PDA

View Full Version : I've finally got it all figured out!

jennyf92
02-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Well, not everything, but I have been missing reading. Especially since you all are throwing around so many awesome book titles and I really hate that I don't read anymore (except for forums :lol:).

I also hate that I don't have any time for exercising anymore. Especially with the summer just around the corner. So...

I decided to combine the two. Not rocket science really. Many people before me have had this epiphany, but I found that reading while running keeps me at a pretty slow pace because (thanks to old age) I can't see the words!

Well, thanks to my new friend, Kindle, I can increase the letter size to abnormally huge and run fast at the same time! :yes: (Mind you, my fast is another person's warm up, but that's neither here nor there.)

Yay, me! I'm off to go run now!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/kimasabe/runningRevlonforaCuresmiley-MAY.gif

cardinalskate
02-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Go, go Jen!! I have found many odd places to read, and the Kindle really helps with that! Run away into your books!

Pamie
02-17-2012, 10:55 AM
I hope you're running on a treadmill, Jen, because I don't think running in the neighborhood with a Kindle in your hands is very safe. Just sayin'.

Oh, and Yay! :wink:

cardinalskate
02-17-2012, 10:56 AM
I hope you're running on a treadmill, Jen, because I don't think running in the neighborhood with a Kindle in your hands is very safe. Just sayin'.

I thought the same thing! :lol:

Lor
02-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Oh yes, I do that exact thing while hitting my treadmill. And I'm old too! LOL! :-)

jennyf92
02-17-2012, 11:08 AM

:spew:

And here I thought the cars were honking because I'm so hot!

chloe
02-17-2012, 02:01 PM
I've been doing this on my static bike... Much easier than on the treadmill, I'm sure, but glad you got it figured out!

Chel
02-17-2012, 06:18 PM
:spew:

And here I thought the cars were honking because I'm so hot!

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss235/scrappingchel/Blinkies/burning_heart.gif - But of course!! *giggle*

And I loved to read while I excerised on my static/stationary bike but sold it years ago...

cardinalskate
02-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Maybe I'll have to dust off my treadmill and try it. I HATE the treadmill, but if I can combine 2 things I have trouble making time for, exercise and reading, then I'll feel like I REALLY got something accomplished!

jennyf92
02-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Maybe I'll have to dust off my treadmill and try it. I HATE the treadmill, but if I can combine 2 things I have trouble making time for, exercise and reading, then I'll feel like I REALLY got something accomplished!

That's exactly it! Two birds with one stone! Gold!

teachermom_Rach
02-18-2012, 07:24 PM
I was thinking about this last week while stuck on the stationary bike. I can get in a zone when I'm on a treadmill, but the bike just bores me to tears. I wish I had had my kindle that day...might have worked a little harder than I did. My problem is I never know what machine I'll be using at the gym until I am standing in there and see what's open. Since I work out with my neighbor, we look for 2 machines next to each other, which means sometimes we don't have a whole lot of choices. BUT twice a week I am on my own...think I'll remember the kindle next time and try it out. :)

tropt
02-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Oh, yes..multitasking is the best way to exercise. Good for you, Jen! I used to do that when we had a treadmill. Now the only option is outside so that wouldn't work so well (although maybe all the cars would honk at me, too! lol!!) but I still find ways to sneak in reading time.