PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop Elements Contest

AmyJo
05-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Tampa, FL, April 27, 2006 --(PR.COM)-- For thousands of digital scrapbookers looking to show off their creative work, the newly launched “2006 Scrappy Awards” design contest sponsored by Photoshop Elements Techniques newsletter, is the event of the year to enter. The “2006 Scrappy Awards” (www.photoshopelementsuser.com/scrappyawards) is the first scrapbook design contest held exclusively for Photoshop® Elements users offering over $10,000 in sponsor prizes from industry giants like Adobe®, Wacom®, B+H Photo-Video-Audio, ColorVision, iStockphoto®, Peachpit Press, and more.

“This is an excellent opportunity for digital scrapbookers to showcase their best work and hopefully win some of the most cutting-edge tools out there,” said Matt Kloskowski, editor-in-chief of Photoshop Elements Techniques. “Then the winners can use those tools to create more funky and fantastic scrapbook designs.”

The “2006 Scrappy Awards” contest is free to enter. Entrants may submit a single digital scrapbook page created in Photoshop Elements in any of ten categories: Sports, Holiday, Patriotic, Wedding, Graduation, Family, Love/Romance, Travel, Baby, and Pet. Although digital scrapbookers may enter multiple categories, they may only submit one page design per category. 10 winners will be selected – one from each category – and awarded a prize package worth approximately $800. In addition, one Best of Show winner will be awarded a prize package worth approximately $2600. Each winning design will be published in Photoshop Elements Techniques newsletter and on its companion website.

The deadline for entries is 12:00 midnight EST, June 30, 2006. Winners will be announced September 8, 2006 on (www.photoshopelementsuser.com). Official contest rules and entry information are available at (www.photoshopelementsuser.com/scrappyawards).

About the Organizer of the Scrappy Awards, Photoshop Elements Techniques
Photoshop Elements Techniques newsletter is published eight times a year by the same creative team that produces Photoshop User and Layers magazines. Along with its companion website, (www.photoshopelementsuser.com), Photoshop Elements Techniques newsletter teaches digital photographers, scrapbookers, and hobbyists how easy it is to edit, color correct, and enhance their digital photos using Adobe Photoshop Elements software.

More info and the link I have copied and pasted from here:
http://www.pr.com/press-release/9881

Vania16
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
This sounds like a great contest! The prizes are fantastic :)

d2vasquez
05-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Already picking out my stuff for this.....

Laura_A
05-02-2006, 05:09 PM
WOW! How cool. I may have to instal a trial version of Elements just so I can enter. lOL

AmyJo
05-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Dang - I never even thought of that...you're smart Laura!!

LauraBelle
05-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Forgive me, i havne't submitted much and i just want to make sure i understand the requirements, and i figured if anyone could help clarify it would be you chicks. :teeth_smi

"All photographs, illustrations, images and graphics must be your original, uncopyrighted work; if the work has been copyrighted, you must be the sole copyright owner. You may be asked to submit proof of your image, including the original, unmodified file with all EXIF data intact."

I'm guessing this means it must be your own designs?

"A copy of your original, layered (.psd) hi-res files must be flattened and proportionately resized to meet competition requirements."

And does this mean your LO should be saved as a .jpeg to submit?

Nonnie917
05-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Hey Amy, do you have to do journaling with those LOs. Never entered a contest before and there is a LO I would like to submit in the Family category.

Nonnie917
05-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Don't you DARE! Because you'll win. You always win because you are so talented. If you win and you already have whatever it is you win, you can SEND it to me, YO MAMA! :teeth_smi

WOW! How cool. I may have to instal a trial version of Elements just so I can enter. lOL

nbeaudreau
05-09-2006, 03:49 PM
LauraBelle, this is from the website. HTH!

**Photoshop Elements Techniques (KW Media Group, Inc.) assumes all entries are original Adobe Photoshop Elements creations and are the works and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein. Photoshop Elements Techniques (KW Media Group, Inc.) is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant. Modifying, enhancing, or altering someone else's existing artwork does not qualify as an original creation. However, stock photography may be used and modified in your entries. 3rd party plug-ins and scrapbooking elements (digital buttons, papers, ribbons, etc.) and other applications may be used to create your artwork pieces, but the primary tool for the creation of your scrapbook page entry must be Adobe Photoshop Elements. Entries must not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any personal or proprietary rights of any third party

-------

If you go to the website (http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/scrappyawards/) under the "Details" section it tells you how to resize your layout.

danieq
05-10-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm all over this one!