PDA

View Full Version : Printing Service

happyrobyn
07-25-2005, 08:44 PM
I don't know about you guys but I can't afford a wide-body printer right now so most of my layouts sit in my computer waiting for the day that they will be picked to be printed!! However, at my business (I own a children's motor skill development facility), we take pictures of the kids at the end of every semester. I was talking to our photographers and telling them about my printing dilemma and they got very excited about the possibilities. This was last semester. I have been helping them by answering questions and letting them "test print" some of my layouts. Anyway, they are providing some awesome quality prints for $8 (full 12x12 prints). If any of you are interested in having someone print your layouts, go to www.printmyscrapbook.com.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm advertising for them ... I just know how hard it was to find someone to print my layouts at a reasonable cost. They are honest and have a good turn-around time. But it pays to save up 5 or 10 layouts and print them at the same time or else you will pay S&H on each one.

holly
07-25-2005, 09:19 PM
how quick are they?

i need to find a place to print my 12 x 12 layouts for the MMMasters.

happyrobyn
07-25-2005, 09:24 PM
I get them in about a week. If you are seriously interested, I know the guy personally and I can tell him that you need them right away.

holly
07-25-2005, 09:45 PM
I am...but since i only have two out of my five layouts done (ha ha) i'm not sure how quick i'll need them. if i can bust a move here tomorrow and get more done then i should be okay under the postmark deadline of August 15th.

happyrobyn
07-25-2005, 10:24 PM
LOL Holly! I'm gonna email you.

MarshaZepeda
07-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Yeah, let me know, too... I was gonna do them at Costco but if this place is cheaper with good quality, maybe I'll go with them, too... :)

happyrobyn
07-25-2005, 11:13 PM
How much does Costco cost for a 12x12?

Laura_A
08-01-2005, 07:01 PM
I guess I should have read this whole thread... LOL. I just sent them an email asking how long it takes and if they could accomodate my MMM LOs. Robyn, maybe you could put in a good word for me? heehee

happyrobyn
08-01-2005, 07:04 PM
They should be able to do that. Very friendly and easy to deal with. I've already put in a good word for all of my "chick" friends!!!

MarshaZepeda
08-02-2005, 10:53 AM
How much does Costco cost for a 12x12?

OOPS! :( Sorry that it took me so long to reply to that q, Robyn... I somehow missed this thread... ??? Anyway, it cost me $2.99 to print a 12x18. I put one 12x12 and 2 6x6 on one sheet and then cut them there with their awesome cutting machine. (One that I want SOOOOOO bad!) lol!

KimMauch
08-02-2005, 12:05 PM
I plan on going to COSTCO... good to know they have a cutting machine. I was wondering if I would have to attempt to make those cuts myself.

Kim

frankcassiesmom
10-31-2005, 09:23 PM
I was thinking of trying Costco too. How did everyone's Costco layouts turn out?

sinead
10-31-2005, 11:17 PM
Mine came out great. I did a 12x18 print and got 1 12x12 LO and two 6x6s. The 12x12 was a little askew (barely noticeable), but that was easily trimmed. I also have to mention that I don't know if it was skewed because of something they did or something I did--it was my first digi LO, so I could have messed something p.

travelgirlut
11-01-2005, 12:22 PM
I'd feel selfish keeping this info to myself so I hope you don't mind me sharing it here! My sister works at a printing press and they have a professional color printer (one of those really big ones that takes up a whole room). Anyways, depending on the type of paper that you want your LO's printed on you can get them for about $1.50 a piece. As long as you have a $50 minimum order. That works out to be 34 12x12 LO's. The paper is 12x18 so you can fit one 12x12 on each or two 8.5x11's. (Therefore you would need twice as many 8.5x11's to meet the minimum order.) They print them and cut them down for you and ship them. I think they ship UPS. Not sure about the rates. You have to call them to set up an account, but once you've done that everything is done over the internet. I've printed out 50 some odd pages with them and they look great. You can choose from all sorts of papers, glossy, matte, card stock, regular paper, etc. If any of you are interested in this let me know and I'll get you the number and website!

anne357
11-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I just found a link to this site http://www.shinynickels.com/ . They advertise 12x12 layouts printed on glossy paper for $2.00.

I know nothing about this site, and have not used it. Just wondering if anyone else has?