PDA

View Full Version : the thread that wouldn't die

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

StaceyD
08-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Surely!

StaceyD
08-04-2006, 11:43 PM
And surely we lost huh? I am watching Titanic for the umteenth time...why do I watch it hoping the darn ship won't sink this time!?! LOL

RachelS
08-04-2006, 11:45 PM
i borrowed how to lose a guy in 10 days and under the tuscan sun from MIL... gonna have a girly movie night tonight! if i ever get in bed.

dubois598
08-05-2006, 12:05 AM
That is a good movie Rachel!

My wrist is going to break in two pretty soon! ROFL My goal is to get over 1000! I might have to stop and go scraplift a page or two! I have so many LO in my favorites right now, it isn't funny!

scrapsandsass
08-05-2006, 12:35 AM
I liked both of those movies... especially the hot guy in Under the Tuscan Sun. :) We're lucky that we're not having a heat wave... just a typical August so far. Whew!

Today was crazy at work (again) so I'm so glad that it is Friday and I'm at home finally.

We went to the pet stores to look for a pet door. We found one online that will open by microchip in the collar (so all of the stray pets can't come in), but the actual stores don't carry it. So we just grabbed a burger on the way home and are trying to relax now.

I need to get caught up on LOs! I did a bunch of love this morning and some this evening, but I get so braindead as to what to say. I feel like I say the same thing over and over. Sheesh! Maybe we need to have a creative writing exercise on comments. :)

Good luck on the 1000 mark Michelle, I'm sure you'll make it. :) I was checking to see when I'd become a "hot chick" and realized that I already had. So sad... I was striving to get there and then when I finally did, I didn't even know it. Hee hee hee.

RachelS
08-05-2006, 12:42 AM
congrats on becoming a hot chick kimberlee!!!

StaceyD
08-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Kimberlee, I was trying to figure out the other night when you reached 'hot chick!' I thought I was just going crazy and forgot when it happened!! So CONGRATS on becoming a HOT chick!!

dubois598
08-05-2006, 01:02 AM
I did it! I did it! ROFL I even went over a few. Although I feel like I can't spell anymore now. The fingers are not cooperating!

I know what you mean Kimberlee! I figure I had better stop for the night. I feel like I am typing the same thing over and over. I hate that!! We should get a creative comment class going..ROFL

Congrats on becoming a hot chick Kimberlee!!

scrapsandsass
08-05-2006, 01:02 AM
I was just watching Titanic the other night, Stacey... and my husband asked me if it was going to end differently this time. Hee hee. I just love Kate Winslet in that movie. I sooooo want to be her. :)

And as for the "hot chick" I wish that could happen in real life. It seems like lately, I can't keep DH awake at night. He's the king of snoring. :(

scrapsandsass
08-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Congrats Michelle! Man... you were fast! You rock! Maybe you'll win the contest. :)

dubois598
08-05-2006, 01:08 AM
I doubt it! ROFL There are those overseas chickies that always seem to get in there while I am sleeping..ROFL

Hot chick in real life?? Oh how I wish! ROFL ROFL

I bet my dh would out snore yours!! ROFL We don't have the stay awake problem, well, I guess we do. DD doesn't like to sleep so normally I end up sleeping with her otherwise she wakes up constantly during the night. She is very independent, so I am hoping one day she will tell me to get out! (wishful thinking!!) I want to sleep in my king size bed, not the twin size!

StaceyD
08-05-2006, 01:11 AM
Rock on Michelle for breaking 1,000!!!

RachelS
08-05-2006, 01:11 AM
yay michelle!!!

sinead
08-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Yay Michelle!

And Rachel, glad you've got a cool house again!

Off do scraplift somebody!

dubois598
08-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Thank you thank you..lol

I am TRYING to scrap but this dang "new gadget" (network attached storage device)that I bought is locking up my laptop...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr It doesn't play well with anti virus and firewall software. Sometimes I wish I just didn't HAVE to buy this new stuff!!! I think I need to wait a bit until they work out the bugs...

KimberlyGiarrusso
08-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Hey Michelle....I seee you!!!!! Too long since we chatted. Miss ya chickie. How's Katie??

Cynnder
08-05-2006, 02:26 AM
wowy look at all the night owls on!>>>yippee!!!! congrats on 1000 michelle!

Charla
08-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Man, Michelle, you're really flying! Good for you for making it to 1000 last night.
I agree...anyone got some new adjectives??? I stopped when I realized I was stuck on the same few words :)

Kimberlee, I was going to comment on your "hot chick" status, but figured for sure I had just missed it. Sorry...and congratulations! Sorry about your DH. They can be pretty silly sometimes :)

I should take a belly pic...I'm finally starting to show. Still wearing my normal shorts, though...I tried on post-partum ones this morning and they fell off...I can't get over it. I was in maternity by this point with Jasmine, but I was a little over-eager to get into maternity. This time I'm enjoying the freedom (and more clothing options) as long as I can. :)

Charla
08-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Michelle, did you go through my entire gallery and leave comments on every single layout?? I had so many comments from you this morning, I love it! And you said different things on each one. Thanks :)
(last contest, I had a couple people who wrote all on-word comments...nice, but not quite as meaningful, ya know? So thank you :) )

RachelS
08-05-2006, 10:32 AM
lol about the over eagerness to get into maternity clothes... i was like that my first pregnancy too!

man, i reached my upload limit! i'm gonna have to wait and wait and wait.... sigh... 2 new LOs to upload and nowhere (here at least) to do it!

Charla
08-05-2006, 10:54 AM
I noticed a couple that you had posted in multiple galleries. If one of those galleries is your own "member gallery," that doesn't need to be there...if you delete that one you'll have more room :)

(didn't look to see if this is helpful, but thought I'd offer!) :)

RachelS
08-05-2006, 12:04 PM
thanks charlene, but no it's not in my member gallery... the one i posted recently in multiple galleries was in heather's gallery (for CT) and the friendship one.... sigh... maybe she won't mind if i just post em to the friendship gallery for now.

Charla
08-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I figured it was probably something like that, but hoped...yeah, exactly. I'm kinda surprised they didn't lift the 5-layout limit, like they did during the last big "thing."

I've posted 200 times in the last just-over-24 hours. Unbelievable!! I won't be online tomorrow though, so don't know if i can pull it off.

and i'm hungry...Jasmine's asleep in my arms. I want an egg salad sandwich!!! (no, I don't have eggs boiled, so it's not gonna happen!)

sinead
08-05-2006, 12:08 PM
hmmm....good point, Charlene! I don't know if Laura had even thought of that. I'll suggest it and see what she says. :regular_s

Charla
08-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Michelle, i just saw what your post count started at. How on earth have you posted so many times??? I guess I don't need to worry about not being here tomorrow...even if you stopped now, I couldn't catch up :)

dubois598
08-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Hey Michelle....I seee you!!!!! Too long since we chatted. Miss ya chickie. How's Katie??

Kim!!!! :60:You posted right after my laptop froze AGAIN and I gave up! lol I miss talking to you too. Everytime I remember to sign on to Hello, no one is on..lol I promise I will try to remember to sign on right when I get Katie to bed. lol
The monster is doing great, growing like a weed. :retarded: Still doesn't like to sleep, she woke up at 4am this morning and wouldn't go back to sleep until around 6am so I am a little sleepy this morning! Oh well, this is the only time that this will happen, so as my mom says I better enjoy it because before long sleep will be all she will want to do! ROFL

Cynnder
08-05-2006, 12:19 PM
go ladies go!!!!!!!!!!! its a long weekend here this time...so I dont think Im gonna be here for much of the fun...:((

dubois598
08-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Michelle, did you go through my entire gallery and leave comments on every single layout?? I had so many comments from you this morning, I love it! And you said different things on each one. Thanks :)
(last contest, I had a couple people who wrote all on-word comments...nice, but not quite as meaningful, ya know? So thank you :) )

I clicked on show the last 14 days and then clicked in the middle and started commenting! lol I refuse to leave one comment comments. That to me is just rude, don't leave one if you can't type a few words!

And yes, you need to start with the belly shots! That is the one thing that I wanted to do but never did for some reason.

I have no clue how I got that many comments either! ROFL I just left my laptop on the counter and when I would walk by leave a few here and there all day long..lol I told you I had a goal! ROFL

StaceyD
08-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Deanna, how was your newborn photo shoot you had the other day?? Bet it was good practice for when your little one arrives!

I won't be around much this weekend either. Don't think I will get a chance to do any of the fun friendship scrapping. :(

dubois598
08-05-2006, 12:23 PM
go ladies go!!!!!!!!!!! its a long weekend here this time...so I dont think Im gonna be here for much of the fun...:((

Yuck! Do you have to work or do you have company coming?

StaceyD
08-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Never mind Deanna...just read your blog! Those pics are AWESOME!!! You did a great job!!

RachelS
08-05-2006, 12:51 PM
ooooh deanna!!! can i bring my babies to you for photos? LOL... maybe a long drive...

Cynnder
08-05-2006, 12:58 PM
well no real plans..but DH is home..so that means I dont want to be on the puter too much...not that you guys arent fun and all, but when he is home...I prefer not to sit glued here..KWIm....

Stacey and Rachel thanx you so much..I was so nervous about the whole thing, but in the end...it all turned out very well..someone above must have been guiding me!

sinead
08-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Hey guys--FYI...Laura is going to lift the LO posting limit for the weekend. :regular_s

Charla
08-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Yay :) Except that I don't know if I'll make more than 5 today anyways...

RachelS
08-05-2006, 04:16 PM
woohoo! i can upload all my new stuff.

Cynnder
08-05-2006, 06:31 PM
LMAO YIPEE!!!!! and thank you ladies for the comments about the pics..Im pretty happy with how they turned out...and I would love to come take some pics...too bad we are all so far away...phooey!

scrapsandsass
08-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Man... you guys are really cruising with your posts! I had a bunch of errands to do today, so I haven't been able to be online. Grrrr. I've got a list of LOs to do!!

Oh Deanna... those pictures are amazing. I'm so glad you posted them on your blog. You are so very talented.

DH invited his parents over for an early "dinner" tomorrow. Which means I won't get any scrapping/online time. They are the sweetest people and the most wonderful ILs anyone could ask for, but when they come over, it is never just a regular dinner... it is an event. :)

Charla
08-06-2006, 12:09 AM
I'm done for the weekend. I won't be online at all tomorrow, but I did okay...I think I'm close to 300, which is wayyyy more than I expected. And the scary thing is, I didn't get any further back than the last 36 hours or so (I did it the opposite way of Michelle. Next time I'm doing it your way!) :)

Kimberlee, have fun with your ILs. Glad you enjoy them, even if it is time away from scrapping. We'll be with my ILs tomorrow too. They need their Jasmine fix :)

StaceyD
08-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Tomorrow must be IL day! Mine are coming over...ack the house is a mess.

RachelS
08-06-2006, 12:38 AM
gosh i had inlaw week... staying there cuz of the a/c problem... i'm glad tomorrow will be inlaw free for me. i need a break!!! LOL.

seriously they are great but there comes a time when you need a break.

RachelS
08-06-2006, 01:24 AM
stacey's blog got a facelift!!!! it's cute!!

StaceyD
08-06-2006, 01:26 AM
LOL! Ack Rachel...now I gotta update! Hmmm...maybe tomorrow!

Cynnder
08-06-2006, 01:41 AM
wow you ladies are the most amazing posters EVER!!!! Im ashamed to think I have like 50 maybe....

Charla
08-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Stacey, it looks great :) Love it!!

Rachel, can I tell you how much it means to me to be scraplifted??? I was telling DH that I'd love to be lifted, but that I'd never mention it here because I didn't want people to do it because they felt like they had to. So you totally made my day!!

Gotta keep getting ready for church, but had to stop in and see what was up this morning. I'll be scarce today, but I'll do some posting tonight when Jasmine nurses to sleep :)

Cynnder
08-06-2006, 02:12 PM
looks like everyone is taking it slower today... Have a great Sunday Ladies!

Kelsey
08-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Ahhh....school starts tomorrow!

I get to start the day with AP Economics!!! yay....haha right....and on B days I get to start with Pre-Cal [/sarcasm]! but BOTh days end with photography, so its good :D

dubois598
08-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Photography is good, math is not...lol Don't ask me for any help or you would end up with an F-------:retarded:

Just got back from a joy ride with Katie while Chad is mowing the lawn..hehe I made him do it for once. When he is done, we are going to drop Katie off at the inlaws and go for a ride down by the river where it is cool!! Then probably out to eat somewhere. Normally I just go by myself, but I have to share now and then..lol

I finally figured out a fix for my hardware problem, so I will be scrapping tonight..finally!! Have a great day everyone!!

scrapsandsass
08-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Glad you found a solution, Michelle.

Good luck with the first day, Kelsey!

Charlene, you are just so cute. :)

It is a slower day today. I was up late last night and still didn't get much accomplished.

I snuck on today while DH ran to the store... his parents should be here soon and I desperately need to vacuum! EEK!

Are you guys going to be on the chat later? I don't want to miss it!

RachelS
08-06-2006, 05:23 PM
when is the chat later?

scrapsandsass
08-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Chat is at 9 EST... about ten minutes now. Whoo-hoo!

RachelS
08-06-2006, 10:22 PM
woohoo!!!! i love chats!!!

StaceyD
08-06-2006, 11:19 PM
You girls rocked it out at the chat!!! Congrats!!

shawnyrvr
08-06-2006, 11:35 PM
That was fun!!! It was good to meet you all... Rachel, ScrapandSass, StaceyD, Tamra...
Wasn't Mari's Kit lovely? Thanks for the invite to your never ending thread! Shawna

dubois598
08-06-2006, 11:57 PM
I always miss chats! They always seem to be at Katie's bedtime or if it is later, she won't go to sleep:retarded: I think she just knows..lol Did everyone have fun??

RachelS
08-07-2006, 12:11 AM
no problem shawna! the never ending thread rocks!!!

michelle, it was awesome! so sorry you couldn't come!

pdking
08-07-2006, 12:50 AM
had to jump in here..this is the song that never ends....it goes on and on my friends...lol

dubois598
08-07-2006, 01:00 AM
lol, don't know that song, but we could sing we are the champions by queen...ROFL ROFL

dubois598
08-07-2006, 01:01 AM
no problem shawna! the never ending thread rocks!!!

michelle, it was awesome! so sorry you couldn't come!

Me tooooo!! I always made the chats later at DSW so that I could go to them...lol

tamra
08-07-2006, 04:33 AM
Okay, it's 2:30 in the morning! I'm all alone- everyone is sleeping but it had been too long since I got to check up on the thread! Taking a very short break to catch up on what's been going on :)

tamra
08-07-2006, 04:34 AM
I'm not gonna comment on everything I've missed because I know I will miss something so I will just say... "Hi chickies - I've missed you!" Just so you know, I have been thinking of you while I've been packing!

tamra
08-07-2006, 04:35 AM
I will say welcome to Shawna though. Glad you came over to our thread - this is the happenin' place to be :) Nice meeting you at the chat!

tamra
08-07-2006, 04:35 AM
back to packing...

like how i did 4 posts :) I need to catch up!

RachelS
08-07-2006, 09:07 AM
tamra, you are so funny!

Charla
08-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Good morning girls!

Michelle, did you see that you won?? Good for you :D

Welcome, Shawna and pdking (sorry, don't know your real name) :D This is a fun place to hang out, but be forwarned...we all consider ourselves dorks :P

sinead
08-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Dang, Charlene, you're fast!! lol!

Michelle, Congrats, girl! And thanks to all of my chatty buddies--you guys were the highest on the list for the praise contest. You rock!

I haven't had much of a chance to do much posting this weekend (too much behind the scenes and at home with Maggie and DH), but I'm going to get caught up on the gallery today. Also trying to get the Friendship Card package all put together--wait til you see what's in there! Whooohooo!!!

Later taters!

dubois598
08-07-2006, 10:52 AM
I won, I won! lol I figured Karen would come on after I went to bed and blast me out of the water like last time..lol AND since I couldn't scrap on my laptop until last night, I figured I might as well leave some love.:heart:

StaceyD
08-07-2006, 10:53 AM
YAY Michelle!!! Congrats to everyone else who won too!!! You guys rock!!!

StaceyD
08-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Welcom Shawna and pdking!

StaceyD
08-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Sinead, thanks for all your hard work this weekend. It was such great event!! I am just sorry I couldn't play along!

dubois598
08-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Sinead, thanks for all your hard work this weekend. It was such great event!! I am just sorry I couldn't play along!

I second this! I just wish I had been able to scrap more! oh well, next time I will be ready!!

RachelS
08-07-2006, 11:01 AM
yes thanks sinead!!!!

congrats to all who won! you guys rock!!

Charla
08-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Heehee thanks :)

I'm glad I was able to spend so much time online...usually I barely see the computer during the weekend, so thanks for having it this weekend (and not next weekend...have a wedding and DH is in it, so that would have been sad).

Thanks, Sinead, and all who did so much to get it all running smoothly. And thanks for not having a scavenger hunt or BINGO game...those were such a blast but slowed the site down soooooo much :)

Cynnder
08-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I have to agree...it was superbly organized....Im sad I wasnt able to be here more, and scrap some...but I tried to pop in as much as I could...CONGRATS to TDC!

scrapsandsass
08-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Ditto everything else everyone said.

Charlene, we missed you on the chat... you too Michelle. :) We also missed Tamra every time she left. Hee hee hee.

Hi shawnyrvr and pdking. :)

Sinead, you did a fan-tab-u-lous job making an awesome weekend. All of the chickies pulled off an amazing event. Big hugs and thanks to all of you. I really liked the treasure hunts... but I think that people get too cranky because of the site slowing down. The atmosphere for this weekend's stuff was just right. :)

I ended up bailing out on a wedding I was supposed to go to for the daughter of a distant family friend because I wanted to be in on the activities and the chat... then I heard a noise and looked out the window... their horse-drawn carriage drove past my house after the ceremony, so I felt kinda guilty. :) But it was much more fun hanging out with you guys!

scrapsandsass
08-07-2006, 02:36 PM
yes thanks sinead!!!!

congrats to all who won! you guys rock!!

Speaking of rocking... you totally rocked the trivia contest!!! For those of you who missed it, Rachel was getting all of the questions right and was so lightning quick, she was taking everyone by storm. BUT she is sweet and generous and ended up giving up her other prizes. :) What a gal!

Charla
08-07-2006, 02:40 PM
That's awesome, Rachel :) Good for you!

Kimberlee, I laughed out loud. Are our priorities a little funky or what?? I totally know what you mean...I wanted to stay up even though Jasmine was asleep, just to leave more comments. But I was "good" and went to bed (and had a horrible night. She woke up every 90 minutes, like clockwork) I shoulda stayed up and spent time with my friends :D

scrapsandsass
08-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I know. My priorities are whacked out. :) But in my defense, the wedding was one where they really aren't going to care if I was there or not... I got an invite mostly as an obligatory thing... AND they want a present. :) Their family is weird that way. My mom didn't even go and she works with most of the family.

We also had my in-laws over for an afternoon dinner, so that didn't work with the wedding schedule either. I just lucked out that my ILs left before the chat. :) They are in their 80s, so they were tired as soon as we were done eating. :) They are sooo cute. :)

Man... that's rough, Charlene. Jasmine seems to be going through that phase right now with the sleeping issues. Actually, someone last night was talking about how it must be going around because other kids aren't sleeping as well. Have you guys changed your routine or something that would cause her to be on a different schedule? Hopefully it will straighten itself out soon! You need your rest!

scrapsandsass
08-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Okay... this is totally weird. Our server is down at work. No one can get connected to the server, no one can use email and the internet really isn't working. But... since I got on this site first thing this morning, and haven't closed the window, it is still allowing me to be on. I can't get any other websites. I now believe that it is a sign. I am supposed to be on TDC today. :) That's what I'll tell my boss if she finds out. That it was meant to be. :) Bwahahahahha.

Charla
08-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Sounds like a good excuse to me :D

Yesterday was a crazy day, she missed any and all naps, and was instead entertained and amused by ILs all day. So I'm not at all surprised she didn't sleep. Just kinda frustrated, since I was tired too.

I'm so excited! I think I'm also more than slightly crazy. I'm going to be playing in the Pit Orchestra of a musical my church is putting on next Easter. They're doing 5 performances, over 2 weekends, two at the church and three at the opera house nearby. And I'll have a one-month old!! Yeah, can anyone say nuts?? I'll likely pump so Josh can feed him/her if necessary (something I never had to do with Jasmine) and if they're at the rehearsals and shows, I can nurse the baby during intermission.

Hopefully this will be a more easy-going baby than Jasmine was though...she wanted to be walked, 24/7, for the first few months of her life. Which is so funny to me, as she's playing under her "throne" right now, babbling to her toy, and totally not needing me to entertain her! I'm glad she's mellowed...that was a rough start.

Cynnder
08-07-2006, 05:37 PM
LMAO Kimberlee..thats funny!!!!!

Kelsey
08-07-2006, 09:01 PM
:) I had a good 1st day...minus that i didnt get to see my best friends. then work after was just kinda organized chaos. I watch kids at an after school program at my brothers old elementary school

sinead
08-07-2006, 09:11 PM

Thanks!! I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

sinead
08-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Heehee thanks :)

Thanks, Sinead, and all who did so much to get it all running smoothly. And thanks for not having a scavenger hunt or BINGO game...those were such a blast but slowed the site down soooooo much :)

We were talking about doing some sort of scavenger hunt (though a little different this time), but there were so many people who were busy or already overcommitted that we thought this might work out better this time around. :regular_s (Plus, James, are awesome tech guy was out of town, I think...hopefully when we do something like that he'll be in town and able to help if we hit any slow snags.)

sinead
08-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Charlene, that sounds like fun!

Kimberlee, it MUST be a sign!

Kelsey, glad it was a good 1st day!!

RachelS
08-07-2006, 10:18 PM
hey y'all... my sister just called and told me a secret.... a really good one and now i am busting at the seams trying not to call everyone i know and tell them. so i'll tell you guys since you don't know her.... she and BIL are TTC!!!

StaceyD
08-07-2006, 10:38 PM
YAY!!! How exciting Rachel!!!

Charla
08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Rachel, how exciting! How long have they been married?

We had our fourth dance class tonight. So much fun! And they're looking at having an intermediate class after this, changing to Tuesdays because Mondays are booked for her. I think we're gonna do it! I'm a little curious as to how much it will change for me, as my belly starts to grow, but I think we can do it :) It's such a good time out for us, and it's awesome exercise too :)

RachelS
08-07-2006, 11:12 PM
they just got married july 1 but they have been together for nearly 6 years. and my sister already has a 6 yr old son (different dad) so they don't want the kids to be too far apart in age

sinead
08-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Exciting, Rachel!

Sounds like fun, Charlene!

RachelS
08-07-2006, 11:42 PM
isn't that Cool Cool Summer kit just awesome??? did you check it out? did you want to buy it but didn't? PM me...

sinead
08-08-2006, 12:01 AM
It's awesome, isn't it? I'm lucky enough to be on Mari's team (and Val's and Marsha's), so I got it last week...I'm LOVIN' it! Man, and the My Pj's one from the chat is rockin', too, isn't it?!

RachelS
08-08-2006, 12:07 AM
it is sooo great! and i have 2! gotta give one away!

StaceyD
08-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Pm'd you!

RachelS
08-08-2006, 12:34 AM
cool! stacey gets a new kit!

RachelS
08-08-2006, 12:46 AM
you all should be so proud of me!!!! i made a friend!!!!! in real life no less!!! my new neighbor is absolutely wonderful and her kids get along great with mine!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe this wouldn't be as exciting for you as it is for me but i seriously have no friends down here except MIL and i don't think MILs really count)

sinead
08-08-2006, 01:53 AM
lol rachel! yay for you!

Charla
08-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Rachel, that's awesome! I know what you mean...I don't really have any friends here either. I know no-one that I'm not related to. Pretty sad. How cool that the kids get along so well too :)

dubois598
08-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Woohoo congrats on winning the kit Stacey! lol

Maybe we should just all move by each other, then we could have IRL friends! My whole neighborhood has kids that are 4 and/or 7. Katie is as tall as the 4 year olds, so she plays with them, but they don't realize that she isn't 4, but 2. Sooo, it makes it a little hard because I always have to watch them play where the other parents just let them go off and play. AND everyone here is a paper scrapper and they look at me like I have things growing out of my head when I tell them I am strictly digital. So, I don't get invited to a lot of their stuff. They must be afraid of the unknown..lol

Cynnder
08-08-2006, 11:36 AM
it would be so cool to get together with you all...I have met 2 online friends so far, and it was a hoot! Im out in the country..so I really dont have a pile of close friends I see everyday, I have to pack up the kids for that!

dubois598
08-08-2006, 11:44 AM
I am with you there Deanna. I live in a little town (right next to the one I grew up in) which is about 35 miles north of the Twin Cities. I don't really care for most of the people I went to school with. They were into drugs and still are. Except now they all graduated to meth. I get to hear all of it because a good friend of ours in a public defender in the area. (That makes me appreciate what I have all the more!!) So yeah, I have no friends..lol

I haven't meet anyone IRL that I met online! I think it would be fun, but most that I met from when I first started digi live in the southern part of the states. With my monster, there was NO traveling! I didn't even get to go see my parents when they lived in Oregon.

Charla
08-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah, it would be so much fun to get together :)

I've met one of mom's online friends, and DH and I met online, but I have an ever-growing list of people I'd like to meet up with. Rachel's the most likely since my grandparents are only an hour or two from her, but I'd love to find the excuse to meet with all of you :D

RachelS
08-08-2006, 12:16 PM
charlene, don't you think it's about time you paid your grandparents a visit??? i know they would love to see jasmine! LOL...

RachelS
08-08-2006, 12:17 PM
if i get really brave, maybe i could drive over to alabama to visit sinead!

Charla
08-08-2006, 12:21 PM
LOL Rachel. I mentioned to Josh that maybe we can do that next summer. Fly to Atlanta and rent a car to go the rest of the way. I can't imagine her in the car for 17 hours! Josh hasn't been there yet...they live on a lake in a gorgeous house and I know he'll enjoy it there...we just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

RachelS
08-08-2006, 12:26 PM
what lake do they live on? (MIL has a boat but i don't recall which lake it's on)

Charla
08-08-2006, 12:49 PM
It's part of the TVA, but I don't know the name of the lake. They're about 30 minutes from the border of TN. Does that help?? :)

scrapsandsass
08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
It would be sooooo cool to meet you all. But I'm clear over in WA. I could hook up with Nonnie and AmyK since they are in WA and within a reasonable day trip (driving distance). Actually, Nonnie and I discussed it before when DD was thinking of going to Western for winter quarter... I'd have to pass Nonnie's area to get to Western.

I've met online friends before. I had one guy I dated (from PA) but I broke it off because he was pressuring me to drop everything and move cross country. I guess then I could have been a SAHM, but it made me too nervous. I also met a handful of people from an online writing group. We went to a writers' festival in Canada last year, so I met one guy from Australia and some others from Canada, so it was kind of neat; although now the group has kind of dissolved and no one keeps in touch.

I have friends IRL, but I never have time to see them. We all got together in May for Casey's bridal shower and wedding, but haven't really seen the group since. I think they are all mad at me right now because I've been so out of the loop and haven't been able to make it when they have gotten together. So when I've emailed them recently, only Casey responds (I saw her while I was out of the office during the training for my project). :( I have another friend (from grade school) who lives out in the toolies, so I don't get to see her much... but whenever we talk/catch up... it is like family. :)

I hope it is okay if I call you guys my friends because even if it isn't, I'm telling people that anyway. Hee hee hee.

sinead
08-08-2006, 06:46 PM
if i get really brave, maybe i could drive over to alabama to visit sinead!

Rachel, keep your fingers crossed this week. It might be MUCH MUCH less of a drive soon. maybe. :tongwink:

sinead
08-08-2006, 06:49 PM
I've got a bunch of IRL friends in Atlanta and in Raleigh, but haven't met many people here. We socialize with one family fairly often and there are a few friends we've made through them, but other than that, nothing really. It's odd...so different from the way I've been the rest of my life.

RachelS
08-08-2006, 06:56 PM
oh sinead i am totally crossing them!!!!!!!!!!

sinead
08-08-2006, 07:02 PM
we'll see...we'll know something soon.

Hey--where's AmyK these days? busy with the move and stuff? Anybody heard from her at all?

scrapsandsass
08-08-2006, 07:13 PM
No... I've wondered about that. I know she said that she had expected to move and then her kits would be showing up in the boutique that Monday... but I think that was two Mondays ago.

RachelS
08-08-2006, 07:29 PM
i was getting kinda worried cuz she's been gone so long

ccouch
08-08-2006, 09:37 PM
LOL Rachel. I mentioned to Josh that maybe we can do that next summer. Fly to Atlanta and rent a car to go the rest of the way. I can't imagine her in the car for 17 hours! Josh hasn't been there yet...they live on a lake in a gorgeous house and I know he'll enjoy it there...we just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

hey girl :) we live in tx and my whole family is in the NC/GA mountains. it's about a 17-18 hour drive and we've made it about 3 times w/ camille. dvd players are a godsend - we picked ours up at walmart for around 90 bucks - worth every penny! driving at night is also a huge plus, but we've got to where we don't like doing that anymore. we drive during the day, and stop some place for the night. breaking it up into 2 long days. much easier on all of us. other great things: colorwonder fingerpaints & markers, doodlepads, books, lotion (for massaging sore little legs & shoulders). good luck!

ccouch
08-08-2006, 09:39 PM
what about marsha z? haven't seen her around?

and...i would so LOVE to have a little digichick party with all you gals. would it not be the most fun to get together for a weekend??

sinead
08-08-2006, 09:53 PM
I checked Amy's blog. She said that they're all moved on, but she hasn't gotten internet access yet...

RachelS
08-09-2006, 12:02 AM
ahhh! good thinking sinead!!

RachelS
08-09-2006, 12:05 AM
oh yeah DH came home tonight. finally... 8 days is a long time for me with all the hubbub with the a/c and all. come to find out, the university they were doing work at has another job going with DH's company but the guys who are doing it are about to get kicked off the job for being lazy. so.... guess who is probably going to be spending another month and a half gone except for some weekends??? ARGH!!!! it drives me nuts. i wish he had a different job!!

sinead
08-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Yick. That stinks, Rachel! What does he do that has him gone so much?

Christine...not a PM, but can you share that sleep stuff we were chatting about?

dubois598
08-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Yes, please share the sleep stuff Christine! :)

RachelS
08-09-2006, 12:13 AM
sinead, he installs high-end audio visual equipment. like projectors and screens and all kinds of stuff i have no idea about. he also builds the big racks of a/v equipment that go in the rooms or closets or something to make everything run right.

sinead
08-09-2006, 12:14 AM
ahhh...cool. but sucks that he's got to be gone so much!

scrapsandsass
08-09-2006, 12:50 AM
That's such a bummer, Rachel! :(

I think that we should all figure out a "digichick conference" and plan it like at least a year away so we can all plan/save... have it somewhere in the middle... and see how many people can come. :)

RachelS
08-09-2006, 09:11 AM
sounds good to me!!! i would love to meet all of you guys! you know... atlanta is a great place... LOL

sinead
08-09-2006, 09:22 AM
lol--with you on that one, Rachel! Cheap to fly into...close for me to drive... hehehe

RachelS
08-09-2006, 09:38 AM
i'm just sayin.... it is cheaper to fly into a major hub like atlanta, there are tons of great hotels, there is lots to do if you need to bring your kids and/or hubby, and y'all can come over to my house for a party! LOL well... that last part might not be too exciting for everyone but still. i vote for atlanta or chicago. or somewhere i can get a cheap, nonstop flight.

Charla
08-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Atlanta definitely has a big airport, so I'd think everyone could get direct or almost direct flights. Sounds good to me :)

Or y'all could come here, and we could go to Niagara Falls (c'mon, tell me that's your number one destination???) :D

Wouldn't we have a blast??

DST started a thread about where everyone was from, and someone made a Google map with pinpoints for everyone. Maybe I'll go start one of those here...it would be really cool to see. :) Then we could find a good meeting point :)

dubois598
08-09-2006, 10:58 AM
I am all for a cheap direct short flight!

That would be fun!

Oh and by the way, I added all of you to my bloglines...muhahahaha you are officially stalked! lol

RachelS
08-09-2006, 11:25 AM
really? someone somewhere wants to read my blog??? holy cow!

Charla
08-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Fun, Michelle :)

I like the line from "Bambi" (a movie I hate, but I won't go into that): "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all." So I may be pretty quiet today.

But I *heart* you all :D

dubois598
08-09-2006, 11:37 AM
hello, my name is Michelle and I am a blog addict....along with all my other addictions...:retarded:

I hope you have a GOOD day Charlene! :regular_s Think good thoughts! :island:

RachelS
08-09-2006, 11:40 AM
sorry today has started out badly charlene. hopefully it will get better shortly! oh yeah... i completely forgot to mention this, but thank you so much for the magazines!!! i have about a million pages marked in the first one i opened with tons of great ideas for so many things!!! you rock my world girly!!!

Charla
08-09-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm so glad, Rachel. Isn't it awesome?? I've got a couple more sitting here, waiting for me to devour. :)

Thanks, both of you. (love the island "smilie," Michelle.) Things are improving a bit, but I hate days like this. Three nights of very interrupted sleep certainly didn't help!!

scrapsandsass
08-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Sorry to read about your rough day, Charlene. :( So cool that you did the map thing. It is exciting to see where everyone is.

One step closer to a get-together.

Cynnder
08-09-2006, 10:16 PM
off to check if they are any other canuks on...

sinead
08-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Hang in there, Charlene! I hope there's sleep there tonight and that tomorrow looks better!

Charla
08-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Deanna, there's at least one other...in NS, so it looks like she's in the States. But you're not alone :D

Thanks, Sinead. Me too. The day got better as it went on, but the morning was just horrible. (and the evening was a little disappointing: we went out to the dance supply store to look at dancing shoes, but they close at 5:30 on Wednesdays. How crazy is that??)

ccouch
08-09-2006, 11:36 PM
well, rachel, i'm from tha' ATL, so i would totally love to come party in duluth!!

a trip to GA comes with family obligations for me, though....i would have to go and visit familiy, and it's always so hard seeing this person for a day, that person for a few hours, scooting over here and there, and so forth.... never quite feels like a vacation, kwim?

RachelS
08-09-2006, 11:38 PM
christine, i know exactly how you feel. it is always like that when we go to indiana. ALL of my family plus 98% of DH's family lives in central indiana. it's ridiculous.

ccouch
08-09-2006, 11:49 PM
most recently, we've just been staying at my grandparents' house when we come and have everyone come to us :) it's been much easier that way. we see fewer people, but it's much more relaxing, and i feel that spending our time with my grandparents (who are in their late 80s) is really the most important thing. i cherish being able to share camille with them - it's so hard living far away from family!

sinead
08-10-2006, 12:04 AM
That's what happens when we go to LaGrange (where my parents are) or Atlanta (where DH's parents are). We pretty much spend time with family. We don't spend as much time with our friends as we should but like you said==I'd rather Maggie spend more time with our families.

Atlanta is only 3 hrs away from where we are right now (2.5, really), though, so it's an easy trip! Plus my parents are in LaGrange (only an hour from Atlanta)...also an easy drive.

Oh, and Charlene, I SO know what you mean about bad days. Today was one of those. I tried to get some work done at lunchtime, and Miss Maggie took that opportunity to draw a picture on my green check chair with BLUE crayon!! NOT a happy moment!! Granted, it's an old chair and half scratched up by the cats, but it's the principle of things. Oh well...it was an ugly ugly time. lol

ccouch
08-10-2006, 12:49 AM
oh, LaGrange....I have so many memories of going there w/ my grandparents as a kid. They lived in Woodbury at that time & we would go over to LaGrange for shopping and whatnot. I can't remember the name of that dept store just off the square, but we'd go there all the time! Gosh, I miss home!!

Texas is big and all, but it just isn't home :(

sinead
08-10-2006, 02:14 AM
Mansour's...they have since sold out. It's still called Mansour's, but it's not like it used to be. It's more like Kohl's now, probably.

Small world, huh? :regular_s You'd be surprised at how much LaGrange has changed just in the last 5 years.

RachelS
08-10-2006, 09:28 AM
i haven't lived here long, but DH tells me all the time that things around here have changed drastically since he moved here after high school (been about 5 years now)

sinead
08-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah, DH grew up in Lilburn and he's always amazed at how different Pleasant Hill Rd and that area around Gwinnett Place/Satellite Blvd looks every time we're there.

Can I just say that 3 or 4 hours of sleep does not make for a happy mommy? I think I caught Charlene's bad day!

Charla
08-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Sorry, Sinead!! I thought yours was yesterday too?? Your day got worse as mine got better!

I think Jasmine and I stole your sleep. Sorry!! Hope it improves for you :)

(we got more sleep last night than we've had in weeks, the Yankees won, the Red Sox lost, and we might try again tonight to find dancing shoes. I'm a happy girl!) :D

sinead
08-10-2006, 09:56 AM
lol I'm glad your day got better. Maybe mine will, too. I'm not sure what the heck was going on with Maggie, but she was WIDE AWAKE at 2:30. At 4 I gave up and woke DH up and passed shift responsibility over to him. At least he got 6 hrs of sleep!

RachelS
08-10-2006, 10:49 AM
sinead, i live right off of pleasant hill rd. and it's still changing even today!!! in fact they are widening it near buford highway and causing me no end of grief with the construction (it's right on the way to our favorite park and bookstore)

Cynnder
08-10-2006, 11:10 AM
happy thursday ladies...im off busy agian today..i miss ytou all...i feel so outta the loop..WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

RachelS
08-10-2006, 01:35 PM
woohoo! i've done lots of cleaning today (landlord is putting the house for sale soon so i HAVE to keep it nice). and i finally figured out a good way to block the baby from getting into the fireplace.

sinead
08-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Yay Rachel! In our old house we had a whole obstacle course set up in front of the fireplace. Haven't had to do that in this house, but once the new baby comes and gets mobile, I'm sure we'll have that battle all over again. Glad you're getting some cleaning done!

ccouch
08-10-2006, 02:43 PM
ooh....i have a cool tip for fireplace blockage! i came up w/ this and get compliments on it everytime a new mom comes over. it may not work for all, but....

go to home depot. or whatever home impr. store, and pick up a piece of plexiglass. there is a size (can't remember which) that was perfectly suited to my fireplace opening. take painters' masking tape and mark off whatever design you'd like to use, spray with the window frosting spray paint. let dry. remove tape. add heavy duty magnets to the back side using some kind of super-strength epoxy. dry.

this works, i guess, only with the fireplace surrounds that have metal (like ours). and certainly wouldn't work if you were planning on having a fire - total meltdown!! but, hopefully this will help someone :) i'll send a pic of mine if you guys are curious.

happy thursday everyone :)

sinead
08-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Super cool idea, Christine! Please share pics! Oh, and a PSA about those fireplaces with glass doors... A friend was touring model homes in their future neighborhood. It was the middle of the summer, so she didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the fireplace in one of the living rooms. Apparently, though, the gas firelogs were on and the glass doors were SUPER hot. Her 18 month old got 2nd and 3rd degree burns because he went up and put both palms flat against the doors. He's now got major scarring and will probably have loss of function in his hands forever. Scary, huh?? The talk about fireplaces just reminded me...

I popped back over to share a little funny. I just sat down to read my first essay of the day. In the first line was this typo which just struck me as really funny: There is a major epidemic in the Untied States... You might not think it's as funny as I do (remember, I'm working on about 3 hrs of sleep!), but it cracked me up!

scrapsandsass
08-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Morning ladies. Actually, it is getting close to noon. I'm dragging today. I totally feel for you who have no/little sleep.

Last night, I was so tired, and I drifted off shortly after 10:00. My DD woke me at 1:00 because my MIL was on the phone. I was so out of it I hadn't even heard the phone, so luckily she was still awake! Anyway, MIL was stressed out because FIL was having severe pain in his head/neck and felt like he needed to go to the hospital. He thought that he could possibly drive them (she can't drive at all), but I didn't think that was such a good idea. I got DH up and we drove out to Tacoma to pick them up and take them to the ER. MIL was so nervous and stressed out, she ended up setting off their security system and then couldn't find her key, so then we had to deal with getting that off/straightened out before we headed out.

The medical powers that be decided that it was arthritis with an added complication of muscle spasms. So they sent us out into the morning with a prescription to get filled at 3:15! Luckily, there is a 24-hour Walgreens near their house. We dropped it off and then took ILs back home to get them settled while we went back to pick up the meds. We got home a little after 4 and I totally relished the feeling of being in bed. Then one of the cats started going crazy, so I put her out. Then the other cat wanted in. Then a stray stood outside and meowed for several minutes... and then Jack wanted back out.... so I finally got to sleep at 5:00. Yikes! DH got up at 8:00 because he had a meeting he couldn't miss. I slept for maybe 20 minutes more, but then DD got home from her early morning class and then my boss called, so my eyelids are droopy!

I'm just glad that FIL is okay. He's 82 and MIL is 85... but she's really frail and he does a lot to take care of her... so she gets all freaked out if there is something going on with him.

*YAWN*

scrapsandsass
08-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Oh... this is totally off any subject... BUT... I sat down at the family computer in the living room because I didn't want to drag my laptop out. We have an armoire-type cabinet that the computer sits in. The door was open and I happened to glance at it while I was waiting for the internet to start up.

There was a GIANT dry booger that one of the darling kids had wiped on the inside of the door! :sick:

I could *maybe* understand this if we had little kids... but SD is almost 16 and SS is 13! How disgusting is that??? DD and I are thoroughly grossed out now!

RachelS
08-10-2006, 03:25 PM
ewwww!

and

sorry about your FIL. i'm glad there's nothing too bad wrong with him!

ccouch
08-10-2006, 03:43 PM
eeewwww....boogers!
we just got back from a little walmart trip, during which camille proceeded to wipe something wet and icky on my hand. i looked down, and you guessed it, a booger. she proudly told me, "mommy, i got a giant booger." emphasis on the giant :)

sinead - loving the untied states! i got the funniest essays when i taught 8th grade english. what do you teach?

Charla
08-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Sinead, it's hilarious!!! I had to read it a few times to catch it though...my brain registered the right word even though you typed it "untied." sooo funny :)

Ewwwww. How do we bring up these topics???? :D

Charla
08-10-2006, 03:47 PM
We went out for lunch (Wendy's) and to buy dancing shoes. DH's cost $90, so we really hope he likes them :D It's our anniversary present to each other. Mine have a low heel, so I won't be worried about hurting myself while we dance. and they feel like ballet slippers with a heel, so that should make dancing fun :) (I had talked about using my old ballet slippers because they'd be easier to spin in, but they're packed away at ILs house, so that makes it tough). I'm excited :)

ccouch
08-10-2006, 03:57 PM
hey girls - pop over to the "let's talk shop" section and help me out w/ some album advice on the thread i just posted :)

fun, charlene!! we're going shoe shopping this weekend! my husband actually suggested it! i'm so excited!

scrapsandsass
08-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Sinead... that is funny. You should do a LO with some of the great mistakes you catch. :)

Christine... aren't kids fun? I'm just glad it wasn't on my hand. :)

Charlene... very cool! I'm envious that you are taking lessons. I really want to do that with DH. Right now I'm trying to convince him to go to this interactive theater production called "Rewind 1987" (I think). It's playing in Seattle and it is like a high school prom where the audience participates and gets to vote on King and Queen. There's dancing and fun. He doesn't seem too keen on the idea. :(

I'd get my RL friends to go for a girls' night out, but they all seem to be mad at me. :(

Hey... where's Stacey? I hope she hasn't disappeared like Amy. :p

Has anyone heard from Tamra on how her move went yet?

StaceyD
08-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey girls!! Feeling out of the loop too. I was gone yesterday...my mom and I took the kids to Dutch Wonderland in PA! It was a long but very fun day! Now I am in the big clean/packing mode because we are going on vacation for a week! I have so much to do and scrapping I need to get done and don't have enough time to do everything. ACK!

sinead
08-10-2006, 05:03 PM
I used to teach high school English and then developmental writing at a community college. Now that I'm at home with Maggie, I do online tutoring for SMARTHINKING.com, which offers live tutoring and Writing Center-type services to colleges, universities, and community colleges around the country. Most of our clients are smaller schools who can't afford to have a full-time writing center on campus, so they outsource the tutoring. :regular_s It's the fun stuff of teaching (trying to help people improve writing skills, etc.) without the not fun stuff (lesson plans, dealing with Mommy, etc.). :regular_s

RachelS
08-10-2006, 05:04 PM
holy cow!!! we're going to have to start a new thread soon.... almost to 1000 again!!!

ccouch
08-10-2006, 05:29 PM
sinead, that's awesome! one of the most difficult things about teaching was that i didn't feel like i spent much of my time "teaching!" discipline issues, so many different IEPs, and far too many conferences.

what a blessing to be able to do the part of it that you actually enjoy and from home too?!?

Charla
08-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Rachel, I had noticed the same thing. Can't believe we're almost to 1000 again!
Stacey, glad you're around :) i'm sure things will calm down and you'll be able to scrap all these new pictures...I know how you feel though!

I think everything's set for this weekend. DH's cousin gets married Saturday afternoon, and Jasmine's not invited (I understand, but it hurts) so my sister and her friend are coming out to watch her. I talked to my parents and I think the plans are all in place.

And I hope they have dancing at the wedding! I want the opportunity to use what we've learned :)

Kimberlee, sorry your DH doesn't want to go to that show. It sounds like a blast! DH doesn't enjoy watching musicals at home, but we went to see Thoroughly Modern Millie on Broadway during our honeymoon, and he enjoyed that :)

dubois598
08-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Alright Charlene, you passed on your don't say anything if you can't say anything nice day to me yesterday! lol Anything that could go wrong went wrong.

BUT today is a new day, I almost have all the laundry done and Chad's clothes ironed. AND I found the kit that was lost in my files that I could not for the life of me remember the name of or where it was at...lol AND my house is clean! (well, as clean as it is going to get. ) I take that back, I now have smushed goldfish on the floor. :)

Charla
08-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Sorry, Michelle! Glad today was a better day :) I'll try not to have or pass on any more days like that :D

scrapsandsass
08-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I used to teach high school English and then developmental writing at a community college. Now that I'm at home with Maggie, I do online tutoring for SMARTHINKING.com, which offers live tutoring and Writing Center-type services to colleges, universities, and community colleges around the country. Most of our clients are smaller schools who can't afford to have a full-time writing center on campus, so they outsource the tutoring. :regular_s It's the fun stuff of teaching (trying to help people improve writing skills, etc.) without the not fun stuff (lesson plans, dealing with Mommy, etc.). :regular_s

Fun stuff! I used to work (part-time) in a community college writing center doing tutoring for students. I really liked it, although I was young at the time and people kind of looked at me like they didn't think I could really help them. :embaresse But it was nice to help people and I loved being able to write and use that passion on a regular basis. *sigh*... miss those days.

Charla
08-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Sorry they didn't think you could help them. I think it's hard for young teachers to teach older kids/adults...especially if they look young!

Can someone explain this to me? I have the oldies station on. I liked when they played all 50s/60s, but they've added 70s and some 80s. (80s is okay, but I hate slow 70s songs). But they just played Cheryl Crow's "All I wanna do." No, hers isn't a remake...they played a song from the 90s. How does that qualify as an "oldie"????

scrapsandsass
08-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Stacey, where are you going on your vacation??

scrapsandsass
08-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Can someone explain this to me? I have the oldies station on. I liked when they played all 50s/60s, but they've added 70s and some 80s. (80s is okay, but I hate slow 70s songs). But they just played Cheryl Crow's "All I wanna do." No, hers isn't a remake...they played a song from the 90s. How does that qualify as an "oldie"????

I have no idea. I wonder that too. We have a local station that plays "oldies" and then one that plays "classic rock"... but they are starting to play stuff I listened to in the 80s... which is not *old*!!!! I feel ancient now. Although I do feel good about still keeping up on current music. I found a new song by the Killers the other day and pointed it out to DD who hadn't heard it yet. :)

I've kept an eye on the 80s music thread over in the games section. Christine is really amazing at that!!!!

AmyK
08-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Hey ladies! Remember me??? I'm baaa-aaaack! I just got my internet hooked up this afternoon, and am starting the long process of catching up. Can you believe I was without access (except for checking emails once in a blue moon) from July 26-August 10? :whatchuta I missed you all!!!!

RachelS
08-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Amy!!!!!!!!!

scrapsandsass
08-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Amy! We've been missing you. We thought that maybe you ditched us for a better group, but then we realized that there wasn't a better group out there. LOL! :) How the heck are you??

Charla
08-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Amy, I'm glad you're back! We've missed you!!

ccouch
08-10-2006, 11:29 PM
I've kept an eye on the 80s music thread over in the games section. Christine is really amazing at that!!!!

I must confess....my husband was a dj and he had an 80s show for like 3 years. he has a massive 80s collection and the trivia knowledge to go with it. he "played" with me on that game when i got stuck :)

he still has his turntables set up and has over 2500 pieces of vinyl. we are looking forward to having a dance party for camille when she gets a little older. although, if she gets too much older, she won't think we're cool anymore!

scrapsandsass
08-10-2006, 11:43 PM
I must confess....my husband was a dj and he had an 80s show for like 3 years. he has a massive 80s collection and the trivia knowledge to go with it. he "played" with me on that game when i got stuck :)

he still has his turntables set up and has over 2500 pieces of vinyl. we are looking forward to having a dance party for camille when she gets a little older. although, if she gets too much older, she won't think we're cool anymore!

Yeah, but still... it was cool to see how many you were able to come up with. I always missed getting to post on the ones I actually knew. :) There was quite a range though, so that was what amazed me.

I think that is such a cool idea to have a dance party! :) I'm jealous. I'm sure that she'll think you're cool. My DD thought that I was really cool when she was about 12 because I knew the words to most of the songs from Grease. Hahahaha. She still thinks that I am cool for the most part. It is all about the attitude. :)

sinead
08-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Hiya, Amy! Glad you're hooked up again!! :regular_s

scrapsandsass
08-11-2006, 02:08 AM
Shhhhhhhh... I just passed Angela and Amy Jo in the postings. :) I'm #21 (I think)... now just have to keep giving the love out. :)

RachelS
08-11-2006, 08:32 AM
yay for kimberlee!!!

Charla
08-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Good for you, Kimberlee!

If I went nuts in the gallery I could pass Michelle (rynonutmom) but not sure that'll happen today.

dubois598
08-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah Kimberlee!! :)

You're a little less than 50 away Charlene :)

Welcome back Amy! How are you sane without internet access that long??

RachelS
08-11-2006, 10:43 AM
can i have a girly photo from someone? i have a LO made with one of Tamra's kit... now it just needs a photo?

sinead
08-11-2006, 10:49 AM
What kind of a girly photo? I've got lots! lol silly? serious? dressed up in pink? doll house pics...you name it, i have it. lol

dubois598
08-11-2006, 10:50 AM
ROFL me too! If you need more let me know. Newborn, markered up, outdoors...

RachelS
08-11-2006, 11:21 AM
well the kit is pastel... mostly yellow, orange and blue. so i need something sweet.

sinead
08-11-2006, 12:03 PM
just sent you 2 pics. feel free to ignore, edit, or recolor. :regular_s

RachelS
08-11-2006, 12:08 PM
thanks!!

RachelS
08-11-2006, 12:09 PM
hey sinead!!! what size LOs do you typically make? (that way if you like it I can send it to you)

RachelS
08-11-2006, 12:58 PM
ok... 3 posts in a row is lame but... guys i just want to curl up and die. dh just got the news that their next project will put them out of town until december. DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!! i'm in hysterics.

Charla
08-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Rachel, I'm so sorry!! I can't even imagine.
I guess it's nice to know he does such a good job and is in such demand, but that's a long time! How often can he come home??

RachelS
08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
some weekends he can come home. about enough time for me to wash all his laundry and send him away again.

sinead
08-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Rachel, that's awful!!! I'm sorry!

I usually do 8.5x11 landscape, but 12 x12 would be ok...most of her 1st year stuff is already in 12x12.

scrapsandsass
08-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Rachel, so sorry to see that. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. :(

AmyK
08-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Rachel, I cannot even imagine being apart that long! I'm so sorry! Will he be getting something that doesn't require so much time away anytime soon?

sinead
08-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Amy, I hear that you're going to have some new kits this week--can't wait to see what you put together!!

AmyK
08-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Yep, yep! Two brand new kits and one "new to Digi Chick" kit. I'm working on an alpha for one right now. I'm really excited to get going in the boutique, finally!

Charla
08-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Can't wait to see, Amy!

Jasmine learned a new word from FIL tonight. "Buffalo." It's soooo cute coming from her mouth! She was fascinated by a sign for the Bills, so he decided to teach her the word :D

RachelS
08-11-2006, 10:07 PM
lol charlene! that is too cute! ian learned to say "mama i done" today. in fact he yelled it for most of the day after he learned it.

dubois598
08-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Sorry to hear about dh being away for so long Rachel! That sucks!! Now if you were in Duluth, MN, I would come visit and keep you company. :)

I love it when they learn new words, it is so cute!!

sinead
08-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Ok...remember that news I spoke of a week ago?

DH had a job interview in my parents' home town today!!

We won't hear for at least a week, but he felt good about it. Keep your fingers crossed!! :regular_s

scrapsandsass
08-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Oh yay, Sinead! Everything is crossed for you!

That is cute Charlene... and you too Rachel. What fun ages when they are learning new words/phrases. :)

Okay... I have to growl for a minute. I know there have been threads before about people leaving constructive criticism on layouts... and I personally don't do it if someone doesn't ask, but on another site (PDP), someone was just plain old mean and gave my LO a rating of 0. I don't really care so much if they are going to give pointers as to why they don't like it, but since they didn't, I thought that it was kind of useless and it just seemed rude. Kind of along the lines of 'if you don't have anything nice to say'... I dunno... just rubbed me the wrong way. I guess that is one of the nice things about TDC, people don't do that kind of stuff.

It was a nice day here. My boss was out of town, I worked from home, and she didn't call me all day. :) I got a lot done and also spent some time with my lil' sis. I feel so relaxed after not going in and fighting the traffic and my boss. Whew... such a nice feeling.

I know Charlene has the wedding this weekend... what is everyone else doing?

StaceyD
08-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Hi girls! Just wanted to try to do a quick catch up. I am sure I missed someone so sorry in advance.

Tamra- Hope everything is going well with your move!

Kimberlee- Man, that just stinks about the voting thing. Try not to let it get you down. I really don't like that they have that on there.

Rachel- Oh, that just sucks about your dh's job. Hang in there girl!!

Charlene- Sorry to hear about your bad day the other day. Cute about Jasmine's new word!

Sinead- Fingers crossed for the job to work out for your dh!

Michelle- You are rockin and rollin' on the posting girl!!

Amy- Welcome back!! Can't wait to see your kits in the store!

I should get back to packing...I am sooo good at waiting until the last minute. We are heading to Ocean City, MD for a week. I will try to pop in. Have a great week everyone!!

RachelS
08-12-2006, 09:23 AM
in better news, i told y'all that i have a new friend across the street right? well yesterday our kids played together for a while, and i watched all of them while she ran to the grocery store. then she watched all of them (well except ian cuz he came home with me so he could nap in his crib) so i could get my mopping done!!! yay!! and we're going to do something similar for lawn mowing! since ryan is not home very much and she is single, we're going to take turns watching the kids so we can get our lawns mowed. woohoo!

dubois598
08-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah Rachel! That would be so nice to have someone like that really close by!! Maybe you will get a few moments to yourself to keep you sane while dh is gone.

Kimberlee, that is rude. I am not one to critique even if it is asked for. Everyone has their own style and what you love someone else may hate! Like my layout I posted earlier in the week. I love it and I only got 2 comments. :( AND it was my own, no lift or sketch..lol BUT, I love it so that is all that matters. :) You can always find something good to say about someone's layout even if it is one of those that you have to sit there and study to find that nice thing. :) Evil evil people I tell ya! You shoud give us a link so we can all go comment on it for you. :)

Sinead, will keep my fingers cross that dh gets the job!! :41: :41:

Have a great vacation Stacey!

I have more cleaning and I HAVE to finish laundry. I forgot that I pulled all the blankets and old comforters off the shelf in the laundry room so that I can wash them and bring them to the Helping Hand. Then it is outside to play before the storms come. Nothing much going on here this weekend or any weekend for that matter..lol dh works EVERY Saturday :(

Charla
08-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Good morning!

Kimberlee, I agree...that was tasteless and rude. I hate the ratings...I'd never give anything but 5 potatoes for that reason, and that kinda defeats the purpose of having them :) It's personal, and comments are supposed to build us up, not tear us down.

Rachel, I'm so glad you can team up with your friend! That's so cool :)

Michelle, sorry that your DH works every Saturday. Mine usually works in the morning, but not today because of the wedding and other insanity of the day.
My sister and her best friend (and my parents, their transportation) are on their way and will be here at about noon. Which means I need to come up with lunch!

And I don't feel great today. I've been taking this juice/energy drink for the last few weeks, which has completely taken away all morning sickness, as well as making it so I don't have to take my time standing up, and giving me lots of energy and motivation to get stuff done. We were trying something new that was supposed to be even better, and 36 hours after changing, I have an unhappy tummy and I have to stand up slowly or I get all woozy. So I'm back to the stuff that works, really hoping it "kicks in" right away. It was a good experiment, but i wish I hadn't tried it the day of the wedding...could make things more interesting!

RachelS
08-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Stacey???? Did You Leave Yet???? I Need To Talk To You!!!!!!!

Charla
08-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm back from the wedding...DH is still there. My sister called me three times, so after the third time I had run out of ideas for making Jasmine happy, so I came home. She immediately fell asleep nursing...she was so tired when we left, so I wasn't all that surprised, though disappointed. i wanted to dance! (and eat) Hopefully DH can bring me some food...I got appetizers and salad and then left.

RachelS
08-12-2006, 08:31 PM
i'm sorry you weren't able to thouroughly enjoy yourself at the wedding! that's no fun!

Charla
08-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks! I'm disappointed all around...I hate the thought that Jasmine and her babysitters were so unhappy, and that I couldn't enjoy the reception a little longer.

but it's nice, sitting here with a sleeping baby, watching "Sabrina" (the new one) with the girls. :)

Rachel, can you see your avatar? I see a link to "isaac&iansmomma's avatar" but no picture (when i click on it either) :)

RachelS
08-12-2006, 09:42 PM
hmmm i can see it.

scrapsandsass
08-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Charlene, sorry about the wedding!

Rachel, i can see your avatar. Glad to hear that you and your neighbor can help each other out!

I'm currently on a ferry on the way back from my mom's. I ended up doing her a huge favor that has taken most of the day.

As soon as i'm done, i have to go buy a new external hard drive because sd fried mine this morning. I'm praying that it can still be salvaged because i will die if i lose it all! I was in the process of trying to back up everything, but hadn't made much progress because i needed to buy dvds. I just can't believe it... That drive is only 6 months old. She plugged her crazy hair straíghtener in and shorted it out as far as i can tell. Either that or she knocked it off the table. :(

RachelS
08-12-2006, 10:21 PM
OMG Kimberlee! were you ready to kill her or what?

RachelS
08-12-2006, 11:47 PM
i got some good news today but i have to wait to tell you until monday or tuesday when they announce it....er... so it looks like i really am gonna need a ct that's more than just stacey (not that stacey isn't absolutely terrific and i'd like to thank her for taking on the job without really seeing much of my designs at all anyhow).... anybody want to volunteer to join me and stacey?

scrapsandsass
08-13-2006, 12:35 AM
so it looks like i really am gonna need a ct that's more than just stacey (not that stacey isn't absolutely terrific and i'd like to thank her for taking on the job without really seeing much of my designs at all anyhow).... anybody want to volunteer to join me and stacey?

Oh heck yes. :) I would love to volunteer if you need/want me.

scrapsandsass
08-13-2006, 12:44 AM
OMG Kimberlee! were you ready to kill her or what?

Oh yes! I'm still hoping to get it going. I was able to get it to flicker on for a couple of minutes, but it shut itself off again, so there is still hope that it isn't completely 100% dead!

The worst part isn't losing the hundreds of $$ in kits (which kills me in itself)... but the photos I'd stored and the stuff I've made and the papers and doodles I've done on my own that I can't get back. I'm sooooo going to back those up first if I can save them. If I can't do it on my own, I'm going to take it to a repair shop and have them handle it when I can afford to do that.

But... things could be worse. :) I've calmed down a bit now that I've had a few hours. :)

RachelS
08-13-2006, 01:08 AM
ok kimberlee darlin! you're on my list! i have to get the newest stuff uploaded to yousendit, and then i'll get it right out to ya ok?

ccouch
08-13-2006, 02:44 AM
anybody want to volunteer to join me and stacey?

hey girl! i'd love to volunteer! i know i'm still pretty new to the digi world, so you just let me know if you need me :)

charlene, i'm so sorry about the wedding tonight! i can totally sympathize. i nursed camille till about 20 mos and she never took a bottle. there were many a night when i had to come home early to take care of her. but, how sweet that you were able to comfort her right off to sleep! now you just gotta get your hubby to take you out dancing to make up for lost time :)

scrapsandsass
08-13-2006, 03:26 AM
Whoo-hoo! :D

RachelS
08-13-2006, 08:25 AM
sure christine!

Charla
08-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Christine, thanks! It's always fun to find out there are others who nursed for longer-than-normal times. I like that she still needs me, but I wish I could have been around longer.

Rachel, I'd love to volunteer, but three is definitely as much as I can handle at the moment. Looks like you've got a great team, though :)

Charla
08-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Josh brought the girls home last night...Jasmine and I were going to go, but she started crying as soon as we put her in the carseat. So we stayed home, and she was asleep enough that I could sleep by 10! Josh got home at 11:30, and after the insanity of yesterday, we're taking the day off of church and just recovering. I think she could use some "quiet" time with us :) We may go to the ILs again today...swimming is always fun :)

ccouch
08-13-2006, 09:22 AM
phew! what a night! camille decided to crawl into our bed at 4:00 a.m. last night and i just didn't have enough energy to take her back to her room and tuck her back into her bed. so, she slept w/ us. problem is...she likes to snuggle and i do mean snuggle - rubbing my face, stroking my arm, laying her face right next to mine. it's sweet and all, but doesn't make for a restful situation!

she and DH are still sleeping. thought i'd let 'em sleep in and get a little done (or just cruise the forums!). gosh, i don't think i get anywhere near as many LOs done now that I'm chatty in here, but it sure is fun!!

I just wonder how you chatty girls can still crank out so many awesome LOs!!

Charla
08-13-2006, 09:35 AM
How sweet, but IKWYM. Jasmine and DH are sleeping too :)

I don't know if you meant me with the "awesome" bit, but I can still get so many layouts done because I've been relying on sketches. I love my CT...how awesome is it to get all the sketches and be required to use them?? I'm loving it!!

ccouch
08-13-2006, 10:16 AM
oooh....sketches are a great idea. i've not really used those before other than a couple of challenges.

jen caputo's new stuff is so cool!!

RachelS
08-13-2006, 10:58 AM
i loooove the sketches!!

ccouch
08-13-2006, 06:00 PM
okay, i just went and downloaded a few of jen's free sketches and OHMYGOSH!!

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a dork. I thought that the sketches were just blank pictures of what you "could" create. I always thought, "Okay that cool swirvy photo montage is pretty and all, but I don't think I could create that." I had NO idea that the sketches were layered tiffs and did the hard work FOR YOU! WOW!!

I am constantly learning new things w/ digi and w/ Photoshop. Sometimes, I feel like quite the dunce for not catching on before, but I love the "this is a whole new world" feeling too when you figure out something that's time-saving or just cool.

Okay, done rambling! Hope to see you chicks tonight @ val's chat :)

RachelS
08-13-2006, 07:44 PM
holy cow. i saved someone's life today. my nephew who is 1 fell in the pool and completely without thinking i jumped in (fully clothed with cell phone in my pocket) to grab him. thank goodness for being a lifeguard during high school!

scrapsandsass
08-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh man, Rachel! Way to go! That is wonderful that you were able to think so quickly! I bet he was one scared little guy! How is everyone holding up?

RachelS
08-13-2006, 11:28 PM
well every person is fine. he was scared but his dad calmed him down. i am mad however that even though the entire family had just gotten the "everyone needs to keep an eye on everyone's kids not just your own" lecture, nobody seems to think they should help replace my now ruined cell phone that i just bought in june. i don't have the money to replace it and now it is trash. i am so upset about this. AND SIL and BIL were obviously not watching their kids very well because their 3 yr old nearly drowned less than 2 hours later and the 1 yr old fell in again shortly thereafter. i will never ever be in anything other than proper swim attire around that pool again.

midgetprincess79
08-13-2006, 11:29 PM
OKay, you saved their kid and they won't help replace your phone?!?! Just doesn't seem right to me:-(

RachelS
08-13-2006, 11:31 PM
yeah i am a little bit pissed off. (and plus i think they or MIL, whose pool it is, ought to get me a new pink razor phone LOL).

Charla
08-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Rachel, I'm so glad you were there! How terrifying. It's something that really scares me...Jasmine is loving the ILs inground pool...no fence around it or anything...and she trusts that we'll catch her. I try not to live in constant fear, but the thought of her drowning is a terrifying one. I really should look into baby swimming classes...as well as CPR for my own sake.

Charla
08-13-2006, 11:34 PM
I'd be pretty upset about that too. :( Sorry they were so insensitive!

StaceyD
08-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Rachel, since they aren't going to replace your phone and they don't watch their kids, start charging $25/per hour for your lifeguard services!

StaceyD
08-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi girls!!

Charlene, sorry your night out at that wedding had to end early for you.

Christine and Kimberlee, YAY for being on Rachel's ct!!

RachelS
08-13-2006, 11:45 PM
oh yeah... christine and kimberlee can y'all email me rlsolenberg at gmail dot com... i'll let you know what i know so far but i think my stuff is going to be up for sale starting tuesday or wednesday... can't say where yet. they'll make the announcement soon!

RachelS
08-13-2006, 11:47 PM
oh yeah again... and if you have AIM, YAHOO messenger, MSN messenger or Hello, can you tell me your username(s) on those in your email?

sinead
08-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Rachel, congrats on the upcoming new store...wish I could commit to more right now, but I'm pretty maxed out on time. I bet you'll end up with a great team, though (you've got a great start!). WTG on saving a life, though I'd be ticked about the phone, too.

Charlene, know what you mean about the fear of the pool. My parents live on a private lake, and Maggie LOVES it down there. It's far enough from the house (and she's loud enough that you miss the noise when she heads out) that it would be hard to hear a splash, so we're worried about that, too. Not so much right now since we keep pretty good tabs on her since she's little--it's 2 or 3 yrs from now that make me worry.

hi everyone else. sorry i haven't been around. having some hand issues this weekend. :( off to bed early so that I can try to rest up. have a good night!

scrapsandsass
08-13-2006, 11:55 PM
'Kay... just emailed you. :)

Sorry to hear that no one is responsible enough to replace your phone. You'd think they'd be bending over backwards to treat you like a queen!

Charla
08-14-2006, 12:00 AM
We'll definitely be up to 1000 posts by the morning...so whoever wakes up first and gets online can do it first :D

(please, make sure you put something in the first post about people being able to just jump in, not feel like this is a clique. I'm a little paranoid about that so I try to make sure people know they're welcome!) :) Thanks!!

Jasmine is 95% asleep, so I can go to sleep in a few minutes. I'm sooooo tired. (so is she...she fell asleep in her high chair at dinnertime. They really wore her out with all that swimming!)

StaceyD
08-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Sinead, hope the hand pain eases up for you! Take care girl!

AmyK
08-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Rachel saves a life *and* goes commercial in one weekend? You go, girl!

I am still afraid of the bathtub. :whatchuta I try not to be a super worry wart mom, but all these scenarios constantly flash before my brain when it comes to my kids' safety.

Things still haven't slowed down here yet, and I've still got a few boxes to unpack. I spent yesterday tearing up carpet and laying down tile in the laundry room. I also finished up one new kit that will debut in the Boutique this week! I have the feeling I'll be asleep by 9 tonight!

ccouch
08-14-2006, 01:21 AM
[quote=berekah]
(please, make sure you put something in the first post about people being able to just jump in, not feel like this is a clique. I'm a little paranoid about that so I try to make sure people know they're welcome!) :) Thanks!![quote]

Charlene, You are so sweet!! I was in fact a little leery of popping in her (not b/c of you guys, just my own "forum shyness"), but thought, aww, what the heck! I am so glad that I did! I love getting to know you gals & look forward to checking in and seeing how everyone's day is going :) And, obviously, I'm getting over that shyness! I think I'm close to 300 posts already!

*hugs!*

ccouch
08-14-2006, 01:21 AM
Rachel, I just emailed you a bit ago :)

ccouch
08-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Okay - three in a row, I promise this is it!

Kimberlee, you are the sweetest thing ever! I mentioned that I wasn't feeling the love and you commented on all of the LOs I posted today. You are such a sweetheart! Thanks so much for making me feel "loved"! I get happy every time I see your little doggie!!

RachelS
08-14-2006, 08:48 AM
wow still not at 1000???

Charla
08-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Oh my! I'll have to fix that...here is post 1000!!!!