PDA

View Full Version : Still having trouble posting

Ozegirl
02-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Since the site was hacked (and congratulations for getting it back up so quickly :yeshuh:) I find that I have to constantly - almost every time I post in the forum (I am CT for Kimeric Kreations so I post primarily in that forum and in Cluster Queen Creations private forum) I have to recover the page. I am using Win 7 32 bit but I think herein lies the problem - I am an IE user - and yes I love it and no I do not want to change to another browser.

Surely there must be a fix for this - it is so frustrating and annoying. Please, please try to fix this problem. Is it just the IE user having this problem? and can something be done to remedy it? Is it the yellow Auto post that keeps popping up causing the problem?

Thanking you in anticipation and making sure I copy this post because 9 and three quarter times out of 10 I have to recover the page and quickly post again.

wildblueeyez
02-27-2012, 06:34 AM
Travis is aware of the problem and the team has been doing screen shots as the problem occurs so that he can see what is happening and to what operating systems & browsers - hopefully we'll have a solution soon! I'm sure it is frustrating indeed!!!!

nicoleseitler
02-27-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm so sorry for the trouble you are having! We are gathering all the information we can on just why this is happening and with what browsers, so that we can narrow down the issue and fix it. A needle in a haystack! But we are still looking for it. :smile:

Ozegirl
02-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the response - hopefully it will be fixed soon whilst I still have some hair to pull out :)

Charla
02-28-2012, 05:41 PM
In the meantime, would it work for you to type in something else (like notepad) and then just copy it and paste it into the box, so it doesn't have time for the yellow box to tell you it's auto-saving? Would that work for the interim?

nicoleseitler
02-28-2012, 10:57 PM
In case that is the problem, I have gone and disabled that feature. Please let me know if that fixes things. Thanks!

kimeric
03-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Nicole...fyi - mine is now working fine...hasn't frozen up in days. Jenni, aka Ozegirl is still having the problem. Not sure what it is....we had thought it was probably the autosave. Fixed mine...but obviously not all?

Ozegirl
03-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Nicole, sorry but yes it is till playing up. The frustrating thing is that it will be ok for a while and then freezes again - I am sure it must have something to do with the fact that I am an IE user. It always seems to freeze after typing a reasonablely long post so just when you feel that everything is ok the darn thing catches you out. I try to remember to copy each post after I type it and then if I have to recover the page I just paste...sometimes though it can take 3 or 4 attempts.

I know it has happened to at least two other people too :(

Just happened then...so lucky I copied and was able to add this....copying again...