PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite thing right now?

ljbarden
07-21-2005, 04:06 PM
What's your favourite thing in digiscrapping right now? It can be a technique, style, even a product - just share your ideas! :)

Mine is blending. I'm in the middle of taking about five papers and blending them together to make a whole new one - that's what made me think to post this thread. Anyway, that's my all time favourite thing about digiscrapping, I can use the same kit over and over but it never looks the same because it can be altered countless ways and times. I find I'm blending everything, particularly papers and especially photos, just to give them their own style. If my PS layer styles suddenly broke, I'd quite possibly die. ;)

Oh and white. I'm all about white.

KimMauch
07-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Clean. Simple. Graphic. Journaling. Cut-outs.

I am trying to do white, it looks so good on other's layouts, but I can't pull it of yet.

I also think font work is hot! I'm working on that too.

Kim

scraprascal
07-21-2005, 05:08 PM
I can't add anymore to what you have, Kim--ITA!!

paula_duncan
07-21-2005, 06:02 PM
I would have to say I'm with Kim....I love white space and simplicity. I have to say the I too sometimes have a hard time with it but I really like it when it works

holly
07-21-2005, 06:11 PM
creative journaling - how can i do it more creatively in my words and of course in the placement of it.

Laura_A
07-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Photo filters! I may a little behind the times, but I just started playing with filters and I'm hooked!

~~Andie~~
07-21-2005, 08:20 PM
graphic styles and great paterned paper!

rh_scrapbooker
07-21-2005, 09:43 PM
OptikVerve photo filters! :D

Rachel

Leora
07-21-2005, 09:54 PM
okay..I just downloaded the optikverve filters and LOOOOOOOOVe them! How did I ever get along w/o them??? But actually I love to use TEXT in all diff ways on my LOs. I am hopelessly addicted to fonts!!!

~~Andie~~
07-21-2005, 10:55 PM
i hate that optiknerves filters are only for the PC!

andreavictoria
07-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Fun thread!

I'm in the same boat with Kim! I love clean, simple, graphic layouts. Creative font work is also something I'm trying to work on too.

suzy
07-22-2005, 08:19 AM
I love the clean and simple styles that are so in fashion at the moment. I also love layering. In terms of my layouts, I am trying to include some journaling on every page.

KimMauch
07-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Another thing to add:
I love Retro/Mod patterns and colors.

Kim

SimplySara
07-22-2005, 05:40 PM
I've been very into word art, and flowers. But I like the flowers to be detailed with colors, not just stamped on. I also LOVE stitching.

Sara

sweetmindy
07-22-2005, 08:16 PM
I love white space lines dots and word arts. I have to have some white somewhere in my LO are it wouldn't look right to me.

thequeenofquirk
07-23-2005, 02:51 AM
i like the really clean and graphic look, too....and i am ALWAYS mixing pp....i really like unexpected combos.

hey! where can i get a look at those filters? google came up with nothing...anyone have an address? i would love to see them. TIA! :)

Leora
07-23-2005, 02:54 AM
go to optikvervelabs.com they make it too easy!!!! :)

happyrobyn
07-24-2005, 10:23 PM
I love bright, fun patterned papers. Stripes that coordinate with flowers, etc. I also love clear negative sleeves.

isaacsmom
07-25-2005, 12:18 AM
I love playing with white space layouts. I use OptikVerve on nearly every layout. And I love to incorporate journaling. I know my son will love to read it all later.

ScrapHappyME!
07-25-2005, 12:22 AM
~I always journal somewhat.
~I love white space lately!
~I love a good stitch!
~FONTS are fun. They are my friend. LOL
~"Hand-stamped" titles!
~Looooooooove good patterned papers!

thequeenofquirk
07-25-2005, 03:38 AM
thanks, leora! i was wondering what i was doing wrong! LOL

ooooh! and fontwork!! yay! i LOVE fonts and playing around with them! :)

lunafaerie
07-28-2005, 07:58 PM
I think I'm behind the curve a little because I'm still so new to scrapbooking, but I love all the layouts with white space, and clean simple lines. Stitching always makes me happy, even though I don't use it much, hmmmm. I love the blues and browns together and have seen them alot this season, like in Holly's Friends kit.
I love tags with quotes and word art already made for me, I'm awful at coming up with titles and such.
I really need to try all the photo techniques that everyone talks about.

MelissaL88
07-30-2005, 07:56 PM
I keep trying the graphic look...less is more, you know ;) I love stitching and little things to attach - brads, eyelets & staples. I've also been experimenting with covering elements with patterned paper. Everything from Alphas to slide mounts to frames.

KD11b
08-09-2005, 08:12 PM
It is hard to come up with my favorite thing to do right now, as I am so addicted that everything seems wonderful! But, I would have to say that I am starting to experament with using only one photo and seeing what kind of embellishments I can use to jazz up the page!

~Katie

moischka0595
08-16-2005, 08:21 AM
I love all the graphic layouts that I've been seeing lately. So that's probably my favorite style right now. Whether it's with white space or just graphic lines, just simple but "finished" looking.

I'm also working on adding more "story" to my layouts when I can so there's something interesting to read and remind me (or whoever) of what the picture's about. That's always the most fun part to look back at years later anyway, I think.

I also think it's fun to make the chipboard alphas or other elements with the action from atomic cupcake. I can't believe she just GIVES that stuff away!! Lucky us!!

ScrapnShamrock
08-23-2005, 01:58 AM
I am loving Actions for PS CS....lol.

I hadn't touched a program like PS or PSP for much prior to the day I tried out digital scrapping....so as I learn stuff...the Actions make some things that I just can't get right everytime....perfect everytime.

There are other things listed in the thread that I love too....but this one just jumped out at me when I read the first post.

Dawn

Carmel
08-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Ha ha ha tons...

First I would say how easy to do digital than paper cuz I can do it at work! :)

I think stictches is something I really like on digital because I cannot stitch on my paper layouts. I'm no sewer! :)

MariKoegelenberg
08-23-2005, 08:55 AM
I Love jellies, stamps and vellum tags I use them so much in my layouts! LOL! Oh and don't forget the gorgeous patterned papers!

KristyAnn
08-23-2005, 03:45 PM
wow.. .now I want to go and try all you have listed.

I would love to master the white space looks.

I seem to be addicted to digi -chipboard letters these days!

I also like this strips of horizontal pattern papers stacked up thing I have been seeing al ot in galleries.

Actions --- can a girl have enough? They are like shoes... never.

gotta go try my optikverves some again.

Candiflip
08-24-2005, 02:03 PM
I love stuff like patterned/textured papers, stitchings, humm what are they called they are like circles kind of like a preset, I like a lot of things that other people do with there LO's but have yet to try It, LOL.

Candice