PDA

View Full Version : Where's my fellow PSP chicks?

Valgal
07-18-2005, 02:23 PM
I know all the talk is always about Photoshop... but I loooooove my Paint Shop Pro. I've been using it for about 10 months now (gosh, seems longer).

MariKoegelenberg
07-19-2005, 09:32 AM
It does seem awfully quiet here don't you think there usually is alot of PSP users?

holly
07-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Get 'em fired up!

Valgal
07-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Come on girls... I know you're out there!

SAHMom
07-19-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm an old time PSP user. I think I started on version 5, and have upgraded to 7, and now to 9. I think I fall back on it most because it's what I started with. I do also have PSE 3, and have looked at buying PS CS or CS2, but I haven't found too much I can't do in PSP.

I think it's definitely one of the best-kept secrets in software... super cheap price and it's a powerhorse!

Valgal
07-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I haven't found a reason to leave PSP yet... it's wonderful! The only thing that's a bummer is that there are more 'toys' (plug in's, filters, brushes, tutorials) geared towards PS. What's up with that? ;)

HeidiD
07-19-2005, 09:51 PM
PSP9 girl here! Been using since version 3, I think? Anyway, I love it! The only thing I want to make different is their maximum brush size. :)

Valgal
07-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Hi! I'm increasingly annoyed with that brush thing myself. I thought all programs were like that until recently <blush>.

SAHMom
07-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Have you tried the deform tool with your brushes? To enlarge them after you use them (on a seperate layer of course).

HeidiD
07-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Not yet, Kim. Why deform instead of resize?
Thanks,

holly
07-20-2005, 10:54 PM
wouldn't enlarging cause distortion of the brush - pixelating it?

i know that in photoshop it's like a picture, you can size down and not lose quality, but not so much up.

SAHMom
07-21-2005, 04:27 PM
I like to use deform, so I can get it just the right size right on the layout and where I want it. And the deform tool also does not distort it.. I've noticed no loss of quality.

scrappin4twins
09-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Another PSP Chick here! I have been using it for about 4 years now, I started with 7, fell in love with 9 and am now trying out X. I started using it to make avatars, signatures and stuff like that and then stumbled upon a digiscrap site and haven't turned back. I was a paper scrapper, now I have one more paper album to complete before going completely digital :-)

I have tried PS, but always fall back on PSP, it's just what I'm comfortable with.

fawall
09-27-2005, 03:54 PM
I love using PSP and just upgraded to X... I think it's easier to use than 9 was.

I do wish there were better scripts out there - something like atomic cupcake for psp would be great...

overall, though, I'm very happy with it.

scrappin4twins
09-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I'm dying for some Mr. Retro Machine Wash filters (actions) for PSP!!! That would be so awesome.

princesslala
10-05-2005, 09:31 AM
New PSP user here. I downloaded the free trial a few months ago and magically i ended up with the full version (thank you! thank you!). I still have a ton to learn, and i try to squeeze in at least 1 day a week to play with something, but time is a precious comodity right now. To all of you verterans.... don't be surprised if you start seeing lots of questions from me. I might as well take advantage of your knowledge. Hope ya don't mind! LOL!

CraftTeaLady
10-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Girls, I have PSP9. Is there a tutorial (like the great one that Jen has on her blog for Photo Shop) anywhere?

I got PSP9 on a DL freebie and don't have a clue how to make a LO. I try, but it's not workin' for me!

fawall
10-06-2005, 08:21 AM
I didn't know if I could post exact links, so I pm'd you with a couple I like...I also did a search on google and came up with a bunch....

let me know if you want a couple of others or if you have any questions. I'm not an expert, but I'll help as much as I can...

Dating_Revolutionist
10-22-2005, 08:16 AM
My sweet hubby gave me PSP 9 and only now am I trying to use it for digital scrapbooking. Oh my gosh...my head hurts!

I'd also love to see some tutorials. I've been scouring the web this morning and have found a few, but it seems like they're for v.8.

I'm going to post a new thread regarding a book I discovered. I'm wondering if anyone else has read it.

I'm still stuck in trying to understand this whole "layer" thing and how to insert (or add) my photo to a raster layer. I have no idea what tool to use. I know I'll eventually discover it...someday!!

Mary Rose

CraftTeaLady
10-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Dh got me PSPX for our anniversary last weekend and I made my first LO w/ it last night.

There is still so much for me to learn. I was just learning PSP9 when he got me this one.

I started scrappin' on just a photo program that came w/ my computer. It was a nothing program, ya'all would probably not even load it if you had it. But, I was able to compose a collage and that is all I have had for the past 8 months!

I have to say, learning PSP is just a bit harder than the simplicity of the program I had. But, being able to go in and make a change, oh baby, I love that! If I made a LO and saved it before and there was a typo on it, I couldn't change any of it!

I love being able to CHANGE stuff!

HeidiD
10-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Mary,
Copy your photo, then make sure your layout image is selected. Then go up to your menu options at the top. Choose Edit>Paste As New Layer. That should pop your photo into your layout as its own layer. :)

Laura87
10-22-2005, 10:01 PM
In responce to the PSP Tuts... I found this site that is really good. It has lotsa stuff, and I havent tried them yet, but seems to have really detailed easy to follow instructions.

Since we can post links now, here it is.... http://www.designsbyjoy.net/PSPTutorials1/
Ill post more if I come accross them. =)
I can always use some help with this stuff!! =)

Leila
01-12-2006, 01:41 AM
PSP Chickie here! I've been a user since v6. I'm using X now and loving it. And...<brag moment>...check me out (http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Section/Display&sid=1047024315119&gid=1047024331986&cid=1047024458083) </brag moment over>

abbysmommy
01-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Awesome, Leila! What a great article. How did that come about?

And... University of Texas fan that I am (Hook 'em), I'm so jealous you lived in Austin. LOL! I tell my DH everyday we need to move.

mimimai
01-12-2006, 12:35 PM
I've been with PSP since it was version 5, so I am definitely a fan. I also have photoshop on my computer for DH's work... Ive never opened it! Its on my list to do try sometime though, its only been on the computer for 2 months. I started with PS when it was old, like version 4, I upgraded to PSP because I didnt have the cash.

Aussie Pam
01-12-2006, 01:25 PM
I use PSP 9, started a few years ago with 7. I have never tried Photoshop so I only know PSP and I love it.

Leila
01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Awesome, Leila! What a great article. How did that come about?

And... University of Texas fan that I am (Hook 'em), I'm so jealous you lived in Austin. LOL! I tell my DH everyday we need to move.

The article came about through Michelle Shefveland. I was on her DT at Cottage Arts at the time and it's my understanding that JASC contacted her asking for someone they might be able to profile. So, she gave them my name and the rest is history.

I miss Austin. Never once thought I'd even like Texas, but it's such a great place to live! It was major culture shock for me, being a Jersey girl at heart. I'd love to go back one day, but I'm happy in Wisconsin for now!

pbrooks
01-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Congratulations! I use both PSPX and PSCS. I started with PSP 8. I am just now learning Photoshop.

hawaiianbrat96
01-13-2006, 08:31 AM
I started to learn how to digiscrap and make my own stuff with PSP 9, and just recently upgraded to PSP X.

I am hoping to get my hands on PS 7 here pretty soon.....

I am curious to see the differences and which works better!

pinayus27
01-19-2006, 02:12 AM
psp7 here. I've been using PSP 5 years ago for making graphics for my clients (website design).

I discovered digiscrapping less than a year ago through my friend who accidentally saw me online (my website).

I also have Adobe Photoshop 7 but I find it hard to work on! But really really love PSP!

hawaiianbrat96
01-19-2006, 05:38 PM
I think it is what you started out with that you feel most comfortable with. I LOVE LOVE PSP X!! It has some awesome upgrades!!

mmmbisto
03-12-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm a PSP girl :) I've literally just gone from PSP7 to 8. still trying to navigate my way around, it's all so different lol!

Leila
03-13-2006, 12:46 AM
I think the changes made from version 7 to version 8 are the most noticeable changes that have been made to PSP in years. It really was like relearning the software from scratch. Upgrades to 9 & X are a lot easier to adapt to once you're used to 8!

Rischa
04-10-2006, 04:50 PM
I started scrapping with PSP 8, so I thought I'd throw my name in here, too. I then went to 9 and the last part of 2005 DH bought X for me. I've recently purchased PSCS2, so I'm becoming comfortable with that now, but I still use PSP a lot. I'm more comfortable with PSP. I'll hopefully get there with PS, too, though.

PSP X is my favorite of all the versions I've used. I do have a complaint, though. Every time I've updated there has been some new problem pop up. Mostly with the filters. Sometimes it's a simple fix and other times not.

amydawn
05-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Hi! I am so happy to see this thread! I have been gradually figuring it out PSP since ~ v7. I just discovered digi scrapping and started REALLY exploring PSP.

Version X is my fav too but I have also had problems with each upgrade &/or patch. Sometimes I even get these weird insert disc errors ÖI also have a lot of problems with PSP freezing up. Does anyone else have these problems? We've done the uninstall/reinstall thing and it does not help. I also try to remember to empty the clipboard often (helps a little). I would love to hear any suggestions you may have.

Freezing up has become such a problem Iím considering cutting my loses and switching software Ė I just donít know where to start. I canít wait to hear more about your experiences!! I am so glad Iíve found a cool digi-scrapworld home Ė and there are PSP users too! Life is good :)

amydawn
05-07-2006, 01:26 AM
Girls, I have PSP9. Is there a tutorial (like the great one that Jen has on her blog for Photo Shop) anywhere?

I got PSP9 on a DL freebie and don't have a clue how to make a LO. I try, but it's not workin' for me!

I hope itís ok to post this (Iím new to all this) I found this book, Creative Digital Scrapbooking by Katherine Murray at B&N in the clearance section at least a year ago. The author actually uses PSP in all the examples! I found the book very useful to learn the basics in PSP & scrapping (since I completely skipped paper loyouts) and use to go back to it as a reference quite often. I think it uses PSP 8. Hope this helps!

~Stephanie~
05-17-2006, 04:39 PM
I just got my new Dell about an hour ago. There is a 60 day trial of PSP X and of course that is the first thing I opened. I'm embarressed to say that I have been using PSP 6 on my old laptop and I am in love with X already!!

Franbvm
05-17-2006, 07:03 PM
i use psp x.....i love it..
ive used corel products for years starting with corel photp paint 5(it came as part of a complete graphic suite.....back then adobe photoshop cost 600 or 700 dollars corel only cost me 139.00....it did everthing photoshop did for a fraction of the cost....
if you love psp and are using anything below x i suggest upgrading....this upgrade is sooooo worth it!!!!!!!

tiffers2k5
05-26-2006, 12:37 PM
I have been using PSP since version 6. I have v9 & X. I also have photoshop cs2 but rarely blow the dust off of it...after all PSP does all I want it to!!!

midgetprincess79
05-26-2006, 02:32 PM
I started with PSP 5 and now have 7 and X on my computer. I am trying to learn CS2 but PSP will probably always be my fav.