PDA

View Full Version : De-zine chit chat

Laura_A
02-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Now that our 2nd issue is out (and free again btw) we've done some fine tuning and learned a lot more about what we want, I'd LOVE to hear your comments about this month's issue. If you haven't seen it yet, go get it... it's in the Boutique.

scrapsandsass
02-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Ack! My computer is spazzing out and not letting me see it. Can't wait. The brief glimpse I had looked great!

Charla
02-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Mine did too...I ended up having to "buy" it a second time (and re-start my computer). Maybe i shouldn't have let Jasmine chew on the mouse lol

It looks great though! Just beautiful! Can't wait to use the kit :)

InLoveWithDOTS
02-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Downloading now....

Laura_A
02-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Looks like we had lots of people DLing at once, so if you were trying to read while DLing, it was messing up. So, we're changing the DL to a zip file to solve the problem. Thanks for your patience!

dlhoffer
02-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Oh thanks, Laura! I was just going to post that I was having trouble getting it as well...but I will try it again now :regular_s

~Lisa

Valgal
02-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Oh yeah, I think that's what my problem was... I was trying to scan through the pages while it was dl'ing. I'll try again!

Laura_A
02-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I had to take it out of the store for a few minutes til we could get another glich worked out. It'll be back in a bit. Thanks for your patience everyone!

InLoveWithDOTS
02-16-2006, 04:08 PM
I got it dl'ed and it looks great!

I must say that girl on the cover is HOT! ;)

ROTFL :)

Laura_A
02-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Ahahaha Rachael! You're hilarious!

ChristineS
02-16-2006, 04:15 PM
ROFL Rachael -- of course, not only is that chick CUTE but she's very talented as well :)

I think I grabbed it right before Laura took it down -- mine would not unzip so I'll try again after it's up again.

Laura in future months, maybe you want to put the link in the staff forum a day before release so you have a little bit of time to see if there are any problems. I don't envy you all that you must do behind the scenes to keep things clicking around here but here's a {HUG} for you -- you're doing a super fien job!

Leila
02-16-2006, 04:16 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_15v.gif I've DL'd the zip file twice now, and it's showing me an empty window. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_15v.gif

sinead
02-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Leila,

I'm sorry about the trouble. We're working on it to see if we can get it fixed. Thanks for your patience!

sinead
02-16-2006, 04:19 PM
and Rachel, that cover girl sure is hot! lol

InLoveWithDOTS
02-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Ahahaha Rachael! You're hilarious!
Ha ha ha ha, I crack myself up! :)

InLoveWithDOTS
02-16-2006, 04:21 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_15v.gif I've DL'd the zip file twice now, and it's showing me an empty window. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_15v.gif
That happened to me too at first... I had to right click and save it to my hard drive, then open it in Adobe......

Laura_A
02-16-2006, 04:47 PM
OK, all better now!

Leila
02-16-2006, 05:32 PM
That happened to me too at first... I had to right click and save it to my hard drive, then open it in Adobe......

I did that both times...still nothing. I'll try again later though!

aggietha
02-16-2006, 07:01 PM
I was able to D/L it already! THe de-zine is FAB! I esp love the article on how to touch up digi pictures :) And the teasers about the relaunch and new workshops/challenges look so promising and FUN!

sinead
02-16-2006, 07:02 PM
I LOVE the look of the ads for the new workshops! I can't wait to see them! I'm excited!

AmyJo
02-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah that cover chick - she sure is HAWT!!

shaybell
02-17-2006, 01:11 AM
I LOVE it, fantastic!!!

AmyJo
02-17-2006, 02:55 AM
My brain is kicking in...

for those doing articles...get your rough draft to SINEAD by the last day of the month...

we need to gradually get ahead - this schedule would NEVER work for a print publication...we need to get done with March by the end of Feb - we should be done with April when March launches...at least content wise

the deadlines for the layouts, samples, articles...the 6th is cutting it way too close - Rachel, Sinead and I end up pulling all nighters trying to assemble that content - and that's not leaving us even enough time to EDIT it - we can't put pages together without the layouts - so the 6th is way too late (sorry for those who this puts in a time crunch - but in the future it will work itself out - it's just going to be a time crunch for march and april if we get our acts together)

the pre-run of the pdf needs to be ready by the 6th - and it needs proofed by Sinead (yes, even after she proofs the rough drafts of the articles - which should be submitted to her via the ftp access or email as soon as you possibly can) BEFORE we do the footers, page numbering and then send it to RACHEL for links

SOOOO - if at all possible, we, the De-Zine team, would like everything by FEBRUARY 28th at the LATEST - this includes your ADS

If this puts too much pressure on you - PLEASE LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY - We can bail you out, lift you up - or pester the daylights out of you as needed - to get this thing together more efficiently :)

Moving on...APRIL -

it's going to be a major jam right into march...but will help us to be much more on the ball and put out a fabulous production, eh??

THANKS for all of your hard work and for listening to my little tid-bit of input here :)