PDA

View Full Version : bloggers - do you know about slide.com

ChristineS
03-30-2006, 03:59 PM
have you seen the slide shows popping up on blogs (like Laura's?) You can put one on @ slide.com -- I put my kit previews in my header (http://christinesmithdigital.blogspot.com/). I'm feeling sorta GEEKY today so I had to tell ya' all LOL.

This is where you start --
http://www.slide.com/arrange
ignore the myspace part -- just add in your photos one at a time and when you're through, hit the DONE button and you'll get the code to paste into your blog or website or whatever.

HINT -- to change the orientation of your show from horizontal to vertical, just switch those numbers in the code you are given. Just paste into notepad to edit, recopy and paste into your desination

HAVE FUN

MarshaZepeda
03-30-2006, 04:03 PM
That looks really cool, Christine! Thanks! I'll have to mess with that later.... {never thought to do kit previews, lol!}

thequeenofquirk
03-30-2006, 04:13 PM
yeah, i have it, too! LOVE it! www.jancrowley.typepad.com :)

ChristineS
03-30-2006, 04:13 PM
oh for crying in the beer -- I always have to tweak things ONE TOO MANY times and now I've made my slide show magically DISAPPEAR. Ugh. I have to go out of the house for now but I'll figure out how to get it back later on. The code on the 'ol blogger.com site is a little intimidating to me, LOL

SheScraps
03-30-2006, 04:14 PM
I discovered slide the other day on Kristin's blog and just had to get one for myself! I'm loving it!

sinead
03-30-2006, 04:15 PM
ROck on! I've seen those and kept meaning to ask someone how they were done. Cool beans! Thanks for sharing!

InLoveWithDOTS
03-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up! :)

RachelS
03-30-2006, 04:44 PM
gee... i could've used this post yesterday... it took me about an hour to figure out how to do it and make the slide show vertical for my blog!

d2vasquez
03-30-2006, 05:01 PM
I downloaded it last weekend but then kind of didn't know where to go from there......and was hoping for a thread like this....thanks Christine! Going to play with it tonight!

Rynonut Mom
03-30-2006, 05:06 PM
I want to add one too!
I have a question though... once you have it set up, is it saved somehow so that you can go back and add each new layout to it without starting over? Do you have to create an account then? I looked at the site some, but couldn't figure that out. I wouldn't want to have to keep redoing it each time I wanted to add a layout. Anyone know?

Cynnder
03-30-2006, 05:52 PM
just got one last week..

Michelle..yup you create an account there. then just add your images to it when your logged into slide.com...then republish yoru blog!...its really sweet!

AmyJo
03-30-2006, 05:55 PM
i'm so lazy
meant to do this for weeks...

KristinCB
03-30-2006, 06:17 PM
also when doing it, make sure to click the "email" button or whatever it is that way you are emailed the link so that you can make changes.

nbeaudreau
03-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks for pointing out this cool slide show! This is all new to me. I just started a blog this week. I have question for you pros. Where do you put the code once you have your slide show ready?? Can you please help a blog newbie??!

ChristineS
03-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Nikki, I put my code just below my header (finally got it to reappear and I SERIOUSLY do not know why is disappeared still but I'm not TOUCHING it again, LOL) or you can put it in your sidebar if you swap the numbers for the horizontal and vertical size. One of my CT gals has one like that --
http://shellysscrapcreations.typepad.com/shellys_space/

nbeaudreau
03-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Muchas Gracias, Chirstine! I should have know it was that easy! I'm off to go and try it out!!

Kazadoodle
03-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Oh yes - LOL - I saw it on someone else's blog and had to rush out and do the same -

~Shawna~
03-31-2006, 01:02 AM
I downloaded the program awhile back & finally got to play with it a few days ago. I got it up on my blog (http://shawnataylor.blogspot.com) but I wasn't sure how to change the size & orientation once I got it there so now I know how to do that! I want it to be bigger than the 200x200 default size. Also you can download the Slide player to your desktop & all you do is open the slide program & drag & drop your files into the player & it automatically updates your feed. Its much easier than logging into their website everytime to add layouts!

tamra
03-31-2006, 02:48 AM
I'm SO going to do this ... sometime! I'm really too tired to fiddle with it now, but thanks for letting us know. Can't wait to do mine.

meems
03-31-2006, 03:24 AM
I so want to do this too! Doesn't Photobucket offer something similar?

ChristineS
03-31-2006, 03:49 PM
ooooo shawna, i'll have to try that - -thanks for the TIP!!

Rynonut Mom
04-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Mimi - I did get an e-mail about photobucket, but I just assumed that you had to upload all your photos to it for it to work. But I guess it's the same thing, huh? And I wasn't thinking about layouts AT ALL at the time.
Of course, I decide that I'm going to play with this this morning and the site's down! grrrr!
Off to check out photobucket's instead, since I already have an account there! :)

Stacey42
04-01-2006, 11:01 AM
I think you do have to have the photos in photobucket for their film strip to work. Photobucket is where I keep my photos though, so I am not 100% sure. I love slide.com's version. it inspired to figure out how to get a 3rd column on my blogger site. Now if I can just get it to look right in Firefox as well as IE.

d2vasquez
04-01-2006, 11:08 AM
LOL Stacey that is what I am trying to figure out how to do too....got the slide on....but one day I will do a header that I like and hmmm, make it a place I actually go to...hehe

ChristineS
04-01-2006, 11:24 AM
does the photobucket count toward your bandwidth? I've always gone over on bandwidth with the freebie one with blinkies and other junk I used to keep on there ...

Rynonut Mom
04-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm not totally sure, Christine! I only have about 3% of mine filled, though. I just played with it some right now, and I'm not too sure if I like it! I can't figure out (yet) how to get it uploaded to blogger and how to get it in the side bar like I want. Slide site seems to still be down.

d2vasquez
04-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Wow this sounds like a tutorial is needed: how to do basic things to your blog......

Rynonut Mom
04-01-2006, 11:46 PM
I did it! I got 4 of them added to my blog today! Woo Whoo!

MariKoegelenberg
04-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Okay now I know, I feel so dumb thanks Christine for the heads up will see if I can play around with it a bit more.

Rynonut Mom
04-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Ya know... I got these all set up on Saturday. When I went to add a few more layouts on Sunday, I couldn't ever find them again. I thought that I had created an account, but somehow it wasn't.... Ugh! They were still playing on my blog, which was weird. So I made sure I created and account and got the e-mail confirmation from them this time, before I created the slides. And then I made sure I e-mailed the one I created from the MYSpace option on the front, just in case!
What a lot of work! But I'm really pleased with them!

nudigichix
04-04-2006, 04:49 PM
yeah, it's nice. i already have it on my blog... :)

MarshaZepeda
04-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Question about this: I just want one IN my post to show the pics from our vacation... that's not something I exactly want in the sidebar, kwim? Do you know how to do that? Or am I stuck putting it in the bar? lol!

ChristineS
04-25-2006, 10:31 AM
I've definitely seen them in posts -- just switch over to the HTML view in blogger to paste it in

MarshaZepeda
04-25-2006, 02:27 PM
I tried that... it keeps telling me that the tag is broken. But get this... once I put it in my sidebar, NOW it's showing up in the post! Golly..... :sarcastic lol!

digiadict
04-25-2006, 06:12 PM
HINT -- to change the orientation of your show from horizontal to vertical, just switch those numbers in the code you are given. Just paste into notepad to edit, recopy and paste into your desination

HAVE FUN

I wondered how to do that - thanks for the hint!!

SarahJ
05-04-2006, 01:34 AM
olay, i need someone nice to walk me through this step by step....how do you add it into your blog? say if I wanted to put LAYOUTS over one slide show and KITS over another over on the sidebar. How would I do that. I have a book on HTML. I swear someday I am going to learn it! LOL

Man, am I the blogging idiot tonight or what? :)

Rynonut Mom
05-04-2006, 01:37 AM
I created 4 ddifferent slideshows for mine, Sarah. But once again... I use Blogger, not typepad. I just copied the code and added it into the HTML for my template. I'm sorry - but I have no clue if that will work for you for typepad...

SarahJ
05-04-2006, 09:32 PM
any typepad users that can help me out? i have tried everything i can think of :)

ChristineS
05-05-2006, 12:20 AM
sarah, what's happening when you try to paste in the slide code? I see you have lots of links in your bars. Maybe your slide is just too big. I changed the view on my mine (disclaimer - I am on blogger) to just show one piccy at a time. I did this after logging in to slide and then went to edit an existing show. I needed to size it down a bit -- I wrote down the original height and width and then used a calculator to get something like 75% of those of both. You can see what I mean -- follow my siggy line, maybe this will give some ideas even tho we're not in the same format

noralong
05-05-2006, 02:29 AM
I have typepad, and there are some things I am not crazy about. For one, if I embed anything, like music, a DirectX pop comes up every time the page loads. Drives me nuts.

The only other thing I have to say is that while these sliders are kind of cool looking, they always go too fast for my eyes, and that is if I try to look. Most of the time if there is a slider, I scroll by quickly so it is out of frame. That means I miss a lot of stuff, but the sliders make me woozey if I am not looking directly at them. Of course that isn't to say I will never put one on my blog, but I doubt if I will.

Zebette
05-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this..it is so fun! I now have several of my LO's on a slideshow.
So glad I decided to come out of lurkerdom and start posting..now to just to figure out setting up my signatures and such!

SarahJ
05-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Christine, yours is kind of what i am going for. when i put it in...have tried as a note list and as something else...i get nothing. i think that i took them all out so that's why you can't see anything. the heading i give it shows up on the side bar but not the slideshow itself. i *think* mine was 200x200.

sarah, what's happening when you try to paste in the slide code? I see you have lots of links in your bars. Maybe your slide is just too big. I changed the view on my mine (disclaimer - I am on blogger) to just show one piccy at a time. I did this after logging in to slide and then went to edit an existing show. I needed to size it down a bit -- I wrote down the original height and width and then used a calculator to get something like 75% of those of both. You can see what I mean -- follow my siggy line, maybe this will give some ideas even tho we're not in the same format

ChristineS
05-05-2006, 12:19 PM
ack, wish I could help you more Sarah!!!!!!

SarahJ
05-05-2006, 06:47 PM
no problem :) i've moved on to worrying about more important things LOL thanks to all who tried to help!