PDA

View Full Version : Where did time go?

scrappurple
03-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Tomorrow we are going to San Francisco to visit the college Brianna wants to attend. :blink: Ummm, what happened to my baby? College. I want to cry.:cry: Any other moms in this boat? I am telling you, time flies by!

cardinalskate
03-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Not in the college boat, but I'm constantly amazed at watching my daughter learning so, so much literally right before my eyes. They grow up so fast and while our goal as parents is to raise them to be great people, it still hurts to see how fast the time flies. The epitome of bittersweet for sure.

Good luck on the college rounds :yeshuh:

Danyale
03-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Yes, totally there and then some, hun. My son graduates local college in May so he has lived at home. He heads off to Bama this fall. Wut?!?!?!?! I want my baby to stay home with me...waaaahhhhhhh!

scrappurple
03-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks Kate! Ok Danyale ... I will let you cry on my shoulder if I can cry on your next year. :cry: :)

Danyale
03-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Yesth, oh gosh. It feels so much more real that he is leaving now that paperwork and class stuff has started coming in the mail. He says he will be fine, but he has been a little bit more of a homebody here as of late. :(

hollyinjapan
03-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Wow... what an incredible milestone. I can't - that is don't even want to - think about how that day will come for us too. It must be so bittersweet to watch your babes achieve dreams and grow, but leave the nest...

mrsaboyer
03-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Oh my gosh, my son is about to GRADUATE!! And I forgot to tell you guys, I didn't think I was going to be able to go, since we had to do this whole move out of pocket, and we had not planned on it at all. ANyway, the graduation is May 12th, and my mom ended up having enough airline miles to fly Wally and I out there. We are going to stay in the hotel with my parents. So I'll be bringing my nursing toddler to see his 22 year old big brother graduate from college! I feel so young/old! LOL!

dawnfarias
03-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Oh, wow. What a big deal! My oldest is ten so I'm not even close to that reality.

IntenseMagic
03-02-2012, 11:19 PM
I sent the first one off to basic training for the Army Reserve 3 years ago when he graduated high school (as the youngest was getting ready to start kindergarten, so I get the whole young/old thing Andrea mentioned haha) and he moved in to his own apt about 6 months ago *sniff*. DD will graduate next year, but she says she's staying home forever unless she can find a way to be a princess LOL Letting go is tough!

ShabbyShaz
03-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Yes, not doing well myself right now. In less than 10 days I take my son home to Australia to live. That is over 24 hours travel to be with him after I return here. :(

scrappurple
03-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Wow ... some of you ladies have me beat! Haha! BUT at least I am in good company and someone can hold my hand as I let go of Bri's hand. :heart:

Chel
03-03-2012, 01:25 AM
BIG BIG Hugs to all you awesome Moms! Mine just starts Kindergarden in the fall and I am already thinking about all that time that we wont have together anymore! I really can't imagine him leaving me like to live on his own! More hugs to all of you!!

chloe
03-03-2012, 03:58 AM
I'm (obviously) not in that position yet, but (((hugs))) to you all.

Pamie
03-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Aw, Heidi, I dread that day too. I know how hard it's been just having my first grader tell me not to wait for him to get off the bus (ya know, he can walk down the driveway himself!) and I know how fast the time flies. Lots of hugs!

And Sharyn, UGH. Honey, I'm so sorry your son has to go so far. Super big hugs to you!

Danyale
03-03-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm (obviously) not in that position yet, but (((hugs))) to you all.

but you will guerl, it will happen. That sounds sad....:(...but all those years of having that baby before it will be so good!!! I can't wait for it to happen for you. :)

Aw, Heidi, I dread that day too. I know how hard it's been just having my first grader tell me not to wait for him to get off the bus (ya know, he can walk down the driveway himself!) and I know how fast the time flies. Lots of hugs!

And Sharyn, UGH. Honey, I'm so sorry your son has to go so far. Super big hugs to you!

Oh yes...I still don't let Emi walk around the neighborhood by herself and she is 15! ACK?!?! What is wrong with us, LMAO!

Poor Sharyn, that is so hard. I would be having squeeziers.

chloe
03-03-2012, 10:00 AM
but you will guerl, it will happen. That sounds sad....:(...but all those years of having that baby before it will be so good!!! I can't wait for it to happen for you. :)

:blowkiss: Yep, as I always said, I can't wait for water retention, stretch marks, painful delivery, sleepless nights, terrible twos, toddler tantrums, first day of school crying (from me or the kid!), teenage troubles and emotional "s/he's moving out!! where did the time go??" ;)

Chel
03-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Love that Chloe!

This tread made me think of that song "Your going miss this when its gone"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBDN8yWyNYU&ob=av3n

tropt
03-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Oh, now I'm snuffling my way through a truckload of Kleenex after this thread and that video. :bawl: My baby isn't in college yet but the clock is ticking. Just the other day I was cleaning out files on my EHD and got distracted by all the photos of those early years (and I needed Kleenex then, too!). ...sigh... BIG hugs to moms with (not so) baby chicks leaving the nest this year. :bighug:

vivie
03-05-2012, 02:35 AM
My DD1 just went last week to visit her university of choice. She's just 15 in 10th grade and will start her international baculaureate program next school year so had to make a bunch of class choices based on the university she is going to....ugh...and it's in the Copenhagen area which is 3 hours away by train on the freaking island...and she came home saying she wanted to go to school there now, skip the rest of the high school and GO DIRECTLY to university...ROFL...we know she has 2 more years before she goes but man...this just hit home...