PDA

View Full Version : Hold Me Accountable!

Laura_A
03-10-2006, 07:53 AM
So, I have a TON of housework to do... ick! Since taking over TDC, I have neglected my household duties (which I RARELY ever do- and definitely never for this long). :embaresse Today is the day I have set aside to completly clean every room from top to bottom. So I figured I could post my 'To Do' list here and let ya'll help me stay on track.

So, here's my list... anyone care to post theirs?

Girls' Room
-clean up done
-change bedding done
-sweep & mop done

Our Room
-put away pile of clean clothes done
-change bedding done
-dust done
-sweep & mop done

Bathrooms
-clean done
-wash rugs done
-sweep & mop done

Office
-straighten up done
-dust done
-sweep & mop done

Living Room
-dust done
-sweep, vacuum & mop done
-wash windows

Kitchen
-scrub sink & counter tops done
-sweep & mop done
-wash rug done
-wash windows

Misc
-clean up entry way done
-sweep stairs done
-142 loads of laundry

So, do you think I can do it? Maybe if I keep my butt of this computer. LOL

Valgal
03-10-2006, 09:07 AM
OMG, I'm getting tired just reading that list! How much have you gotten done?

Angela
03-10-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm not doing anything today because I tweaked my neck. Andrew gave me orders to take it easy today. Yes, Sir!!!!! :)

sinead
03-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Wow, Laura, you've already gotten lots done. I did some of that yesterday, but there's still more to do (isn't there always?). I swear that if it wasn't for the nudity factor, I'd convert our family to nudists. The laundry NEVER stops!! But the no clothes thing in public (or even at home) is too much...I favor MORE instead of LESS. Anyway, I digress--good job on getting so much done already!

nbeaudreau
03-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Wow! What a list!! That just reminds me of all the things that I have to do around my house too! I'll work on it this weekend. Today is a day for me. After I drop my ds off at preschool I'm off to the salon for a new do and brow wax. Don't even want to think about laundry. I HATE laundry! yuck!!
You've already got so much done! Good luck with the rest of your chores!

MarshaZepeda
03-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Laura - 142 loads of laundry??!! (Please tell me your kidding?) LOL! But wow! You've gotten a lot done already! Here's my list:

Kitchen:
Put away clean dishes done
Finish loading dirty ones in done
Sweep done
Mop done
Disinfect done

Kids Restroom:
Mirrors done
Disinfect done
Mop done

My Restroom:
Mirrors done
Disinfect done
Vacuum (yes, I know, ICK on having a carpeted restroom... hopefully tiling by the end of the year, lol!) done

My Room:
Finish putting away clean clothes (I swear, this feels like a never-ending job!) done
Vaccuum done

Kid's Rooms:
Organize closets - get rid of too small/stained so I can HANG the good ones, lol! (and see if a shopping spree is in need) ;) done
Pick up done
Vaccuum

OTHER:
Check class schedules at the local college to see if I want to/can go next semester kinda sorta done - looks like I'll need to DRIVE over there since the online thing didn't work for me..... *sigh*
Check into pricing for graphic design services for a job opportunity that came up
Finish making order forms for a wedding I did photos for
Start working on the pre-wedding photos from a Feb photo shoot(I know, baaaaad photographer! :embaresse )
Make a CT call (something that I've been saying I need to do for FORever now, lol!)
Start on a new kit

Wheww..... can I go crawl back into bed now? :X-:
Keep me accountable, too...... :shades_sm

And since I am the type that gets distracted very, very easily... check out the other stuff I got done while walking around, lol!
Swept & mopped the laundry room
Cleaned my washer and dryer (b/c I can't STAND a dirty/dusty set!)
Dusted my blinds... one blind at a time b/c I haven't found an easier way to do it yet!
Organized my restroom storage cupboard
Cleaned my toilets
Vaccuumed the living room, dining room and game room
Washed all of dd's princess dress clothes (which are now line-drying)
Made LUNCH! lol!

AndreaBurns
03-10-2006, 11:14 AM
You GO Laura! You can do it!!!

Now my house.....LOL!!! Its got a list similar to yours!

Valgal
03-10-2006, 11:26 AM
My gosh you girls are on a cleaning SPREE! Wanna move that over to my place?

rh_scrapbooker
03-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Well, I'll have multiple loads of laundry to do, once we get our new dryer. Ours died on Sunday. Wanna hear why? Well, you're gonna hear anyway.... :)

DH left a pair of cat clippers (for their claws) in his jeans pocket.

They came out in the dryer.

They got stuck in one of the holes in the dryer.

Unfortunately, they were attached to the pair of jeans.

So, the clothes in the dryer started twisting around the jeans, and eventually the clothes wouldn't rotate the inside anymore because of the imbalance, so the motor burned out.

Sigh. Off to Sears on Monday (it's the closest appliance place). Due to our work schedules and their delivery schedules, we couldn't get it before today.

So DH is leaving work early today and heading home, so he can be there when the Sears folks arrive.

And yes, we've managed. We can still wash, so we've done that and just hung up stuff around the house.

Rachel

d2vasquez
03-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Wow those are some lists......but can you guys maybe come to my house and do my laundry??? I will do the other things because I am so with Sinead - if they could go naked my life would so much easier! But this weekend I need to wash since WE ARE OUT OF CLOTHES! I am scared to see I might have as many loads as you do Laura and just give up after a few loads (of course, my clothes are first...hehe)!

ybus
03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Some days I feel like Im the only one with house work! Nice to see Im not! My list is something like this:

-start laundry again (just got done with the last set:()
-sweep all the rooms
-mop kitching / dining room
- kitchen (this is dawsons job today as a punishment - so im off the hook for today)
- upstairs bathroom
- put away 50 million piles of clothes

- trip to the bank

But at the moment the tiny one is down for a nap so i have work i need to get done. CKUA is coming quick and my calendars arent done!!

Happy Housecleaning everyone!

y

noralong
03-10-2006, 02:35 PM
I am willing to donate my laundry to anyone who wants to have a list, too! Just let me know! ;)

Actally this thread is so funny, because I came to the computer with my chore list (I make a pretty one, and keep it in a glass frame on the fridge. Then, I use a dry erase marker to mark everything off as I do it. I change it seasonally, or if our schedule changes), and ended up "just checking" what was happening here. My chore list sits untouched, and the chores undone!

Nonnie917
03-10-2006, 03:13 PM
My poor baby. She needs her mama to help her. Remember girls, she doesn't have a washer and dryer like WE have. She has a European one and BELIEVE me it is the smallest thing you have ever seen and wash! It takes 2-1/2 hours just to do a small load of whites on hot. When I was there for Christmas I made her take them to the laundry mat on the base. Got 8 loads done in two hours. Sounds to me like that is the smart thing to do. Am I right?

Laura_A
03-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Well, I had to take a break to go to the Commissary for party stuff... and then to watch American Idol... woohoo Bo!

Got the girls settled in their room with a movie... back to the grind stone.

MarshaZepeda
03-10-2006, 03:31 PM
lol Laura! Those breaks actually mess me up , hee hee! I get distracted sooooooo easily! (like now for example, lol!) I'm editing my post above to let you all know that I *am* busy cleaning, lol!

JennStar
03-10-2006, 03:58 PM
You're doing great. Your list is almost finished!!

As for me, I'll be neglecting my household chores for a few more days. We just had hardwood floors installed in our living room and playroom. The T-molding is being installed in a few days, so it'll create some more "wood dust"- no use cleaning my counters off only to do it agin later, right :shades_sm

hehehe

Rynonut Mom
03-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Holy scrap, Laura! You rock though - because you've gotten through alot of it! And I'm with your mommy - go to the base fro the laundry if you really have that much! Get it done QUICKER!
I've been bitten by the remodel bug. I want to paint my bathroom and spruce things up a little. Along with all the other ucky things I have to do - launry clean - etc, etc.! I bought curtains for my kitchen today - but I'm not sure if I like them - so may have to go back to Target - oh well - right? ;)
Went to K-Mart to match Martha Stewart paint to a MS toothbrush holder that I bought a couple weeks back - and there were too many choice, so I came home with lots of swatches. At least I'm on my way. Then I'll have to stay off the computer to atcually paint it! LOL!

Valgal
03-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I missed Bo the other night... had to put one of the kids to bed and totally missed it, boo hoo!

Are you STILL cleaning??

MarshaZepeda
03-10-2006, 04:49 PM
I am (almost done! Just gotta do the loathsome task of vaccuuming... :sad_smile ) ... Laura should be close to bedtime, tho... lol!

MarshaZepeda
03-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Woo hoo! Got it all done! I also ended up putting this in my blog, too... I'm going to try and make this a habit! Thanks Laura! Keeping YOU accountable sure did a LOT for me, too! :shades_sm

Laura_A
03-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Well... I got it ALL done. Except for the windows. I don't like cleaning them when it's dark cuz I always leave streaks... so I'll do them in the morning... otherwise the house is spotless. Of course, the laundry is a whole different story. I think that will be my sunday project. It feels soooo good to have control of my house again. Now, I can take a shower and crawl under my clean sheets... aahh.

Laura_A
03-10-2006, 06:40 PM
DANG Marsha! You were on fire today! Doesn't it feel so good!! Your DH better notice. LOL

Rynonut Mom
03-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Awwww -man - you guys make me feel like a slaker - LOL! But I have to remember that I did alot of that stuff for 3 days last weekend, so this weekend is more about maintenance!
You go you two!!!!

Heather_R
03-10-2006, 07:08 PM
You guys are making me feel sooo guilty! I haven't done anything today but care for the kids and design. DH is even cooking dinner right now! :)

MarshaZepeda
03-10-2006, 07:41 PM
lol! Ya know what my trick was today? I left the office computer OFF! I checked in on my laptop here and there but since all my "stuff" is on the main one, I was very limited as to what I could do, lol! Well, that and my chore list hanging over my head, lol!

Rynonut Mom
03-11-2006, 12:15 PM
I know - love the internet and the computer and the fact that it's right here in the thick of things in our house, but... it's right here in the thick of things and too easy to get too! LOL! DH "accidentally" turned it off last night, and I left it off. Got some sorting and tv watching done, but should have worked on layouts. I'm going to have to leave it off someday soon!

InLoveWithDOTS
03-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Wow, you rocked, girl! Will you come and help me, next??? ;)

AmyJo
03-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Let's not talk about neglected spots in the house until after the 15th okay??