PDA

View Full Version : Programs

acribbs
07-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Is anyone out there using anything other than PhotoShop? I don't have it and I have been planning to use my MS program to get started - I am at work right now and I can't for the life of remember the name of the program.

I also have Photoshop Elements - does anyone know much about this program? If so, the first of my very many STUPID questions:

When you first open a new project, how do you set the numbers so you have an 8x8 page or a 10x10 or 12x12 page - I can't even get that far.

I just keep buying all of Holly's pretty kits - hoping to just magically be able to use them!

Holly - do you do house calls?

Amy

holly
07-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey there Amy!

Hmmm, could it be Digital Image Pro? Sometimes people will use PowerPoint and Word. Anything you can insert images into "will" work - but some of those will limit you in some things.

Most likely you find that information (if it's an actual photo editing program) when you do File/New. If it's PowerPoint or Word you may need to go to File/Page Setup to change it there.

Let us know what you're using when you get home and we could probably help a little better!

I would love to do house calls! Sounds fun! The Traveling Digi Chick!

Valgal
07-14-2005, 05:49 PM
I just answered your question in the other forum ;)

ScrapHappyME!
07-14-2005, 10:31 PM
LOL @ "the traveling digi chick"

I use PSE3 (Elements) and I looooooooooooooove it! When you open a new file in that program, it will ask you to specify the size. This is where you can say 8x8, for example.

I can give you all the help you need in PSE if that's the way you choose to go. Anything else, you'll have to wait for someone else to pop in here. :)

scraprascal
07-15-2005, 01:27 AM
PSE is a great program to do your digi scrapping with! Open it up and drag a paper onto your background...and just like that--you've started! (when you open a new document you will be able to specify size and resolution which you want at 300 dpi) HTH~ask any questions you have, we're all here to help!

acribbs
07-15-2005, 09:33 AM
I'll try it tonight - I am an online loser - I only go online at work because my home computer is too slow...so I'll print out the how-to's and take them home to play tonight!

Thanks so much - maybe sometime before the end of the year I'll have a post!

Amy

acribbs
07-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Maybe next someone could show me how to do an Avatar? Do you need a special program?

Amy

scraprascal
07-15-2005, 10:21 AM
What kind of avatar are you wanting? If you want a picture of yourself (like Gina or me) you just need to have one and re-size it to specifications. If you want one of the illustrated ones, you can purchase those on different sites, and Holly has been teasing us that we may be able to get them a little easier soon....? HTH.

acribbs
07-15-2005, 02:07 PM
So maybe I should hold on and Holly will save the day? I saw on another digitial scrapping site (it came up when I googled "AVATAR" - I'm totally loyal to the Chick!) where they were for sale for $25 for it was SOLD OUT? Which confused me, but many things do...

But I if the photo is an option, I'll try that out - now finding a photo of me that doesn't make me cringe! Don't be surprised if my dog ends up in my place - she's got the looks in the family!

Thanks again! You gals are so wonderfully helpful...and just wonderful!

acribbs
07-15-2005, 02:18 PM
There it is for now - it could be decades before I find a photo of myself...but Bella's a nice substitute!

moischka0595
07-16-2005, 01:15 PM
I have Microsoft Picture It (if that's the one you're talking about) and I think some people use that to digi scrap, but I have no idea how so I can't advise you with that.

As far as that program goes though, there are some really great photo effects you can do with it that I don't know how to do with photoshop. Probably PS can do them, but with MS Picture It, they're super simple.

If you have PSE then I would say use that, there are lots of tutorials for it and SO many people use it that you could always find somebody to answer any questions you might have.

Good Luck starting up, I'm sure you're going to love it!

scraprascal
07-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Just a note to say your avatar is adorable!!! WTG!!! Mine was my little pug for a long time, until someone said they thought he was a gorilla! LOL!