PDA

View Full Version : Question about a new subforum

nicoleseitler
01-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi, girls! Laura had a a great idea about gathering all our posts about Project 365, Project Life, One Little Word, etc. etc. into one special forum (which I would place here in the Chick Cafe underneath the Challenges subforum). Before I set that up, I wanted to have a poll... because sometimes subforums are great! And other times, it's easy to have too many. :P

What are your thoughts? Thanks!

chloe
01-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I think it would be great to have a subforum dedicated to those year-long/everyday-focused projects. Yet, I'm not sure it's necessary to create one since there is already the 2011 P365-P52 forum, maybe we could simply rename it to suit our 2012 needs...

nicoleseitler
01-04-2012, 03:01 PM
How bad is it that I don't even know where that is? See--this is why we shy away from subforums. I think that one must be a subsubforum. :lol:

dailydwelling
01-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I think I like it how it is now and create a separate thread for these.

sinead
01-04-2012, 04:09 PM
How bad is it that I don't even know where that is? See--this is why we shy away from subforums. I think that one must be a subsubforum. :lol:

It's in the Challenges forum. ;) So yes, subsubforum. :rotfl:

wishingwellcreations
01-04-2012, 04:31 PM
See, that's what I mean. I hate subsubforums. I can't ever find them. :lol:

That's why I think that one main forum for ALL of the everyday/everytype scrapping projects would be awesome. One main forum, that houses ALL of the P365 - P52 - P12 - AWITL - OLW - Project Life - etc. etc. etc. ...that way, everyone can see that main forum from the, um... main TDC forum. And only venture inside if they're brave enough. :grin: hahaha (and then there can be subforums within it... but at least it's one visible dumping ground for everything).

chloe
01-04-2012, 04:55 PM
LOL. Yeah, I guess a "true" subforum (a main page category) would be easier to find!

wildblueeyez
01-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I want to change my vote. LOL All those year long things like project 365 need to be in their own forum so non participants don't have to wade through a bunch of threads they aren't interested in. Makes the every day chit chat more accessible and member friendly esp. to those new here without it being overwhelming

Nathalie
01-04-2012, 05:52 PM
I am with Chloe, use the subforum that is already there, just rename it.

michellebatton
01-04-2012, 06:24 PM
I had another idea - but I already shared told you on an admin thread LOL So go look there :D

juliesouthern
01-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I cant break myself of the new post habit, so I will read whatever you guys post in whatever forum it shows up in :D

Pamie
01-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I cant break myself of the new post habit, so I will read whatever you guys post in whatever forum it shows up in :DYeah, that. :thumbsup:

michellebatton
01-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I cant break myself of the new post habit, so I will read whatever you guys post in whatever forum it shows up in :D

LOL -that's how I do it too.

sinead
01-04-2012, 11:13 PM
I want to change my vote. LOL All those year long things like project 365 need to be in their own forum so non participants don't have to wade through a bunch of threads they aren't interested in. Makes the every day chit chat more accessible and member friendly esp. to those new here without it being overwhelming

I'm overwhelmed. Wait...I'm just kidding. ;)

sinead
01-04-2012, 11:16 PM

I do this, too, but then I always go to certain areas manually after the New Post check (Admin, Staff, blah blah blah...). I've missed too many things just relying on New Posts before.

teachermom_Rach
01-04-2012, 11:55 PM

This is how I do it too... :)

If I ever need/want to start a new thread I go stare at the main forum page and scratch my head about which forum/subforum my question should go in. I rarely go there.

nicoleseitler
01-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Okay... I think I'm convinced that we will use the new forum, even though I'm skeptical because new forums NEVER seem to go over well... but since we are doing something special here this year with Tell Your Story, it would be good to have one place for all these story recording projects. :thumbsup:

Now, if I make this forum, I want you kids to use it! :hey:

:giggle:

nicoleseitler
01-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Okay, it's up now! Once I decided to do this, I thought I better hurry and do it so that I could put it in the newsletter. LOL! :D

mhreen08
01-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Can't wait to see everyone's projects!