PDA

View Full Version : dumb question

scrapqueen1
07-14-2005, 09:17 AM
I am very new to digi scrapbooking. I am great at buying all of the gorgeous kits I see but not very good at using them. I get open the items but can't figure out how to add say a tag to a piece of paper...or a picture for that matter! Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks a bunch! Andie in Michigan

holly
07-14-2005, 09:55 AM
What software are you using currently? That would really help!

Seriously though, a lot of it works with general knowledge of layers. This is a link for some for photoshop, but it might help understand them.

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/layers/intro.htm

holly
07-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Oh, and we will be having some tutorials on basic scrapbooking very soon!

three-cowboys
07-17-2005, 02:18 AM
There are no dumb questions!!! :) Believe me, when I did my first page, I was so lost. And I'm a professional graphic designer. I've been using Photoshop since it was first invented, back in... Better not say it. It's very dating! LOL!

ScrapHappyME!
07-17-2005, 09:34 AM
Yup, no dumb questions - it's a little difficut at first for everyone, for the most part.

Knowing your program would be your best bet.... PLAY... that's the #1 way to learn. The UNDO key is a great feature. :) I would play with everything and then UNDO it just to experiment. I learned myself, rather then with a book (although a great book on your program would be helpful too!)

Easiest thing I can tell you, because I was trying to drag items right onto my layout screen and it was NOT working is to SELECT ALL or just SELECT your image with a marquee tool, go to EDIT and COPY.... go to your layout screen and PASTE. If you click on the bounding box, you will make your item moveable.

Again, this would be a lot easier if we knew your program so we could tell you where the specific tools are located! Get back to us. :)