PDA

View Full Version : Things kids say

Pamie
07-25-2012, 01:27 PM
I've decided it's time for one of these threads today, because my 5 year old made me bust out laughing this morning. DH has some meetings in NYC today. As he's saying goodbye to the kids, Tyler stops and says, "Daddy, if you see Spiderman while you're in New York City, will you say hi for me?" How much to you love the mind of a 5 year old? :heart:

C'mon, now share yours. :grin:

cardinalskate
07-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Pamie, that is TOO cute!!

I asked my 4 y/o this morning (over the phone), "Did you eat breakfast this morning?" She said, "Actually, of course I did, Mom. Apparently, I had a peanut butter sandwich. It was gargantuan."

Actually? Of course? Apparently? GARGANTUAN? This kid slays me.

Charla
07-25-2012, 01:36 PM
My kids have been hilarious lately.

Hudson (age 3 going on 20), to Josh: "this is cinnamon for your oatmeal. Mommy says you can't taste the cinnamon because it just adds a little flavor."

We've started (very gradually) to start learning Spanish. I need something more official so we can all really learn it, but at this point they watch a DVD about all things related to waking up in the morning.
Jasmine (age 7) told me she'll start going up to someone and saying "hola" to them, to see if they speak Spanish. If they don't answer, she'll know they speak English. (I can't quite get through to her that this isn't the best way to do it)

Jasmine told me tonight she'd like to be a "teacher in a school" when she grows up. She asked how old you had to be to teach, and I told her 22. But then I told her she could graduate at 17 if she wanted, so she could start teaching at 21, and she said, "it would be my prize!!"
I asked what she wanted to teach, and she said:
"I'll teach little kids math, and a little bit older kids I'll teach science, and to bigger kids, I'll teach spelling!"
(I should mention that this is the same child who fought me, tooth and nail, to try to get out of spelling today, and who asked me a month ago why we had to learn math.)

Jasmine's favorite word for "really big" : "hunormous" (huge + enormous = hunormous!)

Charla
07-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Those are so funny!! Kate, my kids have always loved "actually," but gargantuan is hilarious! I'm guessing you're a big fan of words, and it sounds like she is too :good:

Charla
07-25-2012, 01:44 PM
One more:

Jasmine asked what Santa wears in Florida. Her conclusion: "a long-sleeved shirt and capris."

IntenseMagic
07-25-2012, 02:08 PM
I shared one of these with the Etc. ladies this morning in one of our "unique" conversations LOL
Chance was getting in the tub a couple of days ago and said "I wish I was a cat". I said "Why do you wish you were a cat?". He said "So I could lick myself clean and not have to take a bath!" Ummmm, ewwwwwww!

Danyale
07-25-2012, 03:55 PM
I shared one of these with the Etc. ladies this morning in one of our "unique" conversations LOL
Chance was getting in the tub a couple of days ago and said "I wish I was a cat". I said "Why do you wish you were a cat?". He said "So I could lick myself clean and not have to take a bath!" Ummmm, ewwwwwww!

"Unique" that's the word we will use, bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

These stories make me smile knowing that TDC kids are as hilarious as most of you. They get it honest.

cardinalskate
07-25-2012, 04:38 PM
TDC kids are the best.

chloe
07-25-2012, 06:24 PM
And now you understand why I'm trying so hard to get pregnant! ;)

Charla
07-25-2012, 09:25 PM
That's it, Chloe. There's no other reason than having something to add to this thread :giggle:

Trista
07-26-2012, 12:03 AM
:giggle:

funny stuff ladies. kids are funny! Mine speak so literally about things.

Isabelle and Josh have the best conversations.
I overheard them chatting at the table as they were waiting for dinner.
Isabelle – Joshua when you grow up do you want to be? A boss and tell people what to do?
Joshua – I want to be a firefighter or a police man.
Isabelle – I’m going to be a princess!
Joshua – I AM NOT going to be a princess!!
Isabelle – Maybe I will be a mermaid.
Joshua – You CANNOT be a mermaid. Those are pretend. If you were under water how could you breathe?
hahahahahaha

At bedtime, Josh starts yelling at me from his bed....
Joshua: MOM! MOM! MOOOOOOOOOOOOM! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
Me: What is it Joshua?
Joshua: Why are you not as tall as the other mom's? Only grandma’s are your size! Are you a grandma?
Me: No Josh! I am not a grandma! Go to bed son!

corrin
07-26-2012, 05:46 AM
oh this is a good way to start the day!! :teehee: reading this has reminded me that I'm not writing things down as much as I need to!! but here are a couple...

I had just "told off" my 2 girls for something they repeatedly do, and I repeatedly tell them not to, so I had them tell me "what did I just say? and what does that mean?" and then moved on to "so when will it be ok to do that again?"...
Ella - never, or maybe after we die
Eden - when we forget AGAIN!

and overheard between my oldest and her dad
Dad - don't do that!
Ella - why not? you do it!
Dad - if I jumped off a cliff would you jump off too?
Ella - only if it had a zip wire, wheeeeeeee!!

chloe
07-26-2012, 05:56 AM
:rotfl: Those are so good!

Chel
07-27-2012, 12:10 AM
:giggle: These are great!! I love reading them.

This happened tonight:
Nikolai was watching Pinocchio for the first time:
Me: Did you like the movie?
Nik: Yep. There was a whale
Me: Yes there was. What you like to watch it again tomorrow
Nik: Not Sure - it was a good movie but it didn't have any funny parts.

I guess I need something funnier for tomorrow! :giggle:

teachermom_Rach
07-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Love these quotes Ladies! I currently have 3 extra kids running around the house (as well as 2 of the neighbor kids, and my own 2), fighting, misbehaving, and generally running amuck. Hopefully a trip to the pool tomorrow will give the kids an outlet and we'll have some funny quotes by the end of the weekend!

Trista
07-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Overheard Joshua telling Isabelle after having a little issue getting the laptop to connect to the internet.
Isabelle: Mom, The internet is not working
Joshua: Let me see what I can do! I am a computer expert!
Mom: Don't touch anything, I'll check it!
Isabelle: No mom, Josh can handle it, he is a computer expert.
Mom: Oh really?
Joshua clicks refresh on the browser. Watches the game page load. Crosses his arms in triumph and gives a proud nod and says, "See! I told you!".

:giggle:

cardinalskate
07-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Isn't it funny how many things kids are the "expert" on? I know mine is an expert in quite a few things :eyeroll:

modgee
07-28-2012, 04:14 PM
These are all so cute...I have a 4 yr old gdaughter, who gets very excited when I visit,
the last time my daughter Laurie had this conversation with Amelia

Laurie "Grammy's coming to visit"
Amelia "I'm so decided"
Laurie " you're what??"
Amelia "I'm so decided"
Laurie "Amelia I think the word you mean is excited"
Amelia " yeah that's right I'm so excited" and she starts jumping for joy ;)

modgee
07-28-2012, 04:20 PM
This ones from a few years back...my other gdaughter Shaylin was in the car waiting for her parents to get in, my DD SIL are putting the groceries in the trunk and chatting...

Mark "so did you hear there is a new blood test for prostate cancer?"
Jen "no I didn't, I guess that will be better eh? no more erections from the doc putting his finger in your ***
Mark "yeah it sure sounds better"

Shaylin yells from the car " C'mon you guys we don't have time for erections, we gotta get going!!"

I can just imagine what any passers by would have thought of her comment...she was 4 at the time ;)

Chel
07-28-2012, 09:50 PM
:rotfl:
Nik just informed me that he doesn't approve all this Olympic stuff if it means he cant watch Doc McStuffins! :giggle: Not to worry disneyjr.com to the rescue!