PDA

View Full Version : Raining and Pouring...

sinead
10-20-2006, 01:07 PM
You know that saying that if it doesn't rain, it pours? Welcome to my life...

My FIL has been dealing with Prostate Cancer. He's not doing seeding, but something like temporary seeding or something--it's a fairly new procedure with a 95% success rate. Anyway, he's done all the radiation and has the actual implant processes today and next Friday.

His sister (DH's aunt) just had a baby on Wednesday, but she's been in the hospital for two weeks with blood pressure spikes (up to 200/100 at one point!!!). SHe's 43, so she was already high risk. THey ended up doing an amnio to check baby's lungs and that broke her water and she ended up with a c-section--all is well with mom and baby.

My mom has been dealing with some crazy symptoms. At first we blamed it on a bad head/sinus infection and a severe inner ear infection. She's been dizzy and passing out as well--no balance. Then she started getting heart palpitations. Just the last two days, she's had flashes and flares in her eyes. She went in yesterday and the opthamologist checked her for detached retinas, which it's not, thank God, though he said it could be in the beginning stages. Went in today for a CAT scan. Her blood pressure is fine, but we're stumped about what the heck is going on with her.

Now I find out this morning that DH's grandma (who has been in a nursing home for 2+ years with Alzheimer's) stopped eating 3 days ago. They've decided that they're going to leave everything as it is right now and not put in the feeding tube--there's no way she can get better, and she hasn't known anyone for years. So in a matter of days, she'll be gone.

Did I mention that DH is out of town for the week and won't get back til next Wednesday (unless he has to come home sooner because of Grandma)?

Oh, and that I'm 33 weeks pregnant and measuring a month ahead?

Seriously. I need a break. Please God everybody else will just stay healthy or mostly healthy until most of this stuff is resolved one way or the other and I can go on and just have this baby. No more stress my way, please!!!

So if anybody has any prayers to spare for the above list, please send them on. I don't discriminate--I'll take prayers of any creed or color or whatever. Prayers and love are prayers and love.

Off to snuggle with Maggie and rejoice in her youth and energy for a few minutes. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Nonnie917
10-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Aw, Sinead I sure hope things get better for you soon. I will keep you in my prayers. Things will be okay. Try to take a few minutes each day and forget about the problems and enjoy your daughter. Watch some silly kids programs with her that will take you mind off things for a while.

tamra
10-20-2006, 01:24 PM
oh Sinead, sorry to hear about everything that going on. As if the due date issue isn't stressful enough! I will definitely be praying for you and your family. I'm sure you will feel better once dh is home, too. It always seems to be harder when you're "alone" with all those kinds of things going on.

Charla
10-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Sinead (((hugs))). Those aren't fun things to deal with, especially all at once and without the support of your DH. You're definitely in my prayers!!

scrappinmichele
10-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Oh my....I wish I could come and help you out somehow.... :D But know that I'm sending well wishes your way!!!

KimberlyGiarrusso
10-20-2006, 02:06 PM
AWWWW SWEETHEART! What an aweful mess. I wish I could give you a huge hug! I will keep you and all your family in my prayers. Hugs.

~ashleigh
10-20-2006, 02:18 PM
big ((((((HUGS))))))), Sinead! I am thinking of you and your family.

Valgal
10-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Aww, girl! I am praying for you RIGHT NOW (ok, as soon as I'm done with this post, tee hee). So sorry you're stressed out. I know what you mean, these things always come in bundles. (((hugs)))

Rynonut Mom
10-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Hugs Sinead! That's alot for anyone to handle, let alone a pregnant someone! LOL!
Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way!

MarshaZepeda
10-20-2006, 02:36 PM
:60: Hugs girl... I know it's hard to NOT think of everyone and everything else but just remember - your family (IMMEDIATE) is number one... you've GOT to take care of YOU, Maggie and the lil one growing inside you... don't stress! Leave it in God's hands... He'll make a way... :heart: Relax... prayers are coming your way!

Angela
10-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Geesh, woman! I'm so sorry to hear about all the craziness going on in the family right now. MANY prayers for peace and comfort.

sinead
10-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, some of the prayers have been answered already--thanks so much!!!

My mom's scan came back clear. They've diagnosed her with a severe inner ear infection and vertigo. Whew! She had been nervous about an anyerism (how in the heck do you spell that?!) because one of her cousins had one a few years ago, but she's ok other than the dizziness. Whew!

Thanks for all the prayers!!

scrapsandsass
10-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Hang in there... I know it is a really rough time... but you do have all of us here if you need support. Even though it is virtual, I'm sure the positive vibes will reach you. HUGS!!!!

chloe
10-21-2006, 04:40 AM
Oh, ((((((hugs)))))) to you and your family! Take care of yourself, girl, it'll go better soon, be confident!

Laura_A
10-21-2006, 05:12 AM
Aww girl.. I'm so sorry about all this. I wish I could come hug you right now. I did say a prayer for you and I'll continue to ask God to give you peace through all this. Now, if you need a TDC break... PLEASE let me know!

sinead
10-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Dude, TDC keeps me sane. :regular_s I might not be posting as much these days, but I'm always lurking! lol Thanks so much!!

Valgal
10-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I am SO glad to hear that it's an ear infection! When does dh get back?

RachelS
10-21-2006, 11:11 AM
oh honey that is way more than most people could handle, pregnant or not! i'm so sorry. you and your family will be in my prayers.

jennamelia
10-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Our prayers will be with you too. My 2 year old says the sweetest prayers... better teach him your name.

sinead
10-21-2006, 03:59 PM
DH gets back on Wednesday--unless he has to fly back early for his grandma. Apparently, things can go quickly once they stop eating and drinking (drinking especially, but I'm not sure if she's drinking or not).

You girls are all so sweet and supportive. I'm SO relieved about my mom, who is still having a hard time with the Vertigo because it just comes on all of a sudden and is really severe...thank God it isn't something incredibly serious!

off to chase maggie around so she doesn't bug my mom! :regular_s Thanks again!

Laura_A
10-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Thank goodness your mom is going to be ok! I'm so glad... now she just needs to get over the ear infection... poor thing. Check that one off the list.. whew!

hawaiianbrat96
10-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Sinead, you know you need not ask twice with me for thoughts and prayers. They are on their way and hopefully will help you in your time of need.