PDA

View Full Version : You know you're addicted to TDC when...

Charla
02-21-2012, 06:18 PM
...Fill in the blank!

For me: you know I'm addicted to TDC when I always start typing it into the address bar when intending to go to my personal blog.

(apparently I think TDC is my own personal place??!!) :giggle:

Your turn!

mrsaboyer
02-21-2012, 06:22 PM
It vies for first place with Facebook in my suggested websites when I open a new browser tab.

chloe
02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
... it is your default page when opening your browser.

Charla
02-21-2012, 06:28 PM
:like:

cardinalskate
02-21-2012, 09:08 PM
You check it, even if you just had no unread posts in the forum 2 minutes ago. And then you check it again. And again...

IntenseMagic
02-21-2012, 09:48 PM
it's the very first site in your bookmark list :)

donnawells
02-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Ditto what Kate said!

You check it, even if you just had no unread posts in the forum 2 minutes ago. And then you check it again. And again...

Pamie
02-21-2012, 10:46 PM
You check it, even if you just had no unread posts in the forum 2 minutes ago. And then you check it again. And again...Uh, yeah. This. :whistle:

jennyf92
02-21-2012, 11:35 PM

Apparently, we all need an intervention!

sinead
02-22-2012, 12:43 AM
;)

donnawells
02-22-2012, 12:49 AM
I think we all need to post more things to talk about so we have more stuff to check! :giggle:

sjdahlblom
02-22-2012, 02:39 AM

I do that too....

I think we all need to post more things to talk about so we have more stuff to check! :giggle:

That is definitely the only solution imo... :)

chloe
02-22-2012, 05:29 AM
I agree with Kate, and I totally approve Donna's solution to that problem. Much better than a TDC rehab!

Oh, and yoy know you're addicted to TDC when you get withdrawal symptoms if you get a "busy server" error for more than 30 minutes... Might reconsider the rehab idea, after all!

hollyinjapan
02-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Oh, and you know you're addicted to TDC when you get withdrawal symptoms if you get a "busy server" error for more than 30 minutes... Might reconsider the rehab idea, after all! :giggle:

I always get upset when I get the busy server message - thinking of all the chicks that are having too much fun and I'm shut out of the party. :clubparty:

chloe
02-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Uh, I didn't think of it that way.... Now my withdrawal symptoms will be much worse next time. Thanks Holly! :/

wildblueeyez
02-22-2012, 09:14 AM
You know you're addicted to TDC when... you just can't stay away from the site. Oh, you may try to break the habit, but in the end, that TDC craving always comes back and so do most people.

right Charla? :giggle:

wishingwellcreations
02-22-2012, 11:16 AM
:giggle:

I always get upset when I get the busy server message - thinking of all the chicks that are having too much fun and I'm shut out of the party. :clubparty:

I'm not 100% sure about this... so don't quote me or anything... but I don't think ANYONE is in here having any fun when the 'server too busy' message pops up. Pamie and I have been running very unofficial tests on this... but the theory is that the site's host is doing something to/with the server at the times that message comes up, and NOBODY can log on. It only seems to happen on Wednesday mornings (usually between 6-9am ET, for about 30-40 min at a time). I've never seen it happen at another time. So I think they're doing some sort of automated-/scheduled-maintenance. I am sure Nicole or Travis could confirm or deny this... because Pamie and I are clearly not the experts. But our tests have been running for about 3-4 months now, at least... and the findings are consistent... :lol:

donnawells
02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
I assumed that was what was going on, too. So I figured we were all standing in line waiting to be let in by the bouncer.

nicoleseitler
02-22-2012, 11:54 AM

Gee. I am not alone? :huh: Yay! :clap:

I'm not 100% sure about this... so don't quote me or anything... but I don't think ANYONE is in here having any fun when the 'server too busy' message pops up. Pamie and I have been running very unofficial tests on this... but the theory is that the site's host is doing something to/with the server at the times that message comes up, and NOBODY can log on. It only seems to happen on Wednesday mornings (usually between 6-9am ET, for about 30-40 min at a time). I've never seen it happen at another time. So I think they're doing some sort of automated-/scheduled-maintenance. I am sure Nicole or Travis could confirm or deny this... because Pamie and I are clearly not the experts. But our tests have been running for about 3-4 months now, at least... and the findings are consistent... :lol:

I have no idea! But I bet Super Travis does. :superman:

judet
02-22-2012, 12:12 PM
I often get the server busy thing when I check in in the mornings - so about 8 am GMT. I kinda figured that unless there was some crazy west coast late night party thing going on it was a techy thing :)

Pamie
02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm not 100% sure about this... so don't quote me or anything... but I don't think ANYONE is in here having any fun when the 'server too busy' message pops up. Pamie and I have been running very unofficial tests on this... but the theory is that the site's host is doing something to/with the server at the times that message comes up, and NOBODY can log on. It only seems to happen on Wednesday mornings (usually between 6-9am ET, for about 30-40 min at a time). I've never seen it happen at another time. So I think they're doing some sort of automated-/scheduled-maintenance. I am sure Nicole or Travis could confirm or deny this... because Pamie and I are clearly not the experts. But our tests have been running for about 3-4 months now, at least... and the findings are consistent... :lol:Yes! I work from home on Wednesdays so I'm extra-obsessive about checking and usually from 7-ish until after 9-ish I'm unable to get in. The scrap Gods are getting a good laugh at me since it's the one morning I'm able to get in early and relax. So I'm forced to waste time on FB and Pinterest instead. Oh, and maybe work.

Chel
02-22-2012, 04:54 PM
When you log off the computer and go to watch TV with hubby only to pull out the Kindle fire to leave love and chat in the gallery!

Can relate to many of the ones in here too! But for me really I am addicted to scrapbooking community in general LOL! Must find my peeps and their LOs on a nightly basis to stay happy!

Charla
02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
You know you're addicted to TDC when...

you just can't stay away from the site. Oh, you may try to break the habit, but in the end, that TDC craving always comes back and so do most people.

right Charla? :giggle:

:giggle: ME??? You mean like coming back on the admin team just because I missed it so much??

A-M
02-22-2012, 08:55 PM
I am only new here but I can see how you can get addicted as there are some great challenges.... will see how addicted I become as time goes on.... ( next month I may not be around much as I will have limited internet when away with my husband holidaying in our caravan )

hollyinjapan
02-25-2012, 03:46 AM
I am only new here but I can see how you can get addicted as there are some great challenges.... will see how addicted I become as time goes on....
:heart::jump::heart: