PDA

View Full Version : the thread that wouldn't die

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

scrapsandsass
07-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Rachel, i can't wait to see/download!

scrapsandsass
07-19-2006, 03:10 PM
i wish i knew how to capitalize with this darn blackberry! It automatically does it at the beginning of a sentence, but i can't figure it out otherwise. Grrrr.

tamra
07-19-2006, 03:20 PM
I just thought of watching my teenage kids sleeping... omg it made me said! It will be here before we know it :( I just can't believe how quickly time goes by...

tamra
07-19-2006, 03:20 PM
thanks Kimberlee for putting that little picture in my head!

sinead
07-19-2006, 03:23 PM
We went out tonight and bought awesome shoes. Last night I wore cute, "conservative" heels, and today I was practicing with cute slingbacks. But those may not stay on my feet (or feel good) for that length of time. I couldn't believe how different it felt, though...it really does make a difference (to me, anyways). So we bought a pair of heels (I'm not a good estimator but I'd say 2") so Josh will really have to stand up tall when we dance http://somewhereelse2.forumup.com/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (he's 6' even and I'm 5'10" but slouches so looks my height when we're barefoot) I think it's much easier to stand up really straight and dance better in fun heels...not exactly sure why, but it helpshttp://somewhereelse2.forumup.com/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Heels make dancing SO much easier! They put your body in the proper position almost automatically, which is important for us tall (and often slouchy) girls.

You can keep slingbacks on as long as they fit well. I used to dance in salsa competitions in 2" mules...the shoe just has to fit well. :regular_s

tamra
07-19-2006, 03:24 PM
That's so cool Sinead! I always thought that those competitions would be cool - especially Salsa!

sinead
07-19-2006, 03:26 PM
I think that's true for most of us, some days at least.

Then I look at her while she sleeps, and my heart totally melts.

I gave Jasmine three crayons and a piece of paper. She had fun for a couple minutes, but then decided to start eating them. So her teeth are now red, yellow and blue. She had a complete meltdown when I took it away from her. Thankfully she fell asleep moments after DH went back to work, because she was miserable!!

Luckily, crayons are nontoxic except in gigantic amounts! I can't tell you how many crayons Maggie has eaten!

sinead
07-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Yep, won $400 one time. :regular_s

Back before I met DH (who has NO rhythm. NONE) and before arthritis. I miss those days, sometimes...there's nothing that makes you feel more amazing than gliding around on a dance floor with a great dancer and knowing that everybody's eyes are on you.

tamra
07-19-2006, 03:30 PM
See I could only dream of that - I could NEVER do it! I feel that I have no rhythm but my mom and dh are sure that I do. They think that I'm just too reserved and embarrassed to really put myself in it. I never dance!

AmyK
07-19-2006, 03:38 PM
My hubby has no rhythm either, which bums me out because I LOVE to dance! That sounds so cool.

Rachel, thanks for the yummy kit. I love the little acrylic balloons. :)

RachelS
07-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I would love to learn to dance. I am not very coordinated though. LOL

AmyK
07-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Well, it looks like she has done it again! I just received an email from my MIL telling me that she has signed me up to lead a Bible Study in mid-August. Ugh!!! I haven't even moved yet, I don't know any of these people, and I am feeling really overwhelmed! Do you think I should say something to her?

Charla
07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Everyone figured I'd learn quickly, since I took ballet for 6 years, but it's totally different to dance with someone else. Though I do have the advantage of "feeling" what my feet are doing without having to look down at them.

Sinead, that's sooo cool! My slingbacks don't stay on very well, so it was worth it to get a pair of new ones. And it's been a couple years since I bought a pair of shoes for fun :)

Charla
07-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Amy, I would. I'm sorry she's doing this! It sounds like she thinks pretty highly of you, but you might want to let her know that you'd rather do things at your own pace...and if you choose to do them.

Easy for me to say...I'm so non-confrontational!

tamra
07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Well, it looks like she has done it again! I just received an email from my MIL telling me that she has signed me up to lead a Bible Study in mid-August. Ugh!!! I haven't even moved yet, I don't know any of these people, and I am feeling really overwhelmed! Do you think I should say something to her?

I would definetly say something Amy! You can find a way to do it without sounding ugly - if she doesn't understand then start signing her up for everything and see how she likes it! She may be one of those who like to be involved in everything though, so that may not work!

RachelS
07-19-2006, 03:59 PM
amy tell her you're not ready for that yet. seriously. that is ridiculous.

hey check this out:
http://digi-scraplift.blogspot.com/2006/07/scraplift-21-updated.html
maybe she gets tons of responses on these, but maybe not. she posted my page though! woohoo!

tamra
07-19-2006, 03:59 PM
I know Charlene - I am the same way!

Charla
07-19-2006, 04:02 PM
That's so adorable, Rachel! Congratulations!! I know that's how I felt about being on the MM page (hey, are you up there yet?) but a friend of mine has a daughter that was pretty impressed :)

tamra
07-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Cool Rachel - she put up your LO!

RachelS
07-19-2006, 04:03 PM
i don't know if i'm up there yet. i'm going to check real quick before i nap

tamra
07-19-2006, 04:07 PM
I thought you were already napping Rachel!

sinead
07-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Man, I wish I could nap! Still an hour of work to do, which I should get done while Maggie is distracted by Beauty and the Beast!

sinead
07-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Amy, I'd say that you're just not ready since you guys are going to be moving. Ask her to let you get your feet wet there first.

sinead
07-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Cool Rachel! I keep meaning to do those challenges!

AmyK
07-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Can I get some help with an email? This is what I typed up:

I know you are extremely excited about our upcoming arrival there in Centralia, but I must ask, most respectfully, that you please refrain from signing me up for any more events until we move and I am able to get situated. I feel very overwhelmed at this point, and this is a big change for me. I know there are many expectations about what I will be doing and what I will be involved in. But at the same time, I hope that you can respect my ability to make those decisions about my involvement for myself. I hope you know that I mean absolutely no offense, and I am very very excited about getting down there and getting my feet wet. I just do not want to overcommit myself before I have even had a chance to get to know anyone in the church!

Thank you for understanding.

Now I'm going to get back to packing so we can get down there. :)

Opinions? Help!!

sinead
07-19-2006, 05:05 PM
I think it sounds good, Amy. You might also mention that you'd love the opportunity to get your new house situated before you get too involved in other stuff--you want your home to be somewhere where you can invite new friends to (especially since your husband is in pastoral training) instead of something that you stress or worry about. Does that make sense? Plus you probably wouldn't be able to commit yourself fully (and spiritually) if your mind is divided between the obligations to your family (of setting up house and getting everyone situated) and new obligations to the church.

AmyK
07-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Oh, that's good. Thanks, Sinead! Back to the drawing board...

Charla
07-19-2006, 05:08 PM
I agree. Looks good to this point :)

AmyK
07-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Okay, draft two (with many thanks to Sinead!). Thank you all for your help and any edits. I really want to keep the peace - both mine and ours!

I know you are extremely excited about our upcoming arrival there in Centralia, but I must ask, most respectfully, that you please refrain from signing me up for any more events until we move and I am able to get situated. I feel very overwhelmed at this point, and this is a big change for all of us. I know there are many expectations about what we will be doing and where we will be involved. But at the same time, I hope that you can respect my ability to make those decisions about my involvement for myself. At this point, I am most concerned with getting my new house in order, supporting my husband through all of these changes, and taking care of James and Emma through this stressful time. I hope you know that I mean absolutely no offense, and I am very very excited about getting down there and getting my feet wet. I know this is going to be a wonderful change. I just don't feel that I can fully commit myself spiritually if my mind is divided between commitments to the church and commitments to my own family.

Thank you for understanding.

sinead
07-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Good plan! I like that you added the "spiritually" part since it is a church commitment that she's asking you to do. :) Good call, too, putting most of the blame on you--I think that will make it go over more easily.

Charla
07-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Looks great :)

AmyK
07-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Okay, I'll stop hijacking now. :) You'd think that a 27-year old woman could take of herself wouldn't you? :embaresse

I just got the kiddos down for naps, so I think I'm going to go read my new Real Simple!

scrapsandsass
07-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Good job, amy! I like your suggestions, sinead. It looks good.

Charla
07-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Amy, don't worry about it!! I would do exactly the same thing :)

Enjoy RS. I'm reading last September's right now...just a bit behind (my parents got me a subscription for a couple years, but after Jasmine, I haven't had the time/made the time to read it. So I have 10 months' worth waiting to be devoured!!)

scrapsandsass
07-19-2006, 05:50 PM
i love that magazine. I usually don't get it these days because i'm an addict as far as mags are concerned.

RachelS
07-19-2006, 06:07 PM
i may have to check that mag out. i don't thin i've ever read it!

Charla
07-19-2006, 06:09 PM
I'd be willing to send you a bunch when I finish them! They're great. Very practical but fun...kinda like Martha Stewart's is supposed to be, but better (well, I've never read MS's :) )

Let me know if you'd like me to send you a few!!

RachelS
07-19-2006, 06:23 PM
sure! i can send some $ to help with shipping if you'd like.

Charla
07-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Sounds good! I'll go look and see how many I have sitting around. My email address is in my profile...wanna send me your address? Don't worry about the shipping, as long as you don't mind media mail :)

RachelS
07-19-2006, 06:36 PM
you've got email

AmyK
07-19-2006, 06:37 PM
You're gonna love it, Rachel! Real Simple is my favorite magazine. There are always great tips and tricks, interesting articles, and the whole magazine has a gorgeously clean graphic look to it. It is always inspiring and refreshing to look through. Yummy yummy!

RachelS
07-19-2006, 06:38 PM
sweet!!!

tamra
07-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Amy the email sounds really good.

RachelS
07-19-2006, 06:40 PM
i agree with tamra. did you send it yet?

tamra
07-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Do they have those magazines in like Wal-Mart or somewhere I can take a look without placing an order? I've never heard of it either.

AmyK
07-19-2006, 06:44 PM
I sat down, had a cup of tea, wrote in my journal, and then sent the email. I added quite a bit of friendly chit chat to the end. We'll see what happens from here!

And I've seen Real Simple at the Grocery store, so I imagine most places that sell magazines would have it. It's probably in the same section as Martha Stewart Living or Better Homes & Gardens or something.

RachelS
07-19-2006, 06:45 PM
yay amy! good for you. i rarely stand up for myself so i must encourage others to do it.

Charla
07-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Tamra, if it's okay with Rachel, I could send you one, and her the others I have set aside (I found 3)??? It's up to y'all...

AmyK
07-19-2006, 06:51 PM
I really struggled with whether or not to send it. I got in trouble about a year ago with her for speaking up for myself, and she didn't talk to me for about 3 months. (I couldn't decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing, to tell the truth!) But after journaling and praying about it, I believe that I was right to stick up for myself and for my family, and I believe I was respectful about it. Ugh. I have always been a peacekeeper, so this stuff is hard. My hands are shaking! And look - I'm babbling like an idiot too! :22:

AmyK
07-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Oh yeah, I can always send someone the most recent copy of Real Simple when I'm done with it too! I gave my last stack away, but I'll be done with this one in a couple of days. If you don't mind drool all over it.

Charla
07-19-2006, 06:53 PM
What does your husband say?? Being his parents, he might have a better idea how they'd take the letter.

I totally understand your struggles...I'm praying for clarity and peace, however you decide!!

RachelS
07-19-2006, 06:53 PM
sounds like a good plan to me charlene!

amy, sometimes babbling like an idiot helps too. :)

Charla
07-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Kay...Tamra, if you want to send me your address, I'll put one in the mail for you too! SAve you a couple bucks :)

RachelS
07-19-2006, 06:55 PM
charlene, the world would be a better place if more people were as nice as you.

Charla
07-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Awww, Thanks, Rachel!! :)

RachelS
07-19-2006, 07:04 PM
:)

sinead
07-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Amy, I don't think that someone could be mad at you for what you wrote in that email you shared with us. You have to get your family straightened out first--nothing wrong with that.

:regular_s

RachelS
07-19-2006, 07:41 PM
pot roast! mmmmm!

AmyK
07-19-2006, 07:49 PM
I hate emails. It's always hard to tell if it's all gone over right. 4 emails later and I think we've got it sorted out....

Pot Roast sounds yummy! I think I'm just going to throw some burgers on the grill tonight. I am feeling SO lazy.

Charla
07-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Me too! And Jasmine fell asleep in my arms, a much-needed nap, shortly after 6:30. So dinner will be late...and Josh will probably keep working 'til I tell him to come home. Since the Yankees already played, there's no huge rush to get home for that :)

Pot roast sounds good...hamburgers do too. I'm planning to make pasta with pesto, but can't figure out what to do with it, that's quick and easy. It would take too long to pull chicken out of the freezer...Josh said chicken nuggets don't sound good...I can't figure out what to make!! :S

Charla
07-19-2006, 08:23 PM
4 emails with them?? I hope you're right and it's sorted out:)

Charla
07-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Never mind all that...Josh is bringing home a pizza! :)

AmyK
07-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Does anybody else just feel completely depleted by 5pm? It's 5:40 here and I still have 2 hours before my dh gets home. I am dragging so hard on getting dinner for the kids. I wish I could lay down and take a nap now!

RachelS
07-19-2006, 10:06 PM
i am really tired too. i think it has something to do with starting my first period since i got pregnant with ian. almost 2 years! yikes! i hate cramps

sinead
07-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Does anybody else just feel completely depleted by 5pm? It's 5:40 here and I still have 2 hours before my dh gets home. I am dragging so hard on getting dinner for the kids. I wish I could lay down and take a nap now!

By 5pm? Change it to 3pm and that's me!! 'Course, I'm getting up at 4 or 5am these days.

4 emails? I hope she wasn't weird about it--your email sounded perfectly polite to me.

Charlene--I'm doing good if I even want to eat anything at night these days. Poor DH has been reheating rice and beans or something and I feed Maggie something quick and then pick at something myself. I'm just too tired to think about standing in the kitchen to cook anything. Good thing my DH is pretty awesome!

Charla
07-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Sinead, sorry you're still so tired. Does it usually last the whole pregnancy with you, or is it because of the super-early mornings?

I've been cooking more lately, because I've felt really good :) DH is thrilled by that...when I was pregnant with Jasmine, he made us frozen dinners pretty much every night because i couldn't handle the thought of cooking. Never threw up, just felt nauseated 24/7. I'm thankful that's not the case this time :)

sinead
07-19-2006, 11:13 PM
With Maggie I never got that burst of 2nd trimester energy, but for this one I don't know if it's that or the getting up too early thing. I've got arthritis, too, which has flared this time unlike when I was pregnant with Maggie and it went into remission. Part of the whole arthritis thing is fatigue, too. Maybe I'm just doomed to be tired. lol I need to get over it. :regular_s

scrapsandsass
07-20-2006, 12:07 AM
thanks Kimberlee for putting that little picture in my head!

Sorry. :( I'm getting that total empty-nest feeling. It is horrible and she hasn't even left yet.

scrapsandsass
07-20-2006, 12:09 AM
You're gonna love it, Rachel! Real Simple is my favorite magazine. There are always great tips and tricks, interesting articles, and the whole magazine has a gorgeously clean graphic look to it. It is always inspiring and refreshing to look through. Yummy yummy!

It is completely gorgeous. I had heard that it was an off-shoot of MS... but I can't remember where I heard that. But I love to clip the pics out for inspiration... whether it is color, lines, shapes/patterns, etc. They have gorgeous designs and look.

AmyK
07-20-2006, 12:10 AM
I always felt icky the whole 9 months for both of my pregnancies. I'm glad you're feeling good, Charlene!

The 4 emails involved a reply that said, "I never signed you up for anything. Except the nursery duty, and I assumed James would be in there anyway so it wouldn't be a problem. I also assume you will be a part of this Bible Study, as you will be a pastor's wife. But I will just cancel all of that now that I know you feel pressured."

To which I replied that I was happy to do them (because I am a wimp), but that I just needed more time to adjust. To which she replied that that was "fine" and we would talk about it when I moved there. To which I replied that I had no intention of offending her, and that I hoped that she could understand that I am a shy person and will need some time to adjust, and that I don't get quite so overwhelmed about things if I am at least asked, "Would you like to do this?"

And that's all so far. *sigh* That's why I said I think maybe it's sorted out. Because there's really nothing else I can do. At least my hubby believes I acted correctly, so it will all work out in the end.

Boy, am I a board hog today or what? I'm surprised I haven't killed this thread!!

scrapsandsass
07-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Glad to see that things sorted out, Amy. That is so stressful to have to have confrontation/disagreement/tension with family. Eek!

I don't know how you guys handle being pregnant. I'm exhausted all of the time and I have no pregnancy excuse.

I made arroz con pollo for dinner. It's DD's favorite. DH doesn't really like it too much, but he always gets his way, so this was a change. :) Hee hee. I definitely didn't feel like cooking though, so they're all lucky they were fed.

tamra
07-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Amy, is your dh going to be pastoring the church where you are moving or is he just going to be training there?

tamra
07-20-2006, 12:52 AM
I have had a bad headache all day today so I layed down much of the day and then fixed supper for my fam, my parents, my brothers fam, and my grandparents! It was already planned so I didn't feel that I should back out :( Feeling a little better now though.

All this to say that I missed the talk about the magazine and Charlene I didn't mean to sound like I was hinting for you to send me one too. I hope you don't think that's what I was doing- don't mean to take away from Rachel. That is nice of you both :)

AmyK
07-20-2006, 01:52 AM
My hubby is going to be an Intern Pastor, in a 3-year mentorship training program under his father (who is the senior pastor of the church where we are moving). Hubby's not going to be preaching though - we will be focusing more on technology services (web and graphic design, networking, recording) and local mission-type work. I could talk your ear off about it, but I'll save it for another day!

Tamra, I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well today! I'm glad you're feeling better now. I hope you are all having a good night!

scrapsandsass
07-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Amy... that avatar is adorable!

Tamra... I hope you're feeling better. That is awful to have headaches. :( Take care of yourself.

Charla
07-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Amy, LOVE the avatar. What a cutie :) Sorry about the emails and the worries about them not understanding. You've done well at standing strong (definitely helps having your DH in agreement!) but also understanding them. I hope this helps!!

Tamra, I don't mind...if you'd like one, I'd be more than happy to send one to you. You still have time to let me know...DH just left for work and forgot to grab them on his way out :)

Kimberlee, I don't even want to think about an empty nest. But since Jasmine's only 14 months old I guess I have some time, huh? My parents still haven't had that feeling...they still have 6 living at home, though the oldest of those 6 leaves for college in the fall. (yeah, big family) :)

sinead
07-20-2006, 10:15 AM
My hubby is going to be an Intern Pastor, in a 3-year mentorship training program under his father (who is the senior pastor of the church where we are moving).

Ahhhh...so since your hubby is doing an internship under his dad, does his mom think that YOU should be doing an internship under her (as a pastor's wife)? Maybe that's her whole volunteer you for everything deal. Not that she has a right...I still think you handled that right. i just like to know where something's coming from, and this makes a little more sense to me.

ignore me, i'm probably just babbling! lol!!

Charla
07-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Sinead, I bet you're right! Sounds very reasonable to me :)

sinead
07-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Amy, we're going to have to get your title changed over to Chick Designer! :regular_s Love your new avatar, too--really cute!

Progress on the sleep front! Maggie was OUT by 6:45 last night and slept until 5:50!!! WHOOOHOOOO!!! Still awfully early, but it's WAY better than 4! I took Tylenol PM again last night (but I think i'm done with that for a while...don't want to get in the habit) and went to sleep around 10:30 or 11, so I'm feeling ok with sleep, too.

yay for me!

Charla
07-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Yay for sleep! I'm so glad!!

Jasmine's still sleeping! She stirred enough that I got her up, but all she wanted was to nurse back to sleep. So it's been 10 1/2 hours at this point :) I love it...she's so much happier when she gets a lot of sleep. :)

sinead
07-20-2006, 10:41 AM
That's so awesome, Charlene! Maggie has never been a terrific sleeper. I hope that this new one is. Chris says Maggie inherited the no sleeping thing from me, but I've only been a bad sleeper since my arthritis first hit 10 years ago. I was a great sleeper when I was a kid. My nephew is such a great sleeper that DH calls him the incredible sleeping boy. lol! DH thinks Will sleeps 23 out of 24 hours, but I remind him that he was only a little baby (6 months old) when we were on vacation with them and there was all that sleeping going on. Now he's a very active 18 month old. Still the name persists, though.

Gosh, I'm rambly this morning. I seriously need to go shower and get ready to go walk and to go the library for story hour! Happy day, all!

StaceyD
07-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Happy Friday Eve everyone! Boy, I have catching up to do....

Kimberlee, the week is almost over! Hope the last 2 days are easier for you.

Amy, glad things are cleared up. You did the right thing. I just don't understand why she thinks it is ok to sign you up for something without even talking to you!! Who does that?? LOVE your new avatar. Soooo cute!

Tamra, hope you are feeling better today.

Sinead, glad you got some sleep!!

Rachel, THANKS for the kit. I LOVE it!!

Charlene, glad Jasmine is sleeping in for you. I just realized that your kids will be spaced out the same as mine. I liked having them close together like that.

Not sure if I missed anything...sorry if I did. I FINALLY got my computer/internet problem fixed so I am happy!!

RachelS
07-20-2006, 11:28 AM
good morning! stacey, you sure are cheerful today!

today I am getting rid of at least 2 boxes worth of toys. I don't know what I am going to do with them yet, but they are leaving the premises! We have like 1/2 of Toys R Us here and our house is just no big enough to be running a toy store. LOL. Anything that is damgaged is out. Anything that is meant for a baby younger than 12 months is out. The Whoopee cushion can stay though... it is hilarious.

StaceyD
07-20-2006, 11:36 AM
LOL! The whoopee cushion is a must...never a dull moment with that!

RachelS
07-20-2006, 11:37 AM
you know it! and it's self-inflating. i never heard of that before but that's good cuz it means the 3 yr old can operate it.

StaceyD
07-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Wow, kids these days have it easy!! I remember back in the day, we had to blow it up ourselves! *gasp*

RachelS
07-20-2006, 11:40 AM
apparently my kids are too good to have to waste their breath on something like that. LOL

AmyK
07-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Ahhhh...so since your hubby is doing an internship under his dad, does his mom think that YOU should be doing an internship under her (as a pastor's wife)? Maybe that's her whole volunteer you for everything deal.

Sinead, you are so insightful! I think you are absolutely right! That totally makes me view it all in a different way too. And I'm glad to hear you got some much-needed sleep last night!

Charlene, I'm glad your little one is sleeping too. My toddler is still sleeping, but the 7-month old is party girl this morning. (Well, you can tell by the avatar that she's *always* party girl!)

Stacey, glad your internet problem is fixed! I hate computer problems!

Rachel, good luck with excavating through the toys. I discovered a local women's mission where I give most of our still-in-good-condition toys.

I'm going to be off most of today with lots of errands to run and packing to do. I hope you all have a great day! Ciao!

sinead
07-20-2006, 02:19 PM
lol, Amy. Glad that it made you think about things a little differently. Sometimes I find that it can help to take a step back and see if there's a less offended way to think about stuff. You know what I mean? I'm always trying to remind myself that person x or person y (probably my DH half the time!) didn't mean to personally insult me by doing whatever. sometimes it actually works, too! lol

scrapsandsass
07-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey ladies. I'm actually back to a real keyboard. I can hardly get used to how fast I can post messages. I was sending PMs earlier and I actually had to wait to send them because you can only send one every 30 seconds. Hahahaha.

I took a day off of training. The nurses and interviewers were doing more of the technical side of things today, so I didn't have to monitor. Yay! I got my office rearranged and everything is still in boxes, but I love the new office! I just have to add the decorating touches now!

My boss was so insane without me for two and a half days, she ended up calling me several times yesterday afternoon and she's almost manic today because I'm in the office. I can't get her to leave! :) She may be really mean to me most of the time, but I know she can't live without me. Hahahaha.

scrapsandsass
07-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Wow, kids these days have it easy!! I remember back in the day, we had to blow it up ourselves! *gasp*

You guys are too funny! :)

tamra
07-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Hey Kimberlee I bet you can use that to get a raise!!! :)

Charla
07-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Kimberlee, that's awesome!! Yay for being able to enjoy a keyboard :)

Stacey, forgot to tell you: congratulations on getting the computer and internet working again. Hope it lasts a looooooong time!

i feel like being an absolute slug! I organized the pantry today, and I have dinner planned out, so I just want to be lazy for awhile :) I'm excited about the pantry...finally have one shelf for baking and one for cooking, and all the beverages (I cannot believe how many kinds of tea I have! And I don't usually drink tea!!) are together too. Sooo nice! It should make it so much easier to find something now :)

Okay, back to scrapping. It's all I feel like doing. Thankfully Jasmine's happy playing by herself...as long as I tell her she's cute when I can tell she wants me to watch her, she's pretty happy being little miss independent (which I wanted...I want someone who likes to be around me, but doesn't need me waiting on her hand and foot to be entertained.) :)

StaceyD
07-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Oh, I have been a slug all day. The only productive thing I have done is clean the outside of the fridge. The top had so much junk on it and about 2" of dust! The sides and door had all sorts of handprints and who knows what else all over it! YUCK!

scrapsandsass
07-20-2006, 06:00 PM
She told me a couple of weeks ago that I'm not "due" until October. Humph! For what I'm doing, I should be making about $15,000 more than I am now. It is pathetic.

But after being away in the training (even though it was still work), it really made me realize that I need to start putting my resume together and looking elsewhere.

Hey... if you guys are really bored, you can check out the link to an article about my project (although we get no mention :( ).

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003139177_healthsurvey20m.html

AmyK
07-20-2006, 06:23 PM
That looks like a very worthwhile project, Kimberlee! Bummer you aren't getting paid as you should - are you working for a nonprofit? I used to make half what I thought I was worth at a nonprofit. Now I'm a SAHM mom and make nothing! Ha ha ha!

scrapsandsass
07-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey guys I actually scrapped last night.

It is kind of a scary close up and a little late for self-portrait Tuesday... but I was happy to finally get something done. It doesn't feel quite finished... but I didn't know how to add journaling without making it too cluttered. Help?

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/23897/cat/500/ppuser/2569

scrapsandsass
07-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Hahahahaha... now my face killed the thread. ROTFLMAO!

sinead
07-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey--for those of you who actually have energy--can I have some? Some of DH's friends are coming over on Saturday night (a friend of his from high school plus his wife and kids) and I've got to clean like crazy tomorrow and Saturday. ick.

off to watch Big Brother now!

RachelS
07-20-2006, 10:36 PM
kimberlee, i like that LO very cute!

i'm so excited! it's probably TMI but my pretty bras are finally starting to fit again now that we have begun the weaning process. (not my choice but hey its ok)

scrapsandsass
07-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Congrats, Rachel! :)

scrapsandsass
07-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Hey--for those of you who actually have energy--can I have some? Some of DH's friends are coming over on Saturday night (a friend of his from high school plus his wife and kids) and I've got to clean like crazy tomorrow and Saturday. ick.

off to watch Big Brother now!

Hmmm... who would that be?? ;) I think everyone was feeling lazy today (even those of us who aren't preggers)... it seemed to be the consensus. Unless the lurkers are the ones with the energy and they just didn't want to brag about it. :)

What about Kelsey? That girl always has energy to spare... where is she when we need to get some from her?

sinead
07-20-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't know--seems like Charlene got a crapload of stuff done today! lol

Charla
07-20-2006, 11:26 PM
I did?? I sorted the pantry (10 minutes) and made 2 scrapbook pages. I felt like a slug, but thanks :D

Charla
07-20-2006, 11:30 PM
And this is my.......3000th post!!! :D

sinead
07-20-2006, 11:52 PM
well, it sounded like a lot to me! lol!

AmyK
07-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Woo hoo! Congrats, Charlene!

scrapsandsass
07-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Yay, Charlene!!! :)

StaceyD
07-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Yay Charlene!

sinead
07-21-2006, 12:15 AM
YAY Charlene! Now I've got to keep my eye on you...you'll be breathing down my neck before I know it!

RachelS
07-21-2006, 12:28 AM
wow charlene! i will never be able to catch up... except maybe when the baby is born. LOL

tamra
07-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Yay Charlene!
Ya, I think Kelsey is the only one with alot of energy around here!

RachelS
07-21-2006, 08:31 AM
i used to have a lot of energy... then i had ian and became a SAHM. sigh...

Charla
07-21-2006, 09:50 AM
I still have to overtake Darla and Michelle, and a couple others too...you're safe for another couple months, I'd think :)
(Oops...this is about overtaking Sinead in post count!)

Charla
07-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Lately I've had more energy than I'd expect for being first trimester, but yesterday wasn't one of those days. I got worn out trying to keep Jasmine from doing things she knew she shouldn't!

Tonight we're going out to dinner and a game with Josh's cousin and his fiancee. Jasmine will be with us for dinner, and then will hopefully be happy for the entire game, with Josh's parents. I'm a little nervous since it's a longer time than she was without us on Monday, but hopefully she'll be fine!

sinead
07-21-2006, 10:51 AM
I should be cleaning now. DH took the day off and is about to take Maggie to the zoo for the morning. He intended that I sleep until 10 (yeah, right) but Maggie had other plans. Oh well...I got to sleep until 8. Well...she woke me up at 3:30 (and I was up and down with her for an hour) and then woke me up again at 6:30. I promptly told her to wake up Daddy and I went back to sleep on the couch until 8. lol So I sorta got some sleep. hehehe

off to finish checking in and get started on cleaning!

scrapsandsass
07-21-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm supposed to be "working" at home. Hee hee. I sent my team off for another day of serious technical training and I'm getting our Tacoma field office up and ready for them. We have a vacant office in Tacoma that used to be fully equipped, but once we stopped operating, our Kent office pirated everything in the Tacoma spot, so now it is just bare.

It's supposed to be really hot (almost everywhere [I've heard])... so all of you pregnant ladies need to be sure to get enough rest this weekend and make sure you're getting enough fluids!

AmyK
07-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Your sleep last night sounds just like mine, Sinead! The baby girl didn't want to sleep, and was up several times last night. I think she's going through a "development spurt" - she's been trying to get up onto her knees so she can get to crawling. Eek!

I have to pack a bunch today! If you see me, tell me to get back to work!!

RachelS
07-21-2006, 01:11 PM
hello again ladies! my complaining about lack of energy apparently inspired me to get busy. i did dishes and am on load #3 of laundry. woohoo! DH will be home tonight!

StaceyD
07-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Better save your energy for tonight Rachel!!

StaceyD
07-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Charlene, I just sent you a pm.

sinead
07-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Whooohooo! I caught somebody's burst of energy (or maybe it's just that I'm not having to chase Maggie around or answer her bazillion questions a minute!). Half of my house is super clean! I need to do the bathrooms, the living room, and our bedroom (which is a job all in itself), but I've gotten the biggest thing--mopping the kitchen floor (super duper mopping)--out of the way while DH and Maggie were gone. YAY!

Now I've got to settle down and work for a couple of hours. The rest of the house can wait. lol

RachelS
07-21-2006, 02:09 PM
lol stacey... was that suggestive? lol... not happening tonight. i have got the worst ever* (*as bad as i can remember that were not involving being pregnant or labor) cramps. he'll have to settle for cuddling.

StaceyD
07-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Good work, Sinead! Wish somebody would mop my kitchen floor!

StaceyD
07-21-2006, 02:10 PM
:tounge_sm Rachel! Ouch, sorry about the cramps!!

StaceyD
07-21-2006, 02:11 PM
I think I just might break 1000 by the end of the weekend!

RachelS
07-21-2006, 02:12 PM
eh... i got lucky and haven't had to deal with "that time of the month" from the time i got pregnant with ian until now, so i'm okay with it. i figure it's payback from mother nature for not having it for so long.

RachelS
07-21-2006, 02:14 PM
yay stacey! you can do it!

scrapsandsass
07-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Go Stacey! :D

Sinead... you are very inspiring. :)

Rachel, hang in there sweetie!

Charla
07-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Stacey, you can do it :) I replied :D

Rachel, sorry about the cramps. Not fun!! So is he completely weaned now? I'm dreading that day (no, it hasn't happened) :D I'm impressed with all you accomplished. You too, Sinead. I got half the dishes washed, but Jasmine needed me. She's now 90% asleep, so I can work on a mini-project Josh sent me for some help!

scrapsandsass
07-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Whatcha working on Charlene? That is great that DH can lean on you for help. :)

Charla
07-21-2006, 04:36 PM
DH made a brochure for work, and asked me to do some color-related stuff with it. I was able to do some, but then couldn't make the transition...combining type-setting and scrapbooking is a little harder than I thought it would be!! I could either go way overboard and make it look like a scrapbook page, or else make it look like a normal brochure...I finally just gave it back to him and let him take it from where I left off. Feel bad about it though...

meanwhile, the dishes are washed, and Jasmine got a short-ish afternoon nap, so that's good. I think Josh and his cousin and his fiancee will likely be here in about 1 1/2 hours to get us...then off to dinner and the ball game :)

RachelS
07-21-2006, 04:46 PM
he is not completely weaned yet. thank goodness. i still get some cuddle time.

Charla
07-21-2006, 05:14 PM
That's good. I love that time!

So Josh just emailed me. We're meeting them at the ballpark, instead of going to dinner. But I don't have a lot around here...since we weren't going to be here for dinner for the next three days I let things get a little low. So I'm frustrated.

Meanwhile, I was inspired by Rachel and Sinead, and scrubbed the bathroom and vacuumed the carpet. :D Which also means Jasmine's toys are picked up, for the moment anyways :D

Charla
07-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Can I be angry for a minute here??

So the girl (Josh's cousin's fiancee) doesn't like baseball. She was going to bring a book and read during the game. And her stomach is upset, so she may not go.

We didn't plan to spend the evening with BRAD. We can see him any time. The point of this was that BRAD wanted the four of us to get together. So Josh is ending work early and we're spending money that we woudn't have been spending, to go see a game with HIM??? And worry about Jasmine the whole time???

I'm upset. If She won't even be there, I'd much rather be home watching the Yankees game...I have no devotion to the local team. I'd rather be here, with Josh and Jasmine, watching a game for free, than .....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

Charla
07-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Josh confirmed it to me...we already bought the stupid tickets. so we're going.

And I will be happy about it.

maybe.

(sorry, this is such an AAM moment...I'll be back to normal again soon)

AmyK
07-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Oh Charlene! I'm sorry to hear the night's not working out for you as you had hoped. I hate it when things fall through like that. I hope you still have fun regardless!

RachelS
07-21-2006, 06:33 PM
ugh! why would she agree to go if she doesn't even like baseball?!!?!? sorry about all that. that sucks.

RachelS
07-21-2006, 06:55 PM
RYAN CAME HOME! and now he's gone off on his motorcycle. :( and i didn't even get a kiss.

Charla
07-21-2006, 06:57 PM
RAchel, I'm so sorry!!!!! :(

we're all going. Brad needs to learn to talk to her first!!!

RachelS
07-21-2006, 09:12 PM
well i'm glad you are all going! that will be much nicer!
ryan came home with a big milkshake for me and a kiss! yay!
isaac's biological father is coming to visit him at the end of August *it has been a year since he has seen isaac*
i finally finished a goofy little page about my goofy little isaac

in other news, i am almost at 2500 posts! woohoo!

scrapsandsass
07-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Charlene, sorry to hear about the situation. Keep us posted on how the game went... hopefully she will be sociable instead of being weird like that.

Rachel, good job on the posts! You rock. Glad your sweetie is home! :) Isn't it awful to deal with absent biological parents??? Luckily, DD is at an age where we won't have to deal with it much longer. My DD's biological dad really likes my DH, and DH likes him, so they are always chatting it up when he comes to see DD.

Charla
07-22-2006, 12:36 AM
The game was a lot of fun. The problem was, she didn't understand anything about the game. So he explained what was going on, and she enjoyed it a lot more :) We chatted some, about their wedding and plans, and about babies and scrapbooking, so it went really well.

Rachel, yay for the milkshake and kiss :) Good for him for taking care of you!

I hope the visit with Isaac's biological father goes well. I can't imagine not seeing my child for a year. Is he in Indiana?

Congratulations on 2500 posts!!!

Kimberlee, i think that would kinda weird me out to have your daughter's biological father and your DH getting along so well. Is it good or strange (or both)?? :D

She's asleep, and I'm exhausted.

dubois598
07-22-2006, 12:53 AM
:wink_smil Hi girls!

sinead
07-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Rachel, glad you got the kiss and a milkshake!

Charlene, glad you guys had a good time!

Kimberlee, my sister has a friend whose parents are divorced and remarried to different people. The two couples are great friends (which seems weird, but good, I guess). When the girl moved into her college dorm, her dad and stepdad moved everything in and put together her loft and stuff and she, her mom, and stepmom all went shopping. Seems odd to me, but at least there isn't any tension between all of them!

Hi Michelle!

I just boxed up my MMM entry and DH is going to mail it for me tomorrow. WHOOOHOOO!!! :regular_s I'm really happy with my entry. We'll see, though. I really don't expect to be one of the 10 Masters they pick, but I'd like to get one or two published at some point.

RachelS
07-22-2006, 09:37 AM
no he moved to philly a year or so before i moved down here

Charla
07-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Good luck, Sinead!! How long before you hear?

Hi Michelle! How are you??

It's 9:30 an Jasmine's still sleeping. Not a big surprise, since she was up 'til 11:30 last night. She's so cute :D

sinead
07-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Oh, they don't announce results until September or something. Jasmine is still asleep? Wow! Miss Maggie was up at 5:40 this morning (though I got two good nights of sleep, so it didn't seem as bad). I think she'd be up early no matter what time she went to bed. lol

Charla
07-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah, she just woke up about 10 minutes ago. And she usually sleeps even later if I don't leave her in bed by herself, but bring her out when I get up. She's nursing and acting like she might sleep some more now :D

sinead
07-22-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm glad she got some good rest!

Charla
07-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Me too. She's much happier when she gets enough sleep!

I thought i was wide awake but my eyes are getting droopy. So should I take a chance and go back to bed, with her, and risk waking her up completely, or do the not-so-comfortable and curl up on the chair here??

Either way, I think I need to wait 'til she falls asleep and stops wiggling!

dubois598
07-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Take the chance, go for the comfy bed! That way as soon as you lay down, you will fall asleep instead of being uncomfortable in the chair. :)

Charla
07-22-2006, 11:57 AM
i'm not doing either...she isn't sleeping. just nursing, playing with her sippy cup, and looking at what I'm doing. Silly girl :D

dubois598
07-22-2006, 12:09 PM
lol at least she isn't doing what mine is doing....she spilled her cocoa pebbles all over her step stool and her bed.:retarded: She normally watches tv while eating breakfast at her little table in the living room, but the bulb blew out on the tv so she has been watching it in her room, hence the eating on the bed. The bulb is supposed to be here Monday and that can't be soon enough..lol I am going to have to shampoo her carpets. She is a messy little eater!

scrapsandsass
07-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Charlene, glad the game went better than expected and you found some common ground topics to discuss. :)

Yeah, it is really weird to have Biological Ben and DH get along. Especially since DD was the result of basically a date rape situation. I'm over that whole thing now, but the really weird part was at graduation when DH, Biological Ben AND my ex were all there. DD's heart lies with my ex... so she had three fathers there. Daddy (my ex, who was part of her life from 2 yo on [and still thinks of her as his daughter]), Dad (Bio Ben) and Tim (step-dad). I'm not sure what she's going to do when she gets married!

I have a really good friend who had divorced parents who had remarried and hadn't spoken in 15 years, but they came together for her 25th b-day party and now her mom works for her step-mom and they are all getting along. Seems so funny.

scrapsandsass
07-22-2006, 01:30 PM
We were woken up early this morning too. We had a phone call at 6:20 am! I missed it by the time I got to the phone, but it was a 800 number, so then I checked our voicemail and it was a message that DH's parents alarm system was going off and there was an intrusion alert. DH called them and everything was okay. It has been so hot here that they ended up trying to open all of their windows to let some air in... I guess they opened one that was set on the alarm (they forgot about it). I'm glad all is well, but it sure got my adrenalin pumping early!

Now I'm really tired because we went to a drive-in movie last night. We went and saw Pirates. DH doesn't like movies (particularly) and really doesn't like Johnny Depp (jealous)... so it was a huge thing for him. :) We took the puppy and DH basically slept through most of the movie. It was such a hot evening that we thought it would be nice to be outside. It was; but it was still 78 at 1 am, so we didn't stay for the second movie (Cars) because it was too muggy and uncomfortable even with the windows open. It was nice to go out and do something though because we're usually homebodies.

AmyK
07-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi girls! Kimberlee, what did you think of Pirates? I'm hearing mixed reviews on it.

We finally got to sleep here at 2am last night. It was too hot to sleep, so we did some packing instead. The kids are both so grouchy this morning (they went to bed at 9 and at 11 but I don't think either of them slept well).

Does anybody have any ideas for how I can make packing fun for my 2 year old? He wants to help so much, but all I have figured out so far is to let him help me tape boxes and hand me the things that aren't too heavy.

RachelS
07-22-2006, 02:54 PM
hey girls! we just got back from a birthday party. the boys are passed out! yay! maybe i will try some scrapping. or a nap... definitely not going to clean even though i need to.

Charla
07-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I don't know, Amy. I had a similar problem with my youngest brother, but he was 6...I spent half the day we moved finding things that were small and light enough for him to carry!!

sinead
07-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Amy, can you make a box that's especially for his "special" things? Like snuggly things or stuff that he'll want fairly quickly at the new place? He could pack and unpack it all day long (I know my Maggie could be entertained doing that!). You could also tell him to pack it in one room and then when he was done you could drag it to another room and let him unpack it. Then repeat. It won't really be helping to pack, but it will be helping to distract him! lol

tamra
07-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Hello all! I'm just checking in from the local library here - I am out of town again until Monday! Couldn't keep myself away.
Charlene that stinks about Josh's fiance. Wow - pay for tickets to go to a game so she can read a book!

tamra
07-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Michelle, it's so nice to have you back! We did miss you :)

Charla
07-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Tamra, I agree. But she didn't bring a book...she did end up learning some about the game and chatting with us (when it wasn't too loud to talk). :)

Sinead, what a cool idea! I'll remember that for whenever we move (hopefully not too soon...we're in our 4th place since we got married. I'm ready to find a house and settle down for at least a few years, but I'm hoping that place isn't in NYS).

AmyK
07-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Sinead, thank you! I gave my little guy his own box, and he "packed" so much that I was able to get EVERYTHING out of our hall closet and packed up this morning. Woo hoo! That really works!!

RachelS
07-22-2006, 05:58 PM
that's terrific amy!

tamra, you're supposed to be on vacation aren't you!?!?!?

Charla
07-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Amy, that's wonderful!!

RachelS
07-22-2006, 06:01 PM
charlene, i'm glad she didn't read a book the whole time! what a relief!

dubois598
07-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Michelle, it's so nice to have you back! We did miss you :)

Glad to be back. :):teeth_smi

Amy--maybe let him do the drawer/cupboard with the plastic bowls/utensils? I know my 2yr old would be in heaven if I let her in there! Or his clothes and toys?

scrapsandsass
07-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi girls! Kimberlee, what did you think of Pirates? I'm hearing mixed reviews on it.

I thought it was okay. I don't think I've seen the first one all the way through, so I was a little confused in parts (not knowing who people were). The story was so-so... kind of predictible in some spots, but it was interesting. And the visual parts were amazing. Eye candy (Depp, Bloom, Knightley) and then all of the scenery and effects. Keira Knightley is so beautiful... I almost developed a girl crush. Hahahahha. I have never found Orlando Bloom to be attractive before, but he was in this movie. And Johnny Depp... *drool*... simple words can't describe it. :)

RachelS
07-22-2006, 07:34 PM
LOL! I guess I might have to go see Pirates now as well. I am really hoping to see Clerks II soon though. Ryan is super excited about it, so there is a chance we'll actually cough up the money to see it in the theater.

sinead
07-23-2006, 01:03 AM
YAY Amy!! Can you tell that I have had some of my own moments of desperation? lol I do online tutoring a couple of hours a day, and since Maggie has decided that she doesn't need to nap anymore, there have definitely been some days where I need to entertain her so that I can work without putting her in front of the TV all afternoon, kwim? I'm glad that you were able to get some stuff done. Progress!

scrapsandsass
07-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Ohmygosh! *gasp*

This thread died for about fifteen hours! I can't believe it. Where are all my chatty chicks??

ajoyfulheart
07-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Hiya chickadees!! :D I'm back in town now and am trying to get back into the swing of things...I'm hoping to be caught up on everything soon so that I can get things set up and start selling in the store!! I'm SO thrilled...heehee :)

I can't believe we survived our trip and didn't die of heat exhaustion...Texas was SOOOOO hot the last two weeks! It's much nicer here in Nashville...

Kelsey
07-23-2006, 05:19 PM
^^texas IS hot!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i looove high school musical :D

sinead
07-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Can't wait to see your new stuff, Jenn!

Cynnder
07-23-2006, 05:56 PM
boo ladies, LOL...

tamra
07-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Just popping in from the library again - I'm sorry ... can't help it!

AmyK
07-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Hello every-bod-eeee! (In my best imitation of Grover)

We have been packing nonstop today - the place is all boxes, and everyone has been demoted to live out of luggage for the rest of the week. It is so wild.

Jenn, welcome back! I can't wait to see what you're getting ready for your big debut.

sinead
07-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Amy, when are you guys actually moving? At the end of the week?

Good luck with all the packing. It's crazy how long it takes to pack a house!

RachelS
07-23-2006, 10:08 PM
gee i can't believe it died for that long. we have been out all day! we went to my SIL's house so our kids could play together, ended up swimming and going to the park. we JUST got home and put the kids in bed. man are they worn out.

RachelS
07-24-2006, 09:38 AM
morning chickies! i have been going to bed way early! it is awesome!!

hope the packing is almost done Amy!

sinead
07-24-2006, 09:53 AM
oh, I'm up, but I can't say that I went to bed early...unless I say early morning. Let's just say that we're already watching Sleeping Beauty. lol

Have a good day, girls! Today I think I'm going to be a slug!

Charla
07-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Good morning!

Jenn, can't wait to see :)

Amy, how wonderful to have that much packing done. When is moving day?

Rachel, how nice to be going to bed so early. What a lovely treat :D

Kelsey, what musical? I did two in high school (Bye-Bye Birdie and The Pajama Game) and loved being a part of it. The last two years of high school I was in the pit orchestra instead...much less time requirement!!

Jasmine is still asleep. Even after the weed whacker right outside the window, and now the lawn mower...I'm thrilled :) She was soooo good yesterday (4 hours each way to the Adirondacks, and a 3-hour lunch for Josh's Grandma's 80th b-day) but didn't sleep much. I'm glad we have most of the day to just relax. 'Til dancing tonight :D

Tamra, have they had a big announcement for you? I haven't seen anything...I still feel like we're not supposed to tell people, after keeping quiet for so long :D

Charla
07-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Sinead, hope you get some rest, whether or not it's an actual nap. Sorry about the short night!

RachelS
07-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Tamra, I went ahead and uploaded my first LO into the galleries and sent you links. I hope that was okay...

AmyK
07-24-2006, 11:17 AM
I am SO tired today. We finally got the baby to sleep at midnight, and I was up with her at 2:00, 4:30, and now for the day at 6:45. She is a party animal!

Dh was ultra stressed yesterday, and talked for several hours about packing up the van and sending me and the kids down to live with the in-laws while he finishes all the packing. So we worked nonstop yesterday - everything but the kitchen (and my one computer and stuff we need this week) is packed. He decided to chill out after seeing how much we got done. We have to be out by the 31st, but the house we're moving to won't be ready until sometime after August 1 - we're still not sure how it will all work. I have the feeling the kids and I will end up moving down tomorrow or Wednesday - we'll see. :whatchuta

Tamra, what's your announcement? Now my curiosity is getting the best of me!

sinead
07-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Glad you got more stuff done yesterday than you had thought. The baby is probably just sensing the stress and the general upheaval going on. It doesn't make packing and moving any easier, though.

Hang in there--you'll get through this soon! :regular_s

Kelsey
07-24-2006, 02:59 PM
[quote=berekah]Good morning!
Kelsey, what musical? I did two in high school (Bye-Bye Birdie and The Pajama Game) and loved being a part of it. The last two years of high school I was in the pit orchestra instead...much less time requirement!!
/quote]

High school musical! It's a disney channel movie....its awesome! haha and its REALLY successful....it got like # 1 in DVD sales, CD sales, and a whole bunch of other stuff. :)
I have been going crazy over it b/c the main characters are sooooo darn cute together!! (as the other fans do too)

I remember wehn i moved....i had 19 boxes just for my room....not including my furniture...i have a lot of stuff

Charla
07-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Ahh! I get it now :) Sounds like fun. I was kinda surprised you had time to do that on top of gymnastics, but there are people who keep insane schedules :D

Amy, I'm so glad you got so much done. I hope your last week goes smoothly and the transition is smooth and seamless :)

Looking forward to/nervous about dancing. I can't wait to add new steps, but really wish I could dance with JUST Josh. Oh well, I get to dance with him all week :) We've practiced nearly every day, which doesn't take long considering how little we know yet, so we should be ready for learning new steps!! I just hope everyone else practiced too, so we don't have to spend half the time re-hashing last week. :D

RachelS
07-24-2006, 05:33 PM
have fun dancing tonight!!

scrapsandsass
07-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Charlene, have fun tonight!

Kelsey, your new avatar is waaaay cool. :)

scrapsandsass
07-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Amy, sounds like you guys are doing a great job of knocking out all of the packing. Must be hard to do in this heat! How stressful!

scrapsandsass
07-24-2006, 08:55 PM
I see that Rachel is not just a "hot chick" any longer... but she is a STAR! Way to go! I feel like I'm so out of the loop!

Did Stacey hit 1000 this weekend? I'll have to scroll back and find one of her posts.

Wow, Sinead! You are one hot posting mama! :D

Jenn... looking forward to seeing your stuff!

RachelS
07-24-2006, 10:09 PM
yeah i hit STAR on friday i think... nobody posted a thread about it like they did when charlene got STAR... sniff sniff... LOL

thanks for noticing!!! :)

Kelsey
07-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Charlene, have fun tonight!

Kelsey, your new avatar is waaaay cool. :)
thanks! Its from my senior pics that i just got back!

RachelS
07-24-2006, 10:19 PM
ooh kelsey! i didn't notice your new avatar until just now! i agree! very cool!!!

Charla
07-24-2006, 10:38 PM
I'll start one, Rachel. It wasn't right after I hit Star, so there's still time :)

Sorry I hadn't noticed....

RachelS
07-24-2006, 11:30 PM
charlene! i was just joking!!!!!!!!!

RachelS
07-24-2006, 11:54 PM
why aren't you all over at polkadotpotato.com supporting tamra?!?!? (other than the fact that the chat room keeps booting us all out... LOL

tamra
07-25-2006, 12:00 AM
THANKS RACHEL! Your so sweet - seriously - glad to have you gals as friends:)

tamra
07-25-2006, 12:00 AM
ANd yes that dumb thing keeps kicking me out!

StaceyD
07-25-2006, 12:01 AM
I can't even get on the site now...getting the FORBIDDEN error message!

RachelS
yeah i can't even access the site at all now. who knows...

tamra
Kelsey, love your new avatar! You look so cute... (well, what i can anyway)

tamra
07-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Me too! or me neither!

RachelS
well... there goes my plans for the night

tamra
we can go chat in here for a bit -

StaceyD
07-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Kimberlee, thanks for thinking of me! :) Didn't hit 1000 yet.

Kelsey, love the new avatar. I love high school musical too!

RachelS
07-25-2006, 12:04 AM
coolio... i like chatting!

tamra
Oh I like high school musical too!

tamra
Stacey are you in?

RachelS
07-25-2006, 12:08 AM
chat chat chatting away!

StaceyD
07-25-2006, 12:18 AM
I'm in!

StaceyD
07-25-2006, 12:21 AM
10 more to 1000!!

tamra
07-25-2006, 01:10 AM
You're gettin close!

scrapsandsass
07-25-2006, 01:31 AM
Go Stacey!

Yay Tamra! I didn't realize that you were selling there. I checked out the site for a minute, but will definitely have to go back later when I have time to look around more. Congrats, girl!

scrapsandsass
07-25-2006, 01:32 AM
Darn! Missed chatting with you guys. Better luck next time. :(

tamra
07-25-2006, 03:03 AM
Kimberlee, sorry you missed chattin with us, and Thanks! I am a little disappointed right now because they only have 2 of my kits up. I actually have about 8 uploaded to the site ?! Don't know what's going on there... hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow!

StaceyD
07-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Morning everyone!

Kimberlee, sorry you missed us last night!

tamra
07-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Morning Stacey

Charla
07-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Tamra, I noticed that they only had two kits up. I hope they get more up quickly :D

I heard that the chat was more than the server could handle. How frustrating. THanks for PMing me about it, Stacey...Jasmine did nurse and go to sleep right after you wrote that. :D
You're so close...6 more posts!!!!!

tamra
07-25-2006, 12:01 PM
I know- that bothers me about the 2 kits! Stacey and Rachel have already heard me talk about this, so ya'll don't have to listen... It is frustrating to me because she only has 2 of my kits up and all the rest alphas. As you know, the alphas go with 2 specific kits that aren't even up so they match nothing. I hope all of my kits get put up today! I emailed them about it yesterday - she said she would check it out.

tamra
07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Go Stacey go!

Charla
07-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I thought that was kinda odd. I hope she gets it fixed today!

tamra
07-25-2006, 12:05 PM
me too :) sorry you missed chatting with us last night

tamra
07-25-2006, 12:05 PM
I showed them previews of 2 new kits - well one is a kit one is just a paper pack

StaceyD
07-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Yes, they need to get that fixed today! I was dreaming about it last night! LOL

StaceyD
07-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Here it is!! Post 1000!!!

Charla
07-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Woo-hoo!!!!!Yay Stacey!

tamra
07-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Yay Stacey!

tamra
07-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Charlene is there nothing for me between hot chick and 3,000? That's seems like such a big gap

Charla
07-25-2006, 12:16 PM
How funny that you dreamed about the kits.

I was worried I'd dream about Hunter (AngelinaS's nephew)...in reading more about him last night, I realized he's the same age as my brother, and similar in temperment. That was really hard...realizing how it would be for my family to go through that...it's so tragic.

Charla
07-25-2006, 12:17 PM
2500 is Digi Chick STAR, but it is still a big gap

StaceyD
07-25-2006, 12:24 PM
I was worried I'd dream about Hunter (AngelinaS's nephew)...in reading more about him last night, I realized he's the same age as my brother, and similar in temperment. That was really hard...realizing how it would be for my family to go through that...it's so tragic.

It is just awful! My heart breaks for that family.

tamra
07-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Mine too, I can't even image - nor want to :(

RachelS
07-25-2006, 01:03 PM
i'm with you guys on that. it's such a tragedy.

and woohoo stacey!

sinead
07-25-2006, 02:46 PM
yeah i hit STAR on friday i think... nobody posted a thread about it like they did when charlene got STAR... sniff sniff... LOL

thanks for noticing!!! :)

Rachel! I'm sorry I missed the turnover--I try to check every few days, but things were so crazy with all the cleaning and company that it totally flew out of my mind. I see that you have a thread now--yay for you! :regular_s It's awesome that you're a STAR now!

sinead
07-25-2006, 02:47 PM
why aren't you all over at polkadotpotato.com supporting tamra?!?!? (other than the fact that the chat room keeps booting us all out... LOL

Sorry I missed that! I was in arthritis hands hell last night. Charlene, I haven't had time to research that juice stuff yet, but it's on my to do list for this week! I hope the chat went well, Tamra!!

sinead
07-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Yay Stacey!

Tamra, I hope she gets the kit thing fixed for ya. Good luck with the selling! Maybe you can eventually sell here--that would rock! :regular_s

We went to the zoo today because it was a little cooler and Miss Maggie was locked inside the house all day yesterday (because she was up half the night and Mommy was exhausted). It's not as hot today according to the thermometer, but the humidity must be through the roof. Whew! I was glad to get home!

We go in for our OB appt on Thursday and we'll find out the gender. anybody want to guess? :regular_s

RachelS
07-25-2006, 02:55 PM
i think it's another girl.

Charla
07-25-2006, 02:55 PM
I've thought from the beginning that yours is a girl, and Marsha's is a boy. I was right with Jasmine, but my predictions about others is at about 50%.
Do you have any leanings? Is Maggie hoping one way or the other?

RachelS
07-25-2006, 03:30 PM
how about yours charlene? do you think it'll be a boy or a girl?? i'm guessing boy.

Charla
07-25-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm guessing boy, too. :) I won't be finding out though (hopefully, unless this one flaunts it at the u/s...8 more weeks!!) I loved being surprised with Jasmine (well, "surprised" is a strong word, since I never thought she was anything other than a girl) and look forward to that again.

sinead
07-25-2006, 03:36 PM
I've thought all along that mine will be a girl. Maggie is convinced that she's getting a sister. If this is a boy, he's probably going to be dressed up as a girl more times than he can count! lol

scrapsandsass
07-25-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm thinking girls all the way around. (I actually have no clue about such things, but that's what I'm throwing out there.)

When I was pregnant, they didn't do an ultrasound cause back then they only did them if they thought there was reason for concern... but based on the way I carried and the heartbeat, they told me I was having a boy. I had a boy's name picked out, but nothing for a girl. I was kind of freaked out about having a boy, but as long as it was healthy, that was all that mattered. When the doctor said, "It's a girl!" I was shocked... so was everyone else. Hahahhaa. My mom asked, "What are you going to name her... you didn't have anything picked out?" And without a thought, I said, "Jessica Christine" because I had dreamed that I was having twins (a boy and a girl) and I named them Jessica and Jordan.

tamra
07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
That's funny Kimberlee :) I knew what all of mine were before they did the ultra sound. I am the worst as picking out names though. THe family gets mad at me because i still don't even know after I have the baby. Well that's how it was with my girls. Micah was easy because we were naming him Micah whether a boy or a girl!

tamra
07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks Sinead! I would love to sell here one day ... ONE DAY!

tamra
07-25-2006, 04:29 PM
And I am going to be the odd ball and say that you are having a boy. I think Charlene is having another girl though :) I think Marsha will have a boy. I'm sure I will be wrong on all accounts!

Charla
07-25-2006, 04:33 PM
That's funny about the names, Tamra and Kimberlee.

"Jasmine" was chosen long before we talked about having kids, but we never did have a boy's name for her.
We have both chosen now (but they're secrets), though the boy's name isn't set in stone. I love it and already see this baby as having that name, but DH is still kinda hoping for the name I didn't give in on with Jasmine :)

Did/do any of you give your babies prenatal names? We called Jasmine "Jethro" (don't ask, long story) and this one is "Placido". Obviously it doesn't affect the name we actually use, so don't worry, lol :)

scrapsandsass
07-25-2006, 05:41 PM
When my mom was pregnant (at the same time as me), we called my baby sis "Prawn" because of the ultrasound. :)