PDA

View Full Version : PSCS help PLEASE!

Laura_A
06-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Ok, this is gonna be real 'technical'.. yeah right! SO, you choose the 'move/select tool' and then click on a layer. When your layer is selected it shows the little border thingy around it that lets you stretch, rotate, etc. Follow me so far? OK, why on earth is my little border thingy not there?! I can't figure it out, but the only thing I can do with my 'move/select tool' is actually move the layer. I want to resize it and rotate it but no such luck. :cry:

HELP!

laurakj
06-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Try going to Edit-Transform
That should let you scale, rotate, stretch, skew etc... It will just be that layer, not the whole image :D HTH

MarshaZepeda
06-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Once you have your move tool selected, look up to the VERY TOP toolbar... there will be 3 lil white 'check' boxes. Make sure you have a check in the last box (SHOW TRANSFORM CONTROLS)... :wink:

laurakj
06-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Marsha, are you using PSCS2?
Because I only have 2 of those check boxes. one says "Auto Select Layer" and the other "Show Bounding Box". I don't seem to have the one you're talking about hmmm.

TraceyLee
06-17-2005, 06:44 PM
make sure that 'show bounding box' is checked. that should solve your problem. :D

MarshaZepeda
06-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Yep, CS2... I was going to tell you the 'bounding box' thing but when I opened up my program, it was different... But yeah, 'bounding box' and 'transform controls' are the same thing, lol! :wink:

laurakj
06-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Ahh got-cha!
With the Edit-Transform you get to put in the actual numbers you want. For the degrees of rotation and the % for the scale etc... at least in PSCS.

MarshaZepeda
06-17-2005, 07:53 PM
You can do that in the top toolbar, too... One thing that I *do* like about the edit>transform menu... you can 'transform' your selections... for example, I need a diagnal selection so I used the rectangular marquee then used the edit menu to put the handles on it and turned it the size/shape I needed... Comes in very handy sometimes!

chastml
06-17-2005, 11:43 PM
i always have to hit ctrl+t to get the little box to show up around the layer. is that what you're trying to do? because once that's there, i can resize it and rotate it and everything, then hit the check mark and it stays that way.

i'm relatively new at pscs, so maybe that's not what you're trying to do, but i thought i'd chime in.

mandy

MarshaZepeda
06-18-2005, 02:40 PM
That's another great keyboard shortcut that I use a LOT... Especially when my 'item' is too large for the canvas... :wink:

Laura_A
06-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Thank you SO much. I was seriously frustrated and found the white box... problem solved. Whew... something so simple can make you so crazy!