PDA

View Full Version : Jen Wilson - Meaningful Contest

scrapsandsass
09-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Okay... I figured everyone would already know about it, but I saw that there were people who didn't, so I thought I'd share.

Jen Wilson is doing an 8-week contest... here are the details from her site...

The Official Rules for the Meaning•ful Contest

Each layout must be an original work and cannot be a scraplift of anyone else’s work including your own. To qualify for the contest, your layout must be uploaded to the Contest section in the JWD Gallery. Once it has been uploaded to JWD, you may post it anywhere else you like. All of your contest layouts must be square, i.e. 8 x 8, 12 x 12, etc., and must include some part(s) of that week’s Meaning kit. You are welcome to use any other designers’ work as well to complete your page. Proper crediting is a must.

Each Saturday, except for the first week, a chat will be held to announce that week’s challenge and to launch that week’s Meaning kit. Each challenge will include an artistic and technical component which both must be completed in order to qualify for prizes. The artistic component will include directional and thematic prompts while the technical side will include things such as number of photos, style, etc. This will be an eight week challenge and while it is not mandatory to complete each week’s assignment, doing so will qualify you for that week’s prizes as well as a posting bonus that includes add-ons for each kit.

The JWD creative team and I will be judging contest layouts on originality, aesthetics, creativity, and overall completion of the challenge. No one will be eliminated from the contest, but those pages judged as ‘best of show’ will be rewarded with prizes from any of the following sponsors:

SilkeScraps
Meredith FenWick Designs
Trish Jones Designs
Kim Christensen Designs
Diamante Designs
Sarah Jones
Heather Melzer
Kimberly Geswein
Vera Lim
Digiscrap Central Elements Team
Sweet Cheeks Photography
SaraAmarie
Robin Cabana
Kimberly Giarrusso & Julie Howard
Stacey Mann
Miss Mint (Peppermint Creative)
Robin Carlton
Lynne Simmons
Emily Powers
Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Gina Miller
Denise Bailey
Tracy Murphy
Dianne Rigdon
Christy Sturm of Butternug Squash Designs
Susan Bartolini of Scrap Kitchen
JWD for LIFE GRAND PRIZE WINNER
$150.00 CASH
25 other Gift Certificates from JWD
Custom Kit
Voucher for Custom Printed Album

This contest is about creating pages with more meaning and creativity, and I hope you find this a great eight weeks that really gets you thinking about those things that mean the most to you! You won’t want to miss one second!

MarshaZepeda
09-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Just out of curiosity... since I'm clueless and had no clue about this thing... (lol!) is it too late to enter?

scrapsandsass
09-07-2006, 08:10 PM
I think you can jump in anytime. You wouldn't be eligible for the overall grand prize, unless you post all weeks, but there are weekly prizes. And I haven't had much time to read everything, but I think that someone said that you as long as you do all 8, you may be eligible to win... so you could play catch up (I think... but check to make sure because I'm not 100% on that).

Hom74
09-07-2006, 08:50 PM
It's not too late to enter. Doing all the LOs by the end of the 8 weeks will increase your chance of winning the Grand Prize. There are posting bonuses for those that u/l within the week of the challenge and weekly prizes. Week #1 winners have already been announced and I believe there were 8 winners. Week #2 LOs are due either Friday or Saturday...I forget.

There's gonna be a chat every Saturday to announce the previous week's winners, launch the new week's Meaning-ful kit and the new challenge for the week.

d2vasquez
09-08-2006, 12:32 AM
OH I thought it was too late and was busy with school stuff but you know Jen Wilson sent me the freebie for posting which I thought was incredibly cool....thanks for the heads up....going to try and do this! :)

Cynnder
09-08-2006, 12:46 AM
so neat...wish I had more time.............guess I need to prioritize ! LOL!

lindse
09-08-2006, 04:24 AM
I love Jen Wilson´s designs, but I think it will be too expensive for me to enter every week - but I LOVE looking at her contest gallery, so much talent!
And what wonderful challenges. I think I will do them just without having to use her new weekly kit, cause the challenges is so well thought off!

Laura_A
09-08-2006, 04:35 AM
I learned about the contest on the last day to enter the 1st LO, so I'm going to do that one to get caught up and then also do this week's... if I can find the time that is. LOL

scrapsandsass
09-08-2006, 03:03 PM
I love Jen Wilson´s designs, but I think it will be too expensive for me to enter every week - but I LOVE looking at her contest gallery, so much talent!
And what wonderful challenges. I think I will do them just without having to use her new weekly kit, cause the challenges is so well thought off!

I know what you mean. The good thing about it is that she's splitting the kit into 2 parts... elements and papers, so you could only buy one... and that would be like the price of a latte per week :)

Rynonut Mom
09-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah - you don't have to buy both the elements and papers - just one or the other. So only $3 a week, but that does add up over 8 weeks.

scrapsandsass
09-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah... darn addition anyway. :) I am still hoping to win the Lotto so I can start a 'digiscrapping fund grant program' for those times when you are dying for a kit and can't afford it... there'd be a fun application process and everything. :)

Heather_R
09-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Kimberlee that is too funny! And also a great idea - if you do win the lottery I am going to hold you to this pledge!!LOL

Hom74
09-08-2006, 06:25 PM
It's fun to play along. There are sooo many generous designers that donated prizes AND the grand prize of Jen Wilson Designs for life!!! That's an awesome prize :D

pbumbaca
09-09-2006, 08:29 AM
And here I am liking digi scrapping cause it's so much cheaper than paper scrapping! I love the fact that I can use a piece paper or an embellishment over and over again where when I'm in my scraproom I never have any black cardstock!

This looks like a very cool contest! I'm taking a break from entering things for awhile tho. Good luck to all that enter!