PDA

View Full Version : You Never Forget Your First...

wester13
07-11-2006, 01:29 AM
Hey Chicks,

My name is Wes and I'm working on a documentary type project about scrapbooking.
I'm putting out a call for 12 x 12 layouts from scrappers asking for pages with the theme "My First Page." The movie premiere on August 5th has the same theme hoping that complete strangers to scrapbooking will watch the movie and try it so I've gotten lots of great sponsors to load up some gift bags with everything someone needs to do their first page, cutting tools, paper, pens, tape runner, etc. all archival / photo safe and all from major manufacturers.

To get people's creative juices flowing I'm asking for anyone who has interest to send in either a copy of the first page they've done or a layout talking about what it was like to do it. We're going to display these at the premiere and then I am going to put all the submission in albums and bring them around with me to conferences, film festivals, wherever I'm showing the movie.

We've got some heavy hitters from several big manufacturers attending and I've given Memory Makers magazine exclusive coverage of the event so if you can't be there in the flesh, be there in spirit and encourage others to take the plunge! We've already received dozens of amazing pages but are dying for more! Wouldn't it be great to have a table at a theater lined with a dozen albums, each page being someone's first experience trying it. How could someone NOT give it a whirl with that kind of encouragement?!

Here's the rub, I need them in the mail by Saturday July 15th so we can prep them for the event! If you'd still like to give it a whack and send in your layout you can send it to:

Lorna Klefsaas
35585 Aztec Road
Motley, MN 56466

Here's the only requirements: 12 x 12 page, themed and titled "My first page" and remember it won't be returned because your layout is going to hit the road!

Here's my first page ( not to pretty... ) It was just made as a prop for a promo (http://www.scrappedmovie.com/promos.html) so it's not supposed to be real. Making it was still a very enjoyable process. ;0)

http://www.scrappedmovie.com/stills/head.jpg

Thanks!

wes

AmberC
07-11-2006, 01:44 AM
How fun!! I hope you get a HUGE response!

InLoveWithDOTS
07-11-2006, 07:34 AM
LOL, I wish I were brave enough to send my first page, but no way, it's UGLY! lol

sinead
07-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Fun, Wes! Good luck on getting a great reception and terrific feedback on the movie! Not sure if I can get something printed to you by the 15th (I've got a digi-copy, though), but I'll try. :regular_s

wester13
07-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks EVeryone. You guys are the best!

wes

Priscilla
07-11-2006, 11:42 AM
if i could do it digitally i would. sounds like fun :D

Priscilla
07-11-2006, 11:43 AM
meaning send it to you digitally :blush:

MarshaZepeda
07-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Hi Wes,
I have a question - does the layout HAVE to be 12x12? (My first page was 8x10... I didn't start "square" until a few months later...)

wester13
07-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi Wes,
I have a question - does the layout HAVE to be 12x12? (My first page was 8x10... I didn't start "square" until a few months later...)

Hi Marsha,

Nope, I guess not. We can always mount it on a 12 x 12 page ( very artisticly of course ) or you could copy it and put your comments down in the margin in a 12 x 12 format. In this case I guess you can say think outside the box by expanding inside of it? :embaresse

Thanks!

wes

wester13
07-13-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm sending off artwork to get movie posters made. It's fun ( and a relief ) to see something tangible taking form. :whatchuta

Sneak Peek of Scrapped Movie Poster (http://www.scrappedmovie.com/premiere/web_poster.jpg)

Made by our very own Digi Chick Designer Christine Smith!

Thanks for all your posts!

wes

sinead
07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Looks awesome, Wes and Christine!!