PDA

View Full Version : magic wand tool

Leora
07-12-2005, 03:58 AM
so I spent 30 MIN. tonight using the magic wand tool to "cut-out" the flower in my latest LO from the Happy b-day ppr kit...is there an easier way than clicking thirty million times to make sure I get ALL of the layers??????

TIA for your help!
Leora

holly
07-12-2005, 10:10 AM
two words: PEN TOOL! Just like those path tutorials....use the pen tool to draw around an object....you can actually use the arrow to shape it better after you get it up. Then under the path option, choose make selection from the path and invert. Then delete!

Leora
07-12-2005, 12:18 PM
ohhh... THANKS! I will have to try that!!!

Kat Stokes
07-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Not fair!!! I want the pen tool!!!! (I only have PSE 3.0)

Vania16
07-12-2005, 12:54 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but the "Killer Tips" book said you can select similar chunks by going to select - similar and using the magic wand's tolerance setting to adjust the tolerance. It sounds like that will select parts in similar color, but like I said I haven't tried it out yet . . . I'll have to try the pen tool too.

MarshaZepeda
07-12-2005, 09:40 PM
One way you could do it is by using the magnetic lasso, too... but - I have to warn you, if you're not super careful, you'll get jagged edges...

moischka0595
07-13-2005, 10:26 AM
I always use the magnetic lasso tool too, but like someone else said, you have to be careful or the edges aren't so great. One way I handle that if I get only slightly jagged edges is to feather the outside just a tiny bit.

I'm curious about the pen tool. I've never used it. Is there a tutorial somewhere for it. Is it easy to use with a mouse? What about with a Wacom tablet. I've got one of those on its way to me, so maybe that would be better. Whattya think?

holly
07-13-2005, 10:28 AM
We've got a couple of tutorials we intend to put back up very soon and we'll have more!!!!