PDA

View Full Version : Color Matching

three-cowboys
07-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Am I the only color matching psycho, or is everyone else doing too?

I can't seem to quite match my screen colors to my printer. So it's always a little off in my prints. I make 5 or 6 prints per image!! LOL!

I've calibrated the monitor (Sony Trinitron), and my printer (Epson R300), but it's always not quite right. So I end up making prints, writing down the formula for each, and trying again and again.

I wonder how much money I'm spending on paper and ink!

What do you do? Any tricks? Should I just send my pages out to print? Are the colors good??? :)

holly
07-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Linda, I have a hard time too....I know that Scott Kelby says in Photoshop to set your photoshop preferences to sRGB IEC61966-2.1. And WHCC printing says to use a color calibrator....but those are expensive. I'd love to hear other options!

three-cowboys
07-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks Holly, I'm going to try Scott's suggestion! I have a friend who got a color calibrator for a few hundred bucks. Now, if I could only get a few hundred quickly... LOL!

holly
07-11-2005, 05:45 PM
I used go-live once before....wasn't too bad, but it was new and i'm sure they've done lot's of improvements on it.

noralong
07-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Oh, this one is pretty easy to fix! I am so happy I know how, and can tell you! All you have to do is print a multi color swatch on the same paper that you typically use for your pages. If you use different types of papers, print one on each type. Next, hold this paper next to your color swatch on the monitor, and adjust the monitor to match the swatch. Write those numbers down on that swatch, so you can refer back to it if you switch papers. All done! Now you can see on your screen exactly what your print will look like!