PDA

View Full Version : I feel like my scrap done broke!

nicoleseitler
02-18-2012, 03:36 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this... I could have picked the TYS forum... or the Digital chat forum... so, since I was undecided, I came in here. :evil:

I am struggling with something and I thought I'd ask you all if you can relate. I am absolutely LOVING Project Life. I have finished all of January now and it feel amazing to have those pages done and life recorded.

But now that I've found this thing that really works for me (FINALLY!), I'm lost when it comes to back to 12 x 12 pages. I'm starting to look at them on Pinterest and think "That's pretty. But where's the story? What's the point of this page besides being pretty?!" or "Gosh, that's a lot of white space... I can't imagine wasting that much space!"

I'm starting to think that maybe all these years, it was the 12 x 12 size that done me in. :blink: Katie (who will soon be 9) still has a half finished baby book, for example. :spin: I just don't know how regular layouts are going to fit back into my life. And I don't know how I feel about it! I guess the reason why it bugs me is that I have 10 YEARS of stories to get down ASAP and I'd like to be working on that when it's my scrappy day, too. I just haven't started because I love this pocket thing so much... I'm broken. ACK!

Can anyone relate? Anyone have any words of wisdom?

Danyale
02-18-2012, 03:49 PM
hmmm, yes, this happens to me all the time. Why I am loving my modified version of PL/TYS with various size pages. Some done in paper, some hybrid, some Digi printed. Mine is more like a series of mini albums strung together without regard if the next page is the same size or just a card I recieved and added a journal to the back of.

I think I am letting myself just breathe (my own OLW) and enjoy doing whatever I want regardless of what I have been doing previously. TRULY, going outside my own box and loving the creative process all over again. I imagine I will go back and finish my own albums that 12x12 size or I may just add in various size things between those pages like now and make all my albums esoteric.....even after the fact of starting them one way. It sounds fun just typing those words and my mojo starts thinking of ideas.

liberating to give myself permission...bwahahahahahahahaha! :)

Chel
02-18-2012, 04:28 PM
I think Danyale has your answer Nicole! Just go with what ever floats your boat. There no rules here. I mean who says the pages have to be all one size - you says you can't just print a photo that you love and scrap it for no other reason and just stick it in there! LOL! Just go with it. You know we say that we are doing this to preserve the memories, and that is true, but we are also preserving where we were creativity at that point. So just don't worry about ole Mr. 12 x 12 - it will still be here when the mood strikes!

chloe
02-18-2012, 05:50 PM
I remind me this all the time: there is no such thing as "scrap police"!!! Enjoy what makes you happy, tell the stories and treasure them, that's what matters.

dawnfarias
02-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Wise words here. Maybe think of 12x12 pages are more a form of personal expression rather than practical??? And honestly, is it bothering you that you don't want to scrap them OR is bothering you that it's not bothering you? If the former, then just go with the flow until you get that particular brand of mojo back. If the latter, then let it go. No need to add more personal pressure in your life.

Unless, you know, you just need some more. :P

hollyinjapan
02-19-2012, 04:01 AM
I think I'm on the other side of the fence. The Project Life just doesn't suit me - I guess I feel like our live here isn't interesting enough to record each and every detail or day or week. I'm not even really an event scrapper. I just like to scrap for the relaxation and sense of accomplishment it gives me (accomplishment that even I can make something pretty sometimes...:giggle:)

Like everyone else here has already said, I think you shouldn't feel guilty or badly about what you are or aren't scrapping. Its a hobby, its an outlet, it a way of keeping a visual diary in whatever form that might take for us. :peace: We are all artists. I think some day after you feel more caught up you MAY want to get back into scrapping a page just for fun or art or whatnot.

Who knows... BTW, I'd love to see some of you PL pages. :geekwub:

wishingwellcreations
02-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Holly, get ready for your jaw to drop -- her paper PL pages are so pretty! Lots of stitched paper... very drool-worthy (almost makes me yearn to do mine in a paper format... but then, digi's just SO much more practical for me! LOL)...

http://nicole.webseitler.com/category/project-life/

dawnfarias
02-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Oh my goodness, Nicole! Laura is right: drool-worthy.

hollyinjapan
02-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Thank you so much for the link Laura. OMGoodness!! Those are so beautiful Nicole. No wonder you have no desire to make other pages right now. If it ain't broke - don't fix it. These are wonderful!!!!:geekwub:

sinead
02-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Why not do a modified version of PL to tell those 10 years of stories? That's what I'm doing (for my 2 or 3 lost years). I say do what's working for you right now.

jennyf92
02-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Why not do a modified version of PL to tell those 10 years of stories? That's what I'm doing (for my 2 or 3 lost years). I say do what's working for you right now.

I totally agree. If you are loving this style, who's to say you can't use it for other types of pages? I am not doing PL, but have quite a few themed albums I need to create and think I might just use the PL style because I find the pages so pretty AND I think it will make it come together more quickly.

sjdahlblom
02-20-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm going to do what Sinead does, try anyway, to get the last four or five years documented somehow. I haven't got very much written down, but will see if I can recap as I go along.

I also have a few travels that I want to do that with. In this case I _do_ have written documentation, as I am better at doing a daily journal when I'm off somewhere than when I'm not.

SunshineTK
02-20-2012, 09:51 AM
I think I'm on the other side of the fence. The Project Life just doesn't suit me - I guess I feel like our live here isn't interesting enough to record each and every detail or day or week. I'm not even really an event scrapper. I just like to scrap for the relaxation and sense of accomplishment it gives me (accomplishment that even I can make something pretty sometimes...:giggle:)

I'm totally with Holly....I am definitely not a detail oriented person and recording the minutiae of every day just doesn't appeal to me. At all. I can't figure out why I'd ever want to go back and see exactly what I did every day of the third week in February of 2005. I like to paint our lives with broad brush strokes, diving in to the details only when it's something that's really special or memorable.

Anywhoo...I say that because that's the amazing beauty of scrapbooking. As everyone else has said, just find what works for you and capture your past and current lives in the way that best fits what works. If you like working in pocket-sized snippets, then do that for your "old" stuff, too!

Pamie
02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm totally with Holly....I am definitely not a detail oriented person and recording the minutiae of every day just doesn't appeal to me. At all. I can't figure out why I'd ever want to go back and see exactly what I did every day of the third week in February of 2005. I like to paint our lives with broad brush strokes, diving in to the details only when it's something that's really special or memorable.Tracy, you said this beautifully. There is a part of me that wants (wanted?) to do PL, but I found after 3 weeks that it's just bored me a bit.

That said, Nicole, this obviously suits your creativity style and your lifestyle, so why change? No one is going to force you to do "regular" LOs, and no one can force me to do PL. I think you need to go with what is inspiring you. Clearly, you have amazing talent and your PL pages are a shining example of it. You aren't broken, you're embracing something that is inspiring you! Grab it and hold on as long as you can. :)

wishingwellcreations
02-20-2012, 11:57 AM
You aren't broken, you're embracing something that is inspiring you! Grab it and hold on as long as you can. :)

Nah, the sad truth is this -- you're broken, Nicole. BROKEN, I SAY! You should be able to do it all. Do. It. All! Scrap in pockets, scrap in 12x12 w/ white space, clean your house, school your kids, run this site, and hey while you're at it -- go make me some chicken pot pie! Chop chop!

juliesouthern
02-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Great, now I really REALLY want chicken pot pie!

wishingwellcreations
02-20-2012, 02:05 PM
I am definitely not a detail oriented person and recording the minutiae of every day just doesn't appeal to me. At all. I can't figure out why I'd ever want to go back and see exactly what I did every day of the third week in February of 2005.

OK, I'm back b/c I thought about this comment for a while earlier while I was cleaning out my kitchen. :grin:

Here's the thing, for me anyway... I am doing a modified PL scrap project for 2012, but I'm not doing it to record what I did every single day. I am actually doing it because it forces me to actually record the types of things that happen everyday. To me, there's a difference. I have a 2-yr and 4-yr old in the house. They say the FUNNIEST $#!T all. the time. And now I am writing some of it down, and throwing it onto a page... stuff that probably wouldn't have warranted an entire 12"x12" layout to itself... but it's going to be somewhere now. Somewhere I can look at it in a year, while leafing through my book, and giggle again about the fact that my 2-yr old doesn't understand the difference between the verbs "sounds like" and "tastes like" and so he says that my flavored water "sounds like juice, Mommy! not water!" -- or the fact that my 4-yr old has now begins a vast majority of his sentences with the word "actually" lately. These are things I want to remember... the way they say things, and what they do. I couldn't care less what happened last Tuesday. But I am finding that this is a great way for me to capture the "everyday", which wasn't making it onto my layouts in the past. It's like a license to scrap the ridiculous.

I totally agree with, and love, what you said about the beauty of scrapbooking -- how we can each tailor it to what works for us. "Traditional" PL doesn't really work for me -- but the way I am doing it does work for me, and what I want out of it. I also LOVE to do a "regular" 12"x12" layout with some white space, too... that appeals to my artistic/creative side, and also allows me to capture the memories of things that wouldn't make sense in a PL-like album. I LOVE that I can do whatever I want! So awesome. So Nicole... forget the pot pie, and just do what makes you happy, just like everyone said. You could, however, make me some brownies. I am havin' a craving.

SunshineTK
02-20-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm so glad that it's totally working for you!! I definitely get what you're saying. For me, I tend to record this stuff anyway if it strikes me as something important enough to get down on paper because it's something my kids would like to remember (like I did a whole layout about when my then 2 year old DD would start to cough every time you said "coffee" because she thought you were saying "coughing.").

Honestly, I'm trying to figure out a way to create FEWER layouts because I'm just running out of space for albums!

Here's the thing, for me anyway... I am doing a modified PL scrap project for 2012, but I'm not doing it to record what I did every single day. I am actually doing it because it forces me to actually record the types of things that happen everyday. To me, there's a difference. I have a 2-yr and 4-yr old in the house. They say the FUNNIEST $#!T all. the time. And now I am writing some of it down, and throwing it onto a page... stuff that probably wouldn't have warranted an entire 12"x12" layout to itself... but it's going to be somewhere now. Somewhere I can look at it in a year, while leafing through my book, and giggle again about the fact that my 2-yr old doesn't understand the difference between the verbs "sounds like" and "tastes like" and so he says that my flavored water "sounds like juice, Mommy! not water!" -- or the fact that my 4-yr old has now begins a vast majority of his sentences with the word "actually" lately. These are things I want to remember... the way they say things, and what they do. I couldn't care less what happened last Tuesday. But I am finding that this is a great way for me to capture the "everyday", which wasn't making it onto my layouts in the past. It's like a license to scrap the ridiculous.

wishingwellcreations
02-20-2012, 05:23 PM
(like I did a whole layout about when my then 2 year old DD would start to cough every time you said "coffee" because she thought you were saying "coughing.").

OK, this is awesome. :lol: hahahahaha! Kids are the best!

nicoleseitler
02-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Dude. I make a mean chicken pot pie, you know. :thumbsup:

Thank you, everyone! I guess the thing is that when I think about scrapping the past, I picture 12 x 12 as "right" (maybe because I have so many 12 x 12 pages already?). I feel like PL works going forward, but I don't know what works for me going backwards. It's like PL not only gave me a format, it gave me a focus. It's almost like "FB Scrapping." LOL! I just can't picture that on a 12 x 12 page yet. I guess the best thing I could do is to TRY it. I might like it. "Try it! You'll like it." :dance:

gonewiththewind
02-21-2012, 12:49 AM
Aren't your PL pages essentially 12x12?

Like this would actually be a 12x24?:

http://nicole.webseitler.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/week3.jpg

Why can't you continue on this same pathway, this type of filling in the blocks, just in a 12 x 12 format and with a little more embellishment for the digi pages?

juliesouthern
02-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Very true, Cheryl. There are lots of templates, too. Right here in DigiChick Land.

gonewiththewind
02-21-2012, 01:59 AM
Yup ~ all Nicole would need to do would be to follow the pattern of her PL pages so far, so then the digi pages could meld right in.

I also think a well-placed artistic page (photo-centric rather than journal-centric) would fit in between as well. Like maybe a mini 4x6 page or even an 8x10? 6x6, etc. LOL

AZK
02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm totally with Holly....I am definitely not a detail oriented person and recording the minutiae of every day just doesn't appeal to me. At all. I can't figure out why I'd ever want to go back and see exactly what I did every day of the third week in February of 2005. I like to paint our lives with broad brush strokes, diving in to the details only when it's something that's really special or memorable.

Anywhoo...I say that because that's the amazing beauty of scrapbooking. As everyone else has said, just find what works for you and capture your past and current lives in the way that best fits what works. If you like working in pocket-sized snippets, then do that for your "old" stuff, too!

I'm also with Holly and Tracy and the others. I did P365 a couple of years ago and by the middle of September or so, I couldn't wait for the year to be over and the project finished. It was only the dread of having such a major project unfinished that kept me going. I fall into the "picture is worth a 1000 words" category of scrapping, lol!

And I was thinking along the same lines as Cheryl...there are SO many digi supplies available to meld the Project Life style with regular 12 x 12 pages! I've done a couple of regular pages using Laura's templates.

dawnfarias
02-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Cheryl, that's a brilliant point. Hmmm...

nicoleseitler
02-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Why can't you continue on this same pathway, this type of filling in the blocks, just in a 12 x 12 format and with a little more embellishment for the digi pages?

Because I have mental hang ups?! Too much of a perfectionist? :spin: I don't know. :lol: I think I just need to experiment... it's the only way I'm going to find out what I want to do. :yeshuh:

dawnfarias
02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
I think I just need to experiment... it's the only way I'm going to find out what I want to do.

Good point. Oh, and one other thing: do you make your pot pie crust from scratch?

Danyale
02-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Because I have mental hang ups?! Too much of a perfectionist? :spin: I don't know. :lol: I think I just need to experiment... it's the only way I'm going to find out what I want to do. :yeshuh:

My OCD fought this at first, but it is liberating knowing I NEVER know what I am going to see happen next. Like I am finally coming into my own creativity...another door opens. Just start with 8.5x11 or maybe a card you got for something. Attach a photo to the back of it, journal, pop some holes in it...tada! I bet you will love it. :heart:

nicoleseitler
02-21-2012, 12:32 PM
You're right, Danyale! :clap:

Good point. Oh, and one other thing: do you make your pot pie crust from scratch?

No. I use the Pillsbury refrigerator type. But everything else is from scratch! :D

dawnfarias
02-21-2012, 03:13 PM
I may need to be making a pot pie very soon.

wishingwellcreations
02-21-2012, 04:56 PM

:lol: Good question!

p.s. Nicole, I made a set of templates that have the same size/shape blocks as the PL inserts... but it's more of a white-space style set. Made it for the very reason you bring up in this thread -- in case someone needs/wants pages that complement what's in their PL album, but want it to be sorta matchy-matchy. So anyway, it's Vol 4 of the series... feel free to grab it up if, for any reason, that solves part of your thing? And if not, well, NVM and use your time to make that pot pie, instead. :P bahahahaha

nicoleseitler
02-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Ha ha!

Well, I actually grabbed your templates the other week! But I was so overwhelmed by the thought of where to start that they are still sitting on my desktop. But I just love what you've done... your templates--all of them!--are so perfect for PL. :)

nicoleseitler
02-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Look at that! Becky has a video today about going back and sticking PL inserts in your current albums.

JvFjiDcbpXg

Hmm.

Hmm. Hmm. Hmm.

:yeshuh:

Chel
02-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Wow at the awesome ideas! Nicole just remember you can't do it wrong....there is no such thing
And now I want a pot pie........:lol:

nicoleseitler
02-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Ooo! Ooo! I found inspiration:

http://media-cdn.pinterest.com/upload/120612096240284720_SEd7LDc7_c.jpg
http://pinterest.com/pin/120612096240284720/

Something about this is really perfect for me. The little bits of scrap. The amount of journaling. I can see doing tons of pages like this.

Is this that gets me:

[removed]

Totally beautiful! But what's the point? I don't mean to criticize this artist, because I am inspired by this and I did pin it. But I think I'm too far deep into Tell Your Story Every Day. And if I am going to take the time to make it, it better be worth my time... :lol:

juliesouthern
02-23-2012, 10:00 PM
To be fair, one person's story may not be another's.

AZK
02-24-2012, 09:42 AM
I agree with Julie. I can see myself scrapping a page like the second one. I totally get it. The first LO, not so much (I don't think I have the poetic creativity!).

wishingwellcreations
02-24-2012, 09:55 AM
To be honest? I think it totally depends on how your brain is wired. Some people really need lots of journaling/explanation on their pages, or else when they look back at them 5yrs later they won't remember why they scrapped it. Other people just need a visual cue of some sort, and it reminds them of the entire story behind the item. I fall into that 2nd category -- I can look at a page that has a photo of a pair of shoes (using your example above, Nicole) and it will bring back memories of those shoes -- how I wore them everyday for a year, how I refused to wear socks with them (middle-school years) even in the dead of winter, how they smelled so bad my parents wouldn't let me take them off in the van on summer road trips... etc. etc. You get my point. See? All I had to do was think of a pair of shoes and I remembered my brown leather loafers from middle school. :lol: Those stories are all true, too.

Now, here's the thing: if someone doesn't need journaling to trigger a memory, but just need a photo to trigger that memory, then awesome. That works for them. But what I am trying to do lately, with my PL pages this year, is do more journaling than I normally would -- so that my husband/kids will remember things even if their brain isn't wired like mine. I suppose PL is making me think of things in a broader sense -- like, it's not just a book for me, it's a book for us. But in the past (like, before I was married -- or maybe even after getting married, but before having kids?), the pages I made were for me -- and so I made the pages in a way that worked for me.

There's really no right or wrong... it sorta depends on how the person viewing the page's brain is wired. Just IMO! :grin:

judet
02-24-2012, 10:03 AM
I think Laura's point there about the journalling in a broader sense is a good one. I usually think that a page isn't done if I have to explain it to the reader - without going right into the detail of who everybody is. I'm going to have to assume that if they're looking at my album they're going to have worked that much out! That'd really take the fun away!

I kind of understand the second one - it's much more visual than wordy, but I actually do think it gets a point across about how much and how she loves to accessorize. I'd be tempted to add little arrows with further details. But then I think we've established that I'm part of the Wordy McGee school of thinking :)

AZK
02-24-2012, 10:16 AM
To be honest? I think it totally depends on how your brain is wired. Some people really need lots of journaling/explanation on their pages, or else when they look back at them 5yrs later they won't remember why they scrapped it. Other people just need a visual cue of some sort, and it reminds them of the entire story behind the item.
There's really no right or wrong... it sorta depends on how the person viewing the page's brain is wired. Just IMO! :grin:

Laura! You hit the nail on the head! If you've ever heard experts talk about learning styles, you'll know what I mean when I tell you I'm a visual learner (I think some of the other styles are auditory, tactile, ....um...can't remember the rest). Write out instruction on how to get from point A to point B, I get lost. Draw me a map, and I'm there. And that translates into how I scrap. I understand the need for journaling in a lot of cases...that's why I'm scanning and scrapping a lot of my Mom's older photos...to preserve the story that goes with them, but honestly, sometimes that story is just a name and a date. That's it.

juliesouthern
02-24-2012, 11:05 AM
I realize that once you figure out what you really want to accomplish with a project creates an excited zeal, but I do think it's important not to be dismissive of what others create. The thing is, I really do this for myself. If there are other benefits, fine. But my main goal isn't to create a legacy for my kids. IT'S FOR ME. And there are many times in digiland that point of view gets short shrift.

nicoleseitler
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Oh, Laura! That is so good. You helped me get to the heart of it! I've been looking at these minimal pages for years and I never knew WHY I was unsettled by it! I can totally get how it could be a visual cue for someone else. I have pictures from my trip to Paris with my mom that I would NOT want to pair with journaling--so I now "get it."

I guess when it comes to family pages or AAM pages what I really want is to hand the page over to someone else and have them read it. I love the words and the pictures, not just the pictures (a photo album) and not just the words (a diary). Thus, I ADORE Project Life. :giggle:

The art part is 100% for me. The story part is 100% for the future. That's my own personal scrap philosophy. :smile:

(And sorry Julie, if I touched a nerve! I was just trying to understand what's going on in my own head and how I can fix it and move forward with more scrapping.)

juliesouthern
02-24-2012, 12:53 PM
(And sorry Julie, if I touched a nerve! I was just trying to understand what's going on in my own head and how I can fix it and move forward with more scrapping.)

I get that. I just know I would be crushed if someone posted my layout and called it "pointless!" :giggle:

nicoleseitler
02-24-2012, 02:02 PM
I certainly didn't mean to crush anyone's feelings. :blush: I'm just trying to work out my own feelings and put pictures to my thoughts...

nicoleseitler
02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
I decided to take the layout out of my post. I shouldn't have done that. I wasn't thinking it through.

Foot in mouth disease and all that.

nicoleseitler
02-24-2012, 09:21 PM
I had initially moved this thread, because I thought that might be best. But I've since heard that it's being discussed on smack blogs. I figured that it would be better to have the comments I actually *did* say put back out here, rather than have people start to believe things I did not say. :\

vivie
02-26-2012, 03:10 AM
interesting reading, nicole....I say, do whatever...these are your books, you should do what suits you and your family best...must say, I haven't done much PL type layouts as I'm not sure it works for me. We have done so much traveling the last 10 years so our books are more of a record of where/what we have seen. DH and kids like LARGE photos so our books tend to look like coffee table type travel books with just a bit of journaling in it and besides, i'm not huge on journaling and admire people who do it all the time!

Lena Gardner
02-26-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm glad you brought this thread back, Nicole. I didn't read it the first time through, so I couldn't imagine how a scrap topic could have morphed into something for hurt feelings. I understand now, though...but I also think you did the right thing replacing the thread. Because when there is unknown...when there are games of telephone, things just get way worse and blown out of proportion. You said something that, in your zeal, was insensitive. You apologized. We have all done both of those things on the Internet at one point or the other. You are human...WOW, what a fatal flaw! This is not the stuff smack blogs are made of.

ayaandjudah
02-26-2012, 11:20 AM
what the heck is a smack blog?

nicoleseitler
02-26-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm glad you brought this thread back, Nicole. I didn't read it the first time through, so I couldn't imagine how a scrap topic could have morphed into something for hurt feelings. I understand now, though...but I also think you did the right thing replacing the thread. Because when there is unknown...when there are games of telephone, things just get way worse and blown out of proportion. You said something that, in your zeal, was insensitive. You apologized. We have all done both of those things on the Internet at one point or the other. You are human...WOW, what a fatal flaw! This is not the stuff smack blogs are made of.

Telephone. Exactly! :yeshuh:

And human--yes, yes I am! Even though I have heard that I should be super-human. I'm sorry that I'm not! I'm just as normal and flawed as the next guy. :lol:

And Alisa--you do not want to know. :ack:

AZK
02-26-2012, 07:26 PM
And human--yes, yes I am! Even though I have heard that I should be super-human. I'm sorry that I'm not! I'm just as normal and flawed as the next guy. :lol:

If you're referring to my Spiderman reference in the other thread, I just didn't want to be accused of plagiarism. :rotfl: We throw that quote around at work all the time.

nicoleseitler
02-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Ha ha! No, I wasn't. I was thinking about some very harsh things that were said about me elsewhere this week. :( I think some people assume that since I am a store owner, I shouldn't ever make mistakes... and while I always do try to watch what I say and think thought it, I'm just not perfect. I wasn't born with the power to say all the right things at the right time... but wouldn't that be nice?!

I just have to hope that those people realize I am truly sincere in my apology and was truly ignorant that what I said could have been taken as bashing... and move on from here! :smile:

Chel
02-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Really I just want to give you a hug!! :hug:

MariKoegelenberg
02-27-2012, 01:03 AM
Same here...I am sorry sweetie. We all love and appreciate you here, and we are so lucky to have you as a friend and store owner (and everything in between! lol) I admire you and think you are a great example for all of us.

Personally I am just astounded at the fact that someone would post negative things about you on a smack blog...we all have our own artistic method and if we found something that works for us should we not be happy for that person? And in the big scheme of things is there not worse things to be worried/upset about? Don't know but this just kind of leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and makes me sad.

ayaandjudah
02-27-2012, 09:57 AM
can someone PM me the URL to this blog? I want to read what they wrote. I hate smack talk, what does it accomplish other than hurt feelings?

Nicole, you run an awesome store with great designers. If someone is jealous of that fact and wants to take your words and make them what they're not, they can go ahead....it just makes them look absurd.

HeatherB
02-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Ha ha! No, I wasn't. I was thinking about some very harsh things that were said about me elsewhere this week. :( I think some people assume that since I am a store owner, I shouldn't ever make mistakes... and while I always do try to watch what I say and think thought it, I'm just not perfect. I wasn't born with the power to say all the right things at the right time... but wouldn't that be nice?!

I just have to hope that those people realize I am truly sincere in my apology and was truly ignorant that what I said could have been taken as bashing... and move on from here! :smile:

The comments must have been from people who don't really know you, because you are such a sweetheart and words just get taken out of context. So sorry you had to go through this, Nicole.

Cluster Queen
02-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Nicole I adore you. 'Nuff said. :blowkiss: