PDA

View Full Version : I am crazy in my head!

Danyale
07-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Okay, so my daughter has had a rough few months with a serious illness, surgery, and not even being bale to finish the school year but from her bed. Long story short, she must be feeling better, because....

This is what she talked me into last week to help "cheer her up"

http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/14/97/30/50/39476610.jpg

OH GAWD!! She looks like a "My Little Pony"!

http://books-coloring.com/images/my-little-pony-coloring-pages.jpg

My sister is a hairdresser, so not only was it safe but she can tone it down once it fades some to her normal auburn color, but srysly?!?!

What was I thinking? bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

dawnfarias
07-29-2012, 03:57 PM
I love it! Glad she's feeling better. :)

chloe
07-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Awesome! She's gorgeous anyway, I think she would be even if she were bald! And yay for feeling better!!

Danyale
07-29-2012, 04:12 PM
I know, her feeling better has made this past month a breath of fresh air. I thought I could choke there for awhile, phew! She is so pretty, but I am partial. ;)

I love how she is gaining a bit of weight back now, so she no longer resembles a science project. ::happy dance::

Thanks for not making me feel like an idiot Mom...at least not to my face. hahaha!

Danyale
07-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Here is one we took the other day as well. :smooch:

http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/14/97/30/50/31882810.jpg

I have waited a while to see that smile again. It's funny how the whole house drags down when our babies are not well, isn't it?

corrin
07-29-2012, 04:18 PM
I think the hair looks great, but WOW look at those eyes!! (hilarious my little pony comparison!!) you could never have resisted a few bats of those eyelashes, and that little pouty lip, even if you had wanted to! Glad she is feeling better, and if it makes you feel better, I have one neice who in her teenage years went through pretty much the whole rainbow (with her mum's permission - her thinking was, if that is the worst she is asking to do, then yep, go for it!) - and frustratingly actually managed to look good in most of them!

Danyale
07-29-2012, 04:22 PM
I have one neice who in her teenage years went through pretty much the whole rainbow (with her mum's permission - her thinking was, if that is the worst she is asking to do, then yep, go for it!) - and frustratingly actually managed to look good in most of them!

I know right? I would look insane with that hair. Maybe I should do it and the the crazy people in Walmart would leave me alone for fear I was crazier than them? :shuffle my feet bit while mumbling all with the magenta hair look...worth trying maybe:

-liz-
07-29-2012, 07:24 PM
hahaha - I LOVE it!!!! It looks so good on her.

You could be thankful she didn't go crazy like moi did in May and go cotton candy pink and blue ;)

IntenseMagic
07-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Glad she is feeling better! And I LOVE the hair!! It looks great on her! Lord knows, Morgan has been through her share of hair colors. The way I see it, if the worst thing she wants to do is color her hair, then I am a lucky mom!!

Danyale
07-29-2012, 08:11 PM
I know, Liz! She even did her makeup like the My Little Pony to pick on us all weekend, LOL! She started pulling out Seventeen Magazines and crap! Then decided to make on blue stripe under her ear, she says she is going to do it tomorrow...YIKES!

Ah, Jan. Maybe we can put them in some chairs next to us on the beach for putting up with their antics....they can fetch drinks. :)

Pamie
07-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Danyale, she's gorgeous. Obviously apple does NOT fall far from the tree here. Glad she's feeling better!

cardinalskate
07-29-2012, 08:47 PM
It looks fantastic, methinks!! She's gorgeous, fo sho.

Danyale
07-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Aw. thanks ladies. She thinks she is not, being 15 and all with self image at the normal lifetime low during teenage years.......so I am going to share what you all said, so sweet, :smooch:

hollyinjapan
07-29-2012, 11:18 PM
She looks fun and beautiful. What a cool mom you are to let her do this. We have to pick our battles, don't we? Just glad she is better after being sick for so long.:heart:

Lor
07-30-2012, 11:14 AM
She is beautiful, just like her Momma! Glad to she is feeling better and to see a smile on her face! (When their smiling, we are smiling! Right?!)

*My Emma did the same thing to her blonde locks a couple months back. Though it was pretty, I wanted my old Emma back! Now, months later, she wants her old hair color back, so she is growing it out and hi-lighting... Gawd! Why did I let her do that?!!! LOL! :gaah:

juliesouthern
07-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I just think it's fun, and I'm so glad that she's better :)

teachermom_Rach
07-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Yay! She looks happy...and that's the most important. And the pony reference made me chuckle. :teehee: She looks so pretty. :)

Trista
07-30-2012, 02:05 PM
I love her hair Danyale. It looks fab on her and she looks happy. So glad to see that smile and I know you are relieved she is feeling better! ;)

Danyale
07-30-2012, 05:34 PM
You girls are just so stinkin' awesome to me. I get online to catch up, and these little nuggets are here for me to find. :flirty:

Yes, it has been a long few months, and I am with Julie...girl if you can rock it, do it! Much more appropriate now, then when she is say...job hunting after college, LMAO!

Thank you ladies for making me smile...hugz~

dillydoodles
07-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Danyale, your daughter is gorgeous and I think the colour looks fab on her. Sorry she has been so ill but it's awesome that she's feeling better now. Hey, if it cheered her up (and it looks like it did), then job well done. Its way better than face piercings or huge permanent tats on her young body, lol. ~ Arlene

Chel
07-30-2012, 08:07 PM
I think it is awesome! It is so fun to change hair color. And I agree if you can do it and look that beautiful - I say go for it! So glad see that her wonderful smile!

Kristen
07-30-2012, 09:30 PM
M'eh. She's totally gorgeous. And maybe its because I played with them every day for years and now my big girl has them, but I like the My Little Pony look:heart:

In terms of crazy. Acceptance has got to be a step in the right direction, yes?
/duck and run for cover

Danyale
07-30-2012, 09:48 PM
bwahahahahahaha, yes. I will accept I am slightly crazy. Is it a wonder I fit in here?....hmmmmmmm

grrfluudy
08-09-2012, 04:03 PM
So glad she is doing better. And she is absolutely gorgeous! Fabulous hair! :)

mrsaboyer
08-23-2012, 11:33 AM
I agree with everybody: she looks great! I see no problem with it except for the cost of frequent hair treatments. But then, I've been known to use some funky hair dye.

cardinalskate
08-23-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm glad that this thread was revived, because the title of it is "I am crazy in my head" and when I read that, and that it was from Danyale, I said, why yes, yes you are Woman.

Danyale
08-23-2012, 12:04 PM
I resemble that remark, miss prissy pants

jenbalding
08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm in agreement with the masses, it looks good, and she's gorgeous! It's fun to do "crazy" things occasionally ;)

dreamynest
08-23-2012, 10:34 PM
She is GORGEOUS!! I love the color and I'm so glad she's better. :)

Danyale
08-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Thank you, ladies. She has been a little upset this week about it, because one of the rules at our high school is no "un-natural" hair color. She hasn't been sent to the office, but she says it could happen, LMAO!

cardinalskate
08-24-2012, 05:45 AM
Thank you, ladies. She has been a little upset this week about it, because one of the rules at our high school is no "un-natural" hair color. She hasn't been sent to the office, but she says it could happen, LMAO!

That is the weirdest rule I've ever heard. What harm does hair color do? Maybe if she were threading spikes through her hair that would be one thing, but hair color?

corrin
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
yeah, most of the schools over here are like that. You can get away with dyed hair that is a little red-ish, or has a purple tinge to it, but all out red wouldn't go. I think it has to do with the punk lifesyle that the schools are scared of!

teachermom_Rach
08-24-2012, 03:31 PM
We had that rule too...but then again, I went to Catholic school. Some got around it though by only doing a streak...I think I recall that a few streaks would be lived with...but not a whole head of wild color. Granted, I did a few that would probably have been stretching it too, but since it came in a box from the supermarket, in the hair aisle, I figured I was safe. :)

Danyale
08-24-2012, 04:52 PM
IT is just the opposite here. Its the streaks they consider un-natural and punkish. All over color is more acceptable. She says she thinks her may be good, and it has subdued down quite a bit. We shall see, LOL!

Chel
08-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Hope she gets to keep her color!!