PDA

View Full Version : What would you use?

ShabbyShaz
01-03-2012, 01:46 AM
A USA based friend is helping out her small local Christian school do their yearbook this year. What would you use to produce it. She is not a scrapper as such and is wanting ideas for how to format and print.

I was thinking blurb or something but really have no idea - I homeschool and am not in the usa so have not got a clue what is needed.

HELP!! :teehee:

Then I thought my chicka's in here would be sure to know. :yeshuh:

ccouch
01-03-2012, 01:53 AM
I create our yearbook for our homeschool co-op and have used Blurb the last 3 years. Have been very happy with it.

I can create pretty much everything I need to in Blurb except for the yearbook portrait pages. I have a much easier time creating those in Photoshop and then importing the jpeg in.

When I've worked with yearbook students/volunteers, I've had them create photo collages in Picasa and then I bring those jpegs into the yearbook. Just give them dimensions that I need and we're good to go. I would've preferred to just use Blurb instead of Picasa, but you can't collaborate very well in Blurb. You can export to go from computer to computer, but multiple people cannot work on the same project at the same time. What I do instead is assign work to be done in Picasa and then I "publish" via Blurb on my own.

I have directions printed for making photo collages in Picasa (for my volunteers), and I have a couple Blurb yearbooks in my account that I could link her to if she'd like. It might help to see a finished book and see what we did.

Hope that helps!

ShabbyShaz
01-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Thanks Christine...you are a gem!!

I will tell her all that and see what she wants to follow up with. She is in Colorado..much closer to you than me..lol