PDA

View Full Version : Memory Makers Magazine - New Calls

KimMauch
07-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Lots of new calls at their site. Check 'em out. :0)

Kim

ScrapHappyME!
07-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Kim can you PM me? I am seeing what I think is an old list, with a 4th f July call on it... maybe not. I have no idea! LOL

Valgal
07-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Here's layouts they're looking for:

Teen
Winter: sports, activities, weather and family time
New Years
Valentine’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day
Spring: weather, nature and activities
Garden
Easter
Rainy Days
Martin Luther King Day
Passover
Graduation
Fourth of July

ScrapHappyME!
07-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok that is the list I saw. I thought maybe it was out-dated. THANKS!

KimMauch
07-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Here are more (from their site):

Seeking Women pages
Memory Makers Books is seeking exemplary scrapbook pages that celebrate the special bonds between the women in your lives—women of all ages and all backgrounds. Whether you’re a mother, daughter, sister, cousin, co-worker, best friend or neighbor, you’ve shared laughter, tears, milestones and everyday moments with other exceptional women in your life. We welcome pages on these themes represented in any creative style. We would also love to hear your design choices, product usage, journaling prompts and photography tips for capturing the emotion and story behind these special relationships, as well as memorabilia tips. With each submission, please include the story behind the page and/or photo(s) featured on the page.
Deadline for submissions is August 26. 2005.

Seeking Pages With Innovative Journaling Techniques
Memory Makers Books is seeking extraordinary pages that feature journaling presented in unique and unusual ways. Pages can be on any theme and in any style as long as the journaling is in-depth, heartfelt and creatively shares the story behind the page. In addition, we are also seeking new and innovative techniques for displaying journaling on the page, suggestions for journaling stories without photos and tips on interviewing.
Deadline for submissions is: August 8, 2005

Seeking Graphic Scrapbook Pages
We are seeking scrapbook pages featuring ideas for creating today’s trendy and dynamic look borrowed from the world of graphic-design. The graphic design-inspired look is clean, crisp, cutting-edge and innovative and can be replicated easily in traditional paper scrapbooking or computer scrapbooking. We are looking for graphic scrapbook pages that feature a great CONCEPT (sometimes it’s just the idea behind the page layout that pushes it one step beyond the rest); amazing use of TYPE (all design calls for type but not all design uses type in such an extraordinary way; these do); stunning use of IMAGE (use of a striking image or a group of images give these pages the edge); and/or a clever LAYOUT (pages that take all the elements of concept, type and image and tie them together in a layout that breaks boundaries). Submit pages with brief description of inspiration behind the page and which category you feel best describes your page.
Deadline for Submissions: August 15, 2005

Valgal
07-16-2005, 10:19 PM
I wonder why I didn't see those? HMM... I need new glasses or something ;)

KimMauch
07-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Valerie - They are hard to find, and in two different places. It's a PITA!

Kim :0)

three-cowboys
07-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Thanks Kim! You rock!

andreavictoria
07-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks for posting these calls! I've never been published before and might give these new ones a shot!

suzy
07-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Thanks for posting these. Because I live in Australia, we dont get a lot of the American magazines here (or at least they dont have them in the town where I live) - so this is really useful. Thanks again.

Leora
07-20-2005, 12:20 PM
yes..thanks! I was able to submit that Rain LO I just did for it..how lucky is THAT! I had no idea about that call when I created it! :)

KristyAnn
07-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks!

I had a question, as I haven't gotten one of their mags recently. In the past, only three of the people each issue got compensated/prizes, is this still how they do it? Do you get a complementary copy of the magazine?

I really kind find much about it on the site.

KimMauch
07-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Kristy -
I am not 100%, but this is what I think:
If you get into a regular issue or special issue of the magazine, you get a goody box.
If you get into a book (Seperate division), you just get a copy of that book.

Hope this helps!
Kim

MarshaZepeda
07-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Kim, do me a favor, remind me to submit to these as soon as we're done with the MMM first... :)