PDA

View Full Version : The people who just can't kill threads keep talking...

Pages : [1] 2

Charla
11-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Here we go :) New thread!!

(old thread is here (http://www.thedigichick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7384))

Anyone looking in to see what this it: it's kind of a long-term version of a chat. Feel free to jump in (you might want to read the last few posts and see what people are talking about, but when it starts getting long you probably don't want to read the whole thing before jumping in!)

And it's a really, really bad thing to have someone who's on a sugar high, falling asleep at the same time, start an explanatatory thread ;)

RachelS
11-02-2006, 06:48 PM
hahahaha!!!!

Brandy
11-02-2006, 08:05 PM
lmao charlene !

Brandy
11-02-2006, 08:13 PM
christine- thats awsome bout the party favors and the stitches.

Kim- sorry bout the interview. thats awsome you and Dh had a great time last night! so glad it made you feel better too. and hope you have fun tonight hun! and no nothing was given to me lol. so still taking tylonal lol.

RachelS
11-02-2006, 08:59 PM
wow so it took me like a month to finish a new kit... but it's finally done!! i'm so excited!

ajoyfulheart
11-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Yay Rachel!! :D Can't wait to see it ;)

RachelS
11-02-2006, 10:01 PM
check out my blog for a sneak peek! it'll be up... um... this weekend!

ccouch
11-02-2006, 10:34 PM
woo hoo! can't wait to play with it!

Valgal
11-02-2006, 10:46 PM
I've never been a 'thread-killer'... can I join? I'm druink enough to take my top off... will that make me cool enough to join the group? tee heee

Brandy
11-02-2006, 10:53 PM
woo hoo val! though you were "cool" enough before lmao!!!
Rachel love the new kit! it's so cute!

RachelS
11-02-2006, 11:17 PM
val... you are totally cool enough to hang with us... top or no top!

Deena
11-02-2006, 11:33 PM
you guys crack me up...maybe i should download the last thread, and read that with the dezine, and DST newsletter on my trip this weekend :)

Im leaving tomorrow, and i wont be heard from till at the earliest Sunday evening!! Im so freakin excited, me and DH get a weekend without kiddos...Its our church's annual Marriage Retreat, we will be near Kansas City, MO :)

Brandy
11-02-2006, 11:48 PM
Have fun Deena! we'll miss you!!!

noralong
11-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Rachel!! I really like your new kit, but I just saw After Hours! Wowsers!! That is a cool kit!

Brandy
11-02-2006, 11:59 PM
isnt it nora! she is so awsome lol

tamra
11-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Hey ladies! I have been gone almost all day and I'm so tired. I just wanted to check my email and make my quick rounds before hittin' the hay. I had to stop and drop by our new thread! Couldn't not post on the first day :) Night!

d2vasquez
11-03-2006, 01:08 AM
OH a new one....great thinking!!! And Val you are too much! :)

sinead
11-03-2006, 01:53 AM
lol I love Val's drunken posts!! :regular_s

Have a great trip, Deena! off to check out Rachel's new kit before I put myself to bed.

RachelS
11-03-2006, 05:55 AM
thanks for the love ladies! i sure was getting discouraged for a bit... but i hope i'm "back" now... did you see christine ALREADY made a LO with it (http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/35048/limit/recent)??? and i just gave it to them last night! my CT rocks my world!!!

Valgal
11-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Rachel, I just took a look-see at your kits at PDW. You're doing really good work, girl!

Deena, hope you have a great trip! I would LOVE to go on a couples retreat sometime.

Charla
11-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Deena, enjoy your retreat!! How exciting!

Val, welcome to our little (?) group :D Glad you came to see us! I love that we're getting to know more people on TDC better :)

Rachel, GORGEOUS kit!! I hope this helps you get back into the groove...it can be tough, can't it?

Darla, we try to start a new one when there have been about 1000 posts...seems pretty unweildy to let it be any longer than that :D

I need to go look online and see if I can find the vow they had everyone say at the swearing-in ceremony, making them all American Citizens. I get to use patriotic papers for a layout in November :) (well, a non-Veterans Day one) (I told you guys that DH's BIL became a citizen yesterday, right?? I feel so out of it) And I need to finish my description for the calendar so I can get it into the store :D

Brandy
11-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Hope everyone is having a good day!

tamra
11-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Eliana is home sick from school today! She has been throwing up all morning :( Poor thing. And she cried because I told her she couldn't go to school!

ccouch
11-03-2006, 11:46 AM
awww..Tamra, I'm sorry your little one is sick :(

Val, you totally crack me up! Topless or not, you are Val Gone Wild!

I've got three rooms down & several more to go. It's housework day around here - eck! "see" you gals later!

Brandy
11-03-2006, 12:01 PM
christine- you can come do mine when your done lol

Tamra-sorry she is sick hun :60: hope she feels better soon!

scrapsandsass
11-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Sick kids aren't fun. :( That's cute that she was so upset about missing school though!

Val, you totally crack me up!

I went to the stamping class last night and we had a lot of fun. The thing that made me laugh though... was there was no stamping involved. Hahahaha. It was a "bitty board book" class and Stampin' Up! has these cute cardboard kits that you can buy, so it was more about putting together the little book and getting everything covered. We ran out of time, so we didn't really get pages done (other than cut)... but it was cool. I ordered another kit because I really didn't like the paper selection we had to use. I think I'll use this one as a gift.

I ended up signing/faxing back the memo I got when I was fired. She wanted me to say that I wouldn't slander them or sue them in order to get a month's severance. I added a paragraph that she wouldn't bad-mouth me (I know how she is and she makes horrible statements about people that aren't true). So we'll see if she signs it. I figure if she doesn't, I'll consider talking to a lawyer. Even if I sign that I won't sue them, it wouldn't stand up in court anyway the way it is written. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I started a novel yesterday. November is National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo) for short. You can check out the site at nanowrimo.org. It is kind of a fun thing to try to get 50,000 words written in a month. The founder figured that people will struggle to constantly edit themselves during the writing process if they try to write a perfect novel, so if you just try to write something to fill 50,000 words as fast as you can (within a month), most of it might be crap, but you can go back and edit it into something great. Anyway, I've never finished before. Two years ago, I played along and got to nearly 40,000 words. I had it bound/printed and gave it to Tim as a wedding gift (it was a fictionalized comedic account of the leadup to our first date). Anyway, I only have to write about 1600 words a day on average to finish. Heck, I figure I write that much in the forums here alone. :) It will also give me something positive to focus on while I look for a job 'cuz we all know how much fun that is!

tamra
11-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Hey Kimberlee, I saw that you were doing the novel writing thing in your blog this morning. For some reason, I had never seen your blog before! You know what else I saw there? It was just your BIRTHDAY! How did I now know that? So sorry, I'm not a very good friend. Happy Happy Belated Birthday!

Now, if I did know it was your birthday and actually already told you Happy Birthday, then forgive me for loosing my mind... sadly, it happens. Just nod and say "uh huh... ya" like you do to old people who ask the same question over and over because the forget that they just asked it!

Charla
11-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Kimberlee, that's so cool about the writing thing. It's almost tempting, though if I can type that much in a day, I should really be working on the transcription project for FIL!!! (blush)

Tamra, how sweet about her being so sad to miss school, and wanting to go on a picnic!! I hope she's feeling better very quickly!

Jasmine and I might be starting a (hopefully small) cold...that could explain why she slept in my arms all morning. So sad!

I just got horrible, horrible news from my mom. My ballet teacher growing up died in June! She was only 45, in excellent health, and died of a heart attack!! And it was during a rehearsal, which means her "ballerinas" saw it!! :*( I'm in shock and just so sad.

tamra
11-03-2006, 03:09 PM
OMGosh that is just terrible! Those poor little girls. And the teacher's poor family. Heartbreaking. I had a cousin who died of a heart attack when she was 28! Can you believe that, 28. She thought it was just heart burn or something (was going to town with her mom) because young people can't have a heart attack, right? It was - she left behind a 5 year old daughter, 3 year old son, and 1 year old son. Sad.

scrapsandsass
11-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Now, if I did know it was your birthday and actually already told you Happy Birthday, then forgive me for loosing my mind... sadly, it happens. Just nod and say "uh huh... ya" like you do to old people who ask the same question over and over because the forget that they just asked it!

Thanks. :) You're so funny.

You reminded me that I need to get in and update my poor neglected bloggy. Eesh.

scrapsandsass
11-03-2006, 05:28 PM
I just got horrible, horrible news from my mom. My ballet teacher growing up died in June! She was only 45, in excellent health, and died of a heart attack!! And it was during a rehearsal, which means her "ballerinas" saw it!! :*( I'm in shock and just so sad.

Oh no... that is so horrible. Hugs to you. :(

Brandy
11-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Kim-that is such a neat idea. i should try it lol. and happy belated b-day!!!! lol.

Charlene-oh no that is sad :( those poor ballerinas

Brandy
11-03-2006, 07:03 PM
oh i forgot!!! tommarro is Jeff's sides party for owen and his cousin....they are ten days apart..i cant believe that tomarro is the first party for my baby turning two :( i cant believe it. but we got him some neat stuff i know he'll love. just really sad.

Valgal
11-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Kimberlee... good luck with your novel!!! I used to be a big-time writer but in the last few years have redirected that energy into scrapping and designing. Just not enough time in the day for everything I love to do. You can finish this one!

sinead
11-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Cool about the novel writing, Kimberlee! I've started several, though I don't know if I would ever share it or them with anybody. Funny, isn't it? I don't have any issues about sharing the journaling on my layouts (well, lately I haven't done as much journaling, but you know what I mean) but for some reason fiction is harder to share. Who knows...

Charlene, how awful!! I can't imagine!

Well, my lazy day turned out to be quite busy. I have finally put together a bag for Maggie and a bag for the baby, as well as the basics for a bag for me, just in case I go into labor in the middle of the night or something. Also got the baby's clothes reorganized and put away and the crib made up, so that's another two things I can cross off my list. Now if I could just get my house sparkly clean...

Tomorrow when DH and Maggie go to the zoo, I think I'm going to vacuum and steam clean the carpet in the living room. We have two cats, so I really want to get the living room carpet nice and clean before having this baby. hmmm...sound like I'm nesting, don't I?

And can I tell you that this baby does the hula dance or something every night when i sit down with the laptop on the couch? I swear, maybe she doesn't like the laptop on her or something, but MAN! Maggie still kicked a lot near the end, but this baby is more into moving and squirming than kicking. Oh, she kicks, don't get me wrong, but her preferred thing is to do weird stretching and squirming and make my belly look just like Sigorney Weaver's in Aliens right before she gave birth to Alien-baby!

enough babbling from me. I'm off to surf just a little, maybe scrap just a little, and then hopefully sleep a heck of a lot! :tongwink:

Brandy
11-03-2006, 10:59 PM
lol sinead how cute! i miss owen doing that. though twords the end he chilled out a bit lol.

Valgal
11-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Oh man Sinead, Eden was a BIG time squirmer. It drove me NUTS! Felt like she was just gonna poke right out of my belly sometimes. Johnny was a 'stretcher'. He would somehow cram his little feet under my ribs and shove upwards. I even had a cracked rib right before I delievered.. it was crazy!

sinead
11-03-2006, 11:33 PM
I know, Val! It's like she's poking on every little bit of space in there trying to find the way out! Half the time my belly is stretched way out diagonal to the rest of my body. No freakin' wonder I'm not sleeping! lol

RachelS
11-04-2006, 01:45 AM
can't sleep cuz i'm coughing too much. guess i'll have to break down and go the doctor tomorrow. sigh.

Valgal
11-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Aww RAchel! I find a good dose of Nyquil/cough really helps me get through those nights.

RachelS
11-04-2006, 08:40 AM
hey y'all! did i tell you that isaac can write and type his name? he can also spell (verbally) Momma, Daddy, Isaac, & Ian!!! i'm so proud of him!!!

RachelS
11-04-2006, 08:42 AM
thanks val! i had to wait until it had been long enough between doses but i ended up taking more cough syrup and going to bed. i still can't decide whether i should go to the doctor. my health insurance doesn't start til december 1, so it's gonna be an expensive visit...

Valgal
11-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Don't you hate that dilema (I can't not spel that word for some reason!)? Well, if you develop a fever you really should see someone.

Brandy
11-04-2006, 09:10 AM
hope you feel better Rach! and thats awsome how smart he is!!!

sigh, at 1 today, we will be celebrating lil man's 2nd b-day (though it's not offically for about 13-14 days) but still sad...yet exciting lmao.

pbumbaca
11-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Man, offline for two days and I get so behind!

Happy Birthday to your little man Brandy!

Rachel take care of yourself! That stinks about the insurance! Can you go to a walk in clinic that maybe will give you a discounted rate for no insurance or something?

Isn't Rachels stuff awesome! I'm so lucky to be on her CT and get all her stuff for free! ;) I had so much fun using the new kit last night!

Sinead, does sound like you are nesting a bit! ;)

Kimberlee, it sounds like your ex-boss is a psycho and you are better off to be out of there! I hope your novel writing goes well! I can't even journal on my pages nevermind write a novel!

How terrible about the ballet teacher! We just had that same thing happen to a customer at the LSS where a teach, she was 34 years old and in good health and died of a heart attack too, with two little kids and a dh, such a shock! Makes you think!

Val you are too much! I'm also jealous!;)

Tamra I hope your little one is feeling better!

Well I'm off to clean the house! YUCK!

d2vasquez
11-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Oh Rachel hope you feel better and how awesome to watch your child spell.....and Brandy I feel your sadness.....my little one is turning 6 next Saturday (notice how I still call her my little one or baby???) and I am just sad....not sad enough to have a baby or anything - letting my other TDC pals take that up for me :) - Sinead - you can come nest at my home....really......

Rynonut Mom
11-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm going to attempt to jump in since this post is **only** at 45 posts! ROFL!
How is everyone today?

Charla
11-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Rachel, that's so exciting about Ian!! Good for him :D Jasmine can't say her name yet, lol (she calls herself "Kewpie") :D Hope you feel better! You need to take care of yourself, even without insurance. Maybe you're waking up feeling normal though, and don't need to see anyone :D

Thanks, all. I'm still in shock about my ballet teacher. What do you do when you hear news like that?? I'm glad I knew now, so I don't send her a Christmas card...it will be hard enough on her husband as it is!

Sinead, good for you, getting all those things done. I'm pre-nesting...last night I bought a bunch of cleaning things for when I "need" to clean. I didn't do nearly as much as Marsha is doing, but I did enjoy cleaning before Jasmine was born :)

sinead
11-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Can I come sleep at your house, too, Darla? Maggie has been up at nights a lot again lately and last night I said I was going to sleep upstairs in the bonus room so that I could try to sleep in today since I always do night duty because DH has to work. Well...let's just say that there was screaming for 40 minutes right at the door to the stairs at 4am and again at 6am. Apparently, they were up at 4am for good. So much for sleeping in. I was up at 6am and DH went back to bed. Somehow he still ended up getting more sleep than me! How does that work?

Anyway, off to try to get some stuff done around here.

Charla
11-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Darla, I still see my youngest brother as the baby and he turns 7 on Thanksgiving, so I can totally relate :)

Hi Michelle!! nothing too exciting this morning...it was nice to sleep in a bit this morning :)

I'm so excited to take Christmas pictures, but that can't happen 'til we decorate, which won't be immediate since everything's at DH's parents' house!! I don't usually get this much in the Christmas spirit this early, but I am this year :D

d2vasquez
11-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Charlene - you have a brother that is 7 - how many are there of you....of course feeling like a dork cuz I didn't know....and of course I aged myself by knowing you have a brother the same age as my "baby".... ;)

Sinead - if you can find a place that has no clothes to sleep - you are more than welcome to do so and Maggie can play with my girls....they have their Dora/Little People/Littlest Pet Shop/Bratz and Barbies out.....it is a sight to see......but shhhh don't let anyone know that our 10 yr old still enjoys the Little People stuff :) I am sorry you aren't getting much sleep though....I see you online when I am late at night and think "hey what is she doing???"

Charla
11-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Darla, I'm the oldest of 11. There's more of an age difference between Justin (the youngest) and me than there is between my mom and I, so I could easily be the mom of a 7-year old too :D I just got married later so mine is quite a bit younger!!

d2vasquez
11-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Darla, I'm the oldest of 11. There's more of an age difference between Justin (the youngest) and me than there is between my mom and I, so I could easily be the mom of a 7-year old too :D I just got married later so mine is quite a bit younger!!

LOL ok.....but wow 11? bet that was interesting and fun to live around....

Rynonut Mom
11-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Wow - 11! Probally doesn't seem as many to your mom, 'cause a lot of you are grown and out on your own, I bet! I bet it's a house full at Christmas though!

Brandy
11-04-2006, 10:49 AM
thanks ladies! and darla lol i know what ya mean, i want another but i know now isnt the right time lol

michelle-good morning hun! hope ya have a great day.

charlene-wow 11 that must've been fun lol

sinead
11-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Whooo hoooo...living room carpet is steam cleaned! YAY! Of course, now I've got furniture in my kitchen and the carpet's wet, but at least the floor is clean. Now how can I get DH to keep Maggie out all afternoon? lol

Rynonut Mom
11-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi Brandy! Thanks!
LOL, Sinead! I need to clean our living room carpet too. We keep talking about replacing it, but we just haven't done it yet. And it's pretty dirty! Ugh!

I do want to wash my van today!

Charla
11-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Sinead, that's awesome!! You inspired me....I hibernated the computer and spent about half an hour cleaning. In an apartment this size, it doesn't take too long to see a big difference in 30 minutes :) Jasmine had fun helping me vacuum, and now she's having fun pulling her toys back off the shelf. *sigh* It was clean!!

Yeah, I loved being a part of a big family (most of the time). There was always someone you could play with!! Now there are "only" 5 at home, though Evan (22) might be moving back home for a bit while he figures out what he wants to do with his life. And yes, Christmas is awesome. Chaos (well, not totally), but awesome.

Wanna see? This is the whole mob...spouses included!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/berekah_44/fambily.jpg
I can't write who's who because we're not in lines of any kind. (and it's Root Beer ;) )
This picture, like most family pictures, is missing Evan because he's in Nashville right now. But I think everyone else is there!

sinead
11-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Charlene, how does your family work out the holiday meals? Is it just whoever can come for this meal comes or do you guys do "on" holidays and "off" holidays? Now that all three of us are married, we struggle with trying to find balance. My mom talked about doing an "on-Thanksgiving/off-Christmas" or "off-Thanksgiving/on-Christmas" kind of thing, but then I feel bad about my parents being all alone on the holidays. Of course, my sister lives in the same town as they do. She and her husband usually go to his family celebrations during the day (his grandparents are still alive and my sis's kids are the only great grandkids, so my mom says that need to go to every event they can while the great grandparents are still around), but they come back to my parents' house around dinner time. My DH is an only child, so if we don't go to his parents, they're alone (or at our house). And then there's DH who wants to start having some holidays at our own house. ugh. It's all so hard to figure out!! lol

ok--lunch break over. I'm off to go work on Maggie's kitchen and my kitchen counters!

Charla
11-04-2006, 12:57 PM
It's tough, and we're still trying to figure it out. DH's sister and her husband are at his parents' for all holidays (most of his family's still in Zambia) but we can't do that! My mom requested that we make Christmas Eve the time we go there, and since his family hasn't ever really done anything special that night, it works well. So we'll alternate Thanksgivings, and then Christmas Eve with my parents, Christmas morning as the three (soon 4) of us, and Christmas afternoon and dinner with his family. :) I have no idea what the other married couples have planned yet...we'll see!!

d2vasquez
11-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Ohhhhh what fun Charlene....thank you for sharing that.....lol about the root beer....Sinead I am still in my pjs and you have cleaned your carpets....man you are good!

RachelS
11-04-2006, 01:48 PM
so i went to the doctor. i have my 2nd sinus infection in a month and also a massive ear infection.

d2vasquez
11-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Ohhhhh Rachel.....did they give you something like a nasal spray since you keep getting sinus infections? Not that you want to add to the cost of medications right now before you are covered by insurance.....

Charla
11-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Ooh, sorry to hear that!! Yuck, Rachel. (Possible TMI side note: you should eat yogurt too, so the antibiotics don't give you a yeast infection!)

scrapsandsass
11-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Rach... you poor thing!

Sinead... I'm impressed with your energy. :) Especially since you didn't get the sleep you wanted.

Charlene... I can't imagine the logistics!

We end up always having every holiday function at our house. My mom lives on an island (so that makes things impractical), Tim's parents are in their 80s, his brother and SIL are across the mountains, my brother and his wife are anti-social, so it is on us. Kind of gets crazy after awhile.

DH just finished cutting all of the shelves for our library. I will have to upload the pic so you can all see. :) He's working on staining them now. Whoo-hoo! We also found a light fixture a couple of weeks ago. It was originally $370... but we got it for $99, so that was very exciting. It isn't exactly what I had pictured, but most of the ones I liked weren't going to put out enough light. That room needs a lot of light. We'll still have to get a couple of reading lamps once everything is complete.

My mom and sis and I went to a holiday bazaar today. It was a weird range of stuff they had. I didn't really find anything worth buying. There was a bakery selling loaves of different kinds of breads (like eggnog spice and cashew toffee crunch [the two I bought])... but it got me thinking that I could do that kind of a bakery business. :) They don't have a retail store... just do shows and mail order. Hmmmm. :) I also did find a little felt monkey ornament that I picked up for DD. She loves all things monkey. :) I get her a new ornament every year so she'll have a set when she moves out.

This morning I was thinking about making scrapbooks for sale (an entrepreneurial thought after the mini book class I took the other night). When we went to the bazaar, there was a woman who had made a bunch (most were just blank spiral notebooks) and was selling them for obscene prices... and they weren't even cute! So maybe I'll do some of those to sell next year. We did a bazaar a couple of years ago, but it was at a grange and we hadn't been there before so we didn't know that there wasn't much of a turnout and the other vendors had weird/ugly stuff they were selling, so it was kind of a bust. But we're planning to do some next year, so I'm going to start using all of the paper scrapping supplies I have on hand to create albums to sell so I don't feel like all of that money went to waste.

We're going to be running out later to a housewarming party for one of the girls who worked for me in an one of the outer offices. She moved in about ten blocks away, so hopefully we can stay in touch since I really liked her.

I guess I should stop rambling and start doing something productive. Check in with you ladies later!.

Valgal
11-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Poor RAchel!!! Did you even notice your ear?

RachelS
11-04-2006, 06:55 PM
yeah it had been hurting. hopefully the 2nd dose of medicine will stay down... the first one was pretty rough...

want to hear something awful though? i am having such a hard time taking care of everything so i called DH crying and asked him to come home tonight and tomorrow (he is out of town for work but has come home the past 2 weekends just like i wanted him to this time) to help me take care of the boys so i can get some rest. he said no because he doesn't want to get sick! what a jerk!!!

sinead
11-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Jerk! Doesn't he know that you can't "catch" an ear infection or a sinus infection?

I'm sorry, Rachel! If I was in Atlanta, I'd come and bring you soup or something!

StaceyD
11-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Sorry you are sick again Rachel!! Boo-hiss on the dh lameness! Hope you get a chance to rest this weekend.

scrapsandsass
11-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Rachel... give DH a big guilt trip and tell him that we are all surprised at his insensitivity. :)

Brandy
11-04-2006, 09:45 PM
rachel- i'm sorry hun. that is something Jeff would say.

UGH! i am so sad right now. so we get ready to go to my MIL's party for owen and them. i spray me and owen a little with some body spray of Jeff's. then we leave and go. and after about an hour of being at his mom's, my neck just starts itching liek crazy. so i finally ask jeff if it was all red and he goes "wtf did you do?!" i didnt realize it was all broke out (as according to my mom i'm not allergic to anything and could've sworn i've used alittle bit of this stuff on myself before) so my whole neck and ears are broke out horribly. and so about an hour or so later we get ready to leave (since we didnt even start really when i started noticing i'd broken out) and i come home and shower and scrub myself and face down ..... could feel my jaw start to get puffy. and then i get out and Jeff says it's looking better....sure that is now my sides and tummy are REALLY broke out and hive like everything itches SOOOO bad but i've been good and not scratched. and my thighs are broke out the same too. i can understand it spreading but the areas it's broken out at now, i didnt touch at all when i started scratching my throat. and after a shower it should've went away right?! ugh then i just wanted to cry...such a horrible time and jeff goes "i dont want to catch it!" ugh i swear. blah i hope it stops soon.

sinead
11-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Brandy, is Owen ok or is it just you? Do you have any oatmeal? Yeah, like real Quaker rolled oats. Put a bunch in an old sock and put it into a warm bath. That will soothe the itching. If you don't have any, tell Jeff to make himself useful and get to the store to buy some for you.

I'm so sorry--I hope it goes away quickly!

StaceyD
11-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Oh no Brandy! Maybe take some benadryl? If you had the body spray just on your neck, the shower probably washed it down your body and that is why it has spread. Sounds like whatever it is, your body is super sensitive to it. Hope you feel better soon!

ccouch
11-04-2006, 11:09 PM
rachel & brandy - i wish i lived closer to you gals! i'd be happy to hang out with my non-communicably infected & super-itchy friends~!

another thing that will really help the itch is milk. get some in a bowl and with a rag soak some up and then dab it on your skin. a little messy, but this always works for me when i get capsacin reactions on my hands.

RachelS
11-05-2006, 05:53 AM
oh brandy that's awful!!

Brandy
11-05-2006, 09:02 AM
thanks ladies. i ended up going to the ER and they didnt think it was an allergic reaction to that though since i took a shower and didnt use anything else outta the ordinary after the shower. they thought though that it might've been stress related too. that it started out cuz of the spray then after the shower was stress related. but they arent sure they gave me a cortizone shot benadryl pepsid and another thing. it's all cleared up for the most part with a few here adn there on my hand and face. so i gotta get the prescriptions filled and take those then it should be better.

RachelS
11-05-2006, 09:59 AM
brandy,
i'm glad they got it cleared up for you! sounds like you had a wonderful night! LOL!

i'm feeling a little better today... which is good because I've got to go to the store to buy food and diapers... also i have to do laundry so that we have clothes to wear to work and school tomorrow.

Brandy
11-05-2006, 11:27 AM
lol rachel thanks. i honestly really dont think it's the spray though cuz owen loves to wear it and it's just fine on him, and i've held him and stuff after he has some on so i dont know lol. i have been REALLY stressed so i wouldnt give up it was cuz of that lol. but glad ur feeling better hun.

Brandy
11-05-2006, 11:39 AM
i updated my blog with pics

d2vasquez
11-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Ohhh Brandy....glad you got it checked out but man that must have been really awful to watch this happen and then have a dh who is not exactly helping you! Take care...and Rachel - glad to see you are feeling a bit better....

Brandy
11-05-2006, 02:26 PM
thanks darla....he made up for it lol. he went to get my prescription durring the football game lol

sinead
11-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Glad it's cleared up, Brandy! Glad you're feeling better, too, Rachel!

tamra
11-05-2006, 04:11 PM
okay - was gone all day yesterday and that's when you all decide to chat it up!

Rachel, sorry you've been sick again, but glad you went to the doctor and got some prescriptions! Sorry you dh was being a pain in the rear ;(

Brandy, wow! That looked terribly itchy. Glad it's gotten alot beter though :)

Brandy
11-05-2006, 09:51 PM
yeah but as my luck is, it's back on the back of my thights and legs and patches on my arm. right now i look like a walking pink bottle...ok that was lame lol. but 8am cant get here soon enough. hopefully i can get blood drawn to see what is going on or something....blah cant believe i just said get blood drawn lmao.

Charla
11-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Brandy, I'm so sorry!! What a pain. I hope they can figure out what caused this and make it go away!!

Brandy
11-05-2006, 10:33 PM
me too...we are thinking it's stress related. nov is a busy month for us. and it seems to be coming so fast. then with the whole mess with my wisdom teeth and the possible nerve damage and then owen's party for Jeff's side was yesterday and my mom's side is in two weeks and i havent got the invites out yet and the ones i made didnt work out for me so that makes me sad. and BLAH where is my easy button from the staples commerical?!!!

StaceyD
11-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Brandy, sorry the hives came back. Hope things settle down for you a bit!

Have you guys checked out TDC Blog?? Our thread is highlighted as well as one of Brandy's photos!!

tamra
11-06-2006, 12:23 AM
I just saw that! How cool :)

Brandy, sorry to hear that it's back. I know that you had mentioned Benadryl before, but did you take any? One time I got a new body wash and I broke out everywhere just like that. Only mine gradually got worse each day. went from legs to hands to arms, tummy/torso, and face! I had never had any kind of reaction like that so I didn't know what in the heck was going on except that I was itching SOOOOO bad! I figured it might have been the new soap, so I went back to my old soap and after three days of showering, it had only worsened. My mom said to take Benadryl and it cleared it up rather quickly. I thought that was weird, because I was thinking like you, that if you washed it off it would go away but it doesn't. Apparently if it's an allergic reaction, it needs allergy medicine!

Brandy
11-06-2006, 12:44 AM
well they gave me benadryl at the ER and it cleared up almost instantly. then this morning/afternoon it came back with a vengence (sp) and now that i took it agian it seems to clear up. but of course it knocks me out and since jeff works nights if it doesnt clear up soon i'm gonna be in trouble

Brandy
11-06-2006, 12:44 AM
and YAY how exciting. thanks for pointing it out:)

Charla
11-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Stacey, thanks for pointing that out. So does that mean we're supposed to only write about interesting things??? ;)

Brandy, ugh. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Hope they can find out what's causing it!

I'm fighting a head cold, so Jasmine's watching Wallace and Gromit this morning. I'm planning on laying low as much as possible...scrapbooking is as much as I can handle right now.

ccouch
11-06-2006, 10:01 AM
charlene, i hope you feel better!

brandy, benadryl totally knocks me out too. try taking half a tablet if that helps.

i am off to the grocery store this morning. day one of my 9 day detox on the fat smash diet (from celebrity fit club). i'm usually not a diet trend follower, but my girlfriend lost a ton of weight on this diet and it seems like it's a common sense approach to eating well. the detox phase is for 9 days and you eat mostly fruits, vegetables, beans, just a bunch of good stuff. sounds good in theory, but all my favorite foods are, of course, in the off limits category. i think i can do it, though! the no caffeine thing is going to be super-hard for me, so likely no midnight posts for me - lol!!

hope you gals are off to a beautiful day!

Brandy
11-06-2006, 11:47 AM
well i think ya can do it girl!

and thanks yeah i'm still a big bundle of itchyness. jeff says to wait til my meds are gone to call the dr cuz he thinks she'll say the same thing. so blah i wish he had the week off lol cuz the other one makes me drowsy too

Charla
11-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Christine, I think that's awesome! My in-laws think detoxing is a really important thing, so I'd think a diet starting with that would be good! Not necessarily easy, but hopefully you'll see great results too :)

scrapsandsass
11-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I missed you guys yesterday!

Charlene, sorry you're sick.
Brandy! Yowza... that looks painful! Hope you get better soon.
Christine... that sounds interesting. You'll have to keep us posted on your progress.

I'm going to try to kick the Mt. Dew habit. I've always hated water... and always thought that if it had fizz and a tiny bit of flavor, it would be much better. :) But all of the artificial sweeteners make me sick and give me headaches, so I told DH in the past that if I could make my own, it would be wonderful. Well, voila! We were watching something on HGTV on Saturday that showed a machine that will make carbonated water at home, very inexpensively... then you can add juice or flavoring or whatever. Yippee! So I ordered it and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

We had a trial run of Thankgiving yesterday. LOL. We had a turkey in the freezer that needed to be used, so we thawed it the other day and then had DH's parents over for dinner yesterday. Got the house all cleaned up and had a nice time.

DH stayed home today (working from home)... I think he wants to make sure that I'm working on my resume. LOL. I found a couple of interesting jobs in the paper yesterday, so I figure I'll apply for those and then start trying to find a placement agency. I've had Chester-mares almost every night... so I'm about ready to get over this whole thing! I hate nightmares... and when they are about something I can do nothing about, it is even worse. Grrrr.

Charla
11-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Kimberlee, so sorry about the nightmares. It's really hard when you don't feel like you can do anything about them. I hope you get your resume done and out, and find the perfect job quickly...where people actually respect you like you deserve :)

I feel pretty awful, and Jasmine's a bear a the moment because it's naptime and she isn't asleep yet. It will all be better when she's sleeping and I can at the very least relax, and maybe catch a short nap.

But I do have a funny Jasmine story. Her new word is "ummmmm." And if she drags us over to the fridge, we'll open it, ask what she wants (no, she doesn't get everything in there, but she usually asks for something that's hers) and she says "ummmmmm, book!" :D I don't know if she realizes how funny that is, but we get a charge out of it!

Charla
11-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Kimberlee, it's your fault I'm craving turkey!!!! yummmmmm :)

scrapsandsass
11-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Sorry. But it is really good. We're even having leftovers tonight. Mmmmmm.

I found out that I didn't get the job that I was over-qualified for... but that's okay. It does make me laugh though. You'd think they'd rather have someone over-qualified. LOL. I'm working on my resume... printed out a list of "power verbs." DH is helping.

Brandy
11-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Kim-im sorry hun. i've been thinking bout you latly. I know you'll find something soon. yeah bet they think since your over qualified you'd have to be paid more and all this junk lol. but i agree that i'd want someone that at least KNOWS what they are doing then someone who doesnt. and thanks it is still itchy here and there. not as bad today as the last couple days. but i've been having really bad chest/tummy pains. starts under my right boob, goes all the way to the other side and around my back in the same area. it starts as a dull pain then gets to a sharper and sharper pain then when it peaks (i guess thats the word lol) it starts to dull away lol.

RachelS
11-06-2006, 10:07 PM
kim, power verbs rock!! most places don't want to have to pay someone for their qualifications....

scrapsandsass
11-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Brandy... how are you doing today? I'm worrying about you. Horrific rash is one thing... but pains are another. You need to get checked out!!

Angela
11-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Josh Groban's new CD came out today! Listening to it now! Man, he's got a voice like butter!

sinead
11-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Brandy, pains don't sound good. I'd call the doc and try to get in there, especially since the rash isn't getting better. It could be some sort of virus (or an allergic reaction to a virus), so you don't want to mess around with it.

oh...Josh Groban. yummmm...

Will someone please tell me why, an hour later, i'm still procrastinating doing my work? I've got 2 hours to work online, and now I'm going to have to go pick Maggie up from school in exactly 2 hours. what is wrong with me?! oh, that's right--i need a nap! lol maybe i'll work a little and nap a little. lol

Brandy
11-07-2006, 01:15 PM
thanks ladies. everything seems to be better today. no real itching or spots or pains so i dont know if it was a side effect from the meds they gave me or what. but just glad the itching has stoped.

scrapsandsass
11-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Angela... I can't remember if I told you before, but your new avi is sooo cool. :)

I got up this morning and took DH to the train. That way, I can get in all of my fun time early before I feel like I have to start looking for a job or cleaning the house. LOL.

I'm watching The Office: Season Two. I had never watched it when it was on tv, but my brother gave me the dvd set for my birthday. It cracks me up. It so reminds me of so many past jobs. Bwahahhahaha. Does anyone else watch that show? I don't even know what season is currently on tv.

We're having torrential rains around here and things are starting to flood. DD has to figure out a different way to get to work because one of the highways has closed down (the one that she has to use to get to work). Crazy stuff! Is anyone else having weird weather?

ccouch
11-07-2006, 01:40 PM
ohmygosh...we totally love the office. it seriously reminds me of my experiences in the corporate world. so funny! not sure what season it's on now either.

a little housecleaning for me today. went and voted, took camille to a new playground & i'm likely going to take a wee bit of a nap. we're going to the circus this evening, so that should be fun. it's a smaller circus, likely nothing spectacular. but, i think camille will have fun :)

day two on the nine day detox. going good so far. haven't cheated at all. it's so unlike me to go an entire day without chocolate or diet soda. feels good though! i'll keep you gals posted :)

hope everyone's having a great day!

Charla
11-07-2006, 01:54 PM
I think it's season 3 right now. I love it! I love "My Name is Earl," but can't wait for it to end so The Office will start! Even though I usually hate things that make someone look bad the entire time (the entire show) it's just so funny. And the whole Jim-Pam thing is so cute and frustrating and fun :)

I won't tell DH we're talking about Josh Groban. I think he's pretty good (though I'd prefer to go "all the way" and listen to Pavarotti) but he hates him! Great name though (DH is a Josh so I love finding other Joshes!) :)

Good for you, Christine! I hope it helps you feel good, which will definitely motivate you to keep going.

We voted...Jasmine was sooooo tired, though. She cried when we put her in the car, leaving and coming home. She was trying to figure out what we were doing; this long game of peek-a-boo just seemed a little strange, in front of people ;) She's sound asleep now, which is exactly what she's needed since about 10 this morning :)

Brandy
11-07-2006, 02:08 PM
christine i'm glad your doing good with the detox thing! i know you can do it!

scrapsandsass
11-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Brandy... I'm relieved that you're doing better! Whew!

Sinead... how's the baby progress?

I totally love the whole "Jim/Pam" thing with The Office. It reminds me of Tim and I since we met at work (although I wasn't engaged). :D I think I'm gonna check the video store to see if they have Season 1.

My ex just called. Sheesh. He's nagging me to talk to a lawyer about the job situation. And he was nagging me about DD. He can be so draining sometimes. LOL... I guess that would be most of the time... and I guess that is why he's the "ex". LOL.

I'm gonna head to the store to find something to fix for dinner and drop off our ballots. See you chickies later!

Brandy
11-07-2006, 09:03 PM
thanks Kim....figures that now that my hives and chest pains are gone my wisdom teeth are kicking in high gear next monday cant get here soon enough...now i know how owen feels with the teething lol

RachelS
11-07-2006, 09:09 PM
yay for voting! i love voting! does that make me weird? i am so excited that it's almost thursday cuz i get to go home and see my mom!!! (and everyone else too) i've been needing to hug her for a couple of weeks now :)

scrapsandsass
11-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Yay, Rachel. I know that you've been waiting for this trip. Give your mom a hug for all of us!!!

RachelS
11-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I will! And Kimberlee, tell your ex to quit telling you what to do!!!! Girl, mine tries that all the time. I tell him to shove it!!!

sinead
11-07-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm excited for you, Rachel. I know how you have been waiting for this trip!

Brandy
11-07-2006, 11:05 PM
i'm sooo happy for you rachel. i know you've been wanting/needing this trip for awhile now hun and like kim said give her hugs from all her "extended" family lol

RachelS
11-07-2006, 11:19 PM
y'all know i'm gonna do it too right? she's gonna think i've gone nuts!

Brandy
11-08-2006, 12:06 AM
lmao but thats why we love ya!!!

ccouch
11-08-2006, 12:33 AM
hee hee, rachel! give her a hug for me too!

we had such a good time at the circus tonight. it wasn't barnum & bailey's or anything - just a smaller circus. but, camille was just enthralled! she ate cotton candy for the first time and had so much fun.

mushy moment here - - i just watched camille tonight ooh-ing and ah-ing and it took my breath away. there is nothing in this world like watching your child delight in something. she is at such a fun age right now; everything is new and exciting and she now has an opinion about all of it. i just want to put her in a bottle!

RachelS
11-08-2006, 06:48 AM
i'm so glad you had a good time at the circus christine!

sinead
11-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Christine, I TOTALLY know what you mean! When we (my in-laws and I) took Maggie to see the Disney Princesses on Ice, I was in tears several times when I saw the joy on her face! The same thing happened when I took her to the circus. Heck, my in-laws barely saw any of the Disney on Ice thing--for them, the show took place on Maggie's face!!

Rachel...love your new name... :tongwink:

scrappinmichele
11-08-2006, 09:13 AM
c

RachelS
11-08-2006, 09:33 AM
the new name rocks doesn't it? :)

ccouch
11-08-2006, 09:43 AM
aw, yeah, rachel! i LOVE the new name!

sinead, thanks for sharing in my sentimentality!

sinead
11-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Oh, Christine, I'm always good for a mushy moment! Even when I'm not pregnant and hormonal, I'm pretty sentimental. My mom is always laughing at my dad and I because we get to talking late at night and both of us are in tears telling each other how important the other person is to us or whatever. lol bunch of saps!!

sinead
11-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Who was talking about Josh Groban yesterday or the day before? He was on Good Morning America today and Maggie stopped dead in her tracks in the middle of playing and stood mezmerized (boy, that's a weird word to spell!) watching him sing. lol!

RachelS
11-08-2006, 10:06 AM
maybe you should get some josh groban CDs and play them for her! you'd be able to get more done if she is mezmerized every time!

sinead
11-08-2006, 10:08 AM
lol yeah, and not much mezmerizes that kid, either, so it's pretty cool!

She's actually mezmerized by the piano at church, too. For such an active and talkative kid, she's amazingly quiet during mass. It's true even when we're at my parents' church and sitting in the back, but definitely when we're at our own church and she and I sit in the choir right next to the piano! I'm going to get her piano lessons at some point, but I'm thinking that I'll wait until she's at least 4 and be REAL low key about the whole thing (like probably won't push the practicing, etc....that can be for later if she decides to continue it). Anybody have any thoughts or ideas about piano/music for little kids?

RachelS
11-08-2006, 10:17 AM
have you let her listen to Jim Brickman? he's an awesome pianist. i have one of his CDs called love songs and lullabies. it is terrific. i would definitely wait until 4 or even 5 before you start music lessons... you have to be real into it to pay enough attention to do it when you're 4

sinead
11-08-2006, 11:31 AM
yeah, I was thinking that at 4 it would be more of a just basic sitting down and pretending to play rather than any serious instruction--and probably only for like 15 minutes at a time or something.

need to check out that cd, though!

Charla
11-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Sinead, I took part of a course (dropped it because my schedule was insane) called KinderKeyboard, aimed at teaching 3-5 year olds basic piano. Don't know if you have any teachers around you, but it's a fun, very low-key way to start (I doubt they require practice, or very, very little if they do). It's part of Pace's method, which I think is a really good way to do it because they learn both by ear and how to read :)

(okay, off my Music Teacher soapbox!)

Rachel, I'm so glad you get to see your mom and family. That will be so neat!

Christine, I can totally understand how you felt watching Camille at the circus. I'm the same way, thought Jasmine's just starting to get to that point. I love watching her expressions as she soaks it all in :) And isn't that one of the points for scrapbooking, to bottle up how it feels and looks right now so we can look back in years to come??

Jasmine and I are at my mom's house for the day :) Unfortunately, the caffeine I had on the way out here made my heart start racing again, which is extremely frustrating. It's been doing so much better, so this is driving me nuts!! (and making me wonder how I dealt with it daily for all that time earlier this pregnancy)

ccouch
11-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Day three on my detox & I am feeling great!! I did cheat and have a sugar-free piece of chocolate, but hey...how bad could that possibly be??

i have some fantastic news that I can't wait to share with you girlies, but it's gonna have to wait another week or so!! no hints, nada, hee hee.. ;)

hope everyone's having a great day!

KimberlyGiarrusso
11-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Oh your killing us Christine!

Brandy
11-08-2006, 01:31 PM
oh christine!!! i cant wait lol i'm dying to know...lol

sinead
11-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Christine...you know it's not fair to keep secrets! At least tell me! lol

Charlene, that program sounds good--I'll have to check into it! You know, it's not caffeine that gets to me this pregnancy (I probably have too much, though I try not to). It's sugar. If I have a sprite or two without having enough water to balance it, I'll get really nauseous. weird.

scrapsandsass
11-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Kimberly... how are you doing?

Christine... darn you for keeping us in suspense!

I tried to stay off the computer today. I just didn't want to be in a rut... AND DD was around today, so we spent several hours together, which doesn't happen often. She had given me a gift card to Barnes & Noble (and she had one of her own), so we went to spend those. We were joking that we're a "Borders" family... but after B&N and the inability to find anything, I think I definitely will stick with Borders (since there aren't any small local bookstores around us). We stopped and had a "Fatburger" for lunch since a new one opened up along our way, and then we pulled over near our house and took pictures of the river. It is soooo high. It crested over the smaller banks last night and is totally swollen and rushing. Kinda creepy since it is going to be raining/storming for several more days. :( It was unbelievably warm and pretty out today, but the rain is looming tomorrow night.

DH has been ignoring me for two days. He's totally into the politics thing right now and is avidly watching all coverage on C-Span. I can only take so much, so I'm plugged into Napster and planning on heading off to read a book.

'Night ladies!

Charla
11-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Christine, can't wait to hear what your big news is :D A week????

Kimberlee, good for you for staying off the computer! well, I guess I did too, but that's because I was gone :D Jasmine and I had a great day with my mom, and she was good, even with hours in the car. She's much easier to travel with than when she was a baby, when she flat-out refused to sleep!

I'm getting my Glucose Tolerance Test done next Tuesday...that was the earliest the lab could get me in. Isn't that ridiculous?? The next date was at least a week later! It's super-early, but hopefully that will make it easier...I'll just be glad when it's done. I want to call them and find out if I can bring jelly beans instead of their nasty drink :)

Brandy
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
lol charlene i hated that ugh. but i am glad u ladies had fun....well just a quick stop in then off to get in the shower and ready for my orintation at noon...it's bout 9 here and i'm sure i might be back before we leave but if not i will update when i get home :)

Charla
11-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Orientation?? Did you make an announcement that i missed, or is this for something else? :)

Brandy
11-09-2006, 11:26 AM
lol i thought i posted it lmao but, i got a call on tuesday from toys r us that they needed me to come in at noon on thursday for orintation! so i guess having the job interview on my b-day helped lol

Charla
11-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Congratulations!! That's awesome!! I'm so glad for you.

ccouch
11-09-2006, 03:00 PM
cool, brandy! hope you like the job! and, what better way to watch the sales, check out the goodies & buy with a discount for your little one!!

i'm so bummed! i got back into the gym today, excited and ready to go...and sprained my ankle in the first 15 minutes. so, i sat with ice on my ankle up on a chair for the remainder of class. it's gonna be okay, but i was still bummed cause it kind of took the wind out of my sails. day 4 on the detox and feeling good!

tamra
11-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Yay Brandy! Congrats on the job :)
Christine - sorry about your ankle! That's a bummer. Speaking of bummer- makin' us wait a stinkin' week for the news! That's just mean. If you tell me, I won't tell :) I'm super good at keeping secrets!

Brandy
11-09-2006, 06:19 PM
lmao tamra!

christine i'm sorry hun! i am glad it'll be okay though!

and thanks ladies i call tomarro and see when i offically start.

scrapsandsass
11-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Brandy, cool for you!

Christine, that totally sucks! But hopefully it won't keep you down for long. But that must be hard to have to chase after a little one with a hobbled ankle!

DH stayed home and worked from the house today. Very distracting for my current daily schedule... LOL. Does anyone other than Rachel have plans for the long weekend? DH is going to be home tomorrow too, for Veteran's Day, but we don't have anything planned.

Charla
11-09-2006, 07:00 PM
DH doesn't have a long weekend :( so it will be pretty normal for us.

Though...we're going to a concert on Sunday night. I like the band (it's called Kutless and is a pretty loud Christian rock group) but I'm nervous about the warmup bands, and the fact that I look so pregnant makes me feel like I'll stick out like a sore thumb. But it will be fun just the same :)

Christine, I'm so sorry aobut your ankle. I hope it heals quickly!

Brandy, hope you get the exact number of hours you're hoping for :)

Brandy
11-10-2006, 09:05 AM
thanks ladies.

charlene hope you have fun at the concert!

RachelS
11-10-2006, 12:08 PM
well i arrived safely after 13 hours in the car... usually doesn't take that long...

christine!!!! spill it!!!!!

scrapsandsass
11-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Charlene... don't be nervous. I'm sure you aren't going to be looking like a sore thumb. It will be interesting to know if the baby reacts to the 'rock and roll' going on. :D

Does anyone have a cure for having nightmares? I've been having them every stinking night in one form or another. I know that they are probably stress-related, but still... I want them to go away. At least now, most of the time they aren't about my previous employer, but sometimes the other ones are worse. I woke up this morning with my heart pounding and irregular breathing because the nightmare was so scary. Kind of like one of those horror movies.

It's funny because DH doesn't dream. I mean, I know he must, but he never remembers them. I just think that is weird. To never remember a dream? I have such vivid dreams with intricate plots, storylines and weird characters... he just always looks at me like I'm crazy. I think he's the crazy one! :)

scrapsandsass
11-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Yay Rachel! Glad you arrived safely!

RachelS
11-10-2006, 02:56 PM
charlene, i doubt you'll stick out. there are SO many people at concerts anyway... just go and enjoy!

Charla
11-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Kimberlee, DH doesn't usually remember his either, but I remember almost all of mine, especially since I don't sleep all the way through the night thanks to a certain little girl (who's 1 1/2 today! I can't believe it!)

As far as nightmares, I'm going to PM you :)

Brandy
11-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Kim- im sorry hun i hope they stops soon, i'm not sure on a way to make them though.

rachel- i'm glad u got there safe hun!

well today was/is an icky day. it is cold and gloomy out my mouth hurts and i just wanna sleep. ugh. and hubby is in some deep water because he told me he'd get me some soda before he went to lay down...um yeah right. grr

scrapsandsass
11-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh Brandy... sorry you're having a rough day. I will be so happy when your teeth aren't bothering you. Hee hee hee... I sound like my grandma. :) LOL.

Rachel... how's your family doing?

Just got back from seeing a movie with my little sis. We went to see "Stranger Than Fiction"... it was a good movie. It was an interesting premise and I was pleased that they were able to deliver on it. :D It was nice to be able to spend time with her. I don't get to see her very often when it is just a one-on-one scenario.

Now I'm getting ready to make homemade stew in sourdough bread bowls. Yum. Total comfort food for the icky weather. We're supposed to get rain through next Tuesday! Yikes!

Hugs ladies!!

Charla
11-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Weird. I really thought our upstairs neighbor must have moved out, because he's been gone for at least 6 weeks. But he's back! I'm kinda glad because he's quiet and we were worried we'd get noisy neighbors, but it means I'm back to being more aware of Jasmine crying in the middle of the night.

How's that for an exciting life I lead??? :D

scrapsandsass
11-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Charlene... I can totally relate. I remember living in apartments and being so worried about Jessica running or jumping. When we moved in with DH, it was amazing to me how quiet she was compared to his kids. They stomp up and down stairs, slam doors, make a lot of noise just even walking across a room or doing whatever... so it is kind of nice that DD is so quiet. It is a good thing you have the quiet neighbor upstairs... especially with the new baby on the way!

Brandy
11-11-2006, 12:52 PM
thanks kim! i will be too....a week just feels like forever lol and glad the movie was good. it does look pretty good. and yummy! that sounds so good lol.

charlene- glad that you have quiet neighbors above. i am always worried bout owen and making too much noise.

scrapsandsass
11-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Well ladies... I have decided that I am going to sign up for a college class this next quarter. I've been wanting to go back to school for some time... and I've grown frustrated with the fact that I haven't done it yet. I've also been frustrated with my DD's lack of interest in school lately, so I figure that some of the problem is that *I* want to go and I'm resenting the fact that she's taking it for granted. So... I talked to DH for a moment about it today and I applied online today to the college DD goes to (I previously attended) and I'm going to sign up to take English 232: Creative Writing - Short Stories. It will be Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I would, at some point, like to get a degree in creative writing or journalism, so I figure that I will take a class here and there and see what happens. I don't know that I will be able to afford it every quarter, but since DD's father helped with tuition this quarter, I will go ahead and do it. There was a photojournalism class I really wanted to take, but it isn't being offered this quarter. Darn.

I keep hoping that I will figure out what I want to be when I grow up. LOL.

Anyhow, that is my excitement for today aside from taking Kate to the park for a walk during a break in the weather. She was quite thrilled to be out sniffing everything. :D

Brandy
11-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Kim thats awsome! i'm soooo happy for you!

blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course i start work tomarro and my mouth hurts SOOOOO bad and i know my face is semi swollen i can feel it. i feel like crap. and i cant go get this shot thing my mom needed when her mouth was killing her because it makes you drowsy and stuff. and tylenol doesnt even touch it anymore :( and i am soooo sad because the gift i want to get oj for his b-day party iwe wont be able to :(

Charla
11-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Kimberlee, I'm so excited for you!! Good for you; I know you've mentioned wanting to write, and this definitely seems like it will be helpful in seeing that happen :)

Brandy, I'm so sorry you're in so much pain, and now swollen!! Tell me again, when do you go in to get the first part taken care of? I hope you're not in as much pain tomorrow and work will go well. Are you cashiering, or working somewhere on the floor?

Jasmine didn't get to sleep 'til 1 last night and it's looking like tonight won't be much earlier, though we didn't push it because we had SNL to watch. But when DH started falling asleep during Weekend Update we both knew it was time. So hopefully she'll zonk out soon, or even the late service (11:00) will be too much for us.

Brandy
11-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks Charlene i go the 20th to get them removed and as of right now they arent hurting that much. but i will be cashiering. i hope Jasmine didnt keep u guys up too late!

RachelS
11-12-2006, 09:34 PM
whew! talk about a short trip! i'm home now! i have a million things to do tonight of course but i'll try to catch up some tomorrow after work.

scrapsandsass
11-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Yay! Rachel's back!! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

DH was sweet and went to Joann's and Michael's with me today. I was in search of "Designing with Type" but alas, I couldn't find it. We ended up going to Home Depot after, so DH could boost his testosterone back up. Hee hee. Actually, we had to get floor paint for the library. We have an old hardwood floor that had been painted by his grandfather, and it looks bad, so we're just going to paint over it and then get a big area rug. We found two area rugs 8 x 10 that we liked and either would work in that room, so now it is just waiting till things are done and then we can decide on the rug.

I'm realizing that I have to get into high gear to get my calendar gifts finished. I only have two months done and I have to get the rest done, then printed, etc. by the end of the month. Our "getaway girls" annual ornament exchange is probably going to be Dec 1, so I need to have them done. Yikes.

How was the final portion of the weekend for everyone else?

Brandy
11-12-2006, 11:10 PM
whew, kim..lol got me winded just reading it...lol jk. but hope ya get it all done hun.

Rachel- glad your back missed ya! did u give mom lots of hugs for us?! lol

and i updated my blog with my first day of work. blah. lol

Charla
11-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Rachel, welcome back. Can't wait to hear about your short (/long ;) weekend!

Kimberlee, we were at Michael's today, too! I'm going to try to make blocks for JAsmine for Christmas (like in this month's CK, for anyone who reads that) of all her family since she loves family pictures. And I'm looking at making clocks for some family, so we needed supplies for that. And it made me realize again how much easier digital is...no long list of supplies!!! :D

Tonight was the concert. The main band was good (but very, very loud) but the three warm-up bands were...interesting. The first wasn't too bad, volume-wise or music-wise; kind of an 80s garage band style. The second was just loud, and the third was beyond loud. I put my coat on my stomach so I could muffle the sound more for the baby...s/he didn't kick much. I think s/he went into shock! But it was a fun experience, and Jasmine had a great time with her auntie and uncle, so all's well. I'm hoping she'll be out soon.....

scrapsandsass
11-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Glad to hear that the concert went okay, Charlene.

Glad that your first day went well Brandy. And you are not a bad mom!

ccouch
11-13-2006, 08:36 PM
hey girls! what's everyone been up to today??i had some dental work done today - ugh. day 8 on my deotx and i've lost 7.5 pounds. woo hoo! check out my new blinkie! very exciting! i really need to be exercising to help with the weight loss, but my dang ankle has kept me down for a few days :(

going to try and finish my calendar tonight for our christmas gifts. i used easy-peasy one from shabby princess. thought about making my own, but am just too busy this year. i think it'll turn out nicely :)

hope you gals are well!

Charla
11-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Christine, congratulations!! That's so awesome!!! :) Good for you. Only one more day of detox, then?? And then you can tell us your secret??? ;)
I just finished and uploaded an "easy-peasy" calendar for people to buy; hope I'm not too late for people to get them. I had fun making it, and am using it for a bunch of gifts, so it's not a big deal if I sell any :)

StaceyD
11-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Congrats Christine!!! That is GREAT!!! Hope your ankle feels better soon!

Charlene, is your calendar up in the store now?

Charla
11-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Stacey, hopefully tomorrow. I have to let the owner know about it still, but it's almost up. I'll letcha know :D

RachelS
11-13-2006, 09:13 PM
congrats christine!!!

Brandy
11-13-2006, 10:33 PM
yay christine! thats awsome! i knew you were doing great! cant wait to hear the big secret lol. and yes dental work stinks....which reminds me....one week to the day and i get them removed!!! YAY lol.

charlene- glad you all had a great time!

wow on thursday my baby is 2!! where did the time go?!

Charla
11-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Wow!! 2!! Jasmine's only 6 months behind, and I can't believe she's that old, either. It really does fly, doesn't it??

My calendar is up :) Wanna see?? Check out my blog!!!

RachelS
11-13-2006, 11:25 PM
holy cow! they grow up so fast!!!

ccouch
11-14-2006, 12:57 AM
cute calendar, charlene! that's a great idea to put them in a 4x6 album!

talk about growing up fast...camille will be 3 in january. i just don't know how that happened! time flies!

Brandy
11-14-2006, 01:30 AM
i know it's crazy how fast time goes by now. and charlene i love the calendars great job!

nite ladies :)

scrapsandsass
11-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Charlene... that is a great idea to make the calendars 4 x 6 so they can fit in a mini album. You're so smart. :D

I need to sit and make a list to figure out what I'm going to buy/make for everyone. I'm trying to think of something clever to do for my uncle. We are really not close at all, but I still have to get him something. He's into making wine, so last year I got him a wine making magazine. I've made wine charms for him, gotten him other wine stuff. So now I'm trying to think of something else.

Ohmygosh. It really seems like Kate is starting to resent the time I spend on the computer (not paying attention to her). I know she's a dog... but still... she acts like such a kid. Yesterday, I came home from the store, and found her on top of the table, laying across the keyboard of the laptop. Her other favorite thing to do now is to jump up on my lap and sit between me and the table while I'm on the computer. Boy, she's not spoiled or anything!

Sinead... how are you doing??? You've been awfully quiet.

Brandy
11-14-2006, 11:44 AM
lol kim! i can just picture it and had to laugh lol.

hope everyone is having a good day :)

RachelS
11-14-2006, 10:10 PM
here's a LO i did from my trip photos!!
http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/36553/cat/671

scrapsandsass
11-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Cool LO, Rach... how is everyone doing?

RachelS
11-14-2006, 10:22 PM
absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!! my stepdad ended up not getting orders, so he's not deploying on saturday!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!

scrapsandsass
11-15-2006, 11:01 AM
That's great. I'm sure your mom is thrilled in more ways than one.

Is everyone getting all geared up for Thanksgiving... can you believe that there is only a week of prep time left?? Yikes!

My grandma wants me to have lunch with her today. I'm really kind of dreading it because she'll nag and drive me crazy and make me feel even worse about my situation... but I try to spend time with her when I can, so I'll go. She's not the nicest person in the world, and she always says mean/hurtful things without realizing it (I hope). She's got a lot of issues. She means well, I guess, but you really have to work on patience around her.

Right now I'm waiting for DD and her friend to wake up so I can vacuum! They sleep soooooooo late!

I'm going to a writer's group meeting tonight. Yay! First one. Hopefully it will be fun!

What are you ladies up to??

Charla
11-15-2006, 11:18 AM
ARGH!!!! Jasmine just clicked on my mouse and I lost my looooong post!!!! :(

I'll go back to scrapping now, where I can hit "control-Z" if she does that to me again!

scrapsandsass
11-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Drat... we missed an opportunity for a long Charlene post?!?! Bummer!!

Our area is having a horrible wind storm. Trees are losing branches all over the place. I was driving and one small branch came down on top of my car and scared the crap out of me. Then a big branch fell a few yards ahead of me, but luckily it made it over to the other lane and didn't hit me. Then I rounded a blind corner and there was a partial tree in the lane, so I had to quickly get into the next lane over and was lucky there wasn't anyone behind me. Our neighbor's fence blew over (a big 6 foot-section) so now we can't let Kate out without her leash because she'll run through the gap and escape through her yard. Luckily, she really hasn't been inclined to go outside because it seems to be freaking her out with all of the wind/noise.

I got an email from a friend of mine (one of the getaway girls) and she runs a B&B about 30 miles south of me in Olympia. She asked if I wanted to do a couple of nights of inn sitting for them because they have a conference to go to. I figure that it would be interesting and I'd make a little bit of $ for Christmas, so I'll do that in a couple of weeks if nothing else materializes before then. Should be interesting. I used to want to run my own B&B, but then I realized that I hated getting up really early in the morning and I really don't like to have to be nice to annoying people, so it wouldn't be a good match. Hahahaha.

RachelS
11-15-2006, 08:45 PM
lol! i don't like being nice to annoying people either! some guy threatened to close his account with us because i refused to cash his check... but his account was overdrawn... can't cash a check if there are no funds to cover it. oh well. i'm still nice to the annoying folks too.

in other work news, i got some recognition today for being the best in customer service at my branch. pretty sad if you ask me... i've only been there a little while and i'm the BEST they've got???

Brandy
11-15-2006, 11:58 PM
rachel- LOVE the layout! and thats awsome bout the recognition!

Kim- i'm glad your okay! that would be scary too. hope you have fun at the writting thing tonight!

Had to work today so that went good. and i am bout an hour early but by the time everyone sees it...lol it'll be on time, a post on my blog for owen's 2nd b-day.

RachelS
11-16-2006, 06:45 AM
happy birthday owen!!!!

Charla
11-16-2006, 08:48 AM
Happy birthday, Owen!!

And another CONGRATULATIONS, Rachel :D I feel almost like a proud big sis :) Congratulations on the customer service recognition, too. That's awesome!!

And Happy Birthday, Sinead :) Have a wonderful day!! (wow! So all the females in your family have November birthdays?!?!)

sinead
11-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Kimberlee, scary!! Glad you're ok! We had bad weather yesterday here, too.

Rachel, congrats on the official announcement! :regular_s

Hi everybody else! Off to get Maggie ready for school and head to a dr appt. Will try to check in later. I haven't been around much because we've been in full-on get-ready-for-baby mode here. DH is out of town all week and my mom came down to be with me in case I go into labor in the middle of the night and somebody needs to be with Maggie, so we've been busy.

scrapsandsass
11-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Man... our weather was *nothing* compared to Sinead's! How scary for you guys to have that so close.

Rachel, I'm so glad that you're *here* now. :D Yay. And congrats for the recognition. I think it's great that they see the talent in you... hold that head high girl!

Happy birthday Owen!!!!

I'm really excited about the writing group I went to last night. We decided how we wanted to start things off, and there are a couple of people in the group that I think I'll really like. Of course there is a crazy lady... I think that there *has to be* a crazy in every writing group, but hopefully she will be diluted with more people joining. :D It is fun to think about all of the things we could do with the group. It has been such a long time since I joined anything like that. I forgot how much I like to organize things and get people active. I was a volunteer for a leadership training organization for about seven years and held local and state offices, so I guess I miss it even though I didn't really ever think about it.

Anyway, I'd better get started on my to-do list that Charlene inspired. :D

Charla
11-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Kimberlee, I'm glad your group went so well! That's wonderful :) I hope the crazy lady is diluted as more people join in. (yup, there has to be one of those!!) :)

Sinead, I still can't quite believe you're close enough that you have to be ready for "what if." I'm sure it doesn't seem like quite the shock to you that it is to me, since you see what you look like and how you feel. I know I was sure ready for Jasmine to be born when we got to a few weeks before her due date :)

Brandy
11-16-2006, 03:22 PM
thanks ladies. poor baby is got a small cold today too.... :( but other then that he has had a good day. he is napping now.

sinead- i'm so excited for you lol. cant wait to see the new baby :D and happy birthday hun!

scrapsandsass
11-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Poor Owen!

I didn't get much accomplished today after all I had planned. DD convinced me to go to Curves with her earlier, and then we hung out and she gave me an early "thanksgiving" present... House (the tv show) Season 2... so we could watch some of it. She's such a silly.

I'm waiting for DH to get home. He is stopping to get his hair cut on the way home (thank goodness). He's heading out to see the kids for the weekend. That stinks... I will have another whole weekend without him. Grrrrr.

Does anyone have any exciting plans for the upcoming weekend?

Brandy
11-16-2006, 08:37 PM
i'm sorry kim! glad you two had a good day though hun.

as for this weekend, i'm working saturday and then possibly going to mom's after work to help clean up for owen's party sunday and thats bout it.

Brandy
11-16-2006, 08:40 PM
oh and thanks bout the cold....my camera is so good you can see the ickies on his nose :(

Charla
11-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear he's sick :( Hope he had a good day anyways!

Kimberlee, enjoy House. My mom is totally hooked on it :) I'm sure I would be, if I'd let myself try it, but I thought it was another ER-type show, which I hate, so I avoided it.

This weekend....we're going to see my family as usual, and my mom's knitting group is having a "bring a friend night" so she invited me :) Nice to be thought of as her friend! I don't knit, but I do crochet, so hopefully I can get started on a blanket for the baby (not that there aren't about 12 that Jasmine never even saw!!!) :)

scrapsandsass
11-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Oh... I'm jealous. I sooooo want to learn how to knit. I just don't have the patience to teach myself. I have a DVD but it doesn't really get very good angles if you don't know what you are doing. My mom tried to teach me, but she does it backwards (like you would if you were left-handed) so it doesn't make sense to me and if I have to keep looking at a book and then figure it out, I can't do it. I think that the Joann's has a learn-to-knit class... I just need to get up there and find out when the next one is. I have knitting needles and tons of yarn and project books... just need to learn how. LOL. I don't know how to crochet either... just a straight chain stitch... so I need to expand on that. I'd also love to learn how to quilt. *sigh* too many ideas, too little time. :) But I'd really love to learn knitting so I could make sweaters for Kate. Hee hee. I'd also like to make nice washcloths and then sell little spa kits at craft fairs and stuff.

Charla
11-17-2006, 01:34 PM
I love crocheting. I actually learned when I was at JoAnn's so I could answer questions about crocheting and yarns. Then I only got questions about knitting!!
Yeah, JoAnn's does usually offer knitting classes (crocheting too) as long as there's interest...seems like they usually got canceled at our store, but that may have been the teacher more than a lack of interest :)

I've made lots of potholders (I have a super-easy pattern I can point you to once you've learned single crochet) and fun dishcloths...I made an afghan for my sister, and haven't really done any since we got married. But it's very calming and it's so cool to see skeins of yarn turn into a blanket (or whatever you're making) :)

Charla
11-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Oh! I found my "belly pic collage" from Jasmine, and I'm measuring 3-4 weeks ahead of where i was at this point with her. I'm scared...I was gigantic at 40 weeks with her!! I had DH look to see if he agreed...yup. I kept thinking "maybe I'm not really bigger than last time," but i am!!! So we'll see how enormous I get :)

ccouch
11-17-2006, 02:52 PM
anyone check out heather's new scraplift challenge?? it's me! isn't that the craziest? i've not been doing this for very long and my gallery's not that big, so i was really surprised! pretty cool, though! you girls will have to play along if you don't normally :)

Charla
11-17-2006, 02:53 PM
I saw!! That's so awesome :) I'm so excited for you!!! I'm definitely going to do it this week, though I don't do the scraplifts as often as I used to.

RachelS
11-17-2006, 03:29 PM
woohoo! lifting you will be so much fun!!

scrapsandsass
11-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Oh man... I will definitely have to scraplift you! :)

Charlene... hopefully you won't be gi-normous. :) Maybe you'll get big faster and then it will taper off later. :)

sinead
11-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Fun, Christine! I'm going to have to try to get a lift in, too!

busy day today, girlies, but DH is home! YAY! will try to pop back in for a more social post later on.

RachelS
11-17-2006, 09:30 PM
yay sinead! i'm so happy he's back home for you!

scrapsandsass
11-17-2006, 10:54 PM
So glad he's back Sinead. I was thinking that maybe it was a good thing your mom was hanging around longer... just in case. How is she feeling?

I just dropped DH off at the airport. Man the house is quiet!

Brandy
11-17-2006, 10:57 PM
hope everyone has a great weekend! gonna be a busy one for me so i may be around and may not be! lol

RachelS
11-17-2006, 11:11 PM
argh... i have to work on a saturday!!! i'll be at work tomorrow... then designing... y'all like snowmen right? :)

Charla
11-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Rachel, as long as I don't have to be out in the snow, snowmen are adorable ;D

Thanks, Kimberlee, I hope you're right about the growth leveling off.

Sinead, glad your DH is home :D

I went to a Stampin Up party tonight. It was fun, but man, how do stampers (and paper scrappers) do it without a Control-Z? With the number of mistakes our table made...no way I could go back to that life :) Got some fun ideas for designing though (like the idea of layered stamps...could easily be turned into brushes :) )

Brandy
11-18-2006, 09:13 AM
how cool charlene! and i know lol i couldnt do it with out ctrl z lol!

i agree Rachel, as long as i dont feel the cold lol they are so cute! and i hear you i have to work this afternoon as well!

scrapsandsass
11-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Charlene, it is cool that you got some good ideas for designs from the party. I know how you feel about the mistake thing. When I went to that class, I had the hardest time putting anything down or even cutting. It was weird. Like my brain can't work that way anymore or something. I need to get practicing since I'm making some things for Christmas!

I went and got my hair cut/styled yesterday afternoon. The lady really did a good job. I usually go to the cheapest place I can find because I never have found a beautician that I liked (well, I did once but then she quit). Yesterday, since I was desperate to get in somewhere, I went to this little place a couple of blocks up the street. It was more expensive, but the lady did a great job and really listened... so I'm thinking... you get what you pay for. I'm excited that I finally found someone I like... and I'm thinking she's not going to quit anytime soon. It is just a relief because my hair was in such bad shape! Funny though... I picked DH up from work and he didn't even notice. And it looked totally different! So when I finally pointed it out to him, he said that he noticed it looked different, but just thought I'd styled it that way. Oh yeah, Mr. Observant... the fact that I didn't have bangs before had escaped you? What a silly guy.

I worked out this morning and am starting to compile my turkey day shopping list. Yikes. I'm sure the store will be crazy today. I have the whole house to myself all day. DD has a field trip for her oceanography class and DH is over with the kids. Weird! I'm also going to start on a couple of Christmas gifts. I can't say because I think some nosey people are reading my posts to check up on me. Hahahaha.

Hope you ladies are all having a wonderful Saturday!

Brandy
11-18-2006, 06:04 PM
aw kim cant wait to see pics lol!! but glad ya got a quiet house lmao! hope ya get some stuff done lol

well ladies i'm off for the night and tomarro, we're staying with my mom so we can help her get the house cleaned up for owen's party tomarro and i might pop in at her house but not sure lol

ccouch
11-19-2006, 10:22 PM
okay, girls!! I can finally let you in on my little secret! Check out my new blinkie!!

Go Me!! I'm on Christine Smith's CT!!

StaceyD
11-19-2006, 10:31 PM
That is AWESOME Christine!!! Congrats!!!!

Charla
11-19-2006, 10:52 PM
That's awesome!! Congratulations :) have a blast!!!

Brandy, how did Owen's party go?

Sinead, how's your mom doing? How are you feeling?

DH took Jasmine over to his parents' for an hour or so, to drop some things off (they're our storage space!) and pick up our Christmas tree (pre-lit. Yay for easy!) and to let Jasmine see her grandparents. And I stayed here and got a nap. It was heaven :) She kept me up until after 1:30 and we still made it to church and then stupidly braved Target and the supermarket (insanely busy! I was shocked!) so I was pretty exhausted. I'm still hoping she'll crash soon, but at least I'm not as wiped out as I was. :)

RachelS
11-19-2006, 11:31 PM
yay congrats christine! that's awesome!

yay charlene for easy christmas trees! prelit ones are the best! i HATE doing lights on our tree. of course the supermarket is busy... thanksgiving is soon. people are afraid that the supermarket may run out of just what they need the closer it gets to thursday but are not well prepared enough to go much earlier than the weekend before. *this comes from years of experience working as a cashier at a supermarket* I'm so glad you got a nap!

sinead, if you're still around and reading this... go have a baby! LOL!

Brandy
11-19-2006, 11:48 PM
congrats christine!!

and thansk for asking he had a great time. my mom got him an elmo trike he LOVES it. he runs around saying "my bi my bi!!!!" lol

scrapsandsass
11-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Congrats, Christine. How exciting. AND you are doing chats. How much fun will that be?? Yay!

Sinead... how are you doing???

Brandy... glad the party went well and that Owen is so excited over his tricycle. :)

Charlene... good for you and a nap!

I did grocery shopping last night. I went during the time I figured most people would be eating dinner. I got enough stuff to get a free turkey, which I'm giving to my mom. Today, I went to this store called "Cash & Carry" that I had never been to before. It's kind of like a restaurant supply store. I finally found granulated onion. I was so excited. Costco used to have it but they don't carry it anymore. I can't stand to use the dehydrated onions because they always seem like toenails to me.

DH got in to the airport around 12:30. It is good to have him home. I don't like being in the house alone all night. Kinda creepy.

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only a few days away. Since I'm not living by a calendar every day, it seems like I have no concept of time and that it is totally sneaking up on me.

Tomorrow I'm picking up the turkey my grandma has been storing for us so I can start thawing it. I'm thinking about making some little placecards for the big day, but I don't know if I'll get that motivated. :) Hee hee.

Brandy
11-20-2006, 11:17 AM
lol kim! but glad you had a good day and hubby is home!

Brandy
11-20-2006, 11:18 AM
oh and 3 hrs til i go for my teeth!!!!! :D lol

tamra
11-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Congrats Christine on making Christine's CT!
Brandy, so glad you get to go get that done now :) Good luck!

tamra
11-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Kimberlee- glad dh is back home now - it is kinda scary to be home alone at night.

sinead
11-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Congrats, Christine!

Thanks for the thoughts, girlies. I'm stressed right now. My poor mom is still in the hospital (has been since Saturday night) and is experiencing little to no relief so far. They *think* that it might be something called Migranes Vertigo (or vertigo caused by migranes), but they need to do an MRI to rule out anything bigger or scarier. The CAT scan came back fine, so the neurologist doesn't think he'll see anything on the MRI, but they need more info before they just start treating her for migranes. The problem is that she's still dizzy and nauseous and now she's got a killer migrane (had it since yesterday morning). They had to go up 3 levels of pain meds before they could touch it, and she's still in pain. I'm still here at my house, being told by everybody else in my family not to come. I feel useless and like I'm letting my mom down--she'd be there for me. I know I need to take care of the baby and that I wouldn't be able to do anything for Mom if I was there, but still...

Anyway, that's enough out of me. The cold that Maggie and DH have had has finally caught up with me, so to top everything off, I'm miserable with that as well. Maggie and I are heading to the bank and the library now in an attempt to distract Mommy. Maybe it'll work.

No sunshiney sinead today. I hope you guys are doing better.

Brandy
11-20-2006, 11:45 AM
aw sinead i'm sorry hun! i hope that they can figure it out soon hun! :60:

scrapsandsass
11-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Oh Sinead... I'm so sorry for you. :( Your poor mom. What an awful time to be going through all of this (for both of you). HUGS!

Brandy... I'm so glad today's the day!!! Whew!

What's going on with everyone else?

Brandy
11-20-2006, 12:42 PM
thanks kim me too :D lol

ccouch
11-20-2006, 01:04 PM
i'll say a prayer for you brandy! i hope everything goes great!

and, sinead, love, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's health. hugs and prayers go out to you. take care of yourself and that little one!!

my mom's coming into town tomorrow. i'm cleaning like mad today :)

RachelS
11-20-2006, 05:07 PM
sinead, is she having any hearing problems? ringing in the ears? loss of hearing to some degree? my mom has something called meniere's disease and frequently has similar symptoms, including the dreaded vertigo.

scrapsandsass
11-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Just got back from the college. They wanted me to talk to an advisor... so I am now slated to take a math placement test tomorrow, which totally grumps me out because I'm so math challenged, it isn't even funny. I can do regular math... accounting... business math... but algebra and geometry? Hell no. So now depending on where I place, I may have to take multiple math courses to get a degree in journalism. How ironic is that? But at least math is the only required course I have left to get the AA I need. I took 73 credits at Pierce before transferring to Antioch instead of finishing the 90 to get the AA because of work/scheduling. When I got to Antioch, I entered into the marriage/family therapy BA program, which does me no good now because I don't want to do that work. So now, to go back and get a degree in journalism, it will be easier to go backwards and finish the Associates degree at Pierce and then transfer to a 4-year and move some of my Antioch credits (that will transfer) and finish the degree in journalism than it would be to complete the degree at a 4-year now. Sheesh. It never can be easy. :) But I'm happy just to be doing it. :) So I think instead of just taking a creative writing course starting in January, I'll take a math too since I will most likely have a couple to do before I'm finished.

There's a part of me that would rather just take a year to finish a degree in journalism (with student loans) than to go back to work and struggle to complete it over several years. Going back to work severely limits the amount of classes I can take. BUT I don't think that DH would go for that AT ALL. So I will just wait and see what happens.

Brandy
11-20-2006, 08:25 PM
well hope it all works out for you soon kim!

and thanks christine! it went pretty good. they had trouble getting the Iv in but once they did i was knocked out and it took 3-4 hours jeff said. btu now the pain is starting to kick in as the swelling is going down.

Brandy
11-21-2006, 09:06 AM
sinead hun i'm sorry! :60: there will be thoughts and prayers for your mom i read the other post

well i'll be home later this afternoon....it's off to work i go :) lol. have a good day ladies :)

RachelS
11-21-2006, 09:25 AM
how's your mouth feeling today brandy?

scrapsandsass
11-21-2006, 09:04 PM
How is everyone doing on this Thanksgiving Eve eve?

I registered for classes today. Technically, at 13 credits, I will be a full-time student. But they are evening classes, so I can still get a job. I'm a math retard, so I'm going to have to take one class and then retest so I can jump ahead and finish. I'm taking the creative writing course and then a photojournalism (school paper) class. Yay!

Tonight we're getting the house cleaned up and tomorrow I'm going to be doing some pre-cooking for the big turkey day. Nothing too exciting. DH is going to stay home and "work" tomorrow, so that will be nice.

What's everyone else doing for the holiday?

Charla
11-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Kimberlee, I'm excited for you :) Hope the math is easier than you expect it to be (I loved math, but would struggle in the more creative classes, so I understand your feelings!)

Brandy, how are you feeling? Is the pain going down?

Christine, have fun with your mom :)

ccouch
11-21-2006, 10:13 PM
brandy! you poor thing!! out there dealing with holiday shoppers when you're mouth is so sore!! i hope everyone was extra nice to you today, sweetie!

charlene, thanks! mom got in this afternoon & camille has been just beside herself - she's so excited to have her here! i am really looking forward to her being here :) we're going to see santa tomorrow. a little earlier than i normally like to, but i thought that would be something that my mom would really like to be a part of since she lives so far away and can't normally be around for fun things like that.

i'm still trying to stay focused on my diet, so i'm bringing healthy alternatives to thanksgiving dinner: green beans almondine, broccoli cheese casserole (made w/ brown rice, low fat & lite ingredients), and a strawberry mousse made w/ sugar-free jello & fat-free whipped cream. i'm thinking that it'll be easier to stay away from the bad stuff if i have good stuff to choose from :)

you ladies traveling? staying at home?

pbumbaca
11-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Christine good for you! If you have that much willpower I want to take lessons! ;)

Brandy hoping you are feeling painfree by now!

Kimberlee good for you on the classes! Math was my favorite subject so I'd be just the opposite of you!

I am off for the next 5 days and am beside myself with joy! Just finished off a page for Rachel's new kit for Thursday and a guest CT spot's new kit and I'm off to bed because I know the boys will be up bright and early! Have a great night all!

Brandy
11-22-2006, 12:14 AM
thanks ladies. the bleeding stoped this morning before i left for work...though i could still taste it..ick so i got vitamin c drops for at work and it hurt here and there but just still alittle swollen feeling. and still cant open my mouth all the way..just part way lol. and they were like "wow you had them all pulled and your at work" i was like "welp thats what happens when u need the money." it does hurt as much as i thought it would so that is a plus lol. and he said i didnt need stitches and anythign that gets in the holes will come out on it's own. so i'm just waiting for the swelling to go down on the gums themselves. And i'm glad the tylenoal is helping because i hate taking stuff that will knock me out as the vicotin will so i havent gotten it filled yet.

hope you ladies have a great thanksgiving weekend. we are staying in town like normal. we have my MIL's to go to at 11 and then my grandma's at 2. so should be a good day lol.

well off to bed ladies :)

scrapsandsass
11-23-2006, 11:13 PM
*gasp*... we fell off the front page!

Hope all of you ladies are having a wonderful Thanksgiving.

We were so busy getting ready yesterday... doing tons of prep and cleaning. Then we got up early this morning and started working. I'm sooooo tired! Dinner went okay, even though I wasn't happy with the turkey. We tried something different this year and didn't really like it that much. But everyone else thought it was fine. Now we're vegging in front of the tv after five loads of dishes. Yikes. I'm waiting to see Grey's Anatomy and then I'm crashing!

Hugs to you ladies!! Can't wait to see what everyone else did for the holidays and to hear about any great deals people got while fighting the craziness to shop on Friday.

RachelS
11-24-2006, 07:35 AM
i had a great thanksgiving!!

but i had a horrible dream last night that just wouldn't quit. i kept waking up and then going back to sleep and it just got worse. ugh!

Brandy
11-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Kim- glad u had a good night and sorry the turkey wasnt too good lol

Rachel-i'm sorry hun. i hate when i get dreams like that.

Our thanksgiving was good. we went to his moms first...owen didnt eat. but there ws good food. then my grandma's about 2 hours later...agian owen wouldnt eat. but lots of fun and talking and good times. came home bout 8ish and crashed by 10:15 lol.

Charla
11-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Rachel, I hate when dreams do that! Notice it's never the perfect, wonderful dreams that continue after you wake up...why is that??

Brandy, Jasmine didn't eat much either. She missed out on some good things!

We had 2 Thanksgivings, which was wonderful. I've been craving turkey for weeks :D We got some of the leftover turkey for awesome sandwiches, too :)

DH braved the WalMart opening, but didn't get there early...showed up right at 5. He got everything he wanted, so we're excited! We got a travel DVD player, which should make our trip this weekend (For my friend's wedding) much easier :D

scrapsandsass
11-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Rachel... I can relate. Sorry you had the ongoing nightmare. I had a nightmare about DH last night and woke up totally pissed at him. LOL. It took me a few minutes to get back to normal.

Kate enjoyed her first Thanksgiving and stuffed herself with turkey bits that my mom was giving her. My grandma and mom hate each other, so my grandma was being all bossy and telling us not to give the dog a bunch of people food. So my mom purposely did it to annoy my grandma. It is amazing that they can ignore each other when there are such a small number of people.

I was amazed at how dead our little city is today because, I'm assuming, everyone is out at the malls. We live in the center of downtown. The only stores around are little gift shops, a ton of antique stores, and stuff like that. I went out to the 7-11 to get my morning Mt. Dew fix and nothing is even open. Kinda weird. We're avoiding the shopping areas at all costs. :) I got irritated just having to go to the store on Wednesday when it was crowded... I can't even imagine today. I think we're relaxing today.

I need to figure out what is wrong with my internet on the laptop. I upgraded to IE7 and now I can't even get it to open. :( I hate when stuff like that happens.

Brandy
11-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry bout your IE Kim!

thats awsome Charlene bout the portable dvd player!

well on a plus note i got paid today :D and found out i'm making 50 cents more then what they said. and my check was alot better then what i was thinking it'd be. and next week i've got some GREAT hours. only 2 days off. so i'm excited lmao

scrapsandsass
11-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Good for you, Brandy!

I deleted IE7 from the laptop so I can get onto the internet, at least.

DH is 2/3 of the way finished with my bookshelves. I got the first batch of books up... I'm so excited.

We're getting ready to head out to have dinner with my ILs. BIL and his son are over from Eastern WA (SIL and daughter are too but are visiting other relatives) and they are staying with MIL and FIL, so we're going to go out to save MIL from having to cook for that crowd. At 85, they should be taking care of her, but they don't do it, so she scurries around and does everything.

I went to my writers' group meeting again today. We're trying to set up a more-regular schedule and then I'm going to start promoting it and trying to get additional members. I think we have a good core group though, so that is fun.

Can't wait to get home and get some scrapping done. I haven't been able to find much time to sit and work on stuff over the past couple of weeks.

Hugs ladies!

Charla
11-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Kimberlee, I've heard that IE7 is getting better, but it still has a lot of bugs. Glad you can get online again!! :) Happy scrapping!! I'm hoping to do some of that today, too.

We had a good weekend, though I'm soooo glad to be home. We went to Albany for my friend's wedding, which was perfect...but Jasmine didn't sleep well at all, so I didn't either. It was about 3:30 before I fell asleep for real on Saturday night, so Sunday came early. We went to the Baseball Hall of Fame, which was a lot of fun :) ONly problem...our camera is giving us major problems, and about half of our pictures are either purple or have horrible lines through the whole picture, so I'm not sure what to do about that.

And I want to be a vegetable now. Kay?? :)

Sinead, any more decision about the baby's name? It's hard, especially when you know that it's a girl (with Jasmine we never had a boy's name, but we didn't know what we were having, so we could just keep hoping we could use Jasmine and not have to have a boy's name!) :)

scrapsandsass
11-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Bummer about your photos. What a rotten time of year to have problems with it.

I didn't get any scrapping done. My computer is being all crazy. I can't seem to upload my pics and I'm having trouble opening PS files. Grrrr.

I watched the DaVinci Code today and then did a bunch of cleaning/organizing. I have waaaaaaay too much clutter. I need to get rid of stuff. I'm going crazy. I also have bad relationship feng shui because my "relationship corner" SW corner of the bedroom is full of clutter! Yikes. Gotta take care of that.

Anyway, it feels a little better to have a small amount of it taken care of. Now maybe I can do some scrapping if I can get my computer to cooperate!

RachelS
11-28-2006, 07:49 AM
i watched the davinci code 3 times since we bought it on saturday! i was really impressed!

scrapsandsass
11-28-2006, 03:22 PM
It is kind of funny because I couldn't read the DaVinci Code... couldn't get into it for some reason, but I really liked the movie.

It snowed here last night... but only enough to cover the ground. The bad part is that it froze, so all of the roads are a sheet of ice. Some of the local freeways have had jack-knifed semis, cars left on the side of the road, commutes that are hours and hours long... crazy! I got DH to the train and am waiting to hear from him. He is supposed to have a meeting tonight (later than the train runs), so I'd have to drive up to Seattle later to get him if that's the case. I'm hoping they'll cancel.

It's hilarious. Kate hates the cold and does not like to get her feet in the snow. When she has to go to the bathroom, she runs out into the yard and tries to lift her back feet up to keep them out of the snow, so she tips forward because she's off-balance. Silly girl!

How is everyone doing?

RachelS
11-28-2006, 04:22 PM
that's so funny about Kate! LOL! my dog used to go outside and lift one foot up at a time... so whenever she was in the snow it was only 3 feet touching. she'd rotate which foot she had lifted up!

my kids are both sick again/still... i feel like a horrible mother. i started working at the bank, and now they have not been well for more than like a week at a time. i know i can't protect them forever but it makes me feel like work was a mistake. i feel awful for them! ian will be getting tubes in his ears as soon as i can figure out which ENT will take our insurance (which starts on friday). poor isaac is just stuck with another antibiotic to try and get rid of his strep throat. ian has a new antibiotic too. they are supposedly covered under the medicaid for kids down here called PeachCare for Kids, but it doesn't cover the type of antibiotics they needed this time to get rid of their infections... so i had to pay out of pocket... $150 for 2 bottles of 10-day antibiotics (each kid has a different kind but i have no idea what they are)... i about cried when they told me how much it would be.

Charla
11-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Rachel, I'm so sorry!! I can't even imagine how hard that would be. :( I hope they get better quickly and you can find a place for Ian to get the tubes in his ears.

How funny about Kate! Your dog, too, Rachel! My family's dog just gets lazy and won't go downstairs from the deck, which is really gross.

I have pictures up on my blog from the weekend...actually, they're really there to show you just why we decided it was time for a new camera! I'm not sure if MIL will let us have it when it gets here, or if she'll make us wait 'til Christmas...we're borrowing her point-and-shoot for now, so at least we can take pictures, just can't play with our new one :)

scrapsandsass
11-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Ohmygosh, Charlene... how crazy that your camera started doing that. But the good news is that you are going to get a new one. What kind are you getting?