PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop 6.0

Leora
07-08-2005, 08:29 PM
I tried to use the tutorial in the resources section to learn how to journal in a given path, but it won't WORK! Is 6.0 just not a good enough program to all of the cool stuff that you other gals do? What am I doing wrong?? I can figure it out to the path but when I go to click in the "area" to add text, the text just won't stay in the shape!

TIA for you help!!!

holly
07-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Nope - it won't work with it....as far as I know, CS is the only one so far.

Leora
07-09-2005, 04:23 PM
thanks Holly...I guess I need to upgrade!!!

happyrobyn
07-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi Leora!

I started out with Photoshop 5.0 and then upgraded to 5.5 and loved it (but this was BEFORE I digiscrapped). When 6.0 came out, I upgraded but then went back to 5.5 because I HATED it. The text stuff was NOT user-friendly in 6.0. So then I started digiscrapping with 5.5 and found I couldn't use it. It didn't even open .png files right ... gave them an ugly white background instead of transparent. So I upgraded to 7.0 and I liked it really well. But when I heard that one of the new features of CS was text on a path, I HAD to have it. And I LOVE CS!!! I'm afraid to read about what CS2 can do because I'm not ready to upgrade. But really the only PS I haven't liked was 6.0.

Hope this helps a little. :)

~~Andie~~
07-28-2005, 08:06 AM
update! You will love CS!!!

NancyS
08-01-2005, 05:14 AM
I had only used PS v.6 for a long time, and just upgraded to CS2 about 2 weeks ago. I am just loving it. So far, the text on a path or in a shape has become a favorite feature, as well as the improvements for brushes. I know any version newer that 6 was pretty good about brushes, but I am just thrilled to be able to move in that direction. I'm gonna to add some custom menu features as soon as I know which ones I want to have as prominent.

Oh and I think contact sheets are much improved also. Oh and the new Bridge = great for organizing.

MarshaZepeda
08-01-2005, 11:44 AM
For anyone 'considering' the upgrade... DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!! Totally worth the money! :D I promise you - you will NOT regret it! ;)

happyrobyn
08-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Marsha, I have CS. Is CS2 a lot better? What can it do that CS can't?

MarshaZepeda
08-02-2005, 10:58 AM
One big thing that everyone keeps talking about is the vanishing points option. (One that I haven't looked into yet - I don't even know what a vanishing point is, lol!) Check out this review... maybe it will help you make a decision... :)

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/PhotoshopCS2.htm

happyrobyn
08-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the info Marsha! I may just hold off. I haven't even figured out all of the CS new options. By the time I do, there will be another new one out!!!

happyrobyn
08-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh wait!! I think I just changed my mind with the WYSIWYG font preview!!! I have been wanting that in PS forever!!!!

MarshaZepeda
08-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I'm LOVING that new feature! :)