PDA

View Full Version : Cool brushes for PSP9

MariKoegelenberg
07-13-2005, 05:38 AM
Does anyone have a really cool site that does great quality brushes for PSP? I have been looking around but I haven't yet stumbled on the jackpot?

holly
07-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Not sure about specifics for your question....but....

you should be able to make your own brushes from .png files! So, most designers are doing this - I know I do so even if the brush is for photoshop, the .png file is there so you can make your own!

SAHMom
07-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Have you seen this one?

http://www.1greeneye.net/brushes/grunge.php

HeidiD
07-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Just be aware as you're looking that the biggest PSP will let you size your brush is 500 pixels. Not too big on a full-size 12x12, 300 dpi resolution page!

Just FYI!

Valgal
07-13-2005, 11:50 PM
yup, brushes are pretty small in PSP... you gotta be creative with 'em.

SAHMom
07-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Actually, I've been quite successful using the deform tool to make the brushes larger. I just stamp on a seperate layer, click on the deform tool, and then make it as big as i want it. I haven't noticed any loss of quality.
I usually tend to do my brush work in PSE 3, but it's nice to use that option if I'm just adding a brush or two.

MariKoegelenberg
07-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try it out! The only bummer is not everybody offers .png files as alternative for .abr brushes!

tracimurphy
10-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Depending on the TOU, you can change those .abr files to .png files through this nice (free) brush viewer program:

http://abrviewer.sourceforge.net/

CraftTeaLady
10-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Ok, I NEED to ask a question, I feel STUPID and I don't want to feel this way anymore.

What is the point of brushes? What are they? Can you give me an example of when you have used them? Are they just for a grunge look?

And what in the world is a TUBE?

Are brushes an overlay?

TIA girls. I know everyone had to start not knowing a thing... and that, well, it frankly, where I am at.