PDA

View Full Version : Sad but excited...

rh_scrapbooker
02-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Today's my last day at my current contract. Next Monday, I start my new permanent (full time with benefits) job.

I'm so excited to be moving into a permanent position, but I'm sad to be leaving the people here at my current job.

That's it, I just needed to get that out.

Rachel

Laura_A
02-23-2006, 06:37 PM
I am so happy for you that you got that great new job! Good luck!

Vania16
02-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Change, even when it's good, is rarely easy, that's for sure! Good luck with the new gig though - I'm sure it's gonna be great :)

scrapsandsass
02-23-2006, 06:58 PM
What is it they say... when a door is closed, a window is opened? You can still keep in touch with all the people left and you will have more to meet in the new place. :) Obviously you've thought about that, but it sometimes helps to hear it again. I left a job and some terrific friends, but we still keep in touch and get together several times a year and it is wonderful. You will do great! Focus on that excitement and save the sad part for later when it can motivate you to get together with your old buddies. :)

I'm envious that you have a new job. :) Wish I could say the same at this point. I need to get out of a toxic place.

MarshaZepeda
02-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Yay! Congrats on getting the job! But I know how you feel.... you'll still be able to keep your friends though... and now you have BENEFITS! :)

Rynonut Mom
02-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Yeah - starting a new job is always bittersweet! You are glad to have a new job, but you don't quite know anyone yet and you miss all your old friends! But you will have new friends soon to add to your old ones and great benefits to boot!
How'd yesterday go, Rachel?

angedawn
02-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Best of luck to you! :) Benefits so rock (I can say that being as how my husband has been "benefitless" for a long long timenow!) Good luck!