PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

Vania16
03-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Who hates washing their car, changing their oil and getting gas? Seriously, I should not even be allowed to own a car, I'm so bad at taking care of them! My car is currently covered in dust and my gas light came on as I drove into the parking garage at work! Guess it's time to suck it up and give it some TLC :)

kellyshults
03-14-2006, 12:03 PM
LOL! I can barely see out of my windshield right now! It is so dirty! I tell my husband it is HIS job to do the car washing... but that doesn't go over so well. LOL! I usually end up having to do it myself! :)

SheScraps
03-14-2006, 12:17 PM
I didn't mind getting gas until I had my youngest...now it's just a pain. Luckily hubby is a little obsessive about having the outside of the van look nice so he takes it through the wash whenever it really needs it. Plus somehow I'm able to time it so that it is really low on gas when he takes it out so he ends up having to gas it up. LOL

esjess
03-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Since we've had our Suburban (new to us, but not new LOL) my DH has been pretty anal about keeping it clean and waxed. When he's done the hard work of cleaning it though, I don't mind being anal about keeping it clean. I try not to run through puddles and I make sure the kids don't leave their stuff everywhere.

But, I used to get so embarrassed whenever someone had to ride with us in the mini-van. It was so nasty and I just lost all desire to keep the thing clean other than occasionally driving it through the wash.

I don't mind getting gas when I can pay at the pump, and around here we also have a lot of drive thru gas stations... makes it easier for us Moms!

btw- I haven't been here in a while. Hi :)

Vania16
03-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Glad you're back Jess :) And, I really miss the old full service gas stations - maybe that's something like the drive through ones? In my town in Iowa the gas station had a kid who pumped your gas and they just put it on your account and you paid that at the end of the month. Oh, for the small town service LOL.

SheScraps
03-14-2006, 01:05 PM
btw- I haven't been here in a while. Hi :)

:nerd: Hey Jess...so happy to see you here!!!!

thequeenofquirk
03-14-2006, 01:52 PM
i haven't driven a car in two years.... :)

scrapsandsass
03-14-2006, 02:39 PM
How funny. I was just thinking about that this morning while my DH was pumping gas... one extra-added benefit of carpooling with him. I HATE pumping gas!!!

I do keep the inside of the car cleaner than he does. I am always trying to make sure that the sweet children take their stuff out of the car, but it never quite helps... I always find goodies (aka garbage) hidden. The worst is my step-daughter. She's 15, and she'll use about a half a box of kleenex in the car and leave snotty balls of tissue throughout the car. GROSS!!!!

CraftTeaLady
03-14-2006, 03:04 PM
I am curious, do you all have to pump your own gas? I won't go to a place if I have to. Mine you that its illegal if you pump your own gas in OR.... but, go across the river into WA and nobody is going to be helpin' you, no matter what.

I am an Oregonian, transplanted in WA, and thanking God that I live close enough to OR that getting gas there isn't a problem. :)

LeXiee
03-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't mind putting gas in my car... but it is a little more difficult now that I have a baby.

Funny how men are suppose to love cars and stuff... but if I want any of my vehicules clean.. I have to do it myself!

YvetteSanders
03-14-2006, 03:57 PM
I do not pump gas, I figure it's my way of keeping the teenagers employed!

Yvette

sinead
03-14-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm so bad at that, too, Lisa! Lucky for me, my car gets magically filled up and washed whenever DH drives it. I rarely have to fill it up because he always does it. I'm spoiled! :)

Vania16
03-14-2006, 05:14 PM
I need to move somewhere that they pump your gas! But, I did get some gas at lunch today - still need a wash though, no time for that yet and at least I won't get stuck on the side of the road if I put that off for another day LOL

InLoveWithDOTS
03-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Who hates washing their car, changing their oil and getting gas? Seriously, I should not even be allowed to own a car, I'm so bad at taking care of them! My car is currently covered in dust and my gas light came on as I drove into the parking garage at work! Guess it's time to suck it up and give it some TLC :)
I dont mind getting gas as long as its 40 degrees or higher, LOL...... thank goodness for drivethrough carwahses and oil changing stations..... they make it not so bad!

noralong
03-14-2006, 07:38 PM
I rank buying gas right up there with going to the post office! I hate it! And I live in Oregon! I don't mind going to get it cleaned, but I hate, hate, hate to buy gas.

ChristineS
03-15-2006, 03:02 PM
hate it hate it hate it
now you've gone and reminded me again I need an oil change -- booooo on you!!!

Nonnie917
03-15-2006, 03:04 PM
I take mine to a car wash and have them clean it. DH pumps the gas. I lucked out.

RachelS
03-15-2006, 03:10 PM
i hate everything that has to do with my car pretty much... i hate to get gas, change the oil, take it to the car wash, and especially hate to clean out the insides of it. ugh... and i'm getting ready to get a new (used) car... guess i'll actually have to try with this car.