PDA

View Full Version : Initials/Monograms

moischka0595
07-18-2005, 04:12 PM
It just dawned on me last night when I did this one two different layouts in a row, that this must be a trend. You see it quite a bit. I feel like I can't exactly do it on all my layouts, yet secretly I wouldn't mind it because I like it so much. :lol:

I just tell myself that 100 years from now when my great, great, great grandchildren are looking at my albums it'll help them figure out who they're looking at if they have that inital to go on. :wink:

holly
07-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Not only do you have memories of your life, but memories of the trends! It's fun to look back and see what we used to do - kinda like how we dressed in the 80s! LOL

Crsttt
07-18-2005, 07:30 PM
I am so in love with Alphas so of course you know I am loving the monogram/intials. I bet I probably have them on every layout I do. LOL

SimplySara
07-18-2005, 10:33 PM
I use them all the time too!! I'm all about alphas. I don't know how many alpha sets I have, but it's a lot. I also LOVE when alpha sets include numbers. It's so fun to use them for the age of my kids or the year.

Sara

Crsttt
07-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Ah yea gotta agree on the numbers too. Something missing in many alpha sets that I would love to see more often.

holly
07-19-2005, 12:13 AM
yes, i must get better and remembering to do that!!!!

Leora
07-19-2005, 12:32 AM
yep..they are very cool. I tend to not use them very often, but more b/c I FORGET to. :) I use the numbers more than the letters...and so I too would love to see them added in with the alphas! :)

ScrapHappyME!
07-19-2005, 11:41 AM
I use my kid's initials in probably at least 8 out of every 10 LOs I do of them. They are the perfect finishing touch!

MelissaL88
07-30-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm just starting to get into (or maybe it's remembering) to use Alphas. I've also figured out (it was a duh! moment) how to cover alphas with patterned paper! That's fun for me! I like the idea of using numbers in layouts to represent the kids' age. I need to put that in my bag of tricks ;)

andreavictoria
07-31-2005, 01:14 AM
Melissa--I love love to make/cover alphas with paper. You can do so much with that!

fiddlette
08-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Absolutely ADORE them! As a paper scrapper, as well, I REALLY got hooked when Basic Grey released those giant letters! Just Fantastic!

And as a digi Scrapper, EVEN EASIER, and cheaper too! So many fonts, so little time.....