View Full Version : Is there such a thing...

07-13-2005, 05:27 AM
So, I just got my Digital Rebel yesterday and I thought I'd be able to use my Minolta 100-300/4.5-5.6 zoom with it, but it doesn't fit. This may be a really silly question, but is there such a thing as an adapter that will let me use this lense on my Rebel or should I be listing my 35mm and all the accessories on eBay so I can buy lenses for the new baby? LOL

07-13-2005, 09:34 AM
I don't know about an adaptor, but I know my brother's film rebel lense fits on mine....but my lense won't fit on his. WIERD! LOL

10-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Laura- there may be an adaptor out there that will allow this but the camera won't be able to meter correctly and you will have to use manual focus since a canon camera doesn't know how to "talk" to a minolta lens. I don't know how you feel about giving up your film completely and selling it all on ebay but I would look into buying a new lens (or maybe a good used lens) for the rebel.

Holly- your lens doesn't work with the film rebel because it was made especially for the 1.6 conversion factor of the smaller sensor in the rebel, rebel xt and 20d. It wasn't made for the full frame cameras including the 1d and film. All canon cameras can use the EF mount (the one with the red dot on the lens mount) but only the smaller frame digitals can use the EF-S lenses (they have a white square on the lens mount).



10-29-2005, 12:13 PM
I am sorry to tell you that you may be out of luck. Camera Designers generally only make lenses to fit their own products. However, I know that Tamron is a GENERAL lens maker that makes lenses to generally fit most SLR's.