PDA

View Full Version : The people who just can't kill threads keep talking...

Pages : 1 [2]

Charla
11-29-2006, 03:59 PM
We're getting a Casio Exilim EX-P505 (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1758441,00.asp), which is supposed to take great pictures and good videos. We had planned on asking for a camcorder, so this kills two birds with one stone. DH thought it was really funny that I wanted one with manual options, but to me that isn't even an option!

I'm making a turkey for dinner (we didn't get many leftovers from our Thanksgiving dinners) and man, does it smell good. It won't be done for 3 more hours, but it's making me soooo hungry!! :)

Brandy
11-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Kim: i couldnt get into the book either so i cant wait to rent it lol
Rachel: aw hun i'm sorry the kids are still sick :(
Charlene-sorry to hear bout hte camera but yay for the new one.

feels like forever since i've been in lmao. since i've been working i've been so tired by this time i can barely keep my eyes open...lol i did though get a layout done lmao. and blah lmao. but the boys are doing good. jeff is taking owen to his dr appointment.....by himself....tomarro so i pray that goes smoothly. he is usually better with jeff when i'm not around so i think it'll be good. and i'm doing good.....work is going great i love it. and now that we know i get paid every week it's helping alot more then we thought. so this week we get two checks cuz jeff gets paid. and next week's should be a good amount too cuz i got some good hours lol. and on the good note lmao....we are officially ttc #2!!!!! we are trying but not trying so i dont get myself all upset lmao. i cant wait!!!

RachelS
11-29-2006, 11:35 PM
oooh yay brandy! i'm so glad everything is going well for you guys!

Charla
11-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Brandy, I'm so glad you're doing well :) Sorry you're so tired...suddenly working, especially on your feet for so long, is tiring! Hope you get used to it quickly.
And how exciting!! Enjoy the process of TTC ;) Hope it doesn't take too long...I know how disheartening it can be to keep getting BFN when you think "this is the month!" :)

ccouch
11-29-2006, 11:56 PM
Howdy friends!! It's been a few days!
Charlene - congrats on getting a new camera! Here's hoping you get it early!!
Brandy - I'm glad things w/ the job are going well! And woo hoo on the TTC :) We're hoping to start after the first of the year. I'm not on insurance right now and that has been a big waiting thing for us. We met with the insurance rep today, so we're on the track to our family addition :)
Rachel - sorry about the kiddos, girl! Hope everyone's feeling better soon!

Not too much is new here. Had a great visit w/ my mom. We had an awesome photo shoot w/ my girlfriend today. She was taking pics of Camille for our Christmas cards. They turned out so great, but she left for NY this afternoon without dropping off the disc, so I have to wait until next week to get them :( Good news, though - I have now lost 10 pounds - yeay, go me!! I can't update the blinkie cause for some reason the link where those TDC weight loss blinkies is down. Oh well! Better than a blinkie...I went and bought jeans last week and was a size smaller. I actually lost over Thanksgiving!

Sorry to ramble....nighty-night! Y'all come to the Elf chat tomorrow night :)

Charla
11-29-2006, 11:59 PM
That's awesome, Christine!! Good for you! That's gotta feel good :)
And yay on getting to TTC soon too :) Since so many of us pregnant chickies are getting closer to delivery (or are already holding our babies), it's good to know that others will keep the trend going. Can you believe Jan was the only one pregnant (at least that let us know about it) and then none, and now so many?? Funny how that happens :)

Don't think I'll be at the Elf chat...my parents have the video but I haven't been able to borrow it, and one time through a year ago won't help me much. All I remember is Will Ferrell was funny :)

Brandy
11-30-2006, 10:22 AM
thanks ladies! i know how heartbroken i'll feel when i think and want me to be so bad so that is why were not trying but trying lmao.

christine-yay!!! thats awsome i'm sooooo proud of you! your doing great! cant wait to see the pics!

Charla
11-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Brandy, that was my goal too. We weren't officially trying when we got pg with this one, so the month before, I wasn't heartbroken when I got a bfn. :)

Brandy
11-30-2006, 10:32 AM
right plus when your trying but not trying lmao you dont stress so much lmao

Brandy
11-30-2006, 10:32 AM
okay ladies off to get ready for work i might be back if not see you at bout 3 :)

scrapsandsass
12-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Man... I read Brandy's entry about TTC and thought.... everyone is either TTC or PG! Then I scroll down and see Christine's post. LOL. I feel like the only one who isn't. :) My friend, Lisa, from Texas, is having her baby tomorrow morning. She's have a c-section, so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly for her. This is her second (and final) baby. It's so weird to have had a baby when I was 18... now my DD is 18 and all of my friends are just starting to have kids (or their kids are little). The other weird thing is that my brother and his wife don't want kids, and my sister (only 18 so it may change) doesn't want kids... so I won't even be an aunt. Sheesh.

No little ones to take to see Santa. I am going to have to take the darn dog. Hahahaha. We got an ad about a new dog store that is opening a couple of blocks away. They're having a grand opening and you can take your dog in to have a free pic with Santa Paws.

Well, I guess I'd better get to bed. Hope you are all doing well.

DH stayed and worked from home today. DD was at home too, so we watched a couple episodes of Top Chef and then went to the mall and to Borders to start my Christmas shopping. I had a coupon for Borders, plus my monthly rewards discount and reward dollars ($25)... we found a deal on 3 books for the price of 2 (we got six), and I got a present for my sister that was 20% off, so I ended up getting $140 worth of books for $65! The cashier was impressed.

RachelS
12-01-2006, 06:47 AM
wow kimberlee i would be impressed to!

Brandy
12-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Kim- what a great deal! and i'll be keeping your friend in my prayers hun. and i LOVE top chef!

no work for me today. we are snowed in. ugh! and it's pay day and cant get no check now til tomarro :(

Charla
12-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Kimberlee, that really must be a strange place to be in! You like to take the road less travelled, eh? What awesome deals! How fun!!

Brandy, so sorry about all the snow and the delayed check. Yuck, and yuck!

Jasmine and I are going shopping with my mom and her friend, her daughter (one of my closest friends) and her new baby :) I'm so excited!! The four of us used to go shopping when Joanna and I were little, so this is a neat thing to do again. I'm hoping to get some serious Christmas shopping done today! :)

scrapsandsass
12-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Hope you get lots of shopping done, Charlene.

Brandy... that stinks that you're snowed in with no check. Hopefully it will clear for you to go tomorrow.

I'm going to go have lunch with my grandma today. If she's feeling okay, that is. I talked to her about lunch yesterday and she told me she had slipped on some ice and had fallen onto her back and whacked her head on the ground. I told her she should go to urgent care, but she refused. Stubborn old people! I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't feel up to going today. She just worries me sometimes.

We have a busy weekend ahead and I'm not sure how to squeeze everything in. We're going to go and get our tree tomorrow and then get it all decorated. There's a Santa parade through town with a tree lighting. I always love that kind of stuff. DH thinks it is sappy, but I love that small town feel. A few years ago, when I was really involved with the Jaycees, we took part in the parade and it was so much fun. We haven't been since then, so I really want to go. I also really wanted to go up to Seattle. There's a craft/art show called Urban Uprising (I think) where they sell handmade items to refocus on the importance of art and the local community. I'm not sure if we'll be able to go though because my friend, Casey, wants me to come down either Saturday or Sunday morning to see how they do the breakfast stuff at their B&B. I'm supposed to take over the place Monday-Wednesday. Luckily they will only have one guest, so it won't be a major production, but I still should go and figure out what their process is. I'm just not sure how to fit it all in. The B&B is in Olympia, which is about 30 miles south of here, and Seattle is 30 miles north of here... so I don't think that I'm going to be doing all of that in one day. Grrr. And DH just came up with a meeting that he has to go to on Monday, so it's going to be a logistics mess. Maybe I'll head down on Saturday morning, come back and do the whole tree thing and then I'll have Sunday to do my thing and get ready to go back down.

What is everyone else doing this weekend?

It's amazing how fast things you can end up getting a full calendar in the month of December.

ccouch
12-01-2006, 03:19 PM
kimberlee, please tell your grandma to get checked out just in case. two weeks ago, my cousins' grandfather passed away. he was walking outside their home, slipped and hit his head on the concrete. he got up, dusted himself off, and even laughed with his son about being a klutz. later that afternoon, his head was really hurting him, so he went to get checked out. he died just a couple of hours later while under observation at the hospital. i believe it was hemorraging or swelling of the brain. he was about 90 and in fantastic health, so it was a huge shock to all of my family.

i don't want to scare you or anything, but i do think it's good to share these kinds of things with people we care about. i know that if any of us ever has any head injury we'll get checked out asap.

i'm going to reschedule our chat for next thursday (charlene, now you have time to see the movie, ha ha !!) same time, same place.

have a great day girlies!!

RachelS
12-06-2006, 05:54 AM
wow.... this is a problem!!! can you believe none of us have posted here in nearly 5 days?!?!!?!!??

Charla
12-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Wow! The thread really was dying, huh? How'd that happen??

I love all the adorable avis. I'll have to try to get Jasmine wearing Josh's Santa hat :)

Off to see how many people have downloaded my new kit ;)

scrapsandsass
12-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I saw that it had drifted off the front page... but I figured everyone was busy and tired of talking. :D

I'm innsitting and waiting for the guest to come down for breakfast so then I can go up and get my room straightened out and then when she checks out (11:00), I can hurry up and get home. DH couldn't stay last night and DD bailed on me. So I was all by my lonesome. :(

I've been talking to DH about the possibility of turning one of the bedrooms upstairs into a B&B room. Then when DD moves out, we could have 2 B&B rooms. That way, any remodeling we do (I really want a new kitchen) would be tax deductible. :D We'll see how it goes. We live in an area where there aren't a lot of hotels (two cheap motels that are scary). So I think that we might have a good chance of having people stay. We're a couple of blocks from the Puyallup Fairgrounds. They have events going every weekend, so I think that we'd get a steady stream of people if we wanted. And if some days we didn't feel like it or were going out of town (or the kids were back at home for a weekend), we could just not schedule anyone. Anyway... just some thoughts.

How is everyone doing???

Charlene - have you been looking around for a new home since LL is closing? That just seems so crazy!

Charla
12-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Kimberlee, how cool about the idea of a small B&B! That would be so neat :)
I'm still in the "(sigh) I don't know what to do (sigh)" phase of things right now. I put my calendar up on our website, letting people know they're free to give a paypal donation, but the others are on ice until I know what I'm doing. I'm not allowed to look at PayPal right now because DH is buying my Christmas presents through it, since I do the regular banking. But I'm not counting on people actually doing that...I just want people to have the opportunity to use it!!
(so that means all of you can go snatch it too, if you want...it's here: www.joshandcharlene.com ) :)

Brandy
12-06-2006, 08:52 PM
i'm sorry your homeless charlene! that stinks. hope ya get it figured out soon. it's a big choice to make.

Kim- that B&B sounds like an awsome idea.

blah so it is almost 8pm and owen is still WIDE awake...ugh.

scrapsandsass
12-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Arrgggh. I need a new computer for Christmas! Most of the time, I can't get online. I can't open things. I can't get things to come up in a new window. I can't download most stuff. It is crazy. I just did a system restore to try to fix it, and although I got online temporarily, it still isn't fixed.

LOL. Just got done with the innsitting for one friend and another needs help today at her jewelry (cookie lee) show. I can only help for a little over an hour because I have a writers' group meeting, but it is kind of funny.

tamra
12-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry I have been out for so long. I've just been posting some here and there. I've still been feeling so sick, it's not even funny. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I am still alive :) For those of you who didn't notice I was gone, ... shame on you! just kiddin'

tamra
12-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Okay, so are we gonna have to change our names? Now we can be
"The Ex-Thread Killers Who Went Back to Killing Threads" or "The Back Slidden Ex-Thread Killers" or "The Ex-Thread Killers Back In Business"
yadda yadda yadda ... I could go on.
We can't let it die!

RachelS
12-13-2006, 10:25 PM
holy cow that was a long kill!

scrapsandsass
12-14-2006, 01:43 AM
My computer has been dead. We took it to Best Buy and tried to get them to repair it under the service plan... but they didn't. They claim that there isn't any problem with the hardware and it is the operating system, but I brought it back home after the couldn't even find the laptop earlier when I called. I did a destructive restore, and set the operating system back to factory defaults, but it didn't work and it randomly kicks me off without warning and shuts down. I miss you guys lots! We may have to get a new computer. :(

Hugs to you all!

ccouch
12-14-2006, 09:43 AM
oh no, kimberlee! hope you guys get it all worked out!

my jaw about hit the desk this morning when i saw this thread was active. what a dork i've been - - i've looked to see if there were any new posts on this thread without actually making the effort to getting it going again myself!

things have been good here :) DH and i sat down to watch a movie together last night - a rare occurence as of late. he's been working SOOOO much. wouldn't you know that it had to be the night that camille decided NOT to sleep? we got her in bed by 8:10 and i think she finally went to sleep around 11:45. phew!! i think she's not feeling well, cause that's totally not like her. tummy ache and a bit of a fever :(

started addressing christmas cards last night and one of my super-cute silver gel pens from michaels decided not to work, so...it's back to the store to trade it out for another so that I can finish. i made a cutie little insert for our christmas letter that i'll upload later.

i've missed you girls! hope you all have a fantastic day!

Charla
12-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Christine, me too :) I would see if anyone had written, not considering I could have gone and dug for it :) So thanks, Tamra!!

Kimberlee, I'm so sorry about the computer problems. Soooo frustrating. When we got this laptop we didn't get the Circuit City warranty, but ended up getting one directly through Toshiba, which meant we can take it anywhere for repairs and they'll actually do it. Apparently you're not the only person to have problems with the stores actually fixing things!!!

Christine, how did the movie chat go last week? I saw all the "I'm sorry I missed it" posts and it made me hope you had lots more there :) (I thought it would be fun to tell my mom about the one that's up next because it's one of her favorite movies ;)

We took Jasmine to the zoo yesterday (you can see my layout, presently the most recent one in my gallery, linked in my siggy, if you're really interested ;) which was a lot of fun, though very cold. And today is the all-exciting Cleaning Day. Actually it's not too bad around here, just messes in obvious places (like the living room floor) that make it look dirty around here.

I'm so torn. I'm just about finished with a kit I'm really, really excited about. My store is kaput (well, not totally anymore, but I'm still not there anymore) and with the baby coming in 10 weeks (!!!) I don't think this is the best time to look for a new store, especially since most have requirements for how many kits a month. But I'm dying to show off my creation!!! I guess it's a good lesson in patience and self-control, right???

tamra
12-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Well I'm glad everyone's talking again!
Kimberlee, sorry about your computer.
Christine, glad that you and hubby got to spend some time together last night but sorry that Camille isn't feeling well.
Charlene, cute LO. Have fun cleaning :) and can't wait to see your new kit! Remember that patience is a virtue!
Oh, and I tried to make the 1st Elf chat - I even got my mom to go, but that time didn't work. The rescheduled chat wasn't a success for me either because dh had stuff that he had to do! Sheesh can't a girl chat around here. Wouldn't you think he could wait on his work :)

Brandy
12-14-2006, 03:44 PM
aw kim i'm sorry bout the computer!

glad to know everyone is doing good and charlene 10 weeks left?! oh my lol. i cant wait to see the beautiful baby :D lol

blah i've been working soooo much. it's not really the number of hours i guess (4-5hours a shift) it's the number of shifts in a week i guess....well consecetive shifts. i worked last wed til yesterday straight and only get 1 day off this week.....today. but i had to call in tuesday because i've been feeling blah and nausious and EXTREMLY tired allllllll week. so blah. as much as i love Toys r us, i think it might be alittle tooooo busy for me but we'll see waht it's like after chrsitams and when we move.

Charla
12-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Tired and nauseous???? ;)

Brandy
12-15-2006, 10:34 AM
lol yeah thats how i've been feeling for a few weeks now lol. jeff thiks i am but i told him i doubt i'm pregnant. we did a test yesterday it was negative but i tested too early he thinks so we shall wait another 2-3 weeks and see (my monthly is due in 1-2 weeks)

Charla
12-15-2006, 10:37 AM
That's funny. Sorry there's no reason for it, then (at least not yet)...hope it gets easier.
One nice thing about retail before Christmas: no opportunity to get bored!! I started working as head of the craft department at JoAnn's right before Halloween, so the Christmas rush was my "trial by fire." The only problem with that was that I didn't know what to do with all my extra time after Christmas was over!! :)

ccouch
12-15-2006, 10:41 AM
oh, i worked at the Gap one Christmas season, and whoa! that was crazy!! one good thing was all the returns after Christmas was over. People would return stuff that had been put on clearance & the cashiers got first dibbs. with my discount, i got a cool pair of pants for $5 and a purse that I still carry for $2.

Sara Ellis
12-15-2006, 10:54 AM
oh my....I am the biggest bargain bunny....I would've loved that after Christmas fun at the Gap, Christine

Charla
12-15-2006, 10:57 AM
That's awesome! What a great perk :)

JoAnn's took good care of us...we got the Day After Thanksgiving sales a week or two ahead of time, and anything that wasn't marked down, we got for something like 50% off. So fun!! :)

Charla
12-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Un-burying this again...

Okay, girls, please, please tell me it's silly to work this hard for the posting contest!!!!! I'm getting far too stressed about it, which is so silly. But to come in second last time, I thought I had a shot. *sigh* I'm at my parents' house now, trying to chat with my mom, and at the same time catch all the layouts that had been posted since I left the house.

And it's totally not about the prize (though I'd adore a GC to the boutique!!!). It's knowing I'd gotten the most posts!!!

I'm so silly.

StaceyD
12-16-2006, 05:05 PM
I am like that too Charlene! Although this time I just don't have it in me to go all out. Last time I was a bit crazed and would dream about it!

sinead
12-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Just popping in for a second to say hi! Life has been crazy busy lately...I've been able to lurk a little here and there, but that's about it. Hopefully things will get back to normal (as normal as they'll ever be, anyway!) again soon.

Waves hi to everyone!!!

StaceyD
12-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks for checking in Sinead! Don't worry, your new family will fall into a groove soon!

Charla
12-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Sinead, I can only imagine! I know how long it took to feel like life was "normal" after Jasmine, but having a second?? I'm only 3 months behind you, so I may turn to you to say, "so, does it get easier??" and hopefully you'll be able to say yes :)

Thanks, Stacey! :) Yeah, I woke up earlier than normal this morning, and couldn't go back to sleep, wondering how many posts I'd need to make to stay in the lead/catch up again!

RachelS
12-16-2006, 06:50 PM
hehehe... i remember being obsessed about the posting contest last time! i decided not to try it this time! but i've been so busy working on my designs and figuring out where in the world my secret santa is... sniffle sniffle

BLTArmyGirl21
12-16-2006, 06:54 PM
hmmm well I'm hoping to post lots and lots and I don't have children, and my "hubby" doesn't NEED to eat and the dogs don't REALLY need their walks, right?!?! hehehe
Danni

RachelS
12-16-2006, 07:01 PM
LOL Danni!!!

StaceyD
12-16-2006, 08:01 PM
LOL Danni!!

Rachel, you haven't heard from your SS yet?

RachelS
12-16-2006, 08:03 PM
she posted a card in the gallery yesterday for me but no posts or anything since.

Charla
12-16-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry, Rachel! I hope you hear more!!
Does anyone have any idea whose theirs is? I've been so focused on my person that I haven't really tried to figure out who my SS is :)

I've decided to let it go. She was 60 ahead of me when I looked last, and I have church tomorrow. DH sweetly offered to get me a $10 gift card so I didn't feel the need to try for it. Even though I wasn't doing it for the prize, it did put things in perspective so I could walk away and not stress anymore.

I really don't like how stressed out I was...it wasn't me anymore!! So I'm settling back down now :) I'm going to post comments on as many new layouts as I can because it's fun, and I want to see how many I can post, but I'm done. :)

I'm 7 months pregnant now! How on earth????

StaceyD
12-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah Charlene, your baby has just flown across that ticker!!

I thought I had an idea of who my SS is but now I'm not sure!

BLTArmyGirl21
12-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Hehe-- Charlene-- you're so cute.... love that your hubby would get you a giftcard to make you feel better ;)

Who is it that you were watching the most??
Danni

sinead
12-16-2006, 09:18 PM
LOL at you, Charlene!

I tell ya, I had forgotten the nonstop nursing that a newborn does! Kate's pretty funny. She likes to nurse LOTS during the day, but then she'll go longer stretches at night. The rough thing (so far) is that I'm really trying hard to do things a little differently than I did with Maggie--not holding her as much, etc. I'm still holding her, obviously, but I'm trying to put her down to sleep instead of getting into the habit of holding her (though she'd obviously prefer for me to hold her all the time). Since her big sister is still having sleep issues, I'm trying to do as much as I can to set Kate up for better sleep habits. We'll see how that plan goes. lol

off to try to do a layout if Kate will cooperate!

StaceyD
12-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Sinead, good luck with the sleep habits. I failed with both of mine!

ccouch
12-16-2006, 09:51 PM
[quote=berekah]
I've decided to let it go. She was 60 ahead of me when I looked last, and I have church tomorrow. DH sweetly offered to get me a $10 gift card so I didn't feel the need to try for it. Even though I wasn't doing it for the prize, it did put things in perspective so I could walk away and not stress anymore.
quote]

Charlene, this is cracking me up cause I did seriously think about getting all post-happy and did the math and realized that it would be far cheaper to just buy myself the $10 gift certificate. Is that totally wrong? I know it's so not in the spirit of the challenge, but I just didn't want to get all stressed out :)

Brandy
12-16-2006, 09:57 PM
charlene-lol thanks yeah i'm just ugh lol and i know i so wanna play but ugh stinking work lol i'm gonna try my hardest though lol and what a sweet hubby you have! dh would look at me like i've got three heads growing out of me and laugh. but i cant believe your that far along already!!

christine-how cool would that be! lol. great deals lol. lol christine. i'm not stressed cuz i sure dont have the time to give it my all lmao!

sinead- :waves: i miss ya hun! i agree it'll fall into place soon. cant wait to have ya around some more :) and oh my?! she is 18 days old already?!!!! what is that lmao! hope the new things work hun.

Danni- lmao! tahts the way to be!

on a sadder note, we got a call today that his aunt passed away. and though we knew it was coming it's still hard.

ccouch
12-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Oh, Brandy, I'm sorry sweetie :( That stinks. Especially at the holidays. It's never easy to lose someone, no matter how "prepared" for it you think you might be. Our prayers are with your family.

(((hugs)))

tamra
12-16-2006, 10:08 PM
hi all! I'm off to check out the chat :)

Brandy
12-16-2006, 10:16 PM
thanks christine. i know i (as well as hubby) appreciate it :)

Charla
12-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Brandy, sorry to hear that. :( Even when you expect it, it's still not easy.

Like my new name?? :) I'm so excited!!

ccouch
12-17-2006, 01:26 PM
woo hoo, charlene - a little facelift?

BLTArmyGirl21
12-17-2006, 01:40 PM
I do love the new name Charlene... any other new things to show off?? I love the avatar too hehe ;) ;)
Danni

Charla
12-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Check out our board for info on what's coming, and hopefully soon a new preview ;)

ccouch
12-17-2006, 02:08 PM
charlene, do you have a little secret there?

BLTArmyGirl21
12-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Charlene- yea I read our boards yesterday hehehe--- hurry up with the preview or I'm going to tell Baby V to kick ya ;)
Danni

Charla
12-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Nothing too big...just that I'm going to stay on at Liddy's Loft. I just emailed my CT since I'm not sure how many people check it. But I just remembered (*blush*) that you had already responded to that, Danni!! Sorry!! :) And Baby V is doing a fantastic job of kicking me already!!!

Brandy
12-17-2006, 08:01 PM
love the new name charlene and thanks ladies for the support. I think my mom is going to keep oj over night tuesday and then wed til after the funeral. If she does we'll have to do our shopping tuesday night after we drop him off. ugh i feel blah from not being done or anything.

RachelS
12-17-2006, 08:44 PM
OMG you guys!!! last year, ryan got me nothing for christmas. in fact, all he did was give me a card a few days later. this year, he was so excited that he had to give me my present today! he got me this gorgeous strand of pearls!!! i am in shock!!! i don't even know what to think!!

ccouch
12-17-2006, 08:55 PM
woo hoo! maybe that new 'do just got his heart racing and he wanted to do something extra special for his hottie wife! LOL!

Brandy
12-17-2006, 09:07 PM
lol christine! but thats awsome rachel!!

Charla
12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Rachel, that's awesome!! I'm so glad :) Maybe he's just coming to his senses :)
(I like Christine's suggestion, though!) ;)

scrapsandsass
12-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey girlies. I've missed you soooooo much. :(

I've got non-stop computer issues, and then we had a big huge ugly storm Thursday night. I feel very lucky that we were without power for only a fraction of the time that some people have been without it, but it is still yucky to go through. I HATE being cold. My mom and sis came over Saturday night to stay because our power came back on by then. I think we're lucky that we live near the main part of town. We're only a couple of blocks from the police, the fire station, the city offices, the school district offices, etc... so we get priority. :D

I just wanted to pop in (while the computer would cooperate) and say 'hi'. We're getting ready to go to brave the pass to pick up DS in a little bit. Scary stuff. I'm hoping we won't have too many problems. DH is so excited though. We'll have Sam with us from today until the 30th. DH can barely stand the anticipation. :D Emily arrives at 12:30 on Christmas (right in the middle of our major dinner prep). We're going to try to get BIL to pick her up at the airport since we're hosting dinner for everyone.

I just started my Christmas shopping last night. Grrrrr. That is something that can really make you into a grinch quickly. It was insane at the mall. And now I'm having to buy extra things because I haven't been able to finish projects I'd started (digitally). :( I need to HURRY and get things done!

Anyway, I've been missing you all and am so excited to have been able to read and catch up with the last few pages.

Big hugs to you all!!!

Charla
12-18-2006, 11:32 AM
(((hugs))) Kimberlee! I'm so glad you got your power back quickly...definitely a perk of living there! (my parents are on the same grid as the airport, so they don't lose power for more than a few minutes; maybe an hour tops). And then to have to buy presents when you'd planned to make them...that's hard. I hope you get it done quickly and have fun in spite of the stress and crowds.

Reminds me; I need to mention to DH that we should go out tonight to get finished up. We only have stocking stuffers and a small gift for my sister, and then we're done...I've done pretty well keeping up with the wrapping, too, so I'm not feeling too stressed :) I'm almost done with making the last gifts, so DH will print those and I can get them done soon too! And then I can go back and finish my kit, and use the two kits I Just bought...

:)

Brandy
12-20-2006, 05:59 PM
welp today was the funeral and it went good. oj stayed with my mom and we picked him up after leaving the grave site....except we had to drive an extra 10 minuets to get him cuz she wasnt home when i called so that was little upsetting and then we went to his mom's for a luncheon and now were home.

RachelS
12-20-2006, 07:28 PM
man, i am ALMOST done with christmas shopping! i am so excited!! i have to figure out what to get for DH though.

Brandy
12-21-2006, 12:47 AM
blah have some possibly for owen still :( as well as his stocking stuffers :( and my dad and his brother.

Charla
12-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Wow. I think this thread is trying hard to die. Not quite ready to let it go though :)

How was everyone's Christmas? We had a lovely time; saw my family on the 24th and then had a big dinner/opened presents from DH's grandma with his extended family on the 25th. This Sunday his sister and BIL get back from Africa, and then we'll exchange presents with them and his parents. Jasmine LOVES presents so this should be fun!

Amy, you still reading? DH got me your 'retirement pack' for Christmas, so I'm finally able to play with your gorgeous kits :D

I have less than 2 months, max, before I'm holding my baby. Unbelievable!!! :)

scrapsandsass
12-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Wow! So much has happened since I've been away.

I got a new computer! So I'm finally back among the living (online anyway). I'm so excited. Not at the price I had to pay... but I guess it is worth it in the long run. :D I used the justification that I'm starting school on Jan 3 and need to be able to complete homework. DH just kind of gave me that "yeah right" look. But he couldn't say much since it came out of my "severance pay" savings.

Christmas was crazy for us (as usual). We had to have two events... one on Christmas Eve and one on Christmas... to support family issues. It is not easy to cook for 13-15 people two days in a row. We didn't even get the kitchen cleaned from Christmas Eve and we had to start again on Christmas. But DD was a big help on Christmas with clearing the table and getting the multiple loads of dishes done.

Anyway, I just got the new laptop up and running, but I have to take DD to the train station (she's going to Oregon to see her dad).

I just wanted to pop in to say "hi" and that you can't believe how much I've missed you all!!!!

Brandy
12-29-2006, 08:18 PM
yay kim welcome back i missed ya! hope she has a great time with her dad.

charlene-i cant believe it's almost your turn! aww cant wait to see the beautiful baby :D

Brandy
12-29-2006, 08:20 PM
oh i forgot lol:

Our christmas was good. oj got a kitchen set and wrestling figures that came with a belt for him. lol he loves the guys. and a shopping cart that sucked to put together lmao. and a toddler bed *yay* and table and chair set which he LOVES, so once my SIL gets her toddler bed out i can get oj's up. but i dont see that happening any time soon.

RachelS
12-29-2006, 11:26 PM
hi all... just checking in! i'm in indiana chilling with the family!!! YEAH! i missed them so much!!!

Brandy
12-30-2006, 12:28 PM
yay for spending time with the Family!!! glad ur enjoying urself!

sinead
12-30-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm still around but struggling with sleep issues, both from baby and from Maggie (what else is new, right?). I ordered Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, so hopefully that will give me some ideas. Everybody is pushing me hard to "put the baby down" to sleep, which makes sense to me, yet she is fighting that (naturally) hard and is just refusing to sleep. fun fun fun. plus we took Maggie's bink away (finally) yesterday, so add that to her sleep issues, and you can just picture my sleep--or lack of--picture.

DH goes back to work next week, though, and Maggie goes back to school, and I don't start work until the following week, so maybe Kate and I will have some time to get a little routine down. Still not getting any scrap time and don't feel as if I am getting anything done around the house, but I suppose all that will work itself out, too.

lol..enough whining from me. i hope you're all doing well and hopefully i'll find a little more time to chat soon!

Brandy
12-31-2006, 05:28 PM
:60: sinead!!! hope everyhting calms down soon hun! we miss ya!

scrapsandsass
01-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Happy New Year, ladies!

Hope you are all doing well and weren't out partying too much. :D I thought about all of you last night. :)

We had a quiet evening, which was good since things have been out of control for the past few weeks. DH fell asleep around 11 (as per usual). DD is coming back on the train tonight (from visiting her father in Oregon). We're sorting through stuff to get rid of and getting ready for some new home improvement projects (since DH finished my bookshelves/library, he needs a new project). We're going to paint the upstairs landing a cool blue color. :D DH is watching football and I'm trying to just relax a little. I've got a chicken in the crockpot that we're going to shred up later and make chicken lasagna rolls (first attempt... will have to let you know how it works).

Hope you all have a peaceful and wonderful year in 2007!

Hugs to you all.

How is everyone doing?

Brandy
01-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Hope every has had a good few days. our mother board and power supply thingy quit on us on the 31st and we just NOW got it back so im on catch up mode lol

Charla
01-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi!! I've missed this. Thanks for bringing it back, Brandy! Sorry about your mother board and power supply. Sooo not fun!

We're doing well. I'm 5 weeks from my due date...I'll be holding this baby in 6 1/2 weeks or less!!! My midwife thinks everything looks perfect, and the baby's staying head-down, so that's reassuring.
Unfortunately Jasmine's 2-year molars decided to really work on coming in this week, so she and I haven't gotten as much sleep as usual. She's been a real sweetie during the day, giving more snuggles and taking more naps, but she's been up, crying, during the night. So that's not fun!!

How's everyone else doing?

scrapsandsass
01-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Hey... glad to see someone dug this out and got it up again. I haven't been around much lately. I'm still struggling with computer issues. I bought a new laptop, but it seems that Internet Explorer 7 caused the same issue with the new one that it did with my previous one, so I have connectivity issues. I tried restoring it back to factory settings, but I'm still having problems, so I just don't know. :p

I am fully back into school now. Classes started on the 3rd. I've got Tuesday and Thursday (creative writing) from 5:30-7:40pm, Monday and Wednesday (math) from 7:50-10pm and then I have a photojournalism class that I have to "arrange" and meet at least once a week with the instructor and do 3 hours of 'work' on projects. The math class is annoying because he assigns homework, but it doesn't count toward our grade. He only counts tests and random/arbitrary points that he awards in class if he thinks you make an intelligent comment. We can also do a 'project' for extra credit. I'm going to try to do that to ensure I get a good grade out of the class. I'm going to figure out what the cost would be to do an extension of our kitchen.

I've also been doing a lot of reorganizing in the house. We've repainted the upstairs landing (it's so pretty!) and I rearranged the furniture in the living room and am getting rid of some stuff.

Brandy, are you still working at Toys R Us? Sinead, how are you adjusting to life with two kids? How is Maggie doing with Kate? Rachel, how did the surgery go? Charlene, how are you handling the anticipation??

How about everyone else? How is the new year treating you so far??

Charla
01-12-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear IE7 seems to be causing the same problems again!! Can you go back to IE6? (or firefox...sorry, had to ask :) ) or has it caused more problems than just getting online? Sorry about the fun of math class...and how cool about the possible extension in your kitchen!

I'm doing well with the anticipation, most of the time. I have to start washing baby clothes and buying diapers...just because all of my family was late doesn't guarantee that this one will be :D

We looked at a house yesterday...we're not totally sure buying a house is the right thing to do yet but this one was so pretty and in the perfect location...we both really like it, so we'll see. :)

Brandy
01-12-2007, 06:04 PM
charlene-how awsome bout looking at the house! we are starting to look agina this time too..there are a LOT more in our price range this year so that makes me happy. if not we have an apartment back up so we'll be out of this one either way lol.

Kim-i'm sorry bout the IE7. we had it before the stuff died and it seemed to work good for us. but i hope you get stuff fixed soon. miss ya! and no not working there any more. i quit the 24th of December. it was just wearing me out and jeff out and owen was acting up because of not getting much time with me. so it's better in the long run because i went in there the other day and it was D-E-A-D and only had 1 cashier working lol. so yeah lol.

Charla
01-15-2007, 12:41 PM
We liked the house, but don't think it's "it." So we're looking at others, but it's hard to know how intently to look when this lease doesn't end until the end of May!! We can pay a bit extra and go month-to-month then, so it makes more sense to wait until then (the baby will be older too, which is a good thing). We're having fun looking at what's around though, and we have two we would like to look at. So we'll see :D

I have a question for you ladies. If you were looking at kits made entirely of elements (say, buttons ;) ) how many would you expect to see to make it worth your while? I've made a gazillion but don't know if I should keep going or stop :)

Brandy
01-15-2007, 02:41 PM
i understand bout that! we start looking thursday at a good list of houses that we are interested in. and like jeff said with taxes we might be able to close a month before our Lease is up at the apartment.so that will help if we want to get somethings done in the house.

as for the elements i think that it'd have a good variety then i'd be happy lol

ccouch
01-15-2007, 03:03 PM
hey girls! how exciting to be looking at houses, brandy & charlene! that's always lots of fun :) i even like going on realtor.com every now and then to just see what's out there in our price range for fun!

things are going well here. camille turns 3 next week and i've been busy getting stuff ready for her party. birthdays have always been a pretty big deal in my family, so i, admittedly, go a little overboard.

i always make her a birthday outfit that coordinates with her theme. this year, it's a my little pony party, so i made her a dress today that is just super-cute! i'm nowhere near the best seamstress in the world, but it's so fun to do this kind of thing :)

it's rainy, icy and cold and we're just hanging out at home today. laundry and chillin' out are on my to-do list today :) what's everybody else up to?

Brandy
01-16-2007, 01:28 AM
aw christine that outfit i bet is so cute. cant wait to see pics. and i cant believe she is almost 3?! and i go overboard with birthdays too lol.

Ugh i SNOWED tonight :( well last night and A-L-L day today....on top of that Jeff went to play TACKLE football with some friends. and being the good lil wifey *as he put it lol* taht i am, and knowing it was NOT a good idea, i said i didnt have a problem with it because he doesnt get to do alot with out us, and he gives up so much for us. he puts us before him no matter if his jeans have huge holes in them, he'll make sure oj has diaper wipes food and i have warm clothes and such before even thinking of buying new stuff....shoot he has been putting off new shoes *which i know he needs SOOO bad* because he says we need stuff first. ....okay enough sappiness lmao think it means i'm ready for bed lol. nite ladies.

RachelS
01-16-2007, 08:33 AM
i'm in such a hurry this morning that i don't have time to respond to everything but here goes:
kim- sorry about math class prof.s can be so weird and random sometimes with the points
charlene and brandy- have fun looking at houses! it's one of the things i love to do. weird i know but i like to imagine how all our stuff would fit into a house.
christine- it's so sweet that you make her a matching outfit for her birthday party!
brandy- i hear you about the hubby putting things off cuz we need stuff first. my DH is not particularly considerate, but he waited for a long time to buy new work boots cuz i needed clothes for work and isaac outgrew all his pants this last month.

ian's surgery went great! he feels 100% better. he's even louder and crazier than before! :) i'm so glad he seems happy again most of the time.

JennStar
01-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi girls!! Sounds like you are a ll a bunch of busy chickies right now!
Charlene, I love the element packs (say, of one particular item) to have at least 3 different varieties in say, at least 6-8 different colors. More is always better, too. But I'm not sure how you are designing them- each individually or in sets.
Rachel, glad to hear that Ian is doing well. And I hear ya about outgrowing pants! Jack seems to everytime I turn around. I try to buy them on "Super Sale" at Old Navy (for adjustable waist) when I see them in larger sizes, but it never fails, I'm always scurrying around at the last minute! LOL!
Brandy, good luck house hunting (Char- you, too). It's fun but a little nerve-wracking! I'm glad to hear that there are a few more to choose from for you, too!!

Brandy
01-17-2007, 01:39 PM
thanks ladies. hubby has an appointment at the bank today. and we start looking at the first one tomarro at 1:30 central time. and we found out we are approved for 20,000 more then we thought. but we're gonna stick to bout the middle if not lower end of the price range lol. so our payments arent that crazy lol.

rachel-glad the surgery went well.

Brandy
01-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Yay we close on febuary 15th on our very first house!! and we're using our taxes to get outta here EARLY!!! yay no more crappy apartment!! i jsut have the outside photo i forgot to get pictures lol but it'll be on my blog in a sec lol

Charla
01-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Congratulations, Brandy! Wow, was that fast!!! :) Can't wait to see pictures...let us know when they're up :)

ccouch
01-18-2007, 10:36 PM
woo hoo!! brandy, that's so awesome! talk about an incredible valentine's present to the three of you! so excited for you and can't wait to see pics!

Brandy
01-18-2007, 11:16 PM
oh i know ladies! jeff at first thought i wouldnt like it. but we pulled up and i was in love with it. then we walked inside and we all THREE loved it. owen cried because we had to leave lol

Brandy
01-18-2007, 11:44 PM
http://super-scrapping-momma.blogspot.com/

it's up!!

Charla
01-19-2007, 09:36 AM
How exciting! Looks great...love the porches :D

Brandy
01-20-2007, 12:50 AM
oh i know me too!! jeff was happy that he didnt have to get one added on lmao!

StaceyD
03-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Ha! Ha! Look what I dug up!

Charla
03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Haha! Trying for more posts, are we??? :) How are you?

Brandy, how's the new house?? We close on ours April 20th. :) I can't wait!!

StaceyD
03-23-2007, 02:09 PM
You got it Charlene! I am on my way to becoming a STAR! Congrats again on the new house!

Charla
03-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Wow, you're almost there :)

I have pictures on my blog (probably down a little bit now) :) I'm so excited. We love it!

StaceyD
03-23-2007, 02:14 PM
I did see them! LOVE it!! I bet you can't wait to get in!!

Charla
03-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty psyched. We went by last weekend and saw the "sold" sign, which made us really happy. And Jasmine loves it there! She woke up from her nap and said "house! house! Yay!!!" so she approves :)

I should get back to my scrapping...I'm not sure if I'll be on the computer tomorrow so I want to do as many of the challenges today as I can get to. And Rebekah is sleeping in the cradle for once, so I should do as much as I can while I have both hands free :) (of course, I could be doing dishes or something, but what fun is that???)

RachelS
03-23-2007, 05:18 PM
w00t!!! the thread killers strike again!!!! hey y'all! charlene, congrats on the house chickie! that is awesome!!! we're hoping to close on one april 20th as well... keeping my fingers crossed

Charla
03-23-2007, 05:21 PM
That's hilarious that we could close the same day!! I hope they accept your offer :)

ccouch
03-23-2007, 05:24 PM
i just about fell outta my chair when I saw this one back on top! wow!

super-excited for you guys with the new house :) it looks so nice and definitely "home-y." can't wait to see pics once you guys are settled in!

RachelS
03-23-2007, 05:30 PM
oooh oooh wanna see the one i want? it's a foreclosure and a total fixer-upper but i think it's got great potential! http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/isaacsmom412/house/

Charla
03-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Rachel, this is awesome!! How old is it? It looks pretty new. Look at that ceiling!!!!!

RachelS
03-23-2007, 06:35 PM
i honestly didn't even ask how old it is! doh!

StaceyD
03-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Rachel, love the house!!

Charla
03-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Looks quite a bit newer than ours (1902!) :)
We looked at foreclosures 'cuz it's a great way to get a deal. Ours wasn't, but it was still reasonable and so perfect. The guy bought it and fixed it up for his son, who got transfered out of state before he could move in...so everything is new and beautiful, but with the charm of an early 1900s house (french doors, leaded glass...) :) Can you tell I'm in love? ;)

StaceyD
03-23-2007, 06:44 PM
That is awesome Charlene!

RachelS
03-23-2007, 06:45 PM
that sounds wonderful charlene!!! i love older houses, but i am guessing this one is from the 70s-ish... we've got some major stuff to get done before we could move in. geeze, i'm talking like they already accepted my offer.

sinead
03-23-2007, 08:24 PM
whooohoooo blast from the past! lol Good to see this revived again!

StaceyD
03-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Anyone have any fun weekend plans? Well, aside from TDC Birthday Bash!!!

micmau
03-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Rachel, your house looks great, well ok now you've got me talking like you have it too ;> Good luck, when do you find out if they accepted your offer? We can't wait to hear!

Michelle

ccouch
03-23-2007, 09:31 PM
ditto that - - can't wait to hear if they accepted your offer :) looks like a great place!

charlene - the french doors and trim are what i loved most about the pictures of your home! i LOVE those details!!

our plans for the weekend - - SIL is coming over tomorrow afternoon and staying the night with us to babysit. DH and I are going out for our 6th wedding anniversary - kind of a vacation from home where we go out and about, but just come home to sleep. should be fun!

StaceyD
03-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Happy Anniversary Christine!!!

dawnb
03-24-2007, 12:48 AM
So this is what you find when you're just snooping around.... what the heck is a thread killer, anyway?? No one here, apparently! LOL! Hope ya'll are having fun at the party...