PDA

View Full Version : Entering Digital Contest at CK Convention

rh_scrapbooker
03-15-2006, 02:37 AM
Very cool! This year at the CK Oregon Convention, Epson is hosting a Digital Layout Contest.

For those of us in the Pacific Northwest who might be attending this weekend, here's the info:

EPSON’S DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING CONTEST!
Now’s the time to show off your digital creations! Participate in Epson’s Digital Scrapbooking Contest by creating your own digital masterpiece as you look forward to the convention. Simply follow these steps below:

1. Download (http://www.shabbyprincess.com/) the free kit, Holiday Magic, from The Shabby Princess.

2. Create your digital masterpiece using this kit as the main portion of your layout. You may use elements from other kits or elements you have made yourself. If you do so, please let us know what you’ve used so we can give proper credit to the designer.

3. Each digital layout should be ONE page and can be one of the following sizes: 12” x 12,” 8” x 8,” 6” x 6” or 8 ½” x 11”

4. Submit your layout (.jpg format) prior to 4 pm ET the Thursday before the convention by e-mailing them to digitalcontest@hotmail.com.

Submissions will be judged by a panel of Epson scrapbook teachers based on creativity, use of elements provided, and overall digital quality. The top 10 layouts will be printed and displayed at the Epson crop sales table during the Fun-Filled Friday Night crop.
One grand prize winner will win over $90 in value and will be announced at the show! If the winner is not present, the prize will be mailed to them.

ChristineS
03-15-2006, 11:23 AM
ooo, that's cool!

Angela
03-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Way cool! Good luck to anyone who enters!!!!!!

Rynonut Mom
03-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Lisa (Vania16) and I were just talking about this last night. CKC is coming right here to Mesa in April and in Phoenix later this year. I haven't gone for the past year or 2, but may have to enter this one. We'll see if I can get it done by then!
What do you think the prize is? Paper? Software?

kymiller
03-19-2006, 06:49 PM
They're doing the same contest for CKC Nashville in April.

I've never entered this type of contest before, but I'm giving this one a shot. Could anyone tell me what's the best size image to submit? One of the things they're judging on is digital quality, but my file is simply huge (a 12x12 layout at 300x300). I'm not even sure I can send it if I zip it.

rh_scrapbooker
03-20-2006, 12:14 AM
I still don't know who won! :(

They were supposed to announce Friday night, but the Friday night crop was so hectic for them, they put it off until the Saturday night crop. Which I did not attend because I hate the convention crops. And yes, I have gone in previous years....

I took the afternoon Epson digital class. I asked them how many entries they received....

*10 entries!*

They did however say more were pouring in for other CK conventions....

I have a 1 in 10 chance, now I just need to find out.

Rachel

AmyJo
03-20-2006, 12:33 AM
ohhh - that's exciting!! :) I'm pullin' for ya' :)

Rynonut Mom
03-20-2006, 01:31 AM
Ohhh - how fun, Rachel! Let us know!
K - I have no idea either... Rachel what did you send yours as???

InLoveWithDOTS
03-20-2006, 06:17 AM
How exciting! 1 in 10.... those are some great odds!

rh_scrapbooker
03-20-2006, 10:06 AM
I sent it as a JPEG, as requested in the rules:

Submit your layout (.jpg format) prior to 4 pm ET the Thursday before the convention by e-mailing them to digitalcontest@hotmail.com.

However, I sent pretty much full size JPEG - I think it was about 3MB. It didn't bounce, so I assumed they got it. :)

Rachel

Ohhh - how fun, Rachel! Let us know!
K - I have no idea either... Rachel what did you send yours as???