PDA

View Full Version : Anyone trying for masters?

AngelinaS
06-19-2006, 08:17 PM
I know they've never had a digital Master before, but there's no time like the present!!! Plus, they've got all new staff that will be judging entries, AND the rules clearly state that they welcome digital entries (this year they even gave specific criteria for digital layouts).

SO, which ones of you fabulous chicks are going to give it a go?

I've been saving up my favorite layouts for the last two months, so I'd have a big stack to choose from when the time came. Who's with me???!!

AndreaBurns
06-19-2006, 08:19 PM
I thought about it for like 10 minutes... and now you're making me rethink it... Hmmm...

sinead
06-19-2006, 08:26 PM
I think Angela has been working on it--I know we talked about it a while back.

Tara18
06-19-2006, 08:46 PM
i hadnt heard about it till now...

MarshaZepeda
06-19-2006, 09:20 PM
I entered last year and it was a blast! Stressful, but fun nonetheless! lol! Out of my 5 entries, 2 have been pubbed! And Laura's main one was pubbed, too! Kim Mauch entered as well and I remember seeing one of hers in one of the mags, too....

Just a hint: if some of you are thinking about it, try making a SMALL group... we did that last year and it really, really helped! We made a yahoo group and we were each others support team and cheerleaders... :)

AmberC
06-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Cool!! I always think about it, but never enter anything. :)

sinead
06-19-2006, 10:48 PM
I remember seeing some info about it a while back--does anyone have the link? The deadline is coming up soon, isn't it?

tamra
06-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Sinead, I don't know if this will help or if it is even what ya'll are talking about - obviously I'm no master! http://www.designerdigitals.com/ddmsb/showthread.php?t=410 Good luck to every who decides to enter!

tamra
06-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Oh ya, that deadline is easy for me to remember cause it happens to be my birthday! ;)

sinead
06-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks, Tamra! I knew it was coming up soon!

Laura_A
06-20-2006, 05:28 AM
I entered last year and actually got my "Comfort & Joy" LO picked up for the 'Best of the Masters' issue. Hmm, what's the deadline... has it really been a year already?

We had a Yahoo group to help each other out and show LOs for opinions and such. Anyone entering care to do that again?

Valgal
06-20-2006, 08:07 AM
I am totally interested! Need to know the deadline of course because I have a lot going on over the next couple weeks. Is it soon?

maybeyousee
06-20-2006, 08:10 AM
hee hee - I'll leave that to my betters! Good luck to those who go for it - I would love to see a digital master! And I'm sure all of your stuff will be amazing!

sinead
06-20-2006, 08:56 AM
It's July 31, Hmmmm...can I pull my mojo together for 5 layouts between now and then (plus my commitments to TDC and Val and Mari and Marsha?). We'll see...lemme think about that one!

Valgal
06-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Well, take a break from me, of course. OR, you can use all my stuff and when you get picked I'll be famous! LMAO!

SADenney
06-20-2006, 09:29 AM
I had never heard of this....I think I would like to give it a try! I'm always up for a challenge or two!

Laura_A
06-20-2006, 10:29 AM
I had never heard of this....I think I would like to give it a try! I'm always up for a challenge or two!

It's the annual contest that Memory Makers Magazine has called Memory Makers Masters.

sinead
06-20-2006, 01:34 PM
lol Val! We'll see...I've got to check my mojo and see what I can come up with! hehehe

InLoveWithDOTS
06-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Hmmmmmm, I need to hunt these details down because it may be worth a try!

d2vasquez
06-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Peer pressure - what to do??? Honestly I might sit this out....I have a lot on my plate right now but the thought of making Val famous does appeal to me....have to think about it. :) hehe.....

InLoveWithDOTS
06-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Peer pressure - what to do??? Honestly I might sit this out....I have a lot on my plate right now but the thought of making Val famous does appeal to me....have to think about it. :) hehe.....
::CHANTING:: DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

sinead
06-20-2006, 09:51 PM
I think everybody should do it! lol I like the thoughts of making our DigiChick designers famous!

Actually, not sure if I will, though. Getting knocked out of UDS the first round smarted a bit. We'll see what the next week or two hold, I guess. :regular_s

d2vasquez
06-21-2006, 12:19 AM
LOL you guys are funny.....and great cheerleaders......maybe I will.....I will go look at that LONG list of what you need to do again....pretty daunting!

sinead
06-21-2006, 12:34 AM
awww, Darla, it's not THAT long! :tongwink:

RachelS
06-21-2006, 09:12 AM
yay! i want to see a digital master!!!!

AndreaBurns
06-24-2006, 10:58 AM
All the details are here too...

http://www.scrapartist.com/scrapforums/showthread.php?t=1611

And what's with the pressure? From what I read you can submit 4 LO's that you've already done (as long as they aren't in a gallery) , then all you have to do is create 1 more for the Celebrate Life theme, and fill out the form....

Who's in? I think I'm going for it!

sinead
06-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Hmmm...I usually post every layout I do as soon as I'm done with it. lol Doesn't everybody? :tongwink:

ronee
06-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Hmmm...I usually post every layout I do as soon as I'm done with it. lol Doesn't everybody? :tongwink:

I do! Now I'm thinking I should have held out on the last couple. LOL!

If anyone starts a yahoo group for feedback and support let me know! I'd love to do this and it would be great to do it with a group!

AngelinaS
06-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Being digital makes this SO much easier to enter imo. I entered last year as a paper scrapper and got one picked up. This time, instead of having to worry about how crappy the scans are of my layouts, I'll be able to just have them printed, send them off and YAY, not have to /really/ sacrifice the one layout that they want the "original" of, since in digi, there is no "original".

IMO, only having to have five layouts to send total is no big deal. Seriously, girls, you don't have to write an essay, you don't have to follow any complicated "assignments" like CK. Just send in four layouts that have never been in a gallery and your one "assignment" layout of "Celebrate Life". You can SO do this, girls!

I would love to have a little peeking group here. I have no clue about the Yahoo groups, and such. But, if any of you more experienced girls would like to start one up, please let me know! I have a huge stack of layouts I've been saving, and it would really help me to have another "eye" to help me narrow stuff down...Andrea??? You in?

(BTW: Would in not be the coolest thing ever to have TWO digi scrapper Masters from our one lil' town! :D )

Ange

AndreaBurns
06-24-2006, 03:37 PM
I hear ya Ange! ;)

BTW~ check the CT site... I've got a thread going!

2 LO's done, 3 to go!

Shelly
06-24-2006, 04:41 PM
I think I am gonna do it too! I wanna be published. I definitely would be interested in a yahoo group if anyone starts one.

AndreaBurns
06-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Here's my question....

Can I delete a LO from my gallery right now, if I want to enter that one?

sinead
06-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Hmmmm, Andrea. Here's what the rules on ScrapArtist say:

*No part of entry should be published or posted on any public domain Web site until contest winners are announced (September 12, 2006). This includes, but is not limited to, chatrooms, message boards and online galleries.

I know that for CK's HOF contest, the layouts had to have never been posted before--I assume the same would be true here. You could always pull your layout right now and email or call MM to for clarification.

TraceyLee
06-24-2006, 08:52 PM
so- is there a yahoo group? i'm not positive that i'll enter yet, it all depends on how my layouts turn out (lol).

sinead
06-24-2006, 08:55 PM
somebody PM me, too...I'm thinking seriously about it, but like Tracey, I have to see what I can come up with. Man, now I wish I hadn't posted a couple of the layouts I did this week!

sinead
06-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Seriously...I've got one layout that I like now and I'm really liking it. Can we start a group so that I can see if I'm just delusional? (I probably am...I'm a bit crazy and a LOT tired. I still think the layout is cute, though.) I just want to see what others think. :regular_s

ronee
06-24-2006, 11:24 PM
Okay, I'll start up a group tomorrow morning. I'll post the details back here. :)

TraceyLee
06-25-2006, 12:30 AM
Seriously...I've got one layout that I like now and I'm really liking it. Can we start a group so that I can see if I'm just delusional? (I probably am...I'm a bit crazy and a LOT tired. I still think the layout is cute, though.) I just want to see what others think. :regular_s

lol! i just finished one that i really like as well. :cyclops:

i want to share it- but darn it, if i'm going to do this, i can't share it.

sinead
06-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Cool Ronee! Thanks!

midgetprincess79
06-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Good luck to the ladies that decide to enter!

ronee
06-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Alright, I've set up a yahoo group for those that are interested. It is completely private and unlisted so that we don't infringe on any of the rules about posting them online, but of course everyone is welcome. E-mail me or PM me and I will send you an invite to join. Let's get some digichick gals to win this contest!

AngelinaS
06-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Ronee: You've got mail! :)

ronee
06-25-2006, 02:31 PM
I sent your invite Angelina. :) It should arrive soon!

AndreaBurns
06-25-2006, 04:43 PM
you've got mail!

Shelly
06-26-2006, 02:38 PM
You've got more mail! I just PM'd you through the board here.

AndreaBurns
06-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Update via their website~

Our address has changed. Please send all new entries to the new home office address:
Memory Makers 2007 Masters Contest
F+W Publications, Inc.
4700 E. Galbraith Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236
If you've already sent your entry to the old address, please do not send duplicate entries. All entries received at the old address will be forwarded. We are unable to confirm receipt of individual entries at this time.

Charla
06-28-2006, 05:22 PM
This doesn't seem like a very good time to do something like change their address!!!

Maybe I'll try it next year...I have to learn how to make layouts I actually like, and not immediately post them :) But good luck to all of you...I'll be excited to see all of you in it!!