PDA

View Full Version : Great picture

LeXiee
02-17-2006, 08:04 AM
I have a great picture (well I think it is) of my daughter Gabrielle (7 months). Just wondering if someone could give me an input of a layout or color scheme for it. I'm new at digi-scrapbooking...

Thank you!

Here's the picture:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/lexieex/Gabrielle16Fev200611.jpg

Valgal
02-17-2006, 08:44 AM
With a great b/w you can use just about anything. I personally like to use white or light colored backgrounds so that the photo really stands out. Try some subtle papers and a bright, bold title. Just a suggestion :regular_s

LeXiee
02-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks.. I'll see what I can do! Sure hope it turns out good! What program do you use to do your digi-scraps?

abbysmommy
02-17-2006, 09:35 AM
I agree... lots of "white" or "light" space will really make that pic stand out. It is definitely a gorgeous picture. Look at those eye?!? BEAUTIFUL!

LeXiee
02-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Thank you!! :) :) Ok.. so a light background!

LeXiee
02-17-2006, 09:44 AM
I should probably get rid of some of the extra space at the top of the picture and part if the left side of the pic.

Valgal
02-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks.. I'll see what I can do! Sure hope it turns out good! What program do you use to do your digi-scraps?

I use Paint Shop Pro. You can take a look around my gallery, see if you get some good ideas :)

sinead
02-17-2006, 04:09 PM
That is a great picture! One thing that I would suggest is to just wander around through the gallery. Check out what people have done with black and whites. Some people to check out in particular are Valerie (Valgal), Angela Spangler, and alb52 (Amy). They have done some terrific work with strong black and white photos. There are tons of others and LOADS of talent here, but those three are some of my favorites for strong single photo layous.

Laura_A
02-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Another great way to make a good B&W really pop is to give it just a tiny bit of white backing... like I did here (http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/9489/cat/500/ppuser/308) or here (http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/8364/cat/500/ppuser/308). You can also see with those 2 examples that you can use any color scheme you want!

Beautiful photo/baby! Make sure you show us the finished product!!

LeXiee
02-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks Girls!!!! I started... I sure hopes it turns out good :) :)

LeXiee
02-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Laura I really like the layouts you did!! How did you do that stitch with the patch work? Loved it! I think I may try something simular if I can figure out how to do the stitch.

meems
02-18-2006, 08:23 PM
That is a very cute pic of a very adorable baby.

I like when people use flower brushes (I think that's what they're using) on b/w photos on the edges. Like Laura A's avatar pic.

eta: And like in your avatar pic too!

LeXiee
02-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the input Mimi.

I'll try and see how to do flower brushes!

Valgal
02-20-2006, 08:24 AM
Laura I really like the layouts you did!! How did you do that stitch with the patch work? Loved it! I think I may try something simular if I can figure out how to do the stitch.

Laura used some pre-made stitches on that layout, I'm pretty sure. If you don't have any you might be able to find some free ones. If I find some I'll let you know.

Angela
02-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Sinead, you just TOTALLY made me day!!!! :)

I've found that pretty much anything will compliment a BW photo! I agree though, bright colors such as pink or even white will do well with that gorgeous photo!

LeXiee
02-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Laura used some pre-made stitches on that layout, I'm pretty sure. If you don't have any you might be able to find some free ones. If I find some I'll let you know.

That would be great thanks!! I'll look around too.
I tried to make it using triangles and erasing the bottom of it.. hehehe but it's doesn't work. hehe