PDA

View Full Version : Jan Update!

Laura_A
02-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone! I know we're all dying to hear that Jan has had her baby. Unfortunately... not yet. She got to the hospital at about 9:00 this morning and was already dialated 2cm. They got the pitosin (please excuse my spelling) started at 10:00 and she started having contractions pretty soon after that. They gave her an hour break to eat lunch (wierd huh?) and started again after that. I went to visit her at about 2:30 and she was doing really well dealing with the pain. Of course, she still looks absolutely adorable, just tired. The contractions were stronger by the time I left at 4:00 and she was dialated to 4cm. Things are not progressing as quickly as she'd like, but she's in good spirits... chatting and lauging between contractions. They unhooked her IV to let her walk around for an hour to see if that would help any... so that's what she was doing when I left. The woman is amazing. It was really hard to watch my friend in pain... but I'm so excited for her to have it all over with. I told her I'd bring Colin and her mom dinner if she went that long, so I may get to see her again later. I'm expecting another update from Colin any time.

I promise I will post updates as often as I get them! Keep her in your thoughts and thanks to everyone for your concern.

rh_scrapbooker
02-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the update! I've been wondering what was going on!

Rachel

JennStar
02-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Oh my!! Thanks for the news! Give her our best!!

d2vasquez
02-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Oh thanks for the update Laura - I am just amazed at her attending the chat last night and sending a note to her team on route to the hospital...you guys are dedicated.....she may want to reconsider her name for the baby - she is definitely going to be a "digichick"...hehe

Laura_A
02-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Either dedicated or obsessed! Guess what we were talking about in between contractions... yes girls, that's right, we were talking about TDC! :22:

Valgal
02-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Either dedicated or obsessed! Guess what we were talking about in between contractions... yes girls, that's right, we were talking about TDC! :22:

OMG, that's hysterical! I'm thinking of you, Jan! Good luck, hon!

Laura_A
02-11-2006, 12:41 PM
OK, so aparently walking around helped cuz baby is here!

Jan dialated for 4-10 in less than 2 hours and pushed three times!

She was born at 6:07 pm, weighs 8.3 lbs and is 21.5" long. Jan is the one who called me... which is even more unbelievable when I tell you that she did it completely natural (except for the induction)! She's understandably a bit emotional but she sounds great! I'm going to pick up some dinner for Colin and Jan's mom and then head back to the hospital... so I'll have pictures soon! woohoo!

SweetNSassyMommy
02-11-2006, 12:47 PM
YAY!!! Congrats to Mom, Dad and Big Sisters!! Wonderful news : )

Robin

tanbanan
02-11-2006, 12:51 PM
How exciting! Thanks for keeping us posted and can't wait to see pictures!

Rynonut Mom
02-11-2006, 12:53 PM
OMGosh! I'm crying - soooo happy for them! And I so want to be there!!! How fun is that - never met you all IRL - but I wish I was there! LOL!
Wow 8.3 lbs! Go Jan!!!
I was worried that it would take days for her, so glad the walking hepled. She must have been ready to come out to play!
And you guys - talking shop! LOL! Great idea to keep Jan's mind off of things though!

DragonFly
02-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Woohoo...Congrats Jan and Family....=P

Thanks for the updates Laura and can't wait to see the photos...=P

Charla
02-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Yay! Congratulations Jan!
I'm so glad everything went so well and that she's here. Good size baby :)

Can't wait to see pictures!!

MarshaZepeda
02-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Awwww *sniff*! Congrats girlie! Can't wait to "meet" her.... ((hugs)) :60:! This is bringing on some serious bittersweet feelings lol!

sand_gal
02-11-2006, 01:26 PM
What wonderful news....both welll and healthy. Looking forward to seeing photos.

JennStar
02-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Whew-hoo!!!! As a fellow "no-epidural" chick, I'm so proud of her---and on pitocin!!!! You go girl!! I had a little hunch that she would go quickly!! Can't wait to see pics of the newest little "chick!"

JennStar
02-11-2006, 01:38 PM

No, I call that passion!!! :o)

just terra
02-11-2006, 01:39 PM
YAY for Jan! and little Norah - so excited to see pictures! Glad it went fast though probably a little furious at the end there for her!!!
Thanks for the updates Laura!

terra

AndreaBurns
02-11-2006, 01:55 PM
YAY Jan!! Can't wait to *meet* little Norah! woohoo!

chloe
02-11-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm really happy to know that baby and mommy are fine! congrats to the whole family and thanks for the update, Laura!

ybus
02-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see the new baby pictures!

y

InLoveWithDOTS
02-11-2006, 03:06 PM
OK, so aparently walking around helped cuz baby is here!

Jan dialated for 4-10 in less than 2 hours and pushed three times!

She was born at 6:07 pm, weighs 8.3 lbs and is 21.5" long. Jan is the one who called me... which is even more unbelievable when I tell you that she did it completely natural (except for the induction)! She's understandably a bit emotional but she sounds great! I'm going to pick up some dinner for Colin and Jan's mom and then head back to the hospital... so I'll have pictures soon! woohoo!

WOOHOO! How exciting!

angedawn
02-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Oh! I'm so happy for her! :) Glad everything is OK! :) Yeah! and Congratulations Jan! :)

Angela
02-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Tell her we're praying for her!!!!! I'm so excited!

KimberlyGiarrusso
02-11-2006, 04:01 PM
I am getting a mushy......she is so beautiful and I am so HAPPY for you JAN!!!
Hey Laura, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Heather_R
02-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks Laura for keeping us informed! And congratulations to Jan and her beautiful new baby!

brechasemom
02-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Congradulations Jan, Colin & Girls. I'm so glad she's finally here. I bet she's beautiful, jus like her mom.

Laura-thanks for keeping us updated.

Laura

Valgal
02-11-2006, 10:44 PM
AWWWW! Congratulations Jan!! I'm hugging you on the inside :60: !

Can't WAIT to see some photos of the lil peanut :)

MariKoegelenberg
02-12-2006, 02:29 AM
Congrats Jan! I am so happy for you! At last you have your little one in your arms! You were very brave and strong!

Take Care and take lots of pictures for us nosy chickies! We cannot wait to see her!

Laura_A
02-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Jan and baby are home from the hospital and doing wonderful. Actually, Jan bugged the nurses last night 'til they let her go home.. so, 3 1/2 hours after giving birth, she was on her way out the door!

We took the girls home today to meet their new sister and to visit for a bit. Jan is doing so great, just really tired.. understandably. Norah is SO good... hardly a peep the whole time. Colin and Sunny (Jan's mom) have been helping SO much.

Anyway, knowing our girl, she'll prolly be back online tomorrow, so you can get all the details then. LOL

Vania16
02-12-2006, 01:43 PM
What great news :) Glad everyone's doing well - I can't wait to see some pictures LOL!

InLoveWithDOTS
02-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Jan and baby are home from the hospital and doing wonderful. Actually, Jan bugged the nurses last night 'til they let her go home.. so, 3 1/2 hours after giving birth, she was on her way out the door!

We took the girls home today to meet their new sister and to visit for a bit. Jan is doing so great, just really tired.. understandably. Norah is SO good... hardly a peep the whole time. Colin and Sunny (Jan's mom) have been helping SO much.

Anyway, knowing our girl, she'll prolly be back online tomorrow, so you can get all the details then. LOL

Are you kidding? 3 and 1/2 hours? Is she crazy!? LOL Don't answer that.....

Valgal
02-12-2006, 02:55 PM
OMG, 3 1/2 hours? That's crazy! But I know the feeling. I was ready to go home after having Eden too. I don't know if this is true for ALL US states, but in Michigan there is a mandatory 24 waiting time.

Charla
02-12-2006, 02:59 PM
My mom went home the day she had a couple of hers, so no, I don't think it's all states that require 24 hours.
Good for her!

From another fellow non-epidural laborer :D

Laura_A
02-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Germany is different because every woman gets 3 days (I think it's 3) after you go home of post pardom nurse visits at your home. SO, they prolly weren't too worried about her since they'd be checking on her today and the next 2 days anyway.

Things are SO different here. I brought a potted plant to the hospital for her room.. and they made me leave it outside because "the soil is not good for the baby"... yet, they let her have McDonald's for lunch... in the middle of labor! And water the whole time too... no ice chips... they don't even have ice. LOL

andreavictoria
02-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Congrats to Jan, Colin and the Big Sisters! Jan is a super woman I tell ya, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see her online soon, lol!

thequeenofquirk
02-13-2006, 06:05 AM
hey girls!!! this may be short cuz i'm typing with ine hand! lol! holding lil punkin with the other!!

i justwant to say thank you to everyone for all the love, support, and well-wishes. you all are so sweet and this thread totally made me cry!!!

i actually did try to get on yesterday, but of course our puter went all wonky! lol!

CT, i saw all the emails, but havent checked them yet! thank you for working so hard! (((hugs)))

ok, gotta go check a few more threads! :)

Valgal
02-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Welcome back, Jan! You're a trooper for being online already... you nut.

HilaryG
02-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Congratulations!

Glad to hear that you have a healthy baby and that you are doing well!

Hilary

JennStar
02-13-2006, 11:59 AM
So glad to see you guys are doing well!! I heard about the "no ice" thing!! Wow, I love ice!! One of those things you take for granted, I guess!!
Congrats Jan!!! Can't wait to see some pics!!

abbysmommy
02-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Geez, I leave for the weekend and look what happens! Congrats, Jan. I'm so happy everything went well and you're home with your little one. Rest up!