PDA

View Full Version : I'm new...and need help!

karen77ca
07-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Hey, my name is Karen, I reside in Ontario, Canada. My hubby is in the military and I am a SAHM with 2 lovely children.

I have been a traditional scrapper for a few years now but enjoy digi- scrapping more. I am just starting to teach myself to use Adobe Photoshop to help me in my endeavour to preserve memories. I have done some reading in the forums and realize that I know pretty much nothing! Anyone have any advice on the best way to go about learning this wonderful art? Tutorials? Classes? Books? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm a sponge, and I just want to know everything right now! LOL

~~Andie~~
07-27-2005, 05:04 PM
I think the best books are by Scott kelby.

c_lyle
07-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Welcome Karen! Glad you joined us!

MarshaZepeda
07-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Welcome! :D Glad you joined us!

I love Scott Kelby books, too! :)

The way I first started is by searching for tutorials on the internet. The best thing to do is to learn what each of your tools is for. (This will also happen over time; you'll learn how to manipulate your tools for quicker results...) There's a book by Steve Caplin called "How to cheat in Photoshop" and it's really, really good. I recommend it highly! I like it because he shows you the 'tools' first... then he goes into tutorials... hth!

Vania16
07-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Welcome! I also recommend Scott Kelby - great books. I got the Photoshop Bible early on and it's been a big help too - answers every question (and I do mean every - it's huge so it's a little daunting, but very helpful). I also did a lot of the tutorials around the net - just do a google search and you will find a bunch of great free tutorials on how to do things :)

Amy Tanabe
07-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Hi! I'm glad you are here! Ya Know I learned basically by trial and error so unfortunately I'm not much help!

paula_duncan
07-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Welcome Karen! I took some online courses to help me learn and Christy helped quite a bit too....lol but if you check out about.com they offer lessons in the art of Photoshop. I learned a lot.