•Using brads creatively on your pages
•Smart uses of 4x6” photos
•Clean and simple all-digital layouts

Send submissions to:
Scrapbooks etc.
1716 Locust St., LN-414
Des Moines, IA 50309-3023

or e-mail submissions to: submissions@meredith.com

Please include the theme of your submission in the subject line. E-mail submissions must be 500K or less. Please make sure your name, phone number, and address accompany each layout, along with a materials list and a description of any special techniques used.

Limit is two submissions per theme, please. Submission deadline is
August 20, 2006.

Do not send original pages. Please be aware of the use of our competitors' products. We do not accept submissions that use lettering CD's or products and supplies from other magazine publishers. Due to the volume of our mail, we cannot acknowledge the receipt of each submission, although those who submit electronically will receive an automated response. If we are interested in using your submission, we wil contact you with additional details.

Rynonut Mom
07-27-2006, 12:06 PM
See - you totally had this one already! :)

Now - what to submit???????

ChristineS
07-27-2006, 01:39 PM
woo-hoo it's really nice to see a digi-only call in a print magazine -- I bet they'll get TONS of submissions for that one!

scrapsandsass
07-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Very cool. I'll bet they get a ton of great stuff!

InLoveWithDOTS
07-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Which issue is this for? Do you know? February?

sanstanton
07-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Now I have to ask--

What is your interpretation of "Clean and simple all-digital layouts?" Of course, all-digi is self-explainatory. But clean and simple, hmmmm. Does that mean graphic? Are they looking for pages that do not resemble paper LOs? Or does it mean pages without too much "stuff?"

Rynonut Mom
07-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I take it that i's for Feb, Rachael - but it doesn't really say.

And I take it as a paper with not too much stuff thing, Sandra. My opinion, though.

And they only want 2 submits per theme - ugh...

Rynonut Mom
08-07-2006, 02:32 PM
So - did anyone submit to this? If so, did you stick with a Feb/early spring type layouts?

I need coaching - help me decided what to send!!! I want to submit!!!

scrapsandsass
08-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks for bumping this up again Michelle. I'm with you... I wouldn't know what to send.

lunafaerie
08-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks for posting this!

Okay, I'm going to be all high maitenence about this.

What's all that stuff about competitor's products, is it only about fonts? How do I know what font companies are competitors with Scrapbook Etc.?

Can we use things we've already posted or does it need to be originals?

See I told you, high maitenence, LOL!!

rh_scrapbooker
08-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Lunafaerie,

I tend not to post layouts that I'm submitting to magazines. However, I know some folks who get calls for layouts that they've put up in their galleries - with the understanding that the layout is removed (or the picture of the layout) until approximately 3-6 months after the magazine issue is out. Magazines vary on this requirement - Memory Makers wants fresh, original, never been posted anywhere layouts, some other mags have you remove them from galleries.

Well, I'm assuming the SB ETC "competitor products" restriction is mostly aimed at CK. CK not only has fonts, but those kits they sell at Joann's and other non-LSS locations. But I'd probably also include Autumn Leaves in that restriction for digital, as they have the "Designing With" line of books...which means any fonts that came with the Designing with Digital book that came out earlier this year.

And since the call is for the Jan/Feb issue, I'd stick with seasonal layouts that go with those months (and the call subjects listed).

Rachel

Rynonut Mom
08-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Oh - thanks Rachel! I kinda thought the CK fonts was what they meant too, but I don't use their's very often. I'm going to try to submit 2 that I did last spring and see what happens. I don't have any (really) that I don't post, so if (big if) they get picked I'll put up an out for pub in it's place!

sinead
08-07-2006, 07:21 PM
hmmm...this one sounds interesting. Now to figure out what to submit! :regular_s

Rynonut Mom
08-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Ok - Mine are sent, now the wait begins! LOL!