PDA

View Full Version : Fading Edges

paula_duncan
07-09-2005, 10:44 PM
I have been trying to figure out for about an hour now how to make the edges of a photo I want to use fade out. I have tried blending, filters, and various tools. HELP.

paula_duncan
07-10-2005, 12:27 AM
No worries! I got it figured out. It's actually a lot easier than I though and was looking for some complicated out there way to get it done and all I had to dowas adjust the feathering. Thanx anyway though for anyone who may have been looking for me.

andreavictoria
07-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Paula--glad you were able to figure it out and help others out as well!

Leora
07-10-2005, 04:10 PM
wanna share??? pretty please? :) :) :) I am learning SO much and want to learn MORE so any little tip or technique you could share would be MUCH appreciated!!! :)

ScrapHappyME!
07-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Leora- I'm not sure what program you are in but in PS, you need to use your marquee tool. After it's selected (circle or rectangle), there will be a little box that should say 0px. Adjust that to something like 40 or 50px...the higher the number, the more feathering of the edges.

HTH!

paula_duncan
07-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Once you have adjusted your feathering you need to go to select on the menu bar and then click inverse. After that the outer box of you photo should be highlighted with a dotted line too. Note - you initial marquee should be inside the object you want to fade. Once you have inversed the objuect just hit the delete button and voila!

Leora
07-10-2005, 10:32 PM
thanks chicks!!! ;) I will be sure to give it a try!!!