PDA

View Full Version : Gallery help PLEASE!!

HillsCass
02-13-2006, 09:48 PM
I was just checking on some of my older layouts and discovered a major hiccup....

The Title and poster are me.... but that is NOT my layout. My layout has been replaced by someone elses....

Someone please help me cos I really really loved that layout and I'm missing it already. :(

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/9263/cat/500/ppuser/3025

sinead
02-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Uh-oh! That's a Mrs_Schmuck layout. I'm sure that Laura will address this when she's up. Hopefully she can do something to help!

~Shawna~
02-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Ya know I saw this very same thing awhile back. The layout itself and the description & kits used totally did not match. Of course at the time I just thought the poster maybe copied/pasted the wrong description/kits onto their own layout file. Now I can't remember specifics though, as far as which chick it was. But now I'm thinking it was probably this same scenario! Uh oh! Hopefully Laura can fix it!

HillsCass
02-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Ok, the plot thickens a little further now.... I have just had that layout accepted for publication so I CAN'T show it anymore... rofl.

Too funny.

Now, if I edit the post to delete the layout, will that delete the other person's layout or what?

MarshaZepeda
02-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Have you tried contacting Laura A about this? It seems so strange.... hmmmm...

HillsCass
02-15-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm sorry, I did think that the whole point of this forum was to look for help... am I in the wrong spot?

Heather_R
02-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Cassie, you aren't in the wrong spot, but unfortunately most of us don't have any kind of administrative control in order to look into the problem for you. I haven't experienced it and I don't know how to help you. Laura and the admin team have been making a bunch of changes around here to spruce the place up, so they would probably be your best bet for some help on this one. If Laura doesn't respond here in a while (she lives in Germany, so is asleep when we are awake) I would try sending her a private message...sorry I can't be more help! :)

MarshaZepeda
02-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Well, I'm part of the admin team BUT I am seriously at a loss.... I'm stumped! I tried searching for "uh oh" but this is the only layout that pops up. Have you found where your layout went to? I'm going to try to do a couple of searches. (OH! and one more q... did you happen to have this layout in any of Gina Miller's or Robyn England's old challenge categories? Sketch/Font challenge or Heritage?)

MarshaZepeda
02-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Ok, the plot thickens a little further now.... I have just had that layout accepted for publication so I CAN'T show it anymore... rofl.

Too funny.

Now, if I edit the post to delete the layout, will that delete the other person's layout or what?
Cass - just make a thumbnail stating "out for publication" and then replace it with the edit layout option. (That way you can keep all your comments...) I can't figure out what's going on. Hopefully when Laura wakes up, she'll see something that I don't/can't. Sorry that I can't be of more help... :Not_Impre btw.... you've got a GREAT gallery! :nerd:

HillsCass
02-15-2006, 12:58 AM
Ok, well spotted Maggieandmommy....

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3265/what/allfields/name/mrs.schmuck

This is the original layout.

quite possibly, it's simply that the server couldn't handle them both having the same name, although I know that my layout did last for quite a while before it got swapped out so to speak, all of those comments were left before the picture went funny...

Now if I just reload my picture with a different name, will that fix it? I don't want to do anything to damage anyone elses layout.... :)

HillsCass
02-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Cass - just make a thumbnail stating "out for publication" and then replace it with the edit layout option.

Snap Marsha!! You know what they say about great minds!!

And thanks for your compliments :)

Laura_A
02-15-2006, 03:54 AM
I'm sorry I haven't seen this thread 'til now.

This is very strange and I honestly can't think of what could have happened with this. I'm glad the comments are still and hopefully when you replace the LO it will be just fine.

So sorry for the confusion and congrats on the publication.

Rynonut Mom
02-15-2006, 12:29 PM
I had this happen with the 1st week of "It's a Chick's Life" - the 1st layout. When we moved them into the new section in the gallery for that week, it got mixed up with Shelly's layout. We both replaced our layouts in the edit mode, but they were still tangled up. I was going to have her replace her's again and then delete mine and start fresh, but she did hers that way. Then when I redid mine - it finally stayed right. Kinda strange... her original is gone, so I'm not sure if they were named the same title. I wonder if that's what did it?

MarshaZepeda
02-15-2006, 12:55 PM
I think what's happening is that with all the moving/deleting, we're confusing the server, lol! I know that Holly deleted a couple of galleries and then we opted to MOVE rather than delete the rest of the cancelled challenges. Just bear (sp?) with us... hopefully with the re-open we'll have all this smoothed out... :) :60: