PDA

View Full Version : Mac Chicks...Anyone update to Tiger?

LorraineM
07-15-2005, 11:27 PM
I'd love to give it a try, but like to speak to someone who updated from Panther to Tiger. Has anyone done an update yet?

Lorraine

three-cowboys
07-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Not yet. Truth is, I'm thinking that I need (OK, I want is more like it) a new Mac. So why upgrade this one... LOL! But I hear rave reviews!

lunafaerie
07-25-2005, 09:57 PM
I have Tiger on my laptop, other than the very awesome Dashboard (it's worth it just for that) I'd say there aren't too many differences that I've found so far.
The dashboard is so fun, there are something like 700 downloads you can incorporate into it. Right now I have some great playing cards that give me a new quote everytime I click the deck. I also have a dictionary/thesarus and a Google Image Search tool. It's really addicting.

~~Andie~~
07-25-2005, 10:06 PM
i plan on it as soon as I get more memory (and a job?)

Billie
07-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Yes, I have Tiger on both of my Macs. I love it! I use Spotlight constantly... so much easier than anything else I've found... and INSTANT. DANG FAST, seriously.

I use Dashboard a lot, and I've used the updated iChat Video conferencing to have three-way video chats with my parents and my sister at the same time. Too cool.

LorraineM
07-29-2005, 10:18 PM
After reading everything I could get my hands on, and talking to all of you, I bit the bullet and upgraded my G5 from Panther to Tiger. It went very smoothly, but my stomach has been in knots all day....trust issues, you think?
Anyway, all went well and my files are safe, the installation was seamless and I've been playing with my widgets.

Thanks all!

Lorraine

Roni
12-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Man I have used a mac for the last 10 years and have no idea what panther and tiger are......although I completely understand the need for a bigger and newer mac!!!!!