PDA

View Full Version : What's for dinner??

JennStar
03-15-2006, 11:46 AM
I'd love some more great recipes (Andrea, I'm sure you've got a handful to throw our way!!)

Last night I made Creamy Chicken Casserole, from the Easy Weeknight Favorites cookbook by Southern Living. I made it lighter by using the lower-fat soup and reduced fat sour cream.

Creamy Chicken Casserole

3 cups chopped cooked chicken (I bake mine in tinfoil at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes)
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
1 TBSP poppy seeds
1 1/2 cups crushed round buttery crackers (40 crackers) (it's about 1 sleeve of Ritz)
1/4 cup butter or margerine, melted

Combine 1st 4 ingredients; spoon into a lightly greased 11x7 baking dish. Combine crushed crackers and butter, and sprinkle over chicken mixturs. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Yield: 4 servings

I serve it with green beans and a salad made with romaine, sliced strawberries, red onion, feta cheese crumbles, and pine nuts! Yum!! For more carbs, I have served it over rice, too.

OK, your turn!

AndreaBurns
03-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Oh My Word Jenn~ you aren't kidding! You sure you want to start this? ROFLOL~ what are you looking for? Hmmm... I'll post some of our fam faves~

Grilled Lime Chicken

2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 c soy sauce
juice of 1 lime
2 T freshly grated ginger root
3/4 c oil
black pepper to taste

Mix all ingrediants to make marinade. Marinate chicken for 30 min- 1 hour. Grill basting with marinade.

Sweet & Sour Chicken Hawaiian

1/2 stick margerine
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped green pepper
1/2 c chopped carrots
3/4 c ketchup
1 c pineapple juice (I use liquid from can of pineapples)
2 T vinegar
2 lbs chicken cut up bite size
1/4 c brown sugar
1 T soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 c pineapple chunks
dash of red pepper and ginger

In a large frying pan, melt margerine, adding onion, green pepper, and carrots. Cook 5 minutes and stir in ketchup, juice, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic salt, salt, and peper. Cook until boiling, stirring often. Add pineapple. Pour sauce over chicken in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees, covered, for 35-40 minutes. Serve over rice with Hawaiian sweet rolls.

Chicken In A Biscuit

2 packages of refridgerater croissants (like Pillsbury)
3-4 chicken breasts cooked
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 c milk
2 T finely chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste

Shred the chicken. Combine it in a large bowl with cream cheese, italian seasoning, parsley, milk, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Spoon mixture into center of unrolled croissant (i pat it wider first) Wrap dough around filling. Place on baking sheet. Prepare croissants per package directions, and sprinkle Italian bread crumbs on top before baking.

Cashew Chicken

2-3 boneless chicken breasts
1 egg white, lightly beaten
4 T cooking wine or sherry
2 tsp cornstarch
3 T vegetable oil
4 green onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 T finely chopped ginger root
1 T soy sauce
1/2 c cashew nuts

Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes. Mix together egg white, half of cooking wine, and the cornstarch. Toss chicken in this mixture until evenly coated. Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan. Then add green onions, garlic, and ginger, and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add remaining wine, soy sauce and stir well. Add the cashew nuts and cook for 30 seconds. Serve over hot cooked rice.

Mexican Lasagna

1 lb ground beef
6 large soft tortilla shells
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 small can chopped chillies
1 small diced onion
chili powder and cumin to taste
2 c shredded mexican cheese
** can diced drained tomatoes opt.

Brown beef and drain. Add all ingredients, except cheese and tortillas, heating through well. Pam 13x9 baking dish. 3 shells on the bottom, half meat mixture, half cheese. Repeat layer. Oven 350, 15-20 min.

Thai Steak Salad

Salad
1 lb. London Broil, 1 in. thick
2 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS vegetable oil
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 bag coleslaw mix
1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
1 medium carrot grated

Dressing
1/4 c white vinegar
2 TBS sugar
3/4 tsp grated ginger
1 TBS vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt

In a large resealable bag, combine London broil with soy sauce, veggie oil, garlic, and grated ginger. Refrigerate for several hours.
Heat grill pan over high heat, Cook steak 6 minutes, turn over, and cook 6 more minutes for medium rare. (we just grilled it outside) Let rest.
In a large bowl combine coleslaw mix, green onions, and carrot. In a small sauce pan combine all the dressing ingrediants. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring till the sugar disolves. Toss warm dressing with the vegetables. Cut steak into thin slices and add to salad. Makes 4 servings.

One Pot Pasta

1 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 (8 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tsp veg oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 (26 ounce) jars Tomato-Basil pasta sauce
1 cup water
1 TBS dried Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese

Brown ground beef in a Dutch Oven over med-high heat, stirring till it crumbles and no longer pink. Drain, wipe dutch oven clean.

Saute onion and mushrooms in hot oil over med-high heat 8 min, or till tender. Add garlic and saute 1 min. Stir in beef, pasta sauce, 1 cup water, and next 3 ingredients.

Bring sauce to a boil: add ravioli. Reduce heat to med-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, or till pasta is done. Stir in cheese, serve immediately.

Will that hold you for awhile? ROFLOL! I've got more if more people want to play! But these are some of our faves! (whats with this weird color? No Clue how I did it, LOL!)

JennStar
03-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Ok, I'm literally LOL!!! Wow! I knew you could come through on this one!!

I'm looking for just about anything. Thought this might be a good way to get some new recipes in my kitchen!

BTW, for lunch this afternoon, I'm popping a little brie in puffed pastry in my oven. I make it for appetizers, but I've been craving brie, so I thought I'd cut one in half and have it with some crackers; what the heck, why not!

Praline Brie En Croute

1 sheet frozen puff pastry, pre-packaged
1 (8-ounce) wheel Brie
1/3 c orange marmalade

1 ½ TBSP brown sugar

¼ c chopped pecans

1 egg, beaten
Crackers, for serving (or sliced baguette)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Follow instructions on package for defrosting puff pastry. Mix together marmalade and brown sugar. Roll out pastry slightly and it out on a flat surface (you may need a little flour). Place the brie in the center of the pastry. Top with marmalade mixture and then pecans. Gather up the edges of the brie, pressing slightly around the brie and gather at the top. Gently squeeze together the excess dough and tie together with a piece of kitchen twine. Brush the beaten egg over top and side of Brie. Place Brie on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.

Serve with crackers.

To give a special look, cut excess pastry into heart or flower shapes, “glue on” with egg wash and bake as directed.

Charla
03-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Ooh, fun!! :)

This is my family's favorite recipe:

Macaroni and Cheese (serves 4)

3/4 pound macaroni
1 lb block of sharp or extra-sharp cheddar, cubed
1 T flour
1 T butter/margarine
1 c milk

Boil macaroni. While boiling, melt butter in medium saucepan. Add flour (and ground mustard if desired), stirring until smooth. Add milk, stirring until smooth and bubbly. Add half of the cheese, and stir until melted.

Strain macaroni, pour half into greased casserole. Add 1/2 remaining cheese. Put in remainder of macaroni and then the rest of the cheese. Pour cheese sauce over whole thing and stir until all noodles are moistened.
You can add buttered bread crumbs to the top, if desired.

Cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly and the top noodles are golden

Penne Pasta with Alfredo Sauce
(serves 4)

1 box penne noodles
can alfredo sauce
box frozen spinach
grape tomatoes

boil penne
heat alfredo sauce
cook spinach
wash tomatoes, cut in half

On each plate, put penne, cover in sauce, add spinach and then put tomatoes on the whole thing. Beautiful, delicious and very quick!

But for dinner tonight, I'm deciding between two new Weight Watcher's recipes, Chicken Souvlaki Sandwiches or Sesame Noodles and Vegetables. Can't decide yet which one sounds yummier :D

Vania16
03-15-2006, 12:42 PM
This is brilliant! I'm so sick of everything I usually make LOL Love all the great ideas :) I'll throw some up later on tonight too!

RachelS
03-15-2006, 02:40 PM
i guess i'm really in need of new ideas... today for lunch we had couscous and steamed carrots. isaac ate a hot dog with his. ian ate some baby food with his. hubby apparently went to QT and got a couple of hot dogs because he forgot to take his lunchbox with him to work today.

Nonnie917
03-15-2006, 02:51 PM
I have an easy crocpot recipe.

1 lb cut up stew meat
1 lb mushrooms sliced (if you like mushrooms)
1 pkg onion soup mix
3 regular size cans of Campbells Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 cup of Cream Sherry (don't use the cooking type it has too much salt. The alcohol cooks off and just leaves a very nice flavor)

Put all of these ingredients into a crocpot, mix well and cook on low all day (you do not have to add any other liquid. Cooking will privide the liquid.) You can serve this over rice or egg noodles. Goes well with garlic bread and a salad. It was my mom's recipe and it became one of our favorites.

ChristineS
03-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Nonnie, that's a family favorite you've got there -- we have it at least once a month! I'm gonna have to try some of these! Meal planning has been a big drag for me lately because my (pregant) palette is utterly opposed to just about anything that's cooked but I still have to feed my family, LOL.

Nonnie917
03-15-2006, 03:02 PM
How funny this is. I didn't know anybody else knew of this recipe. That's great. You will soon get over that cooked smell sickness. I had that problem when pg with Laura. Took about 2 months. How far along are you and is this your first? I don't know much about any of you ladies. But I am learning.

Nonnie, that's a family favorite you've got there -- we have it at least once a month! I'm gonna have to try some of these! Meal planning has been a big drag for me lately because my (pregant) palette is utterly opposed to just about anything that's cooked but I still have to feed my family, LOL.

Kat Stokes
03-15-2006, 03:03 PM
A great WW recipe...

Chicken with Black Bean Salsa

4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 3-4 oz. each)
oregano to taste
salt & pepper to taste
1 can low sodium black beans
1 can petite diced tomatoes (I use the ones with green chiles or jalapenos for spice)
2 tbsp (per chicken breast) low fat cheddar cheese
1 tbsp. olive oil

Heat oil in skillet. Sprinkle chicken with oregano, salt & pepper (I also add garlic powder). Fry until browned on both sides. While chicken is cooking drain and rinse beans. Combine with tomatoes in a saucepan. Heat through.

After chicken is completely cooked, top with beans/tomatoes and cheese.

I usually serve it with a salad and a fresh veggie... ENJOY!!!

* You do not have to use the low fat/low sodium ingredients if you don't want to. *

AndreaBurns
03-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Sweet Potato Casserole

2 cans yams (23 oz)
1 can apple pie filling
1 can pineapple chunks
3/4 c brown sugar
2 T corn starch
2 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Drain sweet potatoes and reserve 1 1/2 c liquid. Drain pineapple and reserve juice. Mix sweet potatoes, apple filling, and pineapple in a baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Set asude. Pour 1 1/2 c sweet potatoe juice and pineapple juice in a small saucepan. Add brown sugar, ground cloves, lemon juice and corn starch. Cook until slightly thickened. Pour over sweet potatoes. Bake 350 until hot and bubbly (about 45 min.)

Horseradish Mashed Potatoes

Another thing I really like to do is make mashed potatoes.

Leave out the butter, but add a TBS or 2 of horseradish, and mix well.

It tastes good and has a nice kick!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Boil a couple chicken breasts, then shred them with a fork (or cut them up)
While they are boiling, put into the crockpot:
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can nacho fiesta soup
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can corn (I drain just a little of it)

Cook a couple hours on low and serve with crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese on top of each person's bowl

Chicken Chowder

2 c chopped cooked chicken
1 can cream of potato soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can mexicorn
1 can chopped green chilies
1 1/2 c evaporated milk
1 c chicken broth
1/3 c sliced green onions
small can sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 c shredded chedder cheese

Mix together all ingrediants in a crockpot. Cook until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.

Southwestern Pasta

8 oz cooked wagon-wheel pasta (or any shape) al dente
15 oz can red beans in sauce, undrained
2 c frozen corn, defrosted
10.75 oz can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 c milk
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 c salsa (recipe calls for mild- we like it medium)

Coat crock pot with cooking spray. Add pasta, beans, and corn. Stir in soup and milk. Cover and cook on low for about 2 hours or until heated thoroughly. Just before serving, stir in cheese and salsa.

JennStar
03-15-2006, 04:29 PM
I've been in dire need of some good crockpot recipes, too!! Nonnie & Andrea- those all look great. I'll have to try some of those this weekend!! It's going to be a busy one!

JennStar
03-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Ok, I'm off to the store. It shall be Nonnie's crockpot stew meat tonight with egg noodles and a salad, and Andrea's 1 pot pasta for Sunday evening, when my DH returns from his trip to North Carolina (volleyball tournament- have you ever heard the term "volleyball widow"- yup, that's me!! LOL!
I think I've got my menu planned out for next week, too!!
(of course, I'd love some more-- bring 'em!!)

noralong
03-16-2006, 03:09 PM
1 cup regular cola
1 cup ketchup
1 cup bbq sauce

Chicken parts. This isn't a precise recipe. Just add chicken and sauce so that the chicken is covered with sauce

Throw it all in the crock pot. OK don't actually throw it. How about place it all in the crock pot. Cook it on low for about 7 hours, or high for 3 - 4.

One other thing I do is to put rice in a Reynolds baking bag (with water, salt, and margerine, according to the recipe). I just squeeze out the extra air, and throw it in the crockpot with whatever else I am cooking. It always turns out perfect, and you don't have to use extra time or dishes, either!

WARNING: I have seen the pickiest eaters sucking the bones clean! Be prepared to make it again!

d2vasquez
03-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Oh my gosh - not only are you guys talented scrappers...you cook too???? Dang...it's hot pockets, cup o noodles and cereal usually for us.....going to hide this thread from my family and maybe (now mind you maybe) try a recipe or too and surprise my family that I know what the other appliances in our kitchen are for!!! Wow!

InLoveWithDOTS
03-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Whatever the hubby makes, LOL :)

ChristineS
03-16-2006, 06:58 PM
whoa, Nora -- are you kidding me? that looks toooooo easy -- gotta try it (maybe with decaf cola though -- we do have 5 kids who already know how to get loud and wild without ANY help, ROFL)

JennStar
03-16-2006, 07:25 PM
We had the beef stew in mushrooms that Nonnie posted on this thread. I paired it with extra wide egg noodles and corn. Yum! Everyone in my family cleaned their plates! That may actually be a 1st!

up next. . .One Pot Pasta!!! Sunday evening, can't wait!

lovesher2boys
03-16-2006, 07:43 PM
What a great post to stumble upon!! A couple of these look like keepers for sure! I'm a HUGE brie lover, so I'm definitely gonna try that baked brie recipe!

Here's one I have cooking in the crockpot right now. It's just as easily do-able as a casserole in the oven, but I'm big on crockpot dinners! More scrapping time, right?

Swiss Chicken Casserole
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss cheese
one 10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
2 cups herb stuffing mix
1/2 cup butter, melted

Spray the crockpot with cooking spray. Arrange chicken breasts in stoneware, top with the cheese layering if necessary. Combine the soup and milk and stir well. Spoon over the cheese and sprinkle with the stuffing mix. Dribble melted butter on top. Cover; cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours

MarshaZepeda
03-16-2006, 08:08 PM
WOW! I'm loving this thread! I've GOT to try Nonnie's recipe.... (Laura - if you're reading this, I just want to let you know that your momma just inherited a lot more dd's heh heh!) :wink_smil I LOVE quick n easy...... :teeth_smi
Here's dh's fave (he calls it my "speciality" lol!)

DARK Chicken (thighs or legs or quarters but NOT breasts!)
BBQ sauce (Bulls Eye is our fave)

1.Wash the chicken and season with seasoning salt
2.Place in a 9x13 dish (or whatever you have - as long as the chicken can lay side by side w/o being on top of each other
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 1.5 to 2 hrs.
4. About 10 to 15 minutes before you take it out of the oven, smother with bbq sauce.

Is that easy or WHAT? lol! The chicken melts off the bones and it's yummy! I usually serve with mashed potoatoes and a veggie.... :)

JennStar
03-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Being extremely scared of any chicken recipe that calls for anything but boneless-skinless breasts, BUT really liking the sound of the BBQ chicken recipe. . .

Marsha, do you use thighs and legs with or without skin??

MarshaZepeda
03-16-2006, 10:11 PM
lol - i used to be the same way! but dh and ds (well, everyone but me) prefers dark meat so I'm getting used to it. now breast just seems too dry. (but i have a super yummy recipe for that one, too!) anyway, yes, it's thighs and legs WITH skin. i've never tried it w/o but i've been tempted! we just had this tonight and ds CLEANED off 3 bones! lol! it's his fave, too! here's a recipe for chicken breast WITH ribs:

need: chicken with ribs (about 4 or 5), a large skillet/saucepan (make sure you have enough room for the chicken to move around - you'll want to be able to scoop the sauce over the chicken), one large can of tomato sauce (15 oz), 1 can of El Pato sauce (it's usually found in the mexican foods aisle or with the tomato sauce... it's a bit spicy but YUMMY!)

1. wash and season with seasoning salt (can you tell that i like this ingredient? :wink_smil )
2. simmer tomato sauce and el pato sauce until heated
3. add chicken, coat with sauce (cook on medium heat - not too high or you'll burn the chicken...)
4. flip chicken every 10-15 minutes coating with sauce each time unitl done.

Tastes EXTRA YUMMY with flour tortillas. I also LOVE the way the sauce tastes over spanish rice.... mmmmmmmm..... :wink_smil

Kat Stokes
03-17-2006, 01:15 AM
Another quick and easy one that I found on the veggie site...

CROCKPOT CHICKEN TACOS

4 boneless, skinless breasts
1 pkg. taco seasoning
2 cans (14.5 oz) petite diced cut tomatoes (with or without green chiles and/or jalapenos depending on how spicy you like things)

Put in crockpot. Cook on low 8-10 hours.

I then shred the chicken, (mix in hot sauce), place in corn tortillas and fry in oil. Remove. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Top with lettuce and diced tomato. YUM!!!

JennStar
03-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Wow- who need cookbooks when you've got a few chicks with super recipes!!!

Kat Stokes
03-17-2006, 09:35 AM
ITA Jenn! http://www.thedigichick.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

AndreaBurns
03-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Serve these 2 together~

Maple-Baked Apple Chicken

4 chicken breasts
1/2 of a medium onion, sliced
2 medium red cooking apples, sliced
1/2 c maple syrup
1/3 c Italian dressing
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray large oven proof skillet with cooking spray. Heat on med.-high heat. Add chicken, cook 3 min. on each side, or till lightly browned on both sides. Place onion on top of chicken. Place apples around sides of chicken. Mix syrup and dressing and pour over chicken. Bake 20-25 min or until chicken is cooked through. Spoon mixture in skillet over chicken before serving.
*** If you don't have an ovenproof skillet, cover the handle of regular skillet with several layers of alum. foil before putting in over. (I did this, BTW.)

Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon & Cheese

1/2 c Ranch dressing
1/2 c shredded Italian style 4 or 5 blend cheese
1/4 c Bacon bits (I used real bacon!!)
2 lbs red potatoes, quartered
1 TBS parsely

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dressing, cheese, and bacon bits in bowl. Add potatoes and mix together. Spoon into PAM'ed baking dish, cover with alum foil, bake 40 min. Remove foil, and bake 15 min more, or until tender. Sprinkle with parsely.

AndreaBurns
03-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Chicken & Shrimp Creole

6 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp white pepper
3 tsp salt
1/4 oil
1 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped green pepper
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 T parsley
2 c water
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
12 small okra
1 lbs peeled shrimp

Season chicken with 1 tsp salt and white pepper. Heat oil in large skillet; add chicken; cook onboth sides till no longer pink. Set aside. Reduce heat; saute onions and green peppers till onions are clear. In a large pot add tomatoes and their juices, mashing and stirring. Add onions and green pepper, water, garlic, thyme, and cayenne pepper. Add remaining 2 tsp of salt. Cook over high 4 minutes; reduce heat and add chicken. Add okra and cook 10 minutes. Add shrimp and cook til shrimp turns pink. Serve over hot cooked rice.
(you can use frozen shrimp & frozen okra)

Crockpot Chili

1 lg diced green pepper
1 lg diced onion
1 lg can tomato juice
1 can tomato paste
1 lg can kidney beans (I usually use 2 reg. sized cans)
1- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
5 TBS chili powder (or to taste)

Brown beef with salt and pepper and a dash of chili powder. Mix all ingrediants in crockpot. Cook on low till heated through, or about 2 hours. Add beans 1 hour before serving. Serve with grated cheese on top.

Italian Chicken

**so EASY & Yummy!

1 box cream cheese (8oz)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
2-3 chicken breasts cooked and chopped/shredded
1 box Rotini pasta (1 lb)

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile add all remaining ingredients to a microwaveable bowl, mix until smooth (this helps if you've nuked the cream cheese for about 30 sec. or so.) Then Microwave until hot. Add some milk for a smoother consistancey, if needed. Serve the sauce on top of the pasta along with some green veggies.

Italian Chicken & Potatoes

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Dice potatoes
Cover baking dish in alum. foil. Spread boneless skinless chicken breasts and potatoes on top. Pour Italian dressing over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake until chicken and potatoes are done. (Usually 40 min-50 min, just open oven and check, you can check at about 35 min.)
The potatoes are flavorful, and the chicken is juicey!
Throw foil away, and put dish in dishwasher, and your dishes are done! Voila! (except my dishwasher is named Nater Tater)

***If you don't have an ovenproof skillet, cover the handle of regular skillet with several layers of alum. foil before putting in over. (I did this, BTW.)

Chicken & Ham Lasagna (kinda like Chicken Cordon Bleu)

2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces, and divided (I bought a rotisserie chicken and shredded the breast meat... very easy!
3 cups 1% low-fat milk (I used skim and it was fine!)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (I didn't have this)
Cooking spray
12 no-boil lasagna noodles
8 ounces thinly sliced 96% fat-free deli ham, chopped and divided

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Place broth and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on a large skillet over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add chicken, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.

3. Combine milk, flour, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper with a whisk until smooth. Add milk mixture to the broth in the pan. Bring mixture to a boil over mediun-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add 1 cup cheese and parsley, stirring until cheese melts.

4. Spread 1 cup sauce over bottom of a 13x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce. Spoon 3/4 cup sauce evenly over noodles. Top evenly with 1/3 of the ham and 1/3 of the chicken. Repeat layers twice, ending with noodles. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.

5. Cover with foil very lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove and discard foil. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese on top is lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.

JennStar
03-30-2006, 03:21 PM
mmm! Hey Andrea- have you seen the Recipe Circle Journal??? You just HAVE to do it with us!!! :teeth_smi