PDA

View Full Version : NEW jan crowley CT call....

thequeenofquirk
06-13-2006, 03:49 AM
hey all!! well, hmmm...how do i say this without completely embarrassing myself? well....there's just no way! LOL! i have officially decided to NOT have a contest for my CT call....apparently this was the worst decision i have made in a while and i am definitely NOT a popular choice for CT membership ::insert extremely sad teary-eyed face here::

SO, i have decided to just have an open call. thanks to all of you who applied so far. i'm just afraid it's not enough for a contest. :( i have your apps and i will email you just in case you don't see this here. thanks to all who DID apply! :)

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/data/726/ctcall1.jpg

InLoveWithDOTS
06-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Are you serious????????????? No way, I just dont believe that............

noralong
06-13-2006, 05:45 AM
Well Jaaaaannnn, how can that be? I'll bet it is a combination of a couple things. But my first guess is that many who would like to be on your team (who wouldn't?) just either weren't aware you were looking, or didn't think they would make it on your team! Come on! You are so sweet and cute, and your kits are fab! You will probably get more applicants than you know what to do with now!

thequeenofquirk
06-13-2006, 06:53 AM
hahahhahahaha!
you girls are too sweet! thank you so much...but unfortunately, it's true. i don't even have enough apps to make the initial 20 for my contest...so i'm off to pull the old thread down...i think i may have to get down on my knees and beg! LOL! :)

Kathy Moore
06-13-2006, 08:02 AM
I'm surprised, too, Jan! I wish I had more time to scrap, I'd apply! As it is, I do well to scrap with my own stuff...but still, I'm shocked that you didn't have more applicants. Your stuff is great! Don't let it get you down, k?

leah81
06-13-2006, 08:26 AM
No sad teary face, you are a very popular choice! PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR DESIGNS!

Ok, I'll stop being a fan girl groupie for a second. Don't be sad. Perhaps it is that people are a little intemidated by the thought of battling it out for a spot on a team, and perhaps that kept people from applying.

Charla
06-13-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm shocked!! I would have thought you'd have way more than you could handle!!

Hmmmmm ;)

Valgal
06-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Jan, I'm really surprised! BTW, what is your deadline?

Angela
06-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Holy crap!!!

Dude, if I had enough hours in the day, I'd SOOOOOOOOOO apply. However, my rear end is trying to become a permanent addition to this computer chair...I LOVE your stuff girlie!

Charla
06-13-2006, 09:38 AM
I can't believe it...I applied!! Never thought I'd be brave enough to do that!

This is going to be a loooooooooooooong week!!!:retarded:

mamakimberly
06-13-2006, 09:45 AM
I applied! I wanted to apply earlier but I will be out of town during your contest time!! So now I can still apply! And I am HAPPY!!!! :)

Pick me, love me, choose me!!! LOL! (if you're not a grey's anatomy fan I am not a stalker!! That's a line from the show) Oh, but I'm not as cute as Ellen Pompeo or Patrick Dempsey, sorry!!

d2vasquez
06-13-2006, 10:41 AM
:) Awwww Jan - we love ya! I would apply but I am happily already on it! hehehe......love your stuff and you are awesome to work with. You will find some great girls to work with....I am sure of it!

aggietha
06-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Honestly Jan, I wouldve applied but I missed your call! Just gave birth and struggling with a newborn so there...LOVE love your designs :D When's the deadline for your new call?

tamra
06-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Oh Jan, don't be sad. It's hard not to take things personally, I know- I am way too sensitive of a person- but seriously your stuff is awesome! I am sure that ANYONE would love to be on your CT. I am POSITIVE that the only reason that you didn't have more was because: either everyone thought that SO MANY people were going to apply they wouldn't have a chance, OR they are like me and scared to apply. (Like I said before, I am really sensitive and I do take things personally. ya know- "They don't like my LOs! I stink!" :cry_smile ) It would be hard for me if I didn't get picked, so I don't apply! Good luck with the contest. Don't be sad - your a GREAT designer!!!

scrapsandsass
06-13-2006, 12:23 PM
How crazy! I totally didn't try to apply because I figured there would be soooooo many people it would be complete insanity. That's probably what other people were thinking too!

thequeenofquirk
06-13-2006, 02:06 PM
aw..... :sniff sniff:
thanks so much, girls! i really appreciate all the nice things you all said. seriously, i was sooo bummed, but i just need to get over it! LOL!
the new call ends friday (it's on the call ad) and i would really love to see your applications! i only want to add 5 girls, but ya never know...i could add 10! LOL! :)
thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Charla
06-13-2006, 02:09 PM
so how long after that do we need to wait (on pins and needles) for the announcement??

Man, I should have taken more time to think about it. It's gonna be a looooong week.

d2vasquez
06-13-2006, 02:15 PM
:) Charlene you make me smile.......but good question!

jencaputo
06-13-2006, 02:19 PM
well i've been in from the start and I still am!!! So.. another week of waiting! Hope you get lots more applicants (not really though.. heheh i want to win!!!)
Hugs and smiliey faces :)

thequeenofquirk
06-13-2006, 02:35 PM
hahahaha! jen, you crack me up! :)

hopefully i will have the decision on saturday. i hate to wait and i hate keeping people waiting! LOL! :)

~Shawna~
06-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Oh Jan, don't be sad. It's hard not to take things personally, I know- I am way too sensitive of a person- but seriously your stuff is awesome! I am sure that ANYONE would love to be on your CT. I am POSITIVE that the only reason that you didn't have more was because: either everyone thought that SO MANY people were going to apply they wouldn't have a chance, OR they are like me and scared to apply. (Like I said before, I am really sensitive and I do take things personally. ya know- "They don't like my LOs! I stink!" :cry_smile ) It would be hard for me if I didn't get picked, so I don't apply! Good luck with the contest. Don't be sad - your a GREAT designer!!!
I am exactly like Tamra! I just don't handle rejection too well I guess. I thought about applying when I saw your first call announcement. But I was bummed for days when I didn't get chosen for Laura's team or the few other teams I've applied for. But I'm sure you'll have lots of great applicants Jan! Your designs are great! Good luck!

midgetprincess79
06-13-2006, 02:49 PM
aw..... :sniff sniff:
thanks so much, girls! i really appreciate all the nice things you all said. seriously, i was sooo bummed, but i just need to get over it! LOL!
the new call ends friday (it's on the call ad) and i would really love to see your applications! i only want to add 5 girls, but ya never know...i could add 10! LOL! :)
thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I am glad you reposted this because I TOTALLY missed (not that I have a shot but I am going to apply anyway...LOL)! I love your stuff!

lindsayanne84
06-13-2006, 03:17 PM
I applied - I just can't wait to find out if I get to be part of it!

Smiles,

thequeenofquirk
06-13-2006, 03:37 PM
you girls are way too sweet!
and, shawna, trust me- i HATE rejection and i take things very personally, too. and i know how it feels to be rejected. i was turned down for SEVEN ct's before i started designing. things always turn out in the end and i really do hope you're not bummed anymore, girl!
choosing is the hardest part for me and trust me, i will be totally agonizing over it for weeks after it's done.

Charla
06-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Awwww, Jan, that's so sad (that you'll be agonizing afterwards). I'm shocked that I decided to do it...I don't handle rejection well either (did you SEE me after I got the boot in the Ultimate Scrapper contest??)
So hopefully I'll remember how exciting it is to TRY, and not focus on the possibility of rejection...
And thanks in advance for making your decision so quickly!!! :)

chloe
06-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey Jan, I'm sure it's not because you're not good at designing, but because you're too good at it! I immediately thought there would be waaaaayyyyy too many talented ladies to let me hope for more than one second!

Plus I'm not sure if I can have enought time to be totally dedicated and give your great work the great support it deserves. How many LOs do your CT members have to do each month or week approximately? I wouldn't like to submit and then (if I ever get picked, which I hardly doubt! LOL) disappoint you! That would be much worse for me than not being picked!! TIA for your answer!

lovesher2boys
06-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Oh my!! I applied!!! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! Your work is beyond amazing, Jan! I can't believe you weren't overwhelmed with applicants the first time around!
Must've been the contest aspect of it. Either that or because you ARE so good lots of people thought they didn't have a snowball's chance in...LOL (that's what kept me away!)

And I definitely thank you for the anticipated quick decision!

InLoveWithDOTS
06-13-2006, 04:16 PM
See Jan? I knew it wasn't true... I knew you were loved, girl!

~Shawna~
06-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Jan I can't imagine anyone turning you down 7 times, now your gallery is awesome girl! And no I'm not bummed anymore LOL! Although I think the open calls are easier because mostly the designer is the only one who knows you've applied. But with the contest type call once you make it into the 1st round everyone knows it & if you don't make it into the 2nd round everyone knows it again! That type of rejection is the hardest to me! Now you'll have tons of apps I'm sure!

Jennilyn
06-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I still can't believe there wasn't enough applicants to do the contest. As was said before, it's probably because peoplpe don't like putting themselves out there and shown to the world that they were rejected. I myself like to have fun scrapping so if someone doesn't like my style, oh well! So be it! I love contests! :) I was in at the beginning and I'll be there till the end! :)

andrea c.
06-13-2006, 05:20 PM
I don't even remember ever seeing a call for a contest for you Jan but I honestly find it hard to believe that TONS of people weren't rushing to your e-mail with applications. You are a FAB designer and I'm sure after this thread you'll be overwhelmed with applicants :)

thequeenofquirk
06-13-2006, 06:06 PM
hey girlies! :)

chloe-i ask 2 layouts per kit :) i started out having a deadline (my current girls are prolly laughing at me right now!) but i totally let it go. they are all so awesome that i would never want to pressure them or rush them. :)

julie! you're so funny! i love ALL snowballs equally! they ALL have a chance in MY h**l! hee hee

shawna, it's totally true! i really was turned down 7 times! :( and i totally know about 'putting yourself out there'. it's tough and the competition is fierce! but all i really want to do is add some fun gals to my fab group of friends.

rachael, i love ya girly! ((((HUGS))))

andrea, thanks so much! :) that really means a lot to me!

you girls are seriously the best! this is why i love this place so much! if ever anyone is down for any reason, you are all there to shed some optimistic light on them! THANK YOU!!! :D

Laura_A
06-13-2006, 06:07 PM
I have a feeling that, with summer here, people are planning on spending a little less time away from their computers. And maybe you were right about the whole contest thing... some might be too intimidated to apply if they think they have to scap it out for a spot.

BUT, if I hear any more "I suck" stuff coming from you girl.. am I gonna have to punch a chick? heehee

thequeenofquirk
06-13-2006, 06:10 PM
OMG!!!! well, alright...that settles it...i don't suck :D

tamra
06-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Laura, you're funny! Jan, you're right - you don't suck!

Charla
06-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Good girl, Jan :D

I agree, though...a challenge certainly scares me!! :D

Angelbq
06-13-2006, 06:55 PM
hi jan, I love your stuff, but just battling with joining CT's because of time management issues, but I would always consider buying your stuff. have 3 already in the bag, and I just love your new kit.

ronee
06-13-2006, 07:19 PM
I had no idea you had a call out! I was just looking at your stuff a couple of days ago thinking what a fun time it would be to be on your CT. My app is coming your way!

anotherbyte
06-13-2006, 07:51 PM
I want to apply and play in your contst... I am fairly new to this site- but love to be a part of it

maybeyousee
06-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Hey, your stuff rocks - I really didn't know about your call. I'm off to apply!

lovesher2boys
06-13-2006, 08:39 PM
No no no! Now that Jan knows and has admitted that she doesn't suck, no more applicants!! I want this job and the more of you that apply, the worse my odds are! :)

jencaputo
06-13-2006, 08:59 PM
agreed Julie! Jan, come on.. delete this post now.. hehhee no more applicants!! :) jk, you know i want you to have the best team ever.. i just want to be part of it really really really bad!!!!

DragonFly
06-14-2006, 08:24 AM
I am so glad I came in and checked back to the 2nd page of "new posts"....=)

I applied from the beginning too and will be to the end. I was actually quite suprised wiht myself when I didn't make the top 10 with Laura A (so excited I made the top 20...it surprised me). I usually dont handle "rejection" well either but this time it was ok...=P

And ditto to NO MORE applications...I want this job too....lol...=P

Good Luck Ladies...I can't wait for Saturday!!!

sinead
06-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Glad to see that you're getting the love that you deserve!! Wish I had more free time...I'd so be there, too!

AbbysMomma
06-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi, Jan. Honestly...I never saw your original call for the contest or I'd have applied straight from the start. Your designs are lovely! Sent my app to you yesterday...can't wait to see what happens!!!! *smiles* Tara

pbumbaca
06-14-2006, 02:30 PM
No way Jan, I am agreed that people were just unaware. Me I was on the hating rejection part. I too love your stuff but so hate the rejections that I have decided to just have fun with my scrapping, paper and digi and not stress over anything else. I knwo you will get some awesome designers!

lyndsaymel
06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
can newbie's try and join?

thequeenofquirk
06-14-2006, 04:19 PM
wow, girls!! you really are so amazing! and of course anyone can try! :) this is going to be the hardest decision ever! i don't know how i'm going to decide!! you are all so sweet and wonderful and so freakin talented!!! WAAHH!! why did i start this thread!?!?! :(

DragonFly
06-14-2006, 04:30 PM
You needed a boast Jan just like everyone does sometimes...=)

Hugs!

cherpea
06-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Well apart from only finding out today, I would probably not have entered simply because as a really raw newbie digi scrapper I wouldn't be considered.

Okay so maybe thats not the case here but if you could stand a newbie digi scrapper I would put my hand up to try out!

DragonFly
06-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Jan posted a few posts back that newbies are welcome to apply...Send in your info you'll never know til you try.

Good Luck!

just terra
06-15-2006, 01:28 PM
JAN!!! what did you do??? LOOK at this post!!!!

why do i have a feeling you are going to end up letting EVERYONE on the team??? cause you are so sweet like that!!!

i would totally apply but -oh yeah - i get to be a janny-fanclubmember already!!!

SO excited to see who gets to join us!!!

you gotta believe in yourself jan! look at alllllll these people who DO believe in you and your awesome stuffs!!!

good luck to everyone who applied!

terra

lovesher2boys
06-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Terra! There you are!!!
Look at all your blinkies girl! I never knew you were on 5 freaking CTs!! No wonder you have no time to breathe!

busyizzie
06-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Jan I was shocked when I read the first post and now there are 6 pages of people who are interested. I think you are WONDERFUL, I just never saw your call.

I'm sure I'll be bummed when you pick your team if I don't make it, but it helped when you opened up and said you tried out for 7. I'm fairly new to Digi sbing, and yes, I'm totally intimidated by some of the big names that will be trying out, but if I didn't go for your creative team then I'd probably kick myself even more for not even trying, because I totally love your stuff!

Can't wait to hear which totally fabo girls make your team!

Paula
06-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Well, I'm a newbie too, but I applied. It never hurts to apply.

Jan, your stuff is AWESOME!!! So, don't beat yourself up at the lack of interest the first time, look at all the interest now. =))

thequeenofquirk
06-16-2006, 02:15 AM
wow, ladies! thank you so much!! i just wanna give each and every one of you a hug! i am continually amazed at the kindness of the chicks on this site! you all are wonderful!!!

Tara18
06-16-2006, 07:38 PM
cant wait to hear who makes the team!

jencaputo
06-16-2006, 09:15 PM
me either!!! so when do we hear?!?! :)

leah81
06-16-2006, 09:26 PM
I made my husband's father's day card (http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/20812/cat/500/ppuser/7510) with the hip cat kit, it looks so cute! Thanks for the opportunity Jan.

d2vasquez
06-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Wow Jan - look at all of this! How exciting huh??? Like Jan I have had plenty of rejection until Laura stopped that streak and then Jan......keep trying girls if you don't make it.....there are lots of opportunities that always open up every day! Good luck to you all!

Valgal
06-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Did I miss the announcement?

leah81
06-16-2006, 10:17 PM
nope, I wasjust thanking her for the opportunity to apply, I love it when designers put out calls... I get all giddy, but I think it's because I'm kinda' new.

tamra
06-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Good luck to all who applied, & good luck to Jan who has to choose!

mamakimberly
06-17-2006, 12:19 AM
yes, good luck to all!

:) *fingers crossed*

lovesher2boys
06-17-2006, 12:26 AM
I wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonight! I can't wait for the announcement tomorrow!

mamakimberly
06-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Isn't it tomorrow in Germany already??

lovesher2boys
06-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Yeah!! Wakey Wakey, Jan!! It's 6:30am there!! Get up and tell us your choices! LOL

mamakimberly
06-17-2006, 12:37 AM
*pours a cuppajoe for Jan*

wakey wakey, eggs, and bac-ey!!

leah81
06-17-2006, 12:50 AM
LOL! Kimberly you crack me up!

mamakimberly
06-17-2006, 12:50 AM
at least I'm good for somethin'!!

lovesher2boys
06-17-2006, 01:06 AM
Hey, I'm up for some eggs and bacon! Do you deliver too?

mamakimberly
06-17-2006, 01:08 AM
well, I am driving to Mississippi in about 8 hours, are you on the way?? LOL!

lovesher2boys
06-17-2006, 01:11 AM
Eh...nope! Wrong direction! I'm in SoCal!
Oh well...guess I'm have to bribe DH into making me some in the morning! LOL

andrea c.
06-17-2006, 05:05 AM
Can't wait to see Jan's choices, this thread pulled out so many amazing and talented people that I know she'll get a fabulous team from it :)

leah81
06-17-2006, 08:57 AM
I live in MIssissippi! Come and visit me!

mamakimberly
06-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Jan's blog says she sent emails to the lucky girls!

So let us know if you got one!!

I didn't so I will say CONGRATS to those who did!!! :) I know that must have been a HARD decision!

mamakimberly
06-17-2006, 08:59 AM
I live in MIssissippi! Come and visit me!

Where in MS?

leah81
06-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Tupelo! It's out of your way, but it's lots of fun (ok, I'm totally hyping that up) I know a place where you can get a fantastic snowcone and a really good rueben!

BTW - SUPER HAPPY DANCE going on here! *happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy*

Charla
06-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Congrats Leah! Nope, none here.

Jennilyn
06-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Congratulations Leah! None here either. :(

jencaputo
06-17-2006, 10:35 AM
i guess I'm happy number two then :) yay!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you too Leah!

d2vasquez
06-17-2006, 10:40 AM
congrats Leah and Jen - can't wait to see who else is coming aboard....and congrats to everyone you guys are very talented......

leah81
06-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Yay, congrats Jen! :) Thanks Darla!

lovesher2boys
06-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Congrats to you two!!
So far no email for me though-darn!
Can't wait to see who else makes it in!

AngelinaS
06-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Happy dancing here in Western PA, too! :D

Congrats, Leah and Jen!!!

Angelina

midgetprincess79
06-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Congrats ladies!

jencaputo
06-17-2006, 01:07 PM
welcome to the gang Angelina!!!!!!!!!

Charla
06-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Congratulations, Jen and Angelina! I'm so excited for you :D

leah81
06-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Yay Angelina! :)

JennStar
06-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Whew-hoo!! I just got my email!! So excited to join this great team!!!

andrea c.
06-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Congrats to all of you that made it on the team!! Jan is goiong to have an incredible team with all that talent!!!

jencaputo
06-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Yay Jenn!! Congrats girl! uh-oh... here we go with all the Jen's again.. heheh deja vu!

AngelinaS
06-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Congrats, Jenn!!! Now, to keep the double-n versus the one N straight.... lol!

:D

thequeenofquirk
06-17-2006, 05:20 PM
LOL!! you gals beat me to the punch!! hee hee! ;)

lovesher2boys
06-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Whoo hoo!! I made it! I made it!! I swear, I hit send/receive all day, then I leave for an hour and come home to an email from Jan!! I'm doing the happy dance, baby!!!

jencaputo
06-17-2006, 06:25 PM
yay!! congrats Julie!!!