PDA

View Full Version : Digi Inking

ShawnaW
07-30-2005, 11:02 PM
How do you do this? What settings are best for PSP?

holly
07-30-2005, 11:19 PM
brushes are your friend! I don't use PSP, so hopefully someone else can answer you quickly!

happyrobyn
07-31-2005, 01:12 PM
I agree with Holly. Brushes are the way to go. But for an even easier answer ... overlays! Holly has some great inked edge, sanded, etc overlays here. Also, many kits have great overlays in them. Sorry ... I'm not a PSP user.

MandaBean
07-31-2005, 02:44 PM
I love PSP, but have fallen in love with PS! Brushes are the best way to ink up your images, but with PSP there is a size limit. I think they don't go larger than 255x255, and when you're dealing with a large image..these restrictions can be annoying. But hey..if that's all you have to work with, you tend to make the best of it! I would make a transparent image in the size that you will generally be using the inked edge for, and go all around the edges with your grungiest brushes. If you want to remove some of the ink, go behind yourself with the eraser tool using a grunge brush tip. Save when you're finished, and you'll never have to worry about that hard work again! Just remember to start with a transparent background and save as a .PNG! Good luck. :)

ShawnaW
07-31-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the tips!

KimMauch
08-02-2005, 12:01 PM
I used overlays (hardly ever use brushes for ANYTHING). Holly has some great overlays that I just love. I often adjust the opacity to get just the right amount of inking.

Kim

scrappinsweetie
09-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Another neat trick to making inked edges in PSP is to use the lighten darken tool. I have used it lots but i find the overlays to be a lot easier and faster ;)