PDA

View Full Version : What's your font of the moment?

holly
07-09-2005, 10:27 PM
I know I go through fonts and just use the heck out of them in spurts. Not sure what my favorite is right now but I am loving more simple arial type fonts lately.

paula_duncan
07-09-2005, 10:29 PM
I think my favorite right now is Astistamp Medium.

~~Andie~~
07-09-2005, 10:31 PM
i'm not sure maybe "rub this"

KimMauch
07-10-2005, 02:56 AM
Georgia (oldie, but goodie), or eurofurence. Still stuck on pharmacy, too.

VictoriasMom04
07-10-2005, 03:17 AM
CK Cursive, I seem to use that a lot. I love the look of it. I like Kayleigh a lot for journaling.

KimMauch
07-10-2005, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, Shanna. Just downloaded Kayleigh! Cute font!

Kim

andreavictoria
07-10-2005, 03:56 AM
Century Gothic always makes appearance in my LOs, lol! But I also love, Carpenter and Eurofurence.

three-cowboys
07-10-2005, 05:05 AM
I love love love Saturday Sans ICG. I'm such a dork. I've totally overused it, but it's so simple, and it works practically 99% of the time.

I think it's time to find something else...

Actually, Interstate is great too! Love sans serif. :)

ljbarden
07-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Garamond. I think people might die of shock if I don't use it somewhere in every single LO. ;)

And I'm totally hooked on Porcelain, the swirls are just divine.

suzy
07-10-2005, 10:48 AM
I can't go past journalling hand for journalling. Otherwise I use verdana. My other fav is carpenter.

Ms. Scrappy Pants
07-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Century gothic is a nice boring font I like to overuse!! Arial too. I was also lateon the pharmacy bandwagon, so feel I have a good excuse for still being stuck in that phase, right?

Finally, I think it's called Harrison, that's the "new" one that I really like!

Kat Stokes
07-10-2005, 12:55 PM
I love Garamond too but I can't seem to stop using Will&Grace and I know everyone is probably sick of it but I love it!

c_lyle
07-10-2005, 02:02 PM
My current "fav" is Will & Grace found at www.dafont.com. I also really like Selfish found at www.misprintedtype.com.

VictoriasMom04
07-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, Shanna. Just downloaded Kayleigh! Cute font!

Kim

No problem! Glad I could help! You'll find it in a lot of my layouts. I really like it.

SimplySara
07-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Oh man! I'm sucha font addict it's hard to choose. I love grungy erroded type and then elegant handwritten fonts. I just recently found this font called ChocolateBox. It's awesome for titles! I also love petrascriptEF. And Rock It is getting up there for me too.

Just too many to choose! Going to look up Eurofurence now, never used it.

Thanks girls!

Leora
07-10-2005, 05:06 PM
My current "fav" is Will & Grace found at www.dafont.com. I also really like Selfish found at www.misprintedtype.com.

thank-you thank-you thank-you for the links! I ave been wanting the CK Chemistry font FOREVER but have I am too cheap to purchase it and the Will amd Grace font is JUST LIKE IT!!! and that other site (misprinted type) has the COOLEST fonts I have ever seen!!!! I downloaded ALL of the freeware...thanks SO MUCH!

As for my faves...I LOVE impact (they are just like the SEI SO BOld stickers) and I use garamond and carpenter quite a bit, too!

Anyone know where to get a free font similar to the one that Holly uses here on the site (I believe it is from Autumn leaves)???

Laura_A
07-10-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm still a little "Pharmacy" crazy and I LOVE CK Cursive. I'm always on the lookout for a great 'stamped' looking font, so Adler is a fave. I think for journaling I really like Cluff HMK and Black Jack. I really need to spread my wings in the font dept. LOL

thequeenofquirk
07-10-2005, 06:13 PM
well, i have TONS of fonts but i always seem to go back to my staples....

carpenter, porcelain, downcome, 1942 report

thanks for all the other font info! i am gonna go check it out right now!

**MUST BUY FONTS***

holly
07-10-2005, 06:15 PM
WOW! I'm getting some good ones off this post!

thequeenofquirk
07-10-2005, 06:19 PM
hey holly, would you mind sharing the one on your avatar? i have never seen it before you started using it. it is LOVERLY!!

scraprascal
07-10-2005, 06:52 PM
I love fonts...but I'm sooooo particular, that's the hardest parts of a Layout for me, probably change it up fifty times before I'm happy! You guys have pointed me to some great ones, so glad I the TFT to be able to browse them!! My favorites right now are BabelSans for a nice sans and one called Roddy, a really cool handwriting font. Both free, and downloadable at all the aforementioned sites! Great thread!

SimplySara
07-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Just couldn't help posting this link. Here is one of my fave font sites, that I know a lot of people don't know about. It's where I found ChocolateBox. They have some of the usual fonts, but also some new ones.

http://slap.her.free.fr/fontcandy/

Enjoy!

Sara

ScrapHappyME!
07-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Oh wow - I love fonts! I've actually been using Century Gothic and Times New Roman a lot lately - trying to keep it simple.

BUT, I do love my 2Peas Red Dog - I find it works 95% of the time for me. I also love Rub This!, Crack Babies (I HATE hat name though) and a new favorite...XBAND Rough.

EDIT: Sara- thanks for the cool link!!

SAHMom
07-10-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm totally over-using Century Gothic... just so nice, neat, and clean!!
I like pairing it up with either Carpenter or Lainie Day.
And journaling I love using Roddy.

I'm planning on buying Inspiration... so will probably be over-using that next.. ;)

c_lyle
07-10-2005, 11:00 PM
thank-you thank-you thank-you for the links!

No probem, Leora!

MelissaL88
07-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Ooh...new fonts for my list! I love fonts! My most recent favorites:

Monika
BoyzRGross
Kindergarten
Bottled Fart
Dirty Ego
Stamp Act ( and Stamp Act Jumbled)
2Peas Goofball

SimplySara
07-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Oh I love this thread!

LOL! Bottle Fart font? OMGoodness. That made me smile. I once found this font site where all the fonts are like butt jokes. I didn't really like the fonts so much, but their names made me laugh.

Here's the link.

http://www.buttfaces.com/

Please forgive the "potty" humor!
Sara

HeidiD
07-11-2005, 02:11 AM
I really like Pharmacy and 2Peas Fat Frog. :)

Tanya
07-11-2005, 03:10 AM
right now I'm in love with Taurus Heavy

MarshaZepeda
07-11-2005, 07:05 AM
hey holly, would you mind sharing the one on your avatar? i have never seen it before you started using it. it is LOVERLY!!

Holly's av font *looks* a lot like mamma gamma... (am I right?) ;) lol...

The font that I've been using a LOT lately is migraine serif... I can't help it!

CraftTeaLady
07-11-2005, 10:19 AM
I love CAC One Seventy for print and Black Jack for cursive.

I think I got both of them at Typadelic fonts.

holly
07-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Nope - my newest favorite Coolvetica!

Heather
07-11-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm loving this thread. I have purchased most of the CK fonts, but I find I rarely use them. I like the good old classic fonts right now, and a few others that I always come back to. These are my favorites right now:

Century Gothic
Times New Roman
Blue Highway (looks like Interstate)
Roddy
LainieDay
PetraScript
Emmascript
Stampact

laurakj
07-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Ok favorite fonts...

Base 02
Pharmacy
Will&Grace
Depressionist Three
Beyond Wonderland
AL Sandra
AL Handcrafted
American Writer
Chinacat
Jot

Just to name a few :D

paula_duncan
07-11-2005, 03:22 PM
I checked out buttfaces.com and you are right about the names they are hilarious....however there are a couple of the fonts I do like.

Vania16
07-11-2005, 03:31 PM
I see lots of fonts I love here and some new ones to check out. My most recent discovery is "An Unfortunate Event" - love it :)

paula_duncan
07-11-2005, 03:32 PM
I like that one too. The movie is pretty good too...lol

moischka0595
07-12-2005, 08:14 PM
My favorites are AL Sandra, I looooove that one! Also CAC Shishoni Brush is really great.

Those are the ones I like to use and the ones I think are pretty to look at, but I find myself using Arial or Dreamspeak or some really plain looking ones more and more for journaling. I used to be just all about handwriting fonts, but I just don't seem to use them as much as I did before.

Sara~ Thanks for the link I just found a BUNCH more fonts there! :-)

Catherine S
07-14-2005, 06:21 PM
This is fun...I'm going to have to spend some time checking out everyone's font recommendations.

I find myself using an assortment of fonts for my titles--loving the grunge look currently. I usually use 2Peas Tasklist on almost every page as well as Times Roman for my journaling.

whitandty
07-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Holly got me hooked on AL Sandra from her site....I also love Futura, Georgia, and Journaling Hand.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Whitney

sweetmindy
07-16-2005, 07:31 PM
I love 28 days later and Anson. Ok I have like a million fonts but I only use like 3 or 4 fonts.