PDA

View Full Version : Brushes

LeXiee
02-24-2006, 07:54 AM
I finally figured out how to install brushes on PSPX.

But I have this question. I've been trying to use the brushes that I installed but the brush seems to rotate everytime I put it on my LO and the color of the brush changes. Example 90 degrees Dark Pink... then 60 Light Pink... then 180 degrees White, etc... It changes everytime I brush. I want it to be white and I don't want it to rotate.

Does anyone know why it does that?

LeXiee
02-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Ok.. I got it to stay white. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to stop rotating.

mary5704
02-24-2006, 05:32 PM
It may be that the brush variance is set to rotate. With the brush you are describing being the active brush, go to View > Palettes > Brush Variance. Check to see that the settings are normal.

If this was a downloaded brush, the person who created it may have set the brush variance as part of the brush script. You can uncheck Load Variance (bottom left) in the flyout for the brush selection.

HTH,
Mary

haloe
02-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Can I ask where you found the information on downloading the brushes??? I was trying to figure it out last night and gave up! I would greatly appreciate any help!
Thanks so much!

LeXiee
02-24-2006, 06:53 PM
It may be that the brush variance is set to rotate. With the brush you are describing being the active brush, go to View > Palettes > Brush Variance. Check to see that the settings are normal.

If this was a downloaded brush, the person who created it may have set the brush variance as part of the brush script. You can uncheck Load Variance (bottom left) in the flyout for the brush selection.

HTH,
Mary

I'll have to look into that thanks! The problem stopped for me after I closed PSP and re-opened it. However I will do what you suggested the next time it happens! :)

LeXiee
02-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Can I ask where you found the information on downloading the brushes??? I was trying to figure it out last night and gave up! I would greatly appreciate any help!
Thanks so much!

YAHOO!! I can show someone something.

Ok here goes...

When you download brushes make sure to unzip them in its own folder.
Open Paint Shop Pro.
Click on File then Import.. then Custom Brush
Once in Custom Brush you must Open the folder where you unzipped the brushes. Select the brushes you want to install and click on Add.. then OK when you are finished!!

:) :)

haloe
02-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Thank you sooooo much! I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

LeXiee
02-24-2006, 11:10 PM
No problem! :)

itsgumby
02-25-2006, 08:28 AM
It sounds like the Jitter setting is set to something other than normal. You need to go to Palettes & check your Brush Variance palette. If you just want the brush to be straight & one color check to make sure everything is set to normal or 0 (for those things that would have a number). That SHOULD fix the problem unless he person who created the brush created with those variances. In that case it will likely happen again each tie you load that brush unless you change it's settings & SAVE them.
Hope this helps. I am NOT a good teach so if you have more questions I'll try to help the best I can. It may take a while for me to explain things so that you can understand me but it will get figured out evenrually. LOL