PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone doing Project 365 or Project 52?

Lena Gardner
01-01-2012, 07:11 PM
:student:

cardinalskate
01-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Does a project 12 count? I'm going to do a monthly review type thing.

Lena Gardner
01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
or that? :D

nicoleseitler
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
:giggle:

I'm using P365 to keep me going with Project Life. If I keep up with photos, even iPod/Instagram ones, I will be HAPPY! :loveshower:

wishingwellcreations
01-01-2012, 08:38 PM
I am! (sorta)

I did P365 in 2011, and loved it. This year, I'm creating my own variation of Project Life... using my own supplies, and doing most of the layouts digitally (to insert into regular 12x12 protectors once printed)... with some pocket-pages and hybrid goodness thrown in every once in a while, for fun. :) In my mind, it's going to be a really flexible, quick, and simple way to document the everyday stuff in our family's life -- the stuff that normally goes "unnoticed" in regular layouts. P365 did this for me in 2011, too, but the limitation I noticed from the 1-photo-a-day part was that on certain days, I wanted to do a whole 2-page spread. So in my variation of PL, I am going to have the flexibility to do whatever I want. Layout a week? Sure. Layout a month? Whatever. 3 layouts for one day? Why not. It's my life, and I will scrap it however I want. HEAR ME ROAR! :lol:

Lena, what are you doing in 2012?

AquaRuby
01-01-2012, 08:39 PM
I am using Instagram, plus Photoshop to do P366 (get an extra day this year ;)) - I love using Instagram and practically post on it daily anyway - so I figured I'd purposefully post a picture a day and try to keep a running theme going while I do it.

Lena Gardner
01-01-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm doing P365 and I was wondering if we could have a thread or something. A weekly thread? Or something? I'm not sure.

wishingwellcreations
01-01-2012, 08:45 PM
I am using Instagram, plus Photoshop to do P366 (get an extra day this year ;)) - I love using Instagram and practically post on it daily anyway - so I figured I'd purposefully post a picture a day and try to keep a running theme going while I do it.

Fun! I like it. :good:

I'm doing P365 and I was wondering if we could have a thread or something. A weekly thread? Or something? I'm not sure.

I think (maybe?) that the idea is being tossed around for having a special area in the TDC forum... for all of the P365 / P52 / Project Life / AWITL / etc. type projects. Basically, anything that is centered around documenting the details and everyday-life stuff that we want to cherish and remember for years to come. If I'm right (and if it happens), I think it will be wrapped up in the new "Tell Your Story Everyday" theme that is detailed on TDC's new "sister site" (http://www.tellyourstoryeveryday.com).

Hopefully someone w/ more decision-making power than me will come along and find this thread and confirm/deny. :lol:

IntenseMagic
01-01-2012, 11:43 PM
I'm going to try AGAIN haha I have failed miserably at P365 for the last 3 years. Well, not exactly failed, because I do have some great photos and memories of the days that I did remember, so let's just say I've failed to complete all 365 photos.
This year DH is doing a P52, so maybe that will help keep me going. We can compete with...I mean encourage...each other LOL

AnneofAlamo
01-01-2012, 11:56 PM
I finished half of my yearbook for 2011...scrap pages and very clustery, journaling and all, and a few foo foo pages! I sat down to write out what pages I needed to make for the 2nd part of the year..I am looking and I almost did a picture a day!! so I started P182.5 and I did Jun, July, August, September in 2 days, and will finish the year this week!I have become addicted to taking photos and making books...
clear the book shelves!!

nicoleseitler
01-02-2012, 12:03 AM

We gotta figure out what's going to be most neat, clean and useful. That's the hard part. Suggestions?

mhreen08
01-02-2012, 01:41 AM
I'm going to try P52 this year. I've tried doing P365 before, but didn't make it through the whole year. Hopefully, I can manage this better.

ShabbyShaz
01-02-2012, 01:56 AM
I am doing Project Life 366 this year. My version of the combo.

Yep - project life with 366 days.

:teehee: After all there are 29 days in feb this year.

inkspots
01-02-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm going to try again this year too. I think with my phone it'll be that much easier. LOVING all the camera apps, so no excuses. I'm also doing project life and will incorporate the two in a hybrid fashion of some sort.

wishingwellcreations
01-02-2012, 12:26 PM
We gotta figure out what's going to be most neat, clean and useful. That's the hard part. Suggestions?

How about a section of the forum that's separate... like, in addition to "Chicky Chat" and "Digital Chicky Chat" and "Hybrid Chick Chat"... maybe let's add a section dedicated entirely to "Tell Your Story Everyday". That way, it has a main focus in the forum (since it's also a main focus of the site, as a whole, in 2012), and it can be an all-encompassing area for all of these "document your life" projects.

Then, within it... we could add a dedicated thread for each of the main projects being tackled...

Project Life (and related projects/variations)
P365 (or 366, this year)
P52 / AWITL / etc.
Monthly scrapping projects (P12, as Kate put it!)
etc...

Maybe we could also have some sort of "Best Tips/Tricks for sticking to your project-of-choice throughout the year" thread stickied, that people can add to... and also maybe a "Here's what I've been working on..." thread stickied, too, where people can post layouts and show off their progress / inspire others?

Those are my best thoughts right now. :D

ccouch
01-02-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm doing a 365-ish Project Life. Focusing on weekly spreads. Intending to take a photo a day, but not stressing if it doesn't happen. It'll all come out in the wash,...er weekly spread ;)

As far as organizing support in the forums, we're definitely working on that. I think it will help us all keep on track :) I'm not sure how much we should divide (i.e. separate threads for each different take/project for the year) - - or if we should just come together and conquer (i.e. check-in together regardless of what we're doing PL/P52/P366/AWITL, etc.)! I would almost like to just stay together in our journey. Even though we're doing different things, our mission is the same: chronicling our lives and encouraging & inspiring one another along the way.

We also want to check in along the way with OLW. :D

wishingwellcreations
01-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure how much we should divide (i.e. separate threads for each different take/project for the year) - - or if we should just come together and conquer (i.e. check-in together regardless of what we're doing PL/P52/P366/AWITL, etc.)! I would almost like to just stay together in our journey. Even though we're doing different things, our mission is the same: chronicling our lives and encouraging & inspiring one another along the way.

We also want to check in along the way with OLW. :D

Totally agree. :) I guess I wasn't viewing the separate threads as check-in threads as much as "inspiration/idea" threads. And b/c I love this stuff and adore seeing all of the projects and getting ideas, I figured I would be going in and out of all of the threads anyway! LOL ...but your point about keeping together is totally valid/important. I just worried that one giant thread would get too hard to sort out, and become "scary" to newcomers who found a 35-page forum thread! HAHAHA. :lol:

ccouch
01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
:giggle: true, true....

MrsPeel
01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
hey guys, remember me? ok, no worries, I swear I wont blame you if you wont LOL

I am doing a bit like Sharyn, ***waves n hugggzzz**** I started of as Project 52, but the way we click the shutter in this house and the way I scrap....we have at least 3 or 4 double pagers a week, if not more....
I have to say I'm proud that, even with all the illness, financial disaster in 2011, I have printed 8 books of the project already and am working in book 10 which is the last as we speak....only my mouse is crashing and I need to buy another one ...so is taking longer than I thought it would.

Now am confused, because in the newsletter there was something about Project EveryDay.... is that not a kind of 365? or is that just a moto for the site?
I was actually coming to see where the Project was in the forum as I would love to be able to come back hang and do my Project this year with you all....

I'm still waiting on the mouth operation which should be in the end of this month, but I'm getting organised and really, really wanna make it this year over here :)
I ll come back tomorrow with a proper mouse, using my daughter's lap top (not good for arthitic hands am afraid) now
Hugggzzzz

Nathalie
01-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Hey Cynthia!!! Is it really you? *waving like mad*

Many girls here do the paperscrap/hybrid version of Project Every Day, with a special album, papers and page protecters with inserts. I am sure the girls will love to link you up! I think there is a digi version also.

Nathalie
01-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I failed my project 52 last year *hanging my head in shame* Even had a few girls going with prompts on my blog. But then they started dropping out so I just didn't want to do the prompts anymore. In fact, due to my OLW I emptied that special jar with the prompts 2 days ago *lol*

Failing that project I simply know I won't be able to do 365 or every day life, so I won't even try. I am even behind with my smashing, bought all those wonderful products and not using them. I am such a looser :(

Pamie
01-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Cynthia it's so nice to see you! Good luck with your surgery, hon.

As for Tell Your Story Everyday, I'll let someone who knows more than me chime in. I'm personally never going to be able to keep up with a set-in-stone P365/366 or even P52 because I just don't trust myself to stay motivated. But I'm going to use some of the ideas to help me make memory-keeping (and especially journaling) a bigger part of my pages. I think the beauty of the whole thing is that's it isn't a "you have to do it this way or you're doing it wrong" kind of thing. Very adaptable, which works great for me!

wishingwellcreations
01-02-2012, 08:17 PM
I think the beauty of the whole thing is that's it isn't a "you have to do it this way or you're doing it wrong" kind of thing. Very adaptable, which works great for me!

Ditto this! :D

...and... "hi again, Cynthia! Yay!" :wave:

MrsPeel
01-03-2012, 07:20 AM
*waves frantically back*
Hugggzzz Nathalie!!!!
oh I do miss you girls...
so great to be able to spare some time...

I think is a good idea to have a common thread for all Project 365/52 or whatever each one is doing...
I reckon the way to avoid a huge long thread which will scare new comers could be to split it into sub threads, per month?
then if someone wants to go back and start from the beginning even if they are arriving a bit late, they can go back to the month thread they choose...
just a thought, not sure how complicated that would be to create in the forum...

I am SO looking forward to next new release day...judging by Danyale's & ViVa's....we are in for a huge treat :)

MrsPeel
01-03-2012, 07:24 AM
I am even behind with my smashing, bought all those wonderful products and not using them.
story of my life...is already 2012, and I am still with a wholr folder of kits I bought and haven't used!

I am such a looser :(
No, you ARE NOT!
you are such a talented woman, shut up, do as you are told, am older so you have to obey LOL

Pam, Laura Hugggggzzzz so great to have time to pop in, you have no idea how much I have missed you guys :)

geniabeana
01-03-2012, 03:36 PM
I am trying. Again. I do it more photography-wise and not so much scrapping, but I'd like to somehow incorporate them into a book of some sort this year.

sinead
01-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Don't forget, too, that we have a P365/P52 forum here (http://www.thedigichick.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?255-P365-52-Challenges-2011)...If somebody would like to just have a place to post links/pics/whatever, let me know and we can set up the threads for you... (can't remember if you can just post a thread there yourself or not and running out the door at the moment)

chloe
01-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Yup, Sinead, anyone can post a thread there.

I've just finished my P365 for 2011 and I'll order some books soon (hopefully tomorrow since I have a 50% that will expire at midnight!) and I'm starting again for 2012. So far (3 days!) so good! LOL I'll scrap those one week at a time.

Nathalie
01-03-2012, 05:28 PM
No, you ARE NOT!
you are such a talented woman, shut up, do as you are told, am older so you have to obey LOL

Yes Ma'am! :D

nicoleseitler
01-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Laura... I likey that idea. Let me think it over some more. :good:

juliesouthern
01-04-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm doing a loose version with instagram. My only sadz is that they are so small. Still, small is better than nothing.

wishingwellcreations
01-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm doing a loose version with instagram. My only sadz is that they are so small. Still, small is better than nothing.

Julie, what resolution do the photos come out at? I know I've seen templates for sale before that are tailored specifically to Instagram photos... so now I'm curious about what pixel ratio you get to work with? I'm thinking that some of my own templates may have big enough blocks. Hmm. Lemme know, will ya? Maybe I will have to start using my phone to take more photos (and use Instagram/etc.), if they fit on my templates. We just upgraded our phones and I can do all sorts of fun things now that I am not used to being able to do! LOL

chloe
01-04-2012, 12:52 PM
I use my phone often, even though the pix are terrible in low light, but a bad pic is better than nothing!

juliesouthern
01-04-2012, 01:42 PM
They are 612 px square with a resolution of 96... so when you put that on a 300ppi layout you end up with roughly a 2 inch square, right? I have to admit there are things about instagram that confuzzle me. I used another site to export and download, so I'm assuming this is the best resolution I can get.

russetlocks
01-05-2012, 01:45 AM
I am doing a Project 365 with Heritage Makers. There is a great digital template you drop your pictures into and add minimal journaling. I can change anything about the template, add or delete things, as I wish and it will be bound into a 12x12 book. Super fast, easy, neat and clean. What more could a girl ask for? This is the first time I am attempting this project and I am really looking forward to it!!

nicoleseitler
01-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Super fast, easy, neat and clean. What more could a girl ask for? This is the first time I am attempting this project and I am really looking forward to it!!

Exactly! :yeshuh: Go, you! :clap:

Dani Alencar
01-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Does a project 12 count? I'm going to do a monthly review type thing.

I wanna do that, too Kate... I created one MR once and really loved it.

Dani Alencar
01-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Well, I'd love to do 365, but I just feel it's so hard to do... I'll try to be around so I get motivated by you.

chloe
01-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Oh, Dani, I thought I'd never complete a P365 after stopping two years in a row, but I completed it in 2011 and I loved the result so much that I went back to it this year. I collected a couple links and tips last year before starting, let me find that blogpost of mine for you...

Ok, here they are: one here (http://chloefrance.blogspot.com/2010/12/p365s-plan.html), one here (http://chloefrance.blogspot.com/2010/12/preparing-for-p365.html) and last one here (http://chloefrance.blogspot.com/2010/01/project-365.html).